Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? (16988 Views)

Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) / FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities / FG Upgrades Four Colleges Of Education To Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by nerodenero: 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2013
For sure because when you present a foreign university certificate, our employers of labour will cluster you like ant inside sugar.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by pesty100(m): 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2013
Yes

In other news is ASSU still on strike
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2013
Littlehooper:

I DON'T COMPREHEND WOT U'VE WRITTEN ABOVE. U ARE NOT COMMENTING BASE ON D TOPIC

Because she is the Poster, and so she was only shedding more lights about her situation.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2013
pesty100: Yes

In other news is ASSU still on strike

How ASUU matter take concern you when you dont even know that it is ASUU and not ASSU.

1 Like

Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by blackmale500: 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2013
with the ongoing ASUU strike, definitely i will
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Bimpss(f): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2013
It's your choice at the end of the day, but to me No knowledge is lost. I actually have a cousin who was a full certified nurse in Nigeria, but when she got to the states they told her to go back to university to take more courses because Nigerian license/certificates are not that accredited here. She was angry at first, but she later realized that it was for her own good. She saw that there were a lot of things she didn't know. She is now a full time registered nurse and she feels she knows more about the job than she did in Nigeria.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Treyknowles(m): 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2013
I won't think twice abt it,cuz all ma life i wanted to study abroad,i will encourage u to go abroad for ur law-it comes with a lot of benefits nd law in u.s. Or u.k. Is only three years, nd u.s. Is abt to change law frm three years to two years.it wnt be a waste but a huge advantage for u
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by greatestman(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
Personally I don't see anything great about this abroad my mine don't drift for it for once I prefer Nigeria universities (federal). ASUU make me strong delay is not denial.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Sniper4real(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
i will o coz d education standard there is beta
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by yuncka: 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2013
ASUU & Federal Govt finally reached a conclusion...
Federal Govt is to provide 16 virgins, 40 tubers of yam, 28 live aligators, 2 baskets of kolanut and 120 kegs of palmwine on or b4 full moon.
School resumes in 4 Eke market days.
The gods have spoken!
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Davo93(m): 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2013
amnestylaw1:

I will talk from experience. Before I got admission to OAU, I had studied Mass Comm up to the ND level. At OAU, I was in LLB 3 when the opportunity to travel abroad to further my education arrived. People advised me not to unless I finish my legal studies but I said NO. Of course I got admitted into Law at the University of London International Programmes. This year my mates are just finishing from Law school in Nigeria while I am still at school here. I found out that even when I graduate from London International Programmes Law, I cannot be a Barrister and Solicitor in Nigeria because the programme I am taking is considered distance learning by the Council for Legal Education in Nigeria. Any Law degree earned via distance learning or part time outside Nigeria (even within Nigeria) is not recognized for NYSC mobilization and Law School mobilization.

So, I would advise you to finish your law programme in Nigeria and then go abroad to continue your LLM. That is better. But, if you must travel abroad, then please do not attend a distance learning program- especially if it is Law. With Communication and Media Studies, I would like that course because I am currently eyeing teaching positions in one of our universities or colleges. Of course you may work in the media as a presenter or journalist. My one cent.
Best Reply! Quite enlightening...

2 Likes

Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by kpolli(m): 5:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
imperiouxx: What do you mean by abroad? Is it the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany and very few other european countries?

[size=15pt]YES!!! It worth it 1 billion times![/size]

Depends on the course, like leaving Engineering in Naija to come study English here..... You won't be given OPT, you would back to Naija n become a teller wink
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Memyselfu2009(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
[size=8pt][/size]yes what would I be waiting for shape shape I go carry waka
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by imperiouxx(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
kpolli:

Depends on the course, like leaving Engineering in Naija to come study English here..... You won't be given OPT, you would back to Naija n become a teller wink

Haba! I mean continuing studies like you my boss..... Tuwale sir! How are you doing today?
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Nikapetrelli(f): 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
If my graduation yr is close i will not
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by stecman: 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2013
Bolushalom: Hello Everyone. :-)
As a student in a Nigerian University, would you drop your education in Nigeria to start over from the beginning abroad, for a course generally perceived to be inferior to the one you are currently studying in Nigeria. You however don't mind studying the course.
guy b specific, abroad could b benin republic, mali, syria etc

