Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? (17479 Views)

These Habits Will Kill Your Auto Transmission Fast Please Avoid Them. / Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D / Help , Accura Mdx 2008 Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D (shift) Lever (2) (3) (4)

Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by dejijohns(m): 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
REALITY101: I've been thinking, how many people out there who drive their automatic cars like go carts; one foot on each pedal, and how many that drive with just one foot. I drive with one, the "right" while the left foot chills out.

I noticed my mom, my sister and my girlfriend they all uses both feet. I think that's a lot of hustle for an automatic vehicle.

What about you? Do you drive with both or one?
Automatic?? 1 foot don do na, wen e no b sewing machine...
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by tunjiafolayanka(m): 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
one
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Nicepoker(m): 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
micklplus: Just one and that's my right one. The left is always in chill mode! Driving an automatic with both feet at the same time is not even advisable professionally.

......But manual drive, I use the two infact, I need a third foot mehn. Lol
3rd foot 4 wat. Talking as if u shift gears wit ur legs. People lyk u dont even know where the driver's seat is located. Let alone driving
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by dejijohns(m): 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
Okija_juju: I dont drive...

I have drivers.. Lemme ask them.

Baba Ayo!! How many leg you dey use drive my Jeeps!?
Na 3 oo, I dey use ma 3rd leg join. Sheybe na madam nd dse ur fyn 'dautas' U dey infer to as d 'jeeps'??
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
I sometimes sit on my left leg and drive auto transmission..... Its always confusing using both.....
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by dejijohns(m): 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
REALITY101:

Sorry man I didn't mean to make you mad... I respect you and your bicycle. [size=4pt]Dumbass[/size]
Lolz... Na Legs Transmission d bros stil dey use.

Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by IYANGBALI: 9:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
i only use my right leg to drive,while i use the left leg to buy gala,suya,bread and pure water,at times i dey even use my left leg to greet or do waka shege to drivers that drive carelessly around me
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by shootsight(m): 10:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
dejijohns:
Automatic?? 1 foot don do na, wen e no b sewing machine...
[color=#000099][/color] Loooooooool!
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by ayodot(m): 10:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
For auto transmission i use only the right foot. i learnt driving using the manual trans.; I use my left leg for the clutch alone. The day i tried pressing the brake using my left leg almost result in an accident because i over pressed it, I couldn't guage the pressure accurately unlike with my right legs

Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Mimicole(f): 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
Am I the only one noticing the way simple English like 'foot' n 'feet' is exposing the gbagun'rity' of our educated poeps. One feet ko, 3 foots ni lwkmdfh oooo!! @post me I'm still guilty of driving with both feet, I know it's not the best but I'm working on it.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by whytnblack: 11:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
See. You people should stop delibrating over this matter. IT IS SUICIDAL TO PRESS THE BRAKE PEDAL WITH YOUR LEFT FOOT !!!!!!

I would not even do that on a manual car.
If you're on top speed and u mistakenly try dat (God forbid), it might result in multiple ACCIDENT

'Eni a wi fun, Oba je ko gbo. I DON TALK MY OWN OO

No kill yourself o!
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by shootsight(m): 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
Mimicole: Am I the only one noticing the way simple English like 'foot' n 'feet' is exposing the gbagun'rity' of our educated poeps. One feet ko, 3 foots ni lwkmdfh oooo!! @post me I'm still guilty of driving with both feet, I know it's not the best but I'm working on it.
ℓ☺ℓ ... I wonder how people drive automatics with both feet .. Beats mε.. Considering Τђε fact that most individuals αяє right handed or biased in using Τђε right part of their body mostly n using both feet is A recipe for disaster
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by sparkleboy(m): 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
Except right foot has been amputated in zamfara, driving an auto transmission vehicle should be done with the right foot.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Bizibi(m): 12:40am On Sep 21, 2013
I drive with both feet bcuz one have to be care on the road with reckless drivers
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Motolank: 1:58am On Sep 21, 2013
lomomike: Before I started using Automatic transmission, I used a manual transmission which entail operation with both feet, when I switched to Auto transmission, I used both feet. Over time, I ressigned using my left foot meaning only my right foot did all the job. Nowadays any time I try taking my left foot any where the brake pedal to give even the slightest pressure, it results to an error. I over depress the damn brake pedalangry Gosh I missed those sweet good ol' days when I do the two feet driving technique cry But... I shall bounce back someday wink
Pls dont... I might be sucidal or only try it in a farm road,so too many stuff ll not happen,you know?
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by areee(m): 4:02am On Sep 21, 2013
My brain has been programmed already, left leg for brake and the right leg for accelerator. I'm just too comfortable with it. No dent on my car, cos b4 u say Jack, I have maneuvered. ;DMy brain has been programmed already, left leg for brake and the right leg for accelerator. I'm just too comfortable with it. No dent on my car, cos b4 u say Jack, I have maneuvered.

Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Originalsly: 5:52am On Sep 21, 2013
I use one...right foot. I'm not going to be a passenger in any automatic car with the driver using both feet. The brake and gas pedals in any car...manual or auto are placed to be used with one foot. In manual cars the brake pedal is always far removed from the other two to avoid mix ups. In most auto cars there is even a pedal on the left just for the driver to rest his left foot. Guess only heaven knows how many accidents are caused by two footed drivers slamming the gas instead of the brake.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Mamacita007(f): 5:56am On Sep 21, 2013
one foot. the right leg is idle
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by whytnblack: 6:12am On Sep 21, 2013
Mamacita007: one foot. the right leg is idle

Are you a lefty?
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Mamacita007(f): 6:18am On Sep 21, 2013
whytnblack:

Are you a lefty?

lloooooooll nooooo. i meant to say right leg. im not a lefty hahaha
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Godson201333(m): 8:22am On Sep 21, 2013
driving an automatic with 2 legs is not a good thing,It can bring confusion and leads to accident grin grin
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Vires: 8:40am On Sep 21, 2013
How can you drive automatic with both feet shocked
Ends shall not wonder!!!!

Even in manual transmission, the left leg IS MEANT FOR THE CLUTCH ONLY
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2013
Driving with both feet means the fellow is just getting used to automatic transmission (maybe after transitioning from manual), or that the fellow is still a learner.
Driving with both feet on automatic transmission can be dangerous.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by joe4christ(m): 9:33am On Sep 21, 2013
I'm a one leg footer. Lol!
I use my right leg on both auto and manual, i hate stress, so i dont incovinient myself while driving.
Shikena!
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by chacha3(f): 10:48am On Sep 21, 2013
Just can't imagine using my two feet while driving,I use just my right foot and again I can't drive with my shoes on..hmmm don't know if its just me o cos even with flats am nt at ease let alone heels.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by PassingShot(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2013
naija_swag: Now I know why all these people hit other cars at random. How can you be driving automatic transmission with two foots.

Not "foots" but feet. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by kobenol(m): 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
The default design of the automatic transmission infact presumes using right leg ALONE for throttling and braking. It is basically unorthodox doing acceleration and deceleration at the same time.
In manual transmission the left foot is usually only applied on the clutch.
Any such other moves is extra-ordinary diabolical.
Try using both foot on each pedals, your brain activity escalates and more than necessary concentration and coordination will be required. With that, pick up your phone and dial "honey" while negotiating a roundabout...Chaos..
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by imperiouxx(m): 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
Those driving with both feet need to be arrested for causing most road accidents in Nigeria. It seems they learned driving in late age, so programming themselves for sharp maneuvering and emergency is hard.

I can't still imagine someone having two feet on two counteracting pedals and how do you know which to press or release, at what degree and smoothness angry Overworking of the brain.
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by blazerMaks: 1:59am On Sep 22, 2013
Scun: It is wrong, illegal and dangerous. Don't do it, stick to one foot!
Sorry buddy, tried it already but guess what? It felt awkward. Ain't gonna try it again. One foot all the way! Whoop whoop!

Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by blazerMaks: 2:03am On Sep 22, 2013
joe4christ: I'm a one leg footer. Lol!
I use my right leg on both auto and manual, i hate stress, so i dont incovinient myself while driving.
Shikena!
One foot on manual? Haa! That's strange. shocked
Re: Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? by patrondem: 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2021
It's 2021am still riding with both feet the way you describe driving with both feets, that's how i feel when driving with one shey you get i tried switching to one foot,but i rammed the one in front of me i was slow changing the foots. To me it's Very much Comfortable Driving with Both Kudos if you still use Left and Right

love-vendor-My-Ride In Nigeria / Free VIN Check / How To Know When Car Tyres Need Replacing