Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? (17497 Views)

These Habits Will Kill Your Auto Transmission Fast Please Avoid Them. / Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D / Help , Accura Mdx 2008 Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D (shift) Lever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by plainmirror(m): 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
I drive wif both foot.

Dat kind C. Ronaldo style grin
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by opestein: 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
both foot
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
Manual gear bored my life.... Automatic transmission salvage it
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by timpaker(m): 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2013

I tried using both foot but got rammed at the back cuz I over-pressed the brake with my left foot. Since then I just dey behave myself with my one leg driving. Its confusing using both legs. I give kudos to those ambidextrous peeps.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Moneylender: 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
One foot .
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Tats(m): 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
Siena: The very notion of using both feet when driving an automatic is plain absurd. Those who drive automatics (as a preference over manuals) do so because of the freedom it offers. Automatics are nowhere near as reliable as manuals. So why pay the extra, buy an automatic, if you're not going to drive it as one?

If you use both feet to drive an automatic during your driving test, you'll fail, plain and simple. In an emergency, as in panic situations, it's very possible to stamp on both the brake and gas pedals at the same time. Left-foot braking is beneficial if you're driving on a circuit or track, when using your left foot on the brake pedal (of a manual car) can pull the car round a tight curve, yet still keep the power on (gas pedal).

There is NO instance whereby you'll need to press both brake and gas pedals of an automatic simultaneously. All you're doing is wearing the internal clutch acks out, and boiling the fluid.

Those who drive with both feet, ask yourself if your automatic issues are related to your driving style.

This sums it up!
Really absurd to drive an automatic with both feet.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by whytnblack: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
PLEEEEEAAAASE OOOOOH.
DON'T TRY IT OOOOOOO.

THE FASTEST WAY TO YOUR GRAVE
E JORR OOOOOO
NO TRY AM OOOOOOO
Especially if you have driven a manual transmission car before. Somethings easily become instinctive, and if your body is already used to a manual car don't go and look for trouble with auto. It's better you just keep that Left leg Off. Pretend it doesn't exist. I don't want to weep over any Nigerian again. No go try stunt ooooooo. "He who has an ear let him hear"

Abeg that topic shouldn't have been on the frontpage.

1 Like

Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Freiburger(m): 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
I'm a left-footed person, but the left foot does not play any role while driving a car while with an automatic transmission.
Besides, i dont think that is possible since I do not have any reason to apply the break and the gas pedal at the same time.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by sutsirave(m): 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hw possible iz it 2,drive an auto. Gear wif both leg?
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by 3ace(m): 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
Even the only reason why you would need a second foot for a manual drive is the clutch. It is only your right foot that operates the accelerator and the brake. Now since the clutch pedal is gone in an automatic drive, why would you need the left foot again? I can't just understand; It can't be comfortable at all.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
For me two joor....feels more comfortable don't have to be raising n moving my right from acc to brake and back to acc...hv tried driving with one buh wasn't just comfortable for me...
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by jude33084(m): 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:
I think I alternate without thinking so. Let's say I drive with two feet.. Basically, I operate both pedals with my right foot, but my left foot hovers around the brake pedal..just in case

I wonder who gave you a ''like''

Please stopdoing that before it is too late sad

Nigeria is a country that operate left hand drive system, so if you have an automatic gear system, it is your right leg you are suppose to use while you rest the left wink

[size=20pt]USING BOTH LEGS IS DANGEROUS[/size]
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
But I drive with no Head sha..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by jude33084(m): 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
BADNEAT: For me two joor....feels more comfortable don't have to be raising n moving my right from acc to brake and back to acc...hv tried driving with one buh wasn't just comfortable for me...

STOP IT BRO BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE angry
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by PassingShot(m): 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
Pure idiocy to drive an automatic with both feet.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by omonla555: 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
REALITY101: I've been thinking, how many people out there who drive their automatic cars like go carts; one foot on each pedal, and how many that drive with just one foot. I drive with one, the "right" while the left foot chills out.

