Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,252 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? (36842 Views)

List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria / What Will Happen To The Odometer Of A Vehicle If The Engine Is Replaced??? / The Implications Of Buying A Vehicle With High Odometer Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by ziccoit: 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
papi365: HAA UNEMPLOYMENT E NO GO BETA 4 U COS NA UNEMPLOYMENT DEY MAKE PPLE LIKE DEY SAY SOMTIN ON DIS KIND YEYE QUESTION. LET ME ASK U, D GUY WEY BROUGHT DIS STUPID QUESTION DOES HE NT KNW D PRICE OF DIESEL AND D POOR ECONOMIC CONDITION OF NAIJA? MTCHEEW,HE BROUGHT IT 4 PPLE LIKE U WEY NO GET WORK. DNT WORI BY DECEMBER WE GO GIVE U AWARD AS D BEST NAIRALAND COMMENTATOR.

Dude, go and revise your primary school arithmetic notebooks.
If 1L of diesel will cover the same distant under the same condition as 3L of Petrol; and your 1L of diesel costs 170/L while Petrol costs 92/L . Which is more economical at the end?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by jude33084(m): 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
Its 150 per litre
Osama10: Also with diesel pump price at 170 per litre people are scared.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
papi365: GUY MAKE I ASK U,PAMPERS DEY 4 UR BOMBOM? IF E NO DEY,I ADVICE U TO BEGIN 2 USE PAMPERS. MUMU

U should be ashamed of ur misinformed ignorant, yet insultive mindset if you don't know why not stay put quietly and learn from people who know? All you do in your shallow r.etarded mindset is to insult them. The last time I checked, a kintergarden was established in my neighbourhood and I think it will do u a whole lot good to enroll in the kintergarden to play with your agemates. Ignorant Fool Slow.poke
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by Exponental(m): 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
Many mechanics are not good with diesel engines. The diesel mechanics are mostly good with trucks, thereby doing guess work with d cars. Not until an automobile coy brings a brand, market n train people before we have many technicians who can manage it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2013
papi365: GUY MAKE I ASK U,PAMPERS DEY 4 UR BOMBOM? IF E NO DEY,I ADVICE U TO BEGIN 2 USE PAMPERS. MUMU

When you learn how to write properly, and can string 2 sentences together without breaking out into a sweat, then come back, and try engaging me in a battle of wits. An inbred Silverback Gorilla wouldn't envy you that mess you call a brain.

Until then, I'll continue to wipe the oily floor in your mud hut with your equally greasy face.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by nnemmpi(m): 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
i did have 1990 fordtransit diseal for business,but my driver always complain of hard start in d morning especially in cold weder,oga siena any profesional input.is it battery(70arms)
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by papi365: 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
Find Out!:

So you had to come back here to punish us with more terrible English language. Anyway truth is even if I were indeed jobless, chances that i would get a job before you are pretty high going by the fact that I can at least read, comprehend and learn....unlike you who appears to reason and write like a kid in nursery school and have just about the learning capacity of a medically certified blockhead.. Heck, Primary 1 kids communicate better in English than you do! Did you skip primary school??

For the record, I'm not jobless, and at a station in life (not in material terms though) you probably will struggle very hard to attain...if ever possible.

Now Buzz off.
ACHSO! U RE NOT DIFF 4RM UR MSG. TIME WIL MAKE U GROW AND THINK LIKE A MAN AND NOT AS A BOI. SINCE U HAV BN MAKING STATEMENTS,HOW AS DAT IMPROVE UR LIFE? TINK B4 U OPEN UR MOUTH COS U MIGHT NOT CLOSE IT BACK.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by Osama10(m): 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
jude33084: Its 150 per litre

I buy 170 for my diesel generator in Port harcourt. cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2013
nnemmpi: i did have 1990 fordtransit for business,but my driver always complain of hard start in d morning especially in cold weder

Your 1990 Ford Transit has the 2.5 DI engine. Very simple, hard cold starts are often due to bad glow plugs. Even just one out of 4 faulty can make cold starting difficult.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by obailala(m): 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
50calibre: Because I think in Nigeria, diesel is much more expensive than petrol

Petrol cars are on average faster than diesel cars

Once Diesel engines begin to give problems, they are really hard to fix

Once diesel finishes in a diesel car, you have to flush the whole system before it functions properly again

Diesel can be hard to find at times, unlike petrol that's ubiquitous.

uboma:
How did you arrive at the above deductions? You are wrong mate. The reverse is the case
@uboma

I agree with @50calibre

No1. Diesel is much more expensive than petrol... Infact the price seems to be unregulated in Nigeria

No2. Diesel could really be a scarce commodity sometimes (infact all the time).. Most times it's available only in the black market. Imagine traveling and u run out of gas, u could actually drive through 2 states and pass 10 filling stations which all have petrol but none with diesel.

No3. U dare not run a diesel engine until it runs dry... if u do, u will have to bleed d engine

No4. and yes, petrol engines have better acceleration and run generally faster than diesel engines

I don't really know about diesel engines being problematic but if it is, then maybe its just due to the lack of diesel engine automechanics.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by FindOut(m): 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2013
papi365: ACHSO! U RE NOT DIFF 4RM UR MSG. TIME WILL MAKE U GROW AND THINK LIKE A MAN AND NOT AS A BOI. SINCE U HAV BN MAKING STATEMENTS,HOW AS DAT IMPROVE UR LIFE? TINK B4 U OPEN UR MOUTH COS U MIGHT NOT CLOSE IT BACK.

Go and reflect on the comments directed at you on this thread...& on the many threads here on nairaland where you have in your usual manner stu.p.id.ly typed without thinking. Then read your own comments here in bold. If you reply this comment with an insult again, i will seriously consider keeping on putting you in your place till you unfollow this thread in pain and sorrow.

Run along now.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by jude33084(m): 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2013
Lagos is 150 cool
Osama10:

I buy 170 for my diesel generator in Port harcourt. cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by papi365: 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2013
Find Out!:

Go and reflect on the comments directed at you on this thread...& on the many threads here on nairaland where you have in your usual manner stu.p.id.ly typed without thinking. Then read your own comments here in bold. If you reply this comment with an insult again, i will seriously consider keeping on putting you in your place till you unfollow this thread in pain and sorrow.

Run along now.

IS DAT A THREAT? LOL. UR MATES ARE OUT THERE THINKING OF POSSIBLE WAYS ON OW TO IMPROVE THEIR LIVES BUT U RE HIER MAKING NASTY THREAT TO ME,U MUST BE A FOOL 4 REAL

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by obinna222: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
nnemmpi: i did have 1990 fordtransit diseal for business,but my driver always complain of hard start in d morning especially in cold weder,oga siena any profesional input.is it battery(70arms)

Your glow plug needs replacement. That's one of main causes of hard cold start.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by obinna222: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
Find Out!:
Ikenna said something earlier which may be quite funny to many people but is actually true. If Americans had been using lots of diesel engined vehicles in the past 10 years, there's no doubt that that Nigerian roads would have been full of them now. Now though, as more americans are becoming a lot more conscious about MPG numbers, the diesel engine fan base is increasing...especially with Volkswagen, who appears to be the automaker that has the highest number of diesel engined cars on the market.

Diesel engines USED TO BE relatively slow compared but to their petrol counterparts but modern day diesel engines are not slow, especially the recent CDis (?) & TDIs found in MB & VW respectively. Plus they are very fuel efficient too such that despite the increased pump price of diesel, it MIGHT still be cheaper to run a diesel powered car in Nigeria.

FACT: Some diesel engined cars (notably the 2.0 TDI found in the latest model Golf, Jetta & that beautiful Passat) have similiar or even better MPG figures than HYBRID CARS....& of course they are pretty quick too.

I agree with you. My Golf 6 Tdi uses 30 litres of diesel from Lagos to PHC (420 miles)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by Cmeo(m): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
okpaniokpani: Reasons Nigerians don't buy diesel cars-
(1) Stereotype- they just believe cars using petrol are better
(2) Price of diesel- rather than considering mileage,most Nigerians look at the price per liter. Diesel burns slower so in effect gives better mileage.
(3) Quality of diesel - to the well informed, they desist from diesel because of the poor quality of diesel on sale in most filling stations. Most filling stations mix DPK (kerosene) with AGO(diesel) to sell to end users. Kerosene is cheaper, the profit from mixing the two to be sold at the price of the later encourages this nefarious activitiees by the stations.

GBAM!
Mechanics too won't help. Most disel use rotor injector and adulterated diesel fuel quickly damage this rotor injector and very few mechanic knows how to repair or work on rotor injector and most (if not all) of this mechanics tell lies so as to cheat/chop you to ur bone becos of this people run from diesel engine.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by COOLDUN: 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2013
Ikenna351: Ask an average Nigerian what car he would like to buy, he would tell you "American spec Toyota Bleep or American spec Honda Bleep. Ask an average Nigerian what car he has. Whether the car was shipped from Germany or Canada, it's still an American spec. A typical average Nigerian!

The other day, I drove into a Plaza. Someone walked up to me and asked, "Where and how did you get a Peugeot 406 American spec? Please, am interested to get one like yours too." I asked him why he believed it was an American spec. He said because the car has Daytime Running Lights. Of course, only in America that cars with DTRL exist. What more could i say to him. I was not surprised anyway. After all, someone once argued with me sometime in the past the he saw a Peugeot 406 American spec which he was interested to buy. I asked him, he said the dealer told him it was an American spec. While examining the car, it was a RHD converted one. Probably, Americans now drive RHD! Even though Canada and USA didn't smell Peugeot 406 in their countries, Nigerians still branded them American specifications. After all, who wouldn't want to drive American spec car?

We can argue all we want. But I will say it again, if Americans start driving Japs diesels and ditch the petrol counterparts, Nigerians will change their songs, "Diesel Toyota and Honda is more reliable, while petrol versions are more problematic". Whatever Americans accept, is accepted in Nigeria too. After all, American cars have better features than other continent specs. Smh!

As for those shouting that Nigerian mechanics can't fix diesel cars. If I may ask, is it the petrol cars that they know how to fix? Step out of this thread, view the first few pages of this section and come back and prove me wrong. All you will see is how Nigerian mechanics have grounded some vehicles that had only minor issues. One may have a blown fuse, take his car to a mechanic or auto electrician to troubleshoot and fix. The car will end up having a fried ECU before its towed out of the workshop or sold as scrap. I can go on and on. If trial and error is what they have been doing in fixing your petrol cars (for the ones that are lucky to drive their cars out with added complex problems), then it shouldn't be an issue for them to continue with the trial and error method on the diesel cars as well. After all, Diesel cars engine system has less electrical components: less sensors than the petrol counterparts. So less nightmares for you to undergo each time you open your bonnet for them.

Ikenna.

You are very right my dear, that is how Nigerians are today going crazy for Automatic cars instead of Manual, juts because Americans are driving Automatic. The cars that were made for the disabled is the best options for the Nigerians today.

Many accidents in Nigeria roads nowadays is as a result of the driving made easy Automatic cars, when someone moves an Automatic car today, tomorrow he/she will enter road without knowing the road signs, before you know it he/she begins to apply long distance routes. When there a little problem on the road you would see them shaking like moi moi. Automatic cars are very easy to drive, and that is why people jump into them as if they are the best. But manual cars make one a good and real driver.

I am not saying that manual drivers do not get accident, but there many Automatic cars easily made drivers on our roads today.

I don't know much about diesel cars but all i know is that, there must be an advantage in every invention. We Nigerians too copy from America, mostly on the bad things. Tell me more of Diesel cars plsease.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by Wsdm: 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2013
redcliff: Once Nigerians sterotype an item, its only a mircale that can make it step out of that circle..
... Just the way the two camps have done to BUHARI AND GEJ.
Back to the topic. Hardly will you get unadulterated diesel at 3 times you fill you tank in a sequence in Nigeria. So you are in a serious trouble.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by FindOut(m): 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2013
papi365: IS DAT A THREAT? LOL. UR MATES ARE OUT THERE THINKING OF POSSIBLE WAYS ON OW TO IMPROVE THEIR LIVES BUT U RE HIER MAKING NASTY THREAT TO ME,U MUST BE A FOOL 4 REAL

On this thread alone, people are learning how to improve their lives via questions and reading other people's views. But the first thing you did here was to criticize the educative topic which brings me to wonder what exactly you are doing to improve your life!

He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him.

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/he_who_knows_not_and_knows_not_he_knows_not-he_is/149147.html

Going by the bolded, you sir, need not look further than the reflection you see in your mirror if you are looking for a fool. And for that reason, including the fact that this exchange is coming in the way of this thread's intent, i will now shun you and hope that you seek an appointment with a brain surgeon soonest, before your situation becomes irredeemable. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by emedy(m): 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
imsparkling: They r so used 2 fuel cars
. No do me laugh! Diesel no stil b fuel? Abi na Water?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by sylve11: 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2013
Find Out!:

Now Buzz off.

