Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! (16558 Views)

Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) / . / Is Yabatech Now A University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by AmorSincero(m): 11:14am On Sep 19, 2013
Riot broke out at d yaba college of technology last night when a sports member was beaten by some alleged members of "".

The victim, Mr Chinonso, is said to be leader of karate in d college.
This morning, all the sports members mobilized and declared war on d cultists.

They started by closing the two gates and closing all class rooms. These sports members also have the full support of all other students who had been angered by d comments of Dean Students Affairs.

The dean's comments;
....Forgive and forget
....that one person was injured doesn't you all will die for him.
.....we will compasate the students
.....I knw dem, I eat and dine with them.

This Dean of students affairs, Mr Raheem, has always been accused of being the main sponsor of "" in d college.

The picture attached here is a press release from d students union this morning.

Don't ask me for source o. I'm a student in d school. And am staying in d complex hostel. I would av taken pictures of d riot, but some people who tried don't have funny stories to tell.

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by doctokwus: 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
if as a student u are not bold& intelligent enuf to snap pics of an incident that involves ur own institution,den u cannot b in d vanguard of d youths seeking to revolutionise dis country& rescue it frm d vultures dat av taken it by d jugular

7 Likes

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by UyiIredia(m): 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
@ OP: Some pics would have been nice. There are a variety of ways of snapping pics. Starting from hiding your phone in a book with space for the lens to take pictures. Or hiding in a discreet place and zooming to snap one. That said, I hope this issue is resolved. That area is really notorious for cults which even filters to the Technical College there. If the cults vould be chased away from FSTC by their principal with soldiers help. The same could be done by YABAPOLY admin wrt cults. Hust get that DSA out first. Kudos and good luck.
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
when will I b d 1st ? anywaist coming up
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by ItoroHost(m): 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
Cultism still in our schools? well Anything Ronaldo can do..! Magical Messi makes history with his FOURTH Champions League hat-trick

check it http://natekanem..com/2013/09/anything-ronaldo-can-do-magical-messi.html
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by mactoni91(m): 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
doctokwus: if as a student u are not bold& intelligent enuf to snap pics of an incident that involves ur own institution,den u cannot b in d vanguard of d youths seeking to revolutionise dis country& rescue it frm d vultures dat av taken it by d jugular

will shut up your useless mouth. See ur mouth like pinshure.

13 Likes

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by bignene(m): 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
ok. Noted
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
doctokwus: if as a student u are not bold& intelligent enuf to snap pics of an incident that involves ur own institution,den u cannot b in d vanguard of d youths seeking to revolutionise dis country& rescue it frm d vultures dat av taken it by d jugular

You hate the OP, this is a cult fight and not some silly protest.

1 Like

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by Dygeasy(m): 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2013
Are You Really This Dumb Or You're Just Acting It? undecided undecided undecided

10 Likes

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
But wait oo.

Did the dean really said this?:
.....I knw dem, I eat and dine with them
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2013

Oh yay! Cultism! The common denominator of all federal institutions in Nigeria.
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by DonColz1(m): 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Somebody call the soldiers, our police are busy playing sportbet, and they would come when the fight is over to catch the innocent ones, when will this cult fight END because it has reached to a TIME these THINGS have to stop.

5 Likes

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by nerodenero: 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
People like you are only good at spewing trash like the one you wrote above but when it matters most, you will disappear into thin-air like a foul smell.

1 Like

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
if the dean is a member, that means they have a sponsor.
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by AbuMikey(m): 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
Arise O compatriots.

All iz gonna be well!!!
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by AbuMikey(m): 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
You better Behave Yourself angry

1 Like

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by thepo(m): 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
gboss4sure: But wait oo.

Did the dean really said this?:

oh my gawd...did you really type that English. I'm ashamed for you

@OP you have done well jare, let others who are brave snap and post. I have had such experience where I was caught that I was snapping pishurs too and its wasn't funny @all

2 Likes

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by tonididdy(m): 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
...who cares...
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by chycoroxie(f): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
They should remove the school gate

1 Like

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by BabaEleko(m): 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2013
So den still dey do confra for this 2013 All these pple no get sense o
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by Chility(m): 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
DonColz1: Somebody call the soldiers, our police are busy playing sportbet, and they would come when the fight is over to catch the innocent ones, when will this cult fight END because it has reached to a TIME these THINGS have to stop.
Wats d mata wit u,is lyk u and ur family love END TIME THINGS lobotan

1 Like

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by Chility(m): 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
DonColz1: Somebody call the soldiers, our police are busy playing sportbet, and they would come when the fight is over to catch the innocent ones, when will this cult fight END because it has reached to a TIME these THINGS have to stop.
Wats d mata wit u,is lyk u and ur family love END TIME THINGS,lobotan
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by sushieater: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
Lol! All these nairaland cultists go soon come here begin talk plenty.
Anyways, ====> !! grin
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by OmoKhary(f): 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mehn....@op,you have mind o!you took pictures and you weren't "restructured"?anyways,i always thought that Mr Raheem was a good man,he should have been slapped for saying such,heard the boy is in coma,i saw the abulance rushing out of the school.We are all praying for him.
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by Slickest(m): 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
Am not sure u read what d op wrote...all for YOUR selfish veiwing pleasure someone should risk his/her own life?..iz dat revolution?
Must you comment sef?...sha I no blame ppl lyk u wey no suppox dey carry phone,na naija economy cos am....

2 Likes

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by IAMBREEZY: 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by deepwater(f): 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
Nigeria
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by tayork(m): 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
That one of student problem in this country
Re: Mass Riot Going On In Yabatech Now. School Gates Shut! by hardeyincah(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
it all started at a VIEW CENTRE
i was at the scrabble and chess room when the whole imbroglio started ....
i pray the school is not closed down for a long period o o o oo o o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Microsoft Supports Ghana Teacher Seen Teaching Computer On Board / Zambian Man To Sue His Teachers For Subjecting Him To 'Useless' Education. Pics / National Teachers Institute Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.