Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ (3918 Views)

Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Kingspin(m): 9:54am On Sep 22, 2013
wirinet:

Sorry to say, you need to spend money on more qualitative education. How you equate a national conference to seperation beats me.

I honestly do not know when this SS/SE nonsense started. I am a core niger delta citizen from warri, and I am not aware of any SS/SE alliance. Then it smacks of mischief to say that SS are hungary to seperate from one nigeria. Please name the SS personalities or ethnic groups agitating for separation. it is your perogative to fight for seperation of your own people but it is criminal to drag others along with you without their consent.
The north are saying NO to confeb thats where i started and why they think it wouldnt help the Nigeria and the opportunity that other may use it to call that Nigeria should be divided, the people in front of the agitation. . But they refuse to offer any peace proposal so the Nigerians would support it. And why are you still confuse the more, was the Nigerian civil war fought to stay togather. We cant close our eye on whats is happening in the country past & now. This is not about any allience am talking about individual zones. An average SS believe that if the country cant hold than they wnna go solo. Whats hard to understand. Mayb a referendum in the Niger delta would serve u better.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Onlytruth(m): 10:01am On Sep 22, 2013
Here we go again. undecided

Reasonable Nigerians call for soveriegn national conference to discuss Nigeria's basis of existence.
A northerner threatens war to frighten some southerners.
Igbo man calls his bluff.
Some so called minority people rushes to defend the northerner.
The issues remain undiscussed and the nation stays stagnant.

What makes current situation totally senseless is that we have a "minority" president from "SS", and the nation's current violence in the north is principally because of this fact.
Pray, how can ANY rational "minority" human being even remotely align with the same people that see him as second class citizen, someone not fit to be president of this country?
This is why I still don't buy the current setup that dumps Edo people (and some delta people) into "SS", because they are not really "SS". Some of them are even northerners (muslims), so how can they speak for "SS".
In my book, "SS" is Akwa Ibom, Cross rivers, Rivers, Bayelsa and tiny parts of Delta.
I bet you that if Jonathan were from Edo state or even Delta state, some of these so called "SS" people from that area will not be indirectly supporting a northerner threatening war on the rest of us just because we want Nigeria negotiated and founded properly.

As for Igbo needing other people to stand in independence, only a deluded fool would think that.
An Igbo only nation will be world beaters any day. cool

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Kingspin(m): 10:12am On Sep 22, 2013
pandriod:

For a start can you stop putting ss and se together? You even have the audacity to call other people lazy when in actual sense you ibos are the parasites. Show me one thing the ibos or se are contributing to this country. How much in revenue is the whole se contributing to federation accounts on monthly basis? less than 10 billion naira while sw contributes something in neighbourhood of 200 billion naira, after ss and you call others parasites.CAN THE IBOS SURVIVE A MONTH WITHOUT OIL REVENUE?

Last year alone, revenues from cocoa stood at a billion dollars. CAN YOU SHOW ME ANYTHING FROM S E THAT RIVALED THAT?
You also forget that Imo, Amambra and Abia do have oil pls i dnt wana go there what i'm saying let every part of the country start bringing what they have at the centre the oil will soon dry. No zone in Nigeria that dnt have more than one natural resources that can boost the country's economy. Hence less depend on oil thats my point. So that when oil is no longer found other things would take over.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by ketoprofen(m): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2013
pandriod:

For a start can you stop putting ss and se together? You even have the audacity to call other people lazy when in actual sense you ibos are the parasites. Show me one thing the ibos or se are contributing to this country. How much in revenue is the whole se contributing to federation accounts on monthly basis? less than 10 billion naira while sw contributes something in neighbourhood of 200 billion naira, after ss and you call others parasites.CAN THE IBOS SURVIVE A MONTH WITHOUT OIL REVENUE?

Last year alone, revenues from cocoa stood at a billion dollars. CAN YOU SHOW ME ANYTHING FROM S E THAT RIVALED THAT?

did u just ask d contributions of SE to dis nation?
Its easier to ask what are d contributons of sw(not lagos) to d country, of wch d answer wl be none.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by pandriod: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2013
Onlytruth: Here we go again. undecided

Reasonable Nigerians call for soveriegn national conference to discuss Nigeria's basis of existence.

What makes current situation totally senseless is that we have a "minority" president from "SS", and the nation's current violence in the north is principally because of this fact.
Pray, how can ANY rational "minority" human being even remotely align with the same people that see him as second class citizen, someone not fit to be president of this country?
This is why I still don't buy the current setup that dumps Edo people (and some delta people) into "SS", because they are not really "SS". Some of them are even northerners (muslims), so how can they speak for "SS".
In my book, "SS" is Akwa Ibom, Cross rivers, Rivers, Bayelsa and tiny parts of Delta.
I bet you that if Jonathan were from Edo state or even Delta state, some of these so called "SS" people from that area will not be indirectly supporting a northerner threatening war on the rest of us just because we want Nigeria negotiated and founded properly.

As for Igbo needing other people to stand in independence, only a deluded fool would think that.

[img]http://pearlsofprofundity.files./2012/08/obama-kissing-15.jpg?w=1080[/img]

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by ifebosco: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2013
is there any diference from Dr. Junaid Mohammed what he said now and asari??we have fools all over the country
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 22, 2013
Onlytruth: Here we go again. undecided

@ bolded
Thank God u are d reasonable iboman here that can see things beyond what they are around him.
It beats me how some of your kinsmen here still thinks Eastern Nigeria is still d same as SS/SE today. They v forgot Itsekiris who own Warri & , some of their antagonists of Ijaw, who make a sizable portion of SS westward.

