Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? (28750 Views)

Why Are Ladies Of Dis Generation Crazy About Big Dicks? / Why Guys Should Stop Complaining About Ladies Going After Readymade Men / Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by frainc(m): 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
For sometimes now
i have been trying to know the reason why ladies
i mean 80% of them (due to my research)always insiste on COURT MARRIAGE

infact it just happened to me

my fiance insisted we must go through
1) court wedding
2) church wedding
3)traditional wedding

but when i made her understand that i can only afford two

i got the shock of my life when she deleted the traditional wedding
leaving COURT and church wedding

that is why i really want to know why ladies always insist on court wedding
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
She's saving you money and you're not happy? grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by frainc(m): 8:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
sexkillz: She's saving you money and you're not happy? grin
is that just the reason?
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
f rain c: is that just the reason?
It's easier too. Saves time. Left with me, I'll choose court + any one of traditional or White. Will never do the 3.
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by frainc(m): 8:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
sexkillz: It's easier too. Saves time. Left with me, I'll choose court + any one of traditional or White. Will never do the 3.
left for me alon
i will choose traditional wedding
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by frainc(m): 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
i wish ladies could contribute to this
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
because its an advantage 4 d ladies dem.Any lady coming 2 u for court marriage,suspect her,she is not really into the marriage,and u may regret it in future.If u go into court marriage and mayb u divorce in future,ur wife by law may take hold of all ur properties or she may ask 4 any amount of money she wants wether its $100m or $1tr,u must settle her.I would advice my fellow guyz,pls and pls if u dnt av atleast 5 mansions in banana island or 10 bank accounts wit fat cash,pls stay away 4rm court marriage,its only 4 d gud of d ladies,its for their advantage only.And if a lady comes to u 4 court marriage,suspect her,she MAY not really like you,mayb she married you 4 ur money or wealth,WHEN I SAID ON ONE PARTICULAR TRIED LIKE THAT,THAT I WOULD NEVA MARRY A NAIJA LADY,MANY THINGS LED TO IT,AND THIS IS ONE OF IT.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
because its an advantage 4 d ladies dem.Any lady coming 2 u for court marriage,suspect her,she is not really into the marriage,and u may regret it in future.If u go into court marriage and mayb u divorce in future,ur wife by law may take hold of all ur properties or she may ask 4 any amount of money she wants wether its $100m or $1tr,u must settle her.I would advice my fellow guyz,pls and pls if u dnt av atleast 5 mansions in banana island or 10 bank accounts wit fat cash,pls stay away 4rm court marriage,its only 4 d gud of d ladies,its for their advantage only.And if a lady comes to u 4 court marriage,suspect her,she MAY not really like you,mayb she married you 4 ur money or wealth,WHEN I SAID ON ONE PARTICULAR TRIED LIKE THAT,THAT I WOULD NEVA MARRY A NAIJA LADY,MANY THINGS LED TO IT,AND THIS IS ONE OF IT...!
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
f rain c: @MOD
this thread go make sense for front page o

or what do you think?
lol...I knew it...u have dissociative personality disorder....u only created dis fictitious story just to get to frontpage...hehehehhehhehe
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by Exponental(m): 5:38am On Sep 21, 2013
There is nothing like church wedding n court wedding. It's either court wedding and church blessing (may also be ceremonous like church wedding if u like) or church wedding and oath swearing @ registry (involves only d 2).
It should be traditional n any of d two. Also, court is inevitable. That's d only legal marriage, else, change of name wont be valid if u dont do affidavit's n newspaper publication.
I think d major reason a lady will prefer a court marriage is in d case of divorce, but dat is a very bad way to start a marriage.
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by frainc(m): 9:26am On Sep 21, 2013
@EMMADANI

Do you mean most of them go for court marriage because of they selfish interest?
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 21, 2013
f rain c: @EMMADANI