Now i like this. cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by FindOut(m): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2013
obinna 222:

I agree with you. My Golf 6 Tdi uses 30 litres of diesel from Lagos to PHC (420 miles)

Imagine! That's about 54 MPG! A 2013 TOYOTA Prius HYBRID will at best, match that figure...in CITY driving, not likely highway. And of course, the driving pleasure is incomparable.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by spikesC(m): 8:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
COOLDUN:

You are very right my dear, that is how Nigerians are today going crazy for Automatic cars instead of Manual, juts because Americans are driving Automatic. The cars that were made for the disabled is the best options for the Nigerians today.

Many accidents in Nigeria roads nowadays is as a result of the driving made easy Automatic cars, when someone moves an Automatic car today, tomorrow he/she will enter road without knowing the road signs, before you know it he/she begins to apply long distance routes. When there a little problem on the road you would see them shaking like moi moi. Automatic cars are very easy to drive, and that is why people jump into them as if they are the best. But manual cars make one a good and real driver.

I am not saying that manual drivers do not get accident, but there many Automatic cars easily made drivers on our roads today.

I don't know much about diesel cars but all i know is that, there must be an advantage in every invention. We Nigerians too copy from America, mostly on the bad things. Tell me more of Diesel cars plsease.

Your assertions about automatics are very very very wrong. So wrong that a kid who understands what technology and advancement is all about will laugh at your post.
I can't really start opposing your points one by one, i would only ask you to go and buy a horse and start riding it to your destinations
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by Ikenna351(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2013
COOLDUN:

Some of us are having problems of checking our mpg when we are driving in the cities. Not because those switches don't work, but because we are scared of what we would see; the figures that would pop up. How would you feel when your screen is telling you are getting below 12 mpg?

Even the highway figure doesn't help. Some would battle to at least achieve 20 mpg on the highway, even if they have to do 70 km/h to achieve that.

Now let's go to diesel. One of the Peugeot 508 diesel versions gives about 74 mpg on highway and an impressive figure in the city.

Now, someone wants to go green, yet still clinging to 20 mpg, when there is one giving 70+ mpg?

Am not advocating that we all switch to diesels, but just stating options available which people seem to forget or not aware of.

Diesel parts will cost more than petrol engine parts. But they last longer than the petrol ones.

A diesel car with 400k mileage is considered as "just starting life". Their engines built to be stronger than the petrol ones, due to the nature of their work. Hence, they tend to last longer.

Ikenna.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by obua: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
Even if diesel sells for N250/lit , it is still more economical than petrol.
Most private cars in Europe are diesel engined.
I have owned several diesel engined vehicles like Nissan Patrol (TD42, LD42, SD42, Mercedes Vboot 200D, Mitsubishi Pajero( 4M40 and 4D53) Nissan civilian , toyota hiace.
A 300km journey say between Portharcourt and Oguta and back will take just about 15 litres of diesel( v booth 200D , a petrol 230E will take about 40 litres if the engines is well tuned, so just do the maths.
Diesel mechanics are not many simply because we do not use diesel engined vehicles a lot. Most of our west African neighbours use diesel engined vehicles alot

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by uboma(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2013
50calibre:

Ok!

- What are the prices of petrol & diesel in Nigeria? ( I know diesel has better economy )

- I agree petrol cars aren't necessarily faster than diesel cars, most especially modern one.

- From personal experience, I can say if you allow the diesel to finish in your car, you'd have to clear the system first of air bubbles ( most especially older engines )

- Petrol & diesel, which is easier to find in Nigeria?

Correct me anywhere you think I'm wrong.

Here in Abuja, my official driver buys diesel at about N164-N170 per litre. PMS goes for N97 per litre. Diesel burns slowly than PMS, hence, you with your petrol engined vehicle would have gone to re-fill your tank again before my diesel gets to the reserve mark.

Why on earth will you allow fuel (be it diesel or PMS) to be completely exhausted before re-filling? Do you completely exhaust the PMS in your vehicle before re-filling? I always re-fill once it gets to the reserve mark.

Petrol can also be as scarce as diesel.

The plain truth is that diesel engined vehicles perform better than their petrol counterparts. However, we do less experienced mech to work on them.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by uboma(m): 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
papi365: ACHSO! U RE NOT DIFF 4RM UR MSG. TIME WIL MAKE U GROW AND THINK LIKE A MAN AND NOT AS A BOI. SINCE U HAV BN MAKING STATEMENTS,HOW AS DAT IMPROVE UR LIFE? TINK B4 U OPEN UR MOUTH COS U MIGHT NOT CLOSE IT BACK.