Going by events, Edos & almost all Deltas, except Aniomas, are out of d mix ('cos they have their loyalties elsewhere). Ijaws is the most standalone as they have no ties to anywhere. CR & Akwa Iboms im not sure of.

So why are your guys always lumping SE & SS together?
...can u pls just open their eyes wider d more. grin

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by wirinet(m): 10:26am On Sep 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^So let's put the ball in your court: what do you want to see happen? And why does a synergy of efforts between SE and SS rile you up so?

My inlaw (igbos are my inlaw), What I want to see happen is a strong and united Nigeria where equity, justice and fairness prevail. This is because in todays world, size and strength is everything. Nigeria owes its influence today solely based on size, population and oil. Minorities like me can only be protected under a bigger political structure.
If in the event Nigeria must split, then I would have to go with the sections that I feel can best protect my intetest. They will put their cards on the table and we will reach a mutual agreement on how my rights and priviledges would be protected. I know that minority rights are often infringed upon so much so that the UN has an organ for protecting their rights.

Some of your people have started infringing that right already by forcing us into a SS/SE alliance without our consent. They make it seem as if we had already been conquered even before Nigeria splits. I have seen maps of biafra including my beloved warri, and I go "what the fvck" we will fight till the last blood defending warri against any forceful occupation. You need to be aware that minorities have a phobia for domination by majorities.

The we honestly do not understand what your people mean by SS/SE alliance. is it a political alliance? is it a military alliance or even an economic alliance. maybe you people has an alliance with the Ijaws and GEJ and then extend it to cover the whole SS, but if you people want to ally with us, then let's discuss.

5 Likes

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by luvmijeje(f): 10:40am On Sep 22, 2013
wirinet:

In theoy everybody should settle with what is found in their land, but in practice what is found in your land is only yours if you can defend it. The british came here to subdue us to take what was in our soil. The whites are in south africa, south and north america because of what was in their soil. The US are in kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Iraq because of oil in their soil.

If Nigeria should bulkanize today, the SS would be the battle ground for control of the oil resources involving first the other bigger tribes and sections including the igbos and international powers like the US, UK, France, China, Russia etc.
I see!
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 22, 2013
wirinet:

My inlaw (igbos are my inlaw), What I want to see happen is a strong and united Nigeria where equity, justice and fairness prevail. This is because in todays world, size and strength is everything. Nigeria owes its influence today solely based on size, population and oil. Minorities like me can only be protected under a bigger political structure.
If in the event Nigeria must split, then I would have to go with the sections that I feel can best protect my intetest. They will put their cards on the table and we will reach a mutual agreement on how my rights and priviledges would be protected. I know that minority rights are often infringed upon so much so that the UN has an organ for protecting their rights.

Some of your people have started infringing that right already by forcing us into a SS/SE alliance without our consent. They make it seem as if we had already been conquered even before Nigeria splits. I have seen maps of biafra including my beloved warri, and I go "what the fvck" we will fight till the last blood defending warri against any forceful occupation. You need to be aware that minorities have a phobia for domination by majorities.

The we honestly do not understand what your people mean by SS/SE alliance. is it a political alliance? is it a military alliance or even an economic alliance. maybe you people has an alliance with the Ijaws and GEJ and then extend it to cover the whole SS, but if you people want to ally with us, then let's discuss.

pls tell em oo

NL igbos are always quick to use d word SS/SE without considering how their alliances infringe on other minorities loyalties. They marry themselves with Itsekiris and Urhobos, people who dont feel even one bit of d "by force" SS/SE alliance

..amd BTW, Are u a native of Warri (jst want to know)

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by IdomaLikita: 10:52am On Sep 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Idoma-miss-road! You would be served better if you took the position that either things are done fairly in this country, with everyone treated as equals, or we all go our separate ways and call it curtains on this 'mere geographical expression'!......it's when you take this position that you'd force the hands of these bastards that are holding the rest of the country to ransom!

If we can't reach some sort of agreement on the way forward, then we should all agree to go our separate ways! Nobody will be forced to join Ndigbo to form a new country; the Wawa you talk of, though Igbo, can team up with Benue state or Hausa/Fulani if they feel that they'd thrive better and be better protected with them......no be by force!

Save your advice for yourself! Mr Nwa-Afor!

Its very easy for you to mouth Division on Paper, however when it comes to practicality, your Paper Theories become Useless!

This was the same thing said by Biafra, shortly before they invaded the South-South!

I have spent more than a Decade in Igboland, from the Hamlet level to the City level! And I have discovered that Oppression,Injustice and Corruption is found even at d Village level(embezzlement of Village Funds,etc) and this is being perpertrated by d Igbo man against his kin!

I discovered that the Igboman in the Rural Setting rarely mentions Division, but rather tags his Immediate problems to his Igwe, Council of Nde-Ozo, etc! Who embezzle money meant for Electricity, Roads etc!
I was NEVER treated Badly on account of my Extraction!

This is the Same Condition I found in Benue State, Kaduna State and Sokoto State where I interacted with people in Rural Areas( who make-up 70% of the Country)
No one talks about division, rather Food to eat, a Life of Dignity and a Little Money in the pocket is all they ask for and have NEVER attributed the lack of these to the fact they share a Country with People of Different Stock!

So instead of Advocating for Division which would probably favour ONLY Your Principal and other Elites like Yourself, I would rather you spend more time advocating Social Justice for us all!

For Mazi Paulinus Nnoka of Umuