Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Will You Love To Adopt Kids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Love To Adopt Kids? (5140 Views)

How Many Kids Would You Love To Have In Future? Name Them / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / How Can I Adopt A Child In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by SeanT21(f): 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2008
When i grow up i plan on visiting kenya and addopting 3 kids from there.

Those Feed the Children show gets to me. I wanna adopt 2 girls and 1 boy.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by mohawkchic(f): 10:58pm On Jun 21, 2008
~Thought about it. . . but am still not certain!! undecided
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by jgirl3: 2:12am On Jun 22, 2008
I would want to adopt kids but i will also love to have my own.
I think it's the best thing in the world to provide another child with the blessings that my children will recieve.
No child deserves to suffer.

1 Like

Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by SeanT21(f): 3:46am On Jun 22, 2008
j-girl:

I would want to adopt kids but i will also love to have my own.
I think it's the best thing in the world to provide another child with the blessings that my children will recieve.
No child deserves to suffer.

i am thinking of adopting 3 and having 2 of my own. I want a huge family.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by ikamefa(f): 4:08am On Jun 22, 2008
am going to have a very large family  12 kids

definitely not going to kenya to adopt them

am going back to my little village to adopt  them all  grin grin grin
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by SeanT21(f): 4:21am On Jun 22, 2008
ikamefa:

am going to have a very large family 12 kids

definitely not going to kenya to adopt them

am going back to my little village to adopt them all grin grin grin

i feel sorry for those kenyans on "FEED THE CHILDREN". They have it worse.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by ikamefa(f): 4:25am On Jun 22, 2008
SeanT21:

i feel sorry for those kenyans on "FEED THE CHILDREN". They have it worse.

oh well ! some kids in some parts of 9 j a have it bad too
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by mohawkchic(f): 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2008
am going to have a very large family 12 kids

~Wow shocked~ I take my hat off to you for wanting that much!! Much as i loove kids i cant see me in a house full of 12 kids,i'll go Nuts!!
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by ifyalways(f): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2008
Oh,well lets get to the river first undecided
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by naomijt(f): 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2008
It's a wonderful thing to help put smiles on the faces of the needy especially children. If one has the time and resources, It won't be a bad idea to adopt a child or two.

I have always wanted to adopt kids to care for apart from my own, but it might not really work that way anymore. Although, I won't hesitate to assit any helpless child that comes my way.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by ikamefa(f): 10:28pm On Jun 22, 2008
mohawkchic:

[b][/b]

~Wow shocked~ I take my hat off to you for wanting that much!! Much as i loove kids i can't see me in a house full of 12 kids,i'll go Nuts!!

dont blame me ! grew up in a large family tongue numerous biological siblings and adopted ones too smiley
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 22, 2008
these women and adoption.
Why adopt when you can have your own?
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by henry007(m): 10:34pm On Jun 22, 2008
ok i've made up my mind to adopt a child later in life just as i also want a child b4 marriagewierd huh?;point is these views may change after a while and while planning a gud life owo filled and u end up in a bad state GFI ,wld u still want 2 adopt?
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by SeanT21(f): 2:18am On Jun 23, 2008
davidylan:

these women and adoption.
Why adopt when you can have your own?

little children in 3rd world countries are suffering while their parents are dying from HIV.
Take a look at "FEED THE CHILDREN". You might change your mind.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Mesmerize(f): 2:21am On Jun 23, 2008
@post
I'll love to adopt kids, but it's not just my choice alone.
Y'all need to understand that decisions in marriage needs to be made b/w husband/wife.
So maybe your hubby might want only his own kids or your wife might not want the burden of adopting kids not her own when she still got fresh eggs
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by SeanT21(f): 2:22am On Jun 23, 2008
Mesmerize:

@post
I'll love to adopt kids, but it's not just my choice alone.
Y'all need to understand that decisions in marriage needs to be made bTw husband/wife.
So maybe your hubby might want only his own kids

that is why i plan on adopting kids before marriage. I love to make my own decision.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Mesmerize(f): 2:26am On Jun 23, 2008
SeanT21:

that is why i plan on adopting kids before marriage.
Good! I hope you find a man ready to take the kids as his full responsibility. Because good men nowadays are hard to come by smiley

SeanT21:

I love to make my own decision.
I'm sorry if this sounds offensive, but how old are you?
"I love to make my own decisions". . .that does not work all the time in a marriage.
You might even have to change your schedule for your kids just because your husband goes to work the time you're at work.
Be ready to have 3 kids if you want 5 kids, just because your husband might want 2 kid. If you want to get married, adjust to the system of the "relenting" wife
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by mohawkchic(f): 3:05am On Jun 23, 2008
ikamefa:

don't blame me ! grew up in a large family tongue numerous biological siblings and adopted ones too smiley

~Aaah smiley Quite Understandable!! No Doubt you'll have a house full of love!! Good Luck,I hope you get to fullfill that Desire!!
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 23, 2008
I would rather make frequent donations to needy children. smiley
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Godalone(m): 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2008
I am still thinking about it but i know very well that i will be supportive to the needy.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by noetic(m): 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2008
@ poster

u dont have to go all the way to kenya, there are over a million homeless kids in nigeria and about 3 million of children of skool age walkin on d streets

charity begins home. and also it is advisable u follow mesmeriza's advise.
It's a different thing adopting a child to escape poverty, but y adopt one that cannot expirience the joy of a family?

put off adoption for now, when u get into a serious rel, talk 2 ur hubby abt it. if u feel passionate about it, he will consent.

1 Like

Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by jkpretty(f): 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2008
I don't mind to adopt, I thot about it and might likely do it, whether i have children or not. But i must make sure i'm financially strong so as to give the adopted kid or children a comfortable life.