You are going against rule 11 with your capital fonts. The moderator should have banned you by now

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by chucky234(m): 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2013
With the adultrated AGO sold in our filling stations its suicidal buying a diseal engine car in Naija ooo, DPK go knock your engine sharp sharp.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by slinkky(m): 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
when did fuel become synonymous with petrol. I keep seeing some people on this thread saying fuel instead of petrol. As pointed out earlier by someone, fuel is anything that store potential energy, can be released by burning. So diesel, is also a form of fuel, the same way kerosene, ethanol, petrol, LPG charcoal, coke etc are

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by Nuzo1(m): 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
Siena, Ikenna, cooldun et al.

These aforementioned are just like Jakumo, Mannylife etc in aeronotics. They are well versed, experienced and well traveled.
Some months ago, I was opportune to follow Ikenna's journey from Abuja to Anambra via Enugu. His story or maybe the way he told it made me feel like I was the actual traveller. I could count that thread as one of my most educating yet entertaining threads I've come across on Niaralnd since when I joined the forum in 2006.

I've leant a lot of maturity, professionalism and straight to the point kind oof approach to issues, especially in the auto section. I appreciate them. wink

That being said, I must note that sometimes I don't feel comfortable with the way they counter/confront some Nigerian regarding their opinions on automobiles. This confrontation is very evident in Siena, Ikenna nd Cooldun's comments here.

1. Siena and Ikenna stated clearly that Nigeriiaans are only using diesel cars because their "mentor" (America) is using it. More like saying that we Niigerians foolishly copy whatever the Americans do.

2. Ikenna and Cooldun also made a condescending statement about how Nigerians suck up auto-transmission vehicles...just because its lazy Americans favorites..

3. Ikenna and co has also been furious about Nigerian preferring the Toyota brand of cars to other brands. They went further to beret Nigerians for thinking very high of American specs when compared to European version.

I can't claim to know the major reasons why Nigerians are "ignorant" of their automobiles and their preferences. But I can't at least speak for myself. And before I do that, I want to also make it clear that I'm not a car/auto enthusiast...but I'm a big fan of sophistication, simplicity and efficiency in all I do. And that includes automobiles. grin

As I agree with assertion that Nigerians prefer petrol cars cos America do same. I would want Siena and co to do further research oon why Nigerians prefer this other than using the usual line "Nigerian likes copying Americans for the sake of it" to shut down any debate.

Aside from first hand experiences affecting the use of diesel engine cars like:
A. Higher pump price
B. Lack of good auto mechanics
C. Excess carbon dioxide
D. Noisy engine
E. Low speed (for older version)
F. Faulty injector
Et al.

I would love you guys to look into the fact that this love for American product and service is not just a Nigerian thing but a global phenomenon. From Brasili, Beijing, London to even Germany...the residents of these places prefer American specs of most products even if the product is an ididgenous to those places.
Now, the question is why is the world in love with American specs. Simple! High quality nd standard plus its uniqueness! So, what's actually wrong in people believing and going for American specs?

And as for Nigerians preferring Toyota to any other brand, I stand with them on that. I've been blessed to accelerate different brand of cars in my life; Datsun/Nissan, Mazda, Ford, Honda, Peogot GM, Mercedes and Toyota. I drove cars from these brands between 2 months to 10 years. Nothing compares to Toyota!

Aside from the value and compatibility, I would choose Toyota Tundra over Mercedes GLK450 (no be me get am o) without thinking it thru. I can't begin to recount my sweet times with Toyota Tundra as opposed to the not-so memorable time I had with the GLK450.
Is it the cheap maintenance, availability of spare parts, fuel economy, engine durability? There's just something about Toyota!

I'm not going to respond to Cooldun's comments regarding auto-transmission and manual. Cos if I do, he may even come with the idea that we should even prefer animal transportation to automobile...just because we want our roads to be free from accidents.

Once again, these guys are professionals and experts in automobile but the whole country can't be wrong.

Ps: Please pardon my incoherent essay.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? by redcliff: 11:49pm On Sep 21, 2013
papi365: ACHSO! U RE NOT DIFF 4RM UR MSG. TIME WIL MAKE U GROW AND THINK LIKE A MAN AND NOT AS A BOI. SINCE U HAV BN MAKING STATEMENTS,HOW AS DAT IMPROVE UR LIFE? TINK B4 U OPEN UR MOUTH COS U MIGHT NOT CLOSE IT BACK.

You need to stop man. U r making a fool of thineself. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Accident Occurs On 3rd Mainland Bridge This Evening / what will you do if you got This Car As A Gift ? / Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.