Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? (16986 Views)

Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) / FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities / FG Upgrades Four Colleges Of Education To Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
Which kind of abroad?
Cameroun or Congo DR?
Somalia or Eritrea? Haiti or Benin Rep?
Burkina Faso abi na Senegal.
Last Bullet:
Make una free me o!
We need to screen wishes before making them.
I ll only study abroad if it's Havard University.
I m sure you know where it's located. Na Obodo America!
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Omezu(m): 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
Abandoning your naija education for a foreign degree may not be worthwhile if you are in your penultimate or final year. Even if you are not comfortable with your current programme, so far as you have made good benchmark in it then it is adviseable you graduate before considering going to study abroad.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by taayourty(m): 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nigeria of today? oooh YES!8-)
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 21, 2013
GUYS, its the USA, and I'm in my third year, I have 3 more years to go including Law school. The course available for me there is a 4 year course.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Which kind of abroad?
Cameroun or Congo DR?
Somalia or Eritrea? Haiti or Benin Rep?
Burkina Faso abi na Senegal.
Last Bullet:
Make una free me o!
We need to screen wishes before making them.
I ll only study abroad if it's Havard University.
I m sure you know where it's located. Na Obodo America!
Na US
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by kossynerule: 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
[b][/b]pros1.Mass communications and any media related or communications course is not inferior to law.every course has its own benefits
2.A chance to study abroad(esp.countries like US,UK,Germany,Russia etc) is always rare.
3.You can't compare Nigerian tertiary Education to tertiary Educationin some developed countries of the world.
4.You can still defer your education here and complete it once you are thru wf ur education abroad if u still need it.
[b][/b]cons.
1.A bird at hand is worth thousands in the bush.
2.There is no guarantee that you will secure an instant job once u are thru with ur education abroad.
3.Age is a very vital factor here.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by elrony(m): 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin....YES if it's Ca!!!
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by kossynerule: 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
Bolushalom: GUYS, its the USA, and I'm in my third year, I have 3 more years to go including Law school. The course available for me there is a 4 year course.
1.Meet ur academic adviser,he will help u to request for deferment thru d dean of ur faculty,U can still come back and complete ur law degree if you want after completing ur education abroa.its a win-win.and pls there's nufin lyk superior and inferior courses

1 Like

Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by sashx(m): 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
Wont advise u 2 leave ur degree 2 start afresh if d prospect of landing a gud job quickly is ur main aim of travelling abroad cox wen u come bck, u ll stil b struggling wif Naija grads. M in a certain bank training sch now nd c no much diffrennce btw we d Naija breeds nd dos dat even earn an Msc dia cox wat d sch teaches nw ix nt normally wat is needed @ d job plac. Bt if completing ur studies early is ur main concern, I ll gladly advise u 2 go cox 4 Naija, u neva knw wen u ll grad.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by redcliff: 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2013
[size=14pt]Just like,my gst 106 lecturer would say, "without undue fatigue" lmao![/size]
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Booty4me: 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
lovetterrison:

ODE
why d name calling?
u shld have countered him or give ur opinion
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by niggi4life(m): 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2013
Idrismusty97: Absolutely totally confidentially Yes!.even if i am in NYSC i can leave to start afresh for bachelor Degree
hahahahahahaha
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Samscofield: 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2013
pesty100: At the #END® of the day...... a #TIME® comes when i think about #THINGS® like should i go out of this country or stay...... I think I would go
You will truely pass for a genuise in this End Time.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by larryburton: 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
Bolushalom: GUYS, its the USA, and I'm in my third year, I have 3 more years to go including Law school. The course available for me there is a 4 year course.
Mass and media communication is not an inferior course but Law is a Professional Course. If your dad really want to help, why not complete your LLB and go for LLM in abroad. or do your require Law school Certificate for LLM admission? I believe if you have a good result in your LLM you can attend Law school and call to Bar in the country where you study.
Law/Medicine/Dentstry//Pharmacy in US and Canada requires a bachelor degree for admission (LLB/MBBS/B.Pharm); that is what make them a professional program. These courses make more money and they have prestige.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2013
Am currently in HND2,i had the offer to study bus admin in bulgeria,i rejected the scholarship.i cant leave civil eng 4 any management course.