Do you mean most of them go for court marriage because of they selfish interest?
i cant conclude on that.But most ladies go for court marriage 4 security reasons,so dat they wil neva be dumped by d male.If the husband dies,she will av control over his property,or if thr is a divorce she will av her own share of wealth,which can actually result to the husband being totally broke.Let me just say court marriage is like an INSURANCE 4 the lady.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 21, 2013
f rain c: @EMMADANI

Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by SterlingTowers(m): 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
Women prefer court marriage because a lot of them know that it is usually difficult to annul, plus it scares men off from having extra marital affairs even if they do, it makes it impossible to conduct another marriage without the dissolving the first one. it is actually bigamy to marry without dissolving the first one, a crime punishable with atleast two years imprisonment upon conviction. What women fail to realize is that sauce for goose, sauce for the gander, if the men can't do it, the women also cannot do it, plus it takes only the court of law to annul marriage under the act I.e. Marriage Act. I think most women feel that court marriage protects them from their hubby cheating on them. But what of when the man becomes unbearably and deadly violent then it is the woman that will want divorce and suffer, a procedure that is slow, tedious and expensive. I think women most of the time do it out of fear and insecurity. As I see nothing smart in court marriage, marriage is marriage what matters is sinceritym

As for money, nigerians court are generally not keen on allowing gold digging like it is obtainable else where, off course only when issues are involved that maintenance becomes issue. That is even subject to the condition that the man is liquid enough, from experience and as a professional, women rarely do it for money as alimony is seriously downplayed under the extant law.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by frainc(m): 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
Wow, @sterling towers
you really show your professionalism with the way you analyse this

@topic
can't ladies defend theyselfs on this?
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by frainc(m): 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
your view on this
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by T2best: 11:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
SterlingTowers:
Women prefer court marriage because a lot of them know that it is usually difficult to annul, plus it scares men off from having extra marital affairs even if they do, it makes it impossible to conduct another marriage without the dissolving the first one. it is actually bigamy to marry without dissolving the first one, a crime punishable with atleast two years imprisonment upon conviction. What women fail to realize is that sauce for goose, sauce for the gander, if the men can't do it, the women also cannot do it, plus it takes only the court of law to annul marriage under the act I.e. Marriage Act. I think most women feel that court marriage protects them from their hubby cheating on them. But what of when the man becomes unbearably and deadly violent then it is the woman that will want divorce and suffer, a procedure that is slow, tedious and expensive. I think women most of the time do it out of fear and insecurity. As I see nothing smart in court marriage, marriage is marriage what matters is sinceritym

As for money, nigerians court are generally not keen on allowing gold digging like it is obtainable else where, off course only when issues are involved that maintenance becomes issue. That is even subject to the condition that the man is liquid enough, from experience and as a professional, women rarely do it for money as alimony is seriously downplayed under the extant law.
I really like and appreciate ur breakdown bt I still need u to intimate me d more on d following
in case of divorce what happens to the kid
the properties both those acquired by d man before they marry
if d woman is a troublesome type
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by fexyrich(m): 11:35pm On Apr 14, 2017
frainc:
For sometimes now
i have been trying to know the reason why ladies
i mean 80% of them (due to my research)always insiste on COURT MARRIAGE

infact it just happened to me

my fiance insisted we must go through
1) court wedding
2) church wedding
3)traditional wedding

but when i made her understand that i can only afford two

i got the shock of my life when she deleted the traditional wedding
leaving COURT and church wedding

that is why i really want to know why ladies always insist on court wedding
if u are rich then just know that your fiancee is a gold digger ..court marriage mandates you to split your wealth into two in case of any divorce..the woman goes with half of all you have toiled for..if u dont want it then just tell her u cant
Re: Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? by frainc(m): 1:10am On Jun 17, 2018
T2best:

I really like and appreciate ur breakdown bt I still need u to intimate me d more on d following
in case of divorce what happens to the kid
the properties both those acquired by d man before they marry
if d woman is a troublesome type
nice question

(1) (Reply)

Woman Dumps Cheating Boyfriend With A 'Romantic' Note (READ) / Meeting His Parents For The First Time: How To Win Their Heart Easily / Once Is A Mistake,Twice Is A Habbit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.