Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly (17224 Views)

Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / President Buhari Feeling Relaxed At UN General Meeting (photo) / 5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
United Nations - The First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, will participate at the High Level Forum for First Ladies at the 68th session of the UN General Assembly in New York.

Tthe News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the event, with the theme “Building Bridges for Peace on Health Disability: Post 2015 Sustainable Development Agenda Initiative”, is scheduled for Sept. 24.

She is expected to deliver a speech for the opening of the workshop session, while Senior Advisor, RAND Corporation on the African First Ladies Fellowship Programme, Nicole Brzeski, will chair the workshop.

The session will address various creative strategies in addressing and overcoming peace challenges on various forms of women’s health and wellbeing.

Dr Ada Okika, the Secretary-General, U.S. Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centres and Associations New York State Chapter, told NAN that the time had come for realistic understanding of the significance of a transformative agenda to build peace among nations.

“ Peace is directly related to poverty eradication, health care and improvement, good governance, leadership, social and economic emancipation and sustainability.

“Throughout its history, there have been global experiences on a wide range of conflicts, violence and other numerous challenges.

“These challenges must be addressed in order to promote human development, revitalise infrastructure and establish sustainable peace in working towards the future that the world want,’’ Okika said.

She noted that people throughout the world desired peace and good health, adding that women in particular had unique capacities to promote the peace and achieve positive health.

“ For this reason, we propose to convene First Ladies Forum from all UN Member States.

“The forum can serve as active agent for peace, building bridges on women’s health disability and child marriage, and meeting the challenges for sustainable peace and development of nations,’’ Okika added. (NAN)
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/patience-jonathan-to-address-forum-of-first-ladies-at-un-general-assembly/#sthash.dyxcBgj9.dpuf
Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
Yesoo our Mummy is going to address the UN.I cant wait for the haters to descend on this thread.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by fr3do(m): 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
Wahala dey o shocked

27 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
chukwudi44: Yesoo our Mummy is going to address the UN.I cant wait for the haters to descend on this thread.

Not S̶̲̥̅Ơ many of us can address an audience,,S̶̲̥̅Ơ haters take it easy..

Notin do you..Go mama PEJ

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by kolidave: 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
Abeg no allow am go oooooo. Tell them she's sick and send a representative

18 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by slimming: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
wonderful

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by UyiIredia(m): 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
*FACEPALM* Send Obahiagbon's wife instead. Maybe she for tap small current from her husband. I prefer the eccentricities of Igodomigodo to the crass mistakes of our First Lady anytime, anyday.

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by JMOI: 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
hmmm
Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by echibuzor: 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
If she is allowed to speak in pidgin, I dont think we ll have any problem there. But Queen's English? Hmm..... We go watch am for news...

11 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Dygeasy(m): 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
I Hope They've Prepared The Speech For Her... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Vetsurgeon: 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
O dikwa very risky

33 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
GBAGAUN GO BLOODDYYY.... ERR1 PREPARE YOUR DEFENCE.....

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by payan(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
WAHAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DEY OOOOO. ADDRESS WETIN?
Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Chility(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
Uyi Iredia: *FACEPALM* Send Obahiagbon's wife instead. Maybe she for tap small current from her husband. I prefer the eccentricities of Igodomigodo to the crass mistakes of our First Lady anytime, anyday.
mumu send ur wife or gf,hahaha...
Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Stunner1(f): 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
The death of english language cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by BabaEleko(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
"My fellow widows, lets join hands and promote widowism in Aflica"

7 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by cashkid18(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by nerodenero: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
Please kindly read from the script and don't use your own words.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by dBard: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
shocked shocked
CHEI!!
Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Clerverly: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
International disgrace smh!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by homesteady(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
I know some e-diots 'll soon pounce on this thread and start throwing insults!

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
UN could've just said it upfront "Nigerians we want to embarrass you" undecided

59 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Stegomiah: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
wtf! This must be a joke

We are not talking about African summit here, this is UN general assembly, and she will be giving her speech in Newyork, this is so so calamitous and hazardous. wetin she wan talk? Why now, not this one again, of recent we've been making the news headline for the wrong reasons....patience wan go add her own join! Something is definately wrong, haba, this aint right!

#In Aki's voice#, dame no go oo, if you attend the meeting, no talk oo, they just wanna ridicule you
gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by AbuMikey(m): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ewooooo!!!!!!!

Serious Wahala na im be dis oo
Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by negbenebor(f): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
First lady to address UN general Assembly: ladies n gentle wemens, all protocol standing n sleaping in my great country Nigeria, i dey addressing d united nation assembly as the honour every you people has gav my husband GEJ. I am patiencetalised n very optimistic dis greater gathering go bringing lasting peace in the world. Thanks ladies and gentle womenses.... Applause 4 me cos i tried by d grammatical rivers. I yam proud to b a first lady of Nigeria. And i yam proud of Gej my husband, i want to tell d world say even as they here the crises in Nigeria Gej is giad very strong to bringing lasting peace to boko haramic squard. Thank u my fellow womens. I advice d pple der to better wear helmet cos hmmm lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by dotuna3(m): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
I just pray NTA show us dis dat day. Its gonna be fun dat day. Can't wait

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
I get BULLET proof cheesy

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
UN General Assembly? but seriously, does she have to.
I just read the topic out loud to my colleagues at work and they all screamed!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
Make dem deploy enough anti-intercontinental ballistics missile on ground

With lot of paramedics on standby..

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
I hope they get a literate to write her speech for her .

We can only hope she sticks to script. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senate Confirms Stephen Ocheni And Suleiman Hassan As Ministers / Orji Uzor Kalu To Be Turbaned In Daura Tomorrow / 'Buhari Has Been Very Tolerant Of Saraki’ - Ita-Giwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.