1 Like

Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by OghoghoHP(f): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
Y not. With d strike everytime i don't need to think twice
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by pesty100(m): 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
Samscofield: You will truely pass for a genuise in this End Time.
what can i say except...... You know na
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by kpolli(m): 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

Haba! I mean continuing studies like you my boss..... Tuwale sir! How are you doing today?

Boss I dey ooo

How ur side?
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by achu442(m): 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
Even my friends that just came back from studies in Phillipines and India.Na so Chevron and NLNG dey beg them....A vertinary medicine doctor in US is prefered to a medical doctor in Nigeria.There is a hospital recently opened by UNICEF at Uyo,AkwaIbom State...our Nigerian made doctors are not familiar with the equipments.They have to start looking for those who studied abroad.

1 Like

Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
This is the reason why most Nigerians are poor... "INFERIORITY COMPLEX"
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2013
This is the reason why most Nigerians are poor... "INFERIORITY COMPLEX"
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by claremont(m): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
A Nigerian non-medical degree means f-uckall outside Nigeria anyway, even those with medical and allied medical degrees still have to do top-ups and conversion courses before they are allowed to practise overseas.

@OP: I would seriously advice you to goooooooooooooooooooo!

1 Like

Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Dongozzy6(m): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
I have wished to open a thread like this but I'm still a novice inthe site...I have a similar issue just like hers!I'm a 100level student going to 200lvl(ASUU strike)...an Agric-economics student!I have been given the opportunity to study "Information Technology" in malaysia but I'm being skeptical about making the rightful choice....pls!i need a sincere and witty advice from viewers!tnks
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by cachal: 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
4mula22: Naaahhhhh!!!

I bet most pple that are saying they'll leave really don't know what they r talking about.
I had the opportunity when I was in my year 3 in uniport but I didn't go since I already had good grades
I have friends who studied in the UK, came out with good results, but are back to 9ja hustling with me.

When we say abroad, must it be UK? Abi don't you know UK is like Oshodi..

@Topic a living dog is far better than a dead lion, PhD in Naija, you better receive same salary with man know man candidate who only has OND, but abroad your grade define you.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by blink6(m): 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
I already took a poll on this... Majority chose starting all over again. I dnt blame nobody for their decisions, if we got the infrastructure(s), nobody go wan leave na.

1 Like

Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
No..., I prefer to study in my nation
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by turl(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
@B, I won't think twice, no course studied abroad Is neither useless nor inferior

Lol not true. If you study a course that isn't marketable anywhere, you will starve! abroad or not.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by ceejiyn(f): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2013
yes
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by brownlord: 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
@op, if you where to be my course mate, and we writing our last paper in final year, I come here say ur visa come out, u dey ask question before u commot exam hall begin run go MMA, I sware I go personally kill u
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by church112: 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
Yes ooooooo sharp sharp self
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by LFJ: 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2013
Bolushalom: Hello Everyone. :-)
As a student in a Nigerian University, would you drop your education in Nigeria to start over from the beginning abroad, for a course generally perceived to be inferior to the one you are currently studying in Nigeria. You however don't mind studying the course. By abroad, I mean the U.S

It is a very good opportunity, more so u don't have to start from the beginning, apply as a transfer student not as a fresher so that you can gain the credit you already earned in Nigeria.
Re: Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? by Chinoble(f): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
U R MY BESTFRIEND!
rhames: FINISH THE B SC IN NAIJA AND PREPARE FOR THE MASTERS DE3GREE ABROAD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Ilaro Locks Out Students From Entering School Premises / Quacks: "I Was Specific About 3, Not All State Universities" - Prof Osodeke / How ASUU Strike Is Promoting Prostitution, Unemployment, Poverty – Stakeholders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.