1 Like

Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by obilu10001: 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
No course is less important. As for me, as far as it is not any education course, I will jump abroad again n again even if I'm in final year. By the way, My own mindset of abroad is USA, Germany, London, Russia and France. Anything short of these; count me out. If me I bring my degree come 4rm dere, me n u no go b mate againoooh. Pals! I love these countries specially US.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by rhames(m): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
FINISH THE B SC IN NAIJA AND PREPARE FOR THE MASTERS DE3GREE ABROAD.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by mediachirps(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
the simple truth is that, the Nigerian employment system soo much appraise certificate documents obtained from the high institutions in diaspora. education system of this country made it to be so.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by FlyboyZee: 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2013
Idrismusty97: Absolutely totally confidentially Yes!.even if i am in NYSC i can leave to start afresh for bachelor Degree
Its either You are very myopic, childish, foolish or retarded.
Even if you study in Harvard, Yale, MIT, Cambridge, Oxford, etc;
1. You will still have to come and do the NYSC you abandoned.
2. There are no ready made jobs anywhere in the world, even in the so-called advanced countries and as such you will be up against the same local boys you abandoned, more especially if you have to come back and work here.
3. You will have the problem of trying to eventually adjust to the Nigerian situation if you will have to come back and work in Naija.
4. How many Nigerian Governors and Presidents ever had this foreign education you think and feel is the numero uno in your life?

NB: Naija may be be retarded in development, but she sure has her own ways that are perculiar and works for her and her alone. And where do you learn this ways from? its in good ol' Naija. The motherland is offering the kind of education that works for her, whether you like it or not, and thats what every other country is doing, providing the kind of education they desire and not that desired by other countries. In essence, our education, work environment, life, etc are perculiar to we and we alone and to make a headway, its better you learn the rudiments from here.

#JustMyTenCentsAnyways#

4 Likes

Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by bionicdude(m): 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2013
grin i will certainly do that.why get stuck with mediocrity.also remember that no Nigerian university is in the top 5000 in the world.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by buoye1(m): 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2013
I'll grab d opportunity
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by FineBro(m): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
Depends on the Country.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by NellyGhenghen(m): 5:28pm On Sep 21, 2013
Done it smiley tho i was supposed to be going 2L, so i ddnt have much to lose.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by BB013(m): 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
4mula22: Naaahhhhh!!!

I bet most pple that are saying they'll leave really don't know what they r talking about.
I had the opportunity when I was in my year 3 in uniport but I didn't go since I already had good grades
I have friends who studied in the UK, came out with good results, but are back to 9ja hustling with me.

LIEnus mba..
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by ayobase(m): 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
lovetterrison:

ODE

Sharrap, don't u see the sense of humour in his post!
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by lymelyte(m): 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by ayobase(m): 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
yuncka: ASUU & Federal Govt finally reached a conclusion...
Federal Govt is to provide 16 virgins, 40 tubers of yam, 28 live aligators, 2 baskets of kolanut and 120 kegs of palmwine on or b4 full moon.
School resumes in 4 Eke market days.
The gods have spoken!

i dont think so cos a man of God once spoke!

LOL

Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Cestmoi1(f): 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2013
Without thinking twice.I will be so elated if i ever get such a chance.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by pesty100(m): 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
eddiebruk:

How ASUU matter take concern you when you dont even know that it is ASUU and not ASSU.
it isn't really my fault being away from school for too long isn't good......
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
There are many factors that must be put into consideration:
1. Country: If it's UK am not going! US, Canada, Germany, Norway, Australia, I might consider the option of leaving.
2. Course of Study: If it's a degree in finance, business, social sciences or art, I won't consider the option of travelling abroad.
3. Financial Issue: If it's not a scholarship scheme, then my chances of eloping will drastically reduce to 50%
4. Age: anything above 21, I am not going for undergraduate studies abroad.

To those screaming "inferiority complex" I think you need to have you head examined, education in developed country is a perfect opposite of what education is in this shameful country of yours.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
The gods are alive.
No! The gods are dead and crazy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Quacks: "I Was Specific About 3, Not All State Universities" - Prof Osodeke / How ASUU Strike Is Promoting Prostitution, Unemployment, Poverty – Stakeholders / University Of Ghana Suspends Gyampo And Bukator In Sex For Grade Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.