Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? (1872 Views)

Can You Forgive Your Girlfriend Or Fiancee If She Did Dis To You / Will You Forgive Your Fiancee If She Did This?? / Can You Forgive A Cheating Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Toonice(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
One thing that has broken so many homes is infidelity. Women, most times, find it easier to forgive their cheating husbands due to societal perception of infidelity as an acceptable norm for men. But men find it difficult to forgive their wifes' unfaithfulness. Even boyfriends dump the relasionship when they find out that their girlfriends have been cheating on them. So over to yov now in d house can u forgive a cheating partner?
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Enegod(m): 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
I am yanshing a girl who lives with a
man..So should I forgive her
for cheating on me?.....NO!! undecided
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by paradoxqueen: 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2013
I once heard something about how women can forgive a man easier for an affair that is just sexual as long as it wasnt emotional. If he was emotionally involed with a woman that it would be very difficult for a woman to forgive him. However for a man it was the opposite. If the lady only had an emotional affair he could easily forever her but if it were sexual he was unlikely to forgive her.
Now I am a very jealous woman. If anything gets more of my mans attention then me we will have problems. It could be an object like a book, a video game, or his laptop. I will grow to resent these items but let it be another woman and I will never forgive him. I will instantly lose all attraction and desire for my man. Worst I lose all respect for him. I may let him stay but he shouldnt expect me to be faithful or do anything for even if it is only sexual and he didnt even know her name.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by pardechevuex(f): 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
The reason why men find it difficult to forgive is because he will be in doubt if he is the true father of his children,his bp will rise and then stroke then he kicks the bucket. Women are stronger handling such issues

1 Like

Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by larride(m): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2013
Sincerely, I would forgive my partner for cheating on me but that's the end of the relationship. The truth is that infidelity destroys a relationship/marriage, whether it came from the man/woman is inconsequential because its still the same thing. Once a man/woman catch his/her partner cheating on them, one thing is lost and that is TRUST, once trust is destroyed in a relationship, it takes lots of hardwork and commitment to rebuild that trust again. Even as times goes on and you say you have forgiven your partner that cheats on you, you still feel insecure about him/her because you could never trust them like you used too. Its not peculiar to guys alone, some girls/woman loses respect and trust for their man once they catch him cheating on them. Let's not even look at it from a religion perspective. INFEDILITY really destroy homes. We should all run from it, both men and women.

2 Likes

Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by larride(m): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2013
pardechevuex: The reason why men find it difficult to forgive is because he will be in doubt if he is the true father of his children,his bp will rise and then stroke then he kicks the bucket. Women are stronger handling such issues

True. One thing that infidelity brings into a relationship/marriage is INSECURITY and loss of TRUST. Once those two are in a relationship, it takes miracle to save the relationship. Forgiveness, YES, but does it really save the relationship?
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by 50calibre(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2013
No, Never!! A man cheating is understandable, but a woman, unforgivable.

2 Likes

Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
If i don't get to know about it. cheesy cheesy
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by larride(m): 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2013
alutacontinua: If i don't get to know about it. cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by cdamsel(f): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
Enegod: I am yanshing a girl who lives with a
man..So should I forgive her
for cheating on me?.....NO!! undecided
Ene,who hurt me like dis?u used 2 b sweet & all bt now u turning to mini 190 cry

1 Like

Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by 190theclown: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2013
cdamsel: Ene,who hurt me like dis?u used 2 b sweet & all bt now u turning to mini 190 cry

which 190 angry
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by 190theclown: 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2013

mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww undecided
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2013
190-the-clown:

mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww undecided

I said it before, you're the complete opposite of smart. tongue

May ur mouth continue to mssccchhheeeewwww undecided
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by cdamsel(f): 10:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
190-the-clown:

which 190 angry
hiya,mum taught me courtesy kiss
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by 190theclown: 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
alutacontinua:

I said it before, you're the complete opposite of smart. tongue

May ur mouth continue to mssccchhheeeewwww undecided

im sure you havent eaten Midnight slap before

Juss continue mis-yarn-ing

Your eye go soon clear undecided
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
190-the-clown:

im sure you havent eaten Midnight slap before

Juss continue mis-yarn-ing

Your eye go soon clear undecided

Lol...u min u wanna slap someone with ur pancake hand
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
50calibre: No, Never!! A man cheating is understandable, but a woman, unforgivable.
whats the difference
cheating is cheating
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by 190theclown: 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
moderators alutacontinua and c-damsel are threatening me oh undecided

please do something
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2013
Cheating can be forgiven if it is the first time. Subsequently,there should be no room for such. He should get the hell out.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Nobody: 1:34am On Sep 22, 2013
No way cry
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 22, 2013
In a bf/gf relationship, I would forgive and then bounce.

In a marriage, I would forgive and give the marriage ONE more chance.
If it happens again I would still forgive him, but the marriage would be over.

Forgive? Always. The important questions is, would the relationship remain?
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Enegod(m): 6:57am On Sep 22, 2013
cdamsel: Ene,who hurt me like dis?u used 2 b sweet & all bt now u turning to mini 190 cry
sweet? how did you kn...hv you licked me before? undecided undecided
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Toonice(m): 9:34am On Sep 22, 2013
Plz moderator should put this in frontpage. I need more answer on this topic. Thx
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by gwas(m): 10:40am On Sep 22, 2013
smileyThat's the only thing I can't forgive my woman! Lailai, impossicant, end of relationship! Next is to go back to field and look out for another sweet looking damsel. Dem too many. No story
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
Cheating?? I can forgive and still carry on as if nothing happened. Aftall, is my fellow women that is in polygamous marriage.

But,the only tin that can end my marriage/rlship, is ABUSIVE or VIOLENT man. #I too fear beating abeg#.
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Emaprince: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
first of all,I'll try my best not cheat on my wife but the problem is that women starts misbehaving when they find out that you are a kind loving and trust worthy man.they will think they can do wrong and get forgiven.

so,if I start suspecting her based on change in character,choice of dress etc..problem don dey come o!..I'll do everything possible to find out in order to save my life..Yes! I mean save my life cos married women doesn't cheat with random guys unlike men.they'll stick to one person hence,fall in love with the person.this means i'll be her provider while the new guy is her real lover..my life won't be safe again.

I will divorce her and do DNA test on all my kids to be sure I'm not raising another man's children.
any one that is not mine will be given to her...I won't take her as an enemy sha

nyere84: Cheating?? I can forgive and still carry on as if nothing happened. Aftall, is my fellow women that is in polygamous marriage.

But,the only tin that can end my marriage/rlship, is ABUSIVE or VIOLENT man. #I too fear beating abeg#.

WOW!!!..I pray that GOD will bless you with a man that will never cheat on you or abuse you..you'll be happy forever!
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by cdamsel(f): 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
Enegod: sweet? how did you kn...hv you licked me before? undecided undecided
yes I used 2 Lick u b4,u don 4get? undecided tongue
190-the-clown:
moderators alutacontinua and c-damsel are threatening me oh undecided

please do something
cry cry baby u want 2 c ur mummy shameeeeeeeee tongue.u know the song right?
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
If my man cheats on me,be it 20 years of marriage,we r getting a divorce.

As long as he can't forgive cheating from me,he has no right to expect me to forgive cheating on his part.

But on a general note.I don't even think men cheat more than women These days.so those men living in a fool's paradise.thinking cheating is understandable in men.
Lmao.y'all might wanna wake up n smell the coffee.

Cheating is bad despite whoever is involved.and part of what you have to worry about is the dreaded HIV.before u even begin to think of if the kids are yours or not.
Better safe than sorry
Zip up.
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
Gbam! If I hia, na dia wahala go surface.
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Infomizer(m): 1:10am On Sep 23, 2013
Forgive - yes. Forget - no.
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 23, 2013
Re: Infidelity: Can You Forgive Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
Amen and thanks. @Ema prince

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Be Romatic With My Girlfriend / Please Is This Normal (need Help/advice-long post) / A Nairalander Needs Urgent Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.