Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Will You Love To Adopt Kids? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Love To Adopt Kids? (5144 Views)

How Many Kids Would You Love To Have In Future? Name Them / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / How Can I Adopt A Child In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by lucabrasi(m): 12:13am On Jul 12, 2008
always been a dream of mine when im prolly settled, maybe like 3/4 kids added to my biological kids, large family smiley
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Gamine(f): 5:55pm On Jul 15, 2008
i would surely want to adopt after my kids hv gone to university

but i wont do an Angelina Jolie and adopt from different backgrounds

i dont think i like that
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by rubi(f): 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2008
Gamine:

i would surely want to adopt after my kids hv gone to university

This is a true life story I know of couples they use to live in canada whom their kids have grown and even finish university later the man move back to nigeria there is this small girl that comes around to help them each time they travel home soon they saw how helpful the girl has been to them they decided to adopt her when the wife came back to live in canada because she has not retired yet the man fell in love with the girl and married her adoption has it's ups and down
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Esss(m): 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2008
I aint adopting another mans headaches. HELLS NO.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Gamine(f): 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2008
@Rubi, married?

abeg o, im adopting babies pls o!!!
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by rubi(f): 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2008
Gamine:

@Rubi, married?

abeg o, im adopting babies please o!!!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Esss(m): 2:29am On Jul 16, 2008
i have studied the trend of this thread.

Like 95% of womenn will say, "I will adopt". My question is have you finished raisng yours that you are going to carry another mans burden??

Dont get me wrong o! If you dont have one of your own and you feel like adopting, more hydraulics to your elbows.

But ask for adopting when you already have your own, Hmm!! I see free house help written all over it.

Give to the poor and needy, Sponsor a motherless babies home, Sponsor a needy child, Scholarship for the orphans all these are good, and I can do, but why go as far as adopting??

Anyways, I'm sure that most men would nott agree to this adoption rubbish.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by rubi(f): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2008
Esss:

Like 95% of womenn will say, "I will adopt". My question is have you finished raisng yours that you are going to carry another mans burden??

Dont get me wrong o! If you don't have one of your own and you feel like adopting, more hydraulics to your elbows.

But ask for adopting when you already have your own, Hmm!! I see free house help written all over it.

Give to the poor and needy, Sponsor a motherless babies home, Sponsor a needy child, Scholarship for the orphans all these are good, and I can do, but why go as far as adopting??

God bless you for that nice input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by lucabrasi(m): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2008
Esss:

Dont get me wrong o! If you don't have one of your own and you feel like adopting, more hydraulics to your elbows.

and that is precisely why a lot of rich people in nigeria with a family of less than 5 live in a 20 room mansion and watch kids living under the bridge without helping them out,my elder sister adopted 2 kids from naija and i know in spite of the system breakdown they do very thorough checks and you cant adopt if you ll be using them for househelps.

nigeria will change dramatically if an average nigerian can remove this mind set of " i cant adop or foster kids" as bad as white people are,they adopt africans,and adopt generally and even foster kids

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by flexin: 9:57am On Aug 21, 2008
I love this thread here but almost everyone is thinking of doing that in the future.
I'm actually thinking of doing it now.Can anyone provide names and contact of places to adopt children around the Port Harcourt area of Naija.
So many children out there need to be loved.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Feministic(f): 11:23pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ post

I intend to adopt most of my children.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by ssRhino: 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2008
yes
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2008
@ topic nope
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by MadMax1(f): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2008
I'm not married, but I intend to adopt soon. Will adopt every three years after that. And have one or two biological uns when I'm married. A kid's a kid.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by TPS360: 12:35pm On Aug 23, 2008
sure, nigerians kids only, dont believe in brangelina adoption crap,
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by IBCE(f): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2008
I ve always wanted 2 adopt kids.
I want 2 help d best i can, I jst want to go to any of the motherless babies home here and take a child at least.
Bt my fiance does not want dat, He said i could tek kia of d kids without adopting them.
His reason is dat there might arise a problem in future among d chlidren. Asin biological and adopted
Any way i hope to try and get him 2 agree wit me wen we r married. grin
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by MrCrackles(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2008
yes no biggies!
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by uzoo: 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2008
i'm really thinking of adopting sometime in future, i dont think i have

a number yet 3 maybe 4, i'd love to have a big family, its really fun to have

them around , little angels , and some little terrors too lol ha ha

1 Like

Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by syren: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2008
Esss:

I aint adopting another mans headaches. HELLS NO.

well thats your choice but i'd like to , if the child is an orphan it would be amazing to know that i've given someone a new lease of life, to show them love and care and donating money will not buy this. These kids deserve happiness and a family too and if I can give them that why not?

1 Like

Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by damiso(f): 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2008
would really love to.i think its a way to give myself to people that i am not directly or blood realted to and love them as my own.

1 Like

Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2008
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by coolier(f): 8:30pm On Sep 15, 2008
No, I wish I could.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by arramyjay: 9:45am On Sep 16, 2008
I am definitely going to adopt a child.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Cayon(f): 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2008
I have gotten so close to the four kids staying with me that I have adopted them with my heart smiley smiley. I even told my brother that I am going to be responsible for their books and uniforms (as long as I am working).

Peace
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by virgie(f): 10:17pm On Sep 16, 2008
I would love to adopt kids. There are so many in Nigeria, why go all da way to Kenya?

I was born an only child. When I was about 10 years old, my dad suggested to my my to adopt and she refused. Now, almost more than 12yrs later, my mum decided it was worh a trial.

Just about three weeks ago, I got my self a baby brother (a month old now) and he is the cutest baby ever.

Any regrets? we should have done it a lot sooner!

1 Like

Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by tRoOE(f): 2:37am On Sep 17, 2008
[size=13pt]Adopt Kids that is a NO NO
I can't stand those little brat grin
very annoying thing tongue
even this one child am planning to have in the future
is difficult for me not to talk of adopting 1 more
I can donate to the motherless home to help those kids out
[/size]
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2008
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by JustGood(m): 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2008
I wont be adopting kids. I like helping to finance things for other children when I can but I dont think I'd like an official adoption. It will make me feel like a hypocrite pretending to be the father of someone who's not my child.

I wont mind the child being adopted in the sense of living with us and all that but I dont like the idea of the child being legally mine.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by SimiBrasil(f): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2008
Typical answer from someone that is dumb !
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by Cayon(f): 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2008
JustGood:

I wont be adopting kids. I like helping to finance things for other children when I can but I don't think I'D like an official adoption. It will make me feel like a hypocrite pretending to be the father of someone who's not my child.
I wont mind the child being adopted in the sense of living with us and all that but I don't like the idea of the child being legally mine.

[size=28pt]Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do[/size]

1 Like

Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by JustGood(m): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2008
SimiBrasil:

Typical answer from someone that is dumb !

You no dumb? why all brazilians no want you if you no dumb?
you think say I be mumu wey una fit force to do something as dem brainwash you daily? Fool who doesn't even know anything. The whole of your life is dictated to you by what you read in whatever junk newspaper you find on the street.
Re: Will You Love To Adopt Kids? by JustGood(m): 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2008
Cayon:

[size=28pt]Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do[/size]

It would be nice if you can tell what is there to forgive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where To Buy Pure Natural Bee Honey In Lagos:08139458588 / Guys,over To U!!! / The Adventures Of An Innocent Calabar Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.