1 Like

Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by SeanT21(f): 12:20am On Jun 24, 2008
Mesmerize:

Good! I hope you find a man ready to take the kids as his full responsibility. Because good men nowadays are hard to come by smiley
I'm sorry if this sounds offensive, but how old are you?
"I love to make my own decisions". . .that does not work all the time in a marriage.
You might even have to change your schedule for your kids just because your husband goes to work the time you're at work.
Be ready to have 3 kids if you want 5 kids, just because your husband might want 2 kid. If you want to get married, adjust to the system of the "relenting" wife

I am 18 yrs old. I am praying that God will send me a man that will accept my decision. My boyfriend right about now love kids but i dont think he wants to adopt. I hope i will change his mind or is " Hit the Road Jack and dont you come back no more".

I love to be independent. I hope God will send me a man that will accept my independent decision or if not i will just stick to dating.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Mesmerize(f): 1:02am On Jun 24, 2008
SeanT21:

I am 18 years old. I am praying that God will send me a man that will accept my decision. My boyfriend right about now love kids but i don't think he wants to adopt. I hope i will change his mind or is " Hit the Road Jack and don't you come back no more".

As long as you know that your boyfriend is on the right path of his goals. Not one of those, "I feel like dropping out" kids.
Becuz if you want a home of 12 kids, darling, you'll need financial help and support. As you can tell, things are not as easy as it used to be when we were 5 or 6.
LOL! That's what I meant, you might want to adopt kids, but if your husband is not into it, I'll suggest you have your own biological children smiley

SeanT21:

I love to be independent. I hope God will send me a man that will accept my independent decision or if not i will just stick to dating.

Amen! And I hope you're woman enough to take his independent decision. Such as him not wanting to adopt kids or listen to any of your decisions.

I am not that older than you to be "lecturing" you, but I do know what am talking about and just giving my 2 cents wink
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by SeanT21(f): 1:52am On Jun 24, 2008
Mesmerize:

As long as you know that your boyfriend is on the right path of his goals. Not one of those, "I feel like dropping out" kids.
Becuz if you want a home of 12 kids, darling, you'll need financial help and support. As you can tell, things are not as easy as it used to be when we were 5 or 6.
LOL! That's what I meant, you might want to adopt kids, but if your husband is not into it, I'll suggest you have your own biological children smiley

Amen! And I hope you're woman enough to take his independent decision. Such as him not wanting to adopt kids or listen to any of your decisions.

I am not that older than you to be "lecturing" you, but I do know what am talking about and just giving my 2 cents wink

I want to adopt 3 kids and have 2 of my own.

I understand that i have to listen to his decision but i been planning to adopt kids 4ever and if he don't accept my decision then its not gonna workout. Period!!!

there is only so much of his "independent decision" i can take,

He is a good person but if my goals and his goals don't match then if we get marry it is not going to workout.

I already set all my goals and his decisions is not gonna change it.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Mesmerize(f): 2:13am On Jun 24, 2008
SeanT21:

I want to adopt 3 kids and have 2 of my own.

I understand that i have to listen to his decision but i been planning to adopt kids 4ever and if he don't accept my decision then its not going to workout. Period!!!
Me like the spirit! me likey! wink
Then hon, be ready to change your schedule o, delete or cross his name out, if it wnt work out just because of some misunderstandings!

SeanT21:

there is only so much of his "independent decision" i can take,
Be ready to feel the same way from him.

SeanT21:

He is a good person but if my goals and his goals don't match then if we get marry it is not going to workout.

I already set all my goals and his decisions is not going to change it.

me likey this spirit very much!
Let no man change your goals, and try not to change his goals if he's going the right path!
That's one of the biggest mistake ever! trying to change a man!
If he wnt change for you before you marry him, he wnt change for you after you marry him.
So if he doesn't want adoption now, he probably wnt later on!
Thread wisely smiley
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by SeanT21(f): 2:42am On Jun 24, 2008
Mesmerize:

Me like the spirit! me likey! wink
Then hon, be ready to change your schedule o, delete or cross his name out, if it wnt work out just because of some misunderstandings!
Be ready to feel the same way from him.
me likey this spirit very much!
Let no man change your goals, and try not to change his goals if he's going the right path!
That's one of the biggest mistake ever! trying to change a man!
If he wnt change for you before you marry him, he wnt change for you after you marry him.
So if he doesn't want adoption now, he probably wnt later on!
Thread wisely smiley

Thanks for the understanding. I am ready for whatever. Call me Miss Independent.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Mesmerize(f): 2:46am On Jun 24, 2008
wink
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by opokonwa(m): 9:11am On Jun 24, 2008
It seems like it's the ladies leading the way on this 'adoption' thread. undecided
Guys have completely faded out.

Well I would love to adopt a kid or two in future and give life to whom it has been denied.
I hope that I create a 'circle of friends around this idea'.

It will be a dream come true for me.

1 Like

Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Radiant(f): 9:52am On Jun 24, 2008
Adoption is one of the things I'll have to discuss with my partner when we're courting. If he can't buy the idea then bless his ass.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by ayomifull(f): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2008
I really love to but have not discussed it with my husby hope he feels same way too sha
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by obillyj(f): 11:34pm On Jul 11, 2008
u know i was really thrilled when i read the topic. used to think am the only one that wants to do that. well i want to have 4kids of my own and two adopted though nigerian kids. but the truth is that it all still depend on how the man sees it. i've actually questioned some of my male friends on that and i found out it's only one of them that share the dream with me so u see it wont be easy with the spouse to agree to it. u know wat? i always pray that whoever it becomes will share the same dream with me,"" to give those orphans the priviledge of knowing what it feels like to have a real home""

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? / Guys,over To U!!! / Home Clearance- Quality Wines At Discounted Prices, For Celebrations/Gifting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.