I noticed my mom, my sister and my girlfriend they all uses both feet. I think that's a lot of hustle for an automatic vehicle.

What about you? Do you drive with both or one?

WHAT A STUPID QUESTION?

1 Like

Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
na one leg sure pass o.even manual na only one leg except using the clutch in changing the gear
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by 25Calibre(m): 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
One leg but initially when I started driving automatic, I always tried to use 2 legs, probably because I was so used to manual.

As soon as I got used to automatic, I found using one leg far more comfortable, so I switched.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by merrybet: 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
Both foot jooor.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by ceejayluv(m): 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Don't mean to be rude but using both feet on auto is plain re-tarded.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Immune1(m): 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Siena: The very notion of using both feet when driving an automatic is plain absurd. Those who drive automatics (as a preference over manuals) do so because of the freedom it offers. Automatics are nowhere near as reliable as manuals. So why pay the extra, buy an automatic, if you're not going to drive it as one?

If you use both feet to drive an automatic during your driving test, you'll fail, plain and simple. In an emergency, as in panic situations, it's very possible to stamp on both the brake and gas pedals at the same time. Left-foot braking is beneficial if you're driving on a circuit or track, when using your left foot on the brake pedal (of a manual car) can pull the car round a tight curve, yet still keep the power on (gas pedal).

There is NO instance whereby you'll need to press both brake and gas pedals of an automatic simultaneously. All you're doing is wearing the internal clutch acks out, and boiling the fluid.

Those who drive with both feet, ask yourself if your automatic issues are related to your driving style.

What you just described now happened to me the 2nd time i drove an automatic car after switching from manual drives. Its very risky to use both feet;i almost rammed into a vehicle that day!
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by bizfirst: 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
Since I seriously believe that the automatic was meant for persons with one leg, I don't bother using the left! But seriously, if you catch me in an auto, it's sure borrowed. For me, it's a manual or nothing!
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by otunbashonny(m): 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
I drive with right foot with my shoe/slippers that's why the back of my right foot is always aching me.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by choppu: 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
Professionally, it is advised to use One foot(right). This will help u control d vehicle in crisis situation and still maintain balance. If u use d left foot in crisis situation, u'll end up either smashing ur head on d steering or end up sulmasulting d car. Those who use both legs are LEARNERS
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by blazerMaks: 5:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
I'm a lady and I unconsciously drive with one foot. Imma try using both tomorrow though. That's if i remember. grin
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by kingk(m): 5:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
kennygee: I don't drive, i use no feet or foot, wotever.
Feet ko foot ni, me I use one LEG grin
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
omonla555:

WHAT A STUPID QUESTION?

Sorry man I didn't mean to make you mad... I respect you and your bicycle. [size=4pt]Dumbass[/size]

1 Like

Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by ichidodo: 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
I learnt how to drive with a Peugeot 504 station wagon (tough manual transmission) so when i switched over to Honda Pilot 2004 i used both legs but then it became counter productive and my driving became 'shifty and rough' but with constant time on the wheel i kicked the habit and i am as smooth as a baby's buttoocks.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by choppu: 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
blazerMaks: I'm a lady and I unconsciously drive with one foot. Imma try using both tomorrow though. That's if i remember. grin
don't even try it cos u might not live to tell d story.......its not a threat, its only an Advice
cry
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Homguy(m): 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
Siena: Automatics are nowhere near as reliable as manuals.
please,whats the fact bhind this assertion?
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Kelklein(m): 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
ET topic.....I wonder what it's doing on fp....

infant the very thought of driving an auto transmission with both legs is absurd..... when both pads (brake and throttle ) are position to the right...

it's like putting a left slippers on a right foot when u try to apply the brake with ur left..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

love-vendor-My-Ride In Nigeria / Chinese Volvo Owner, Geely, Becomes Largest Shareholder In Mercedes-benz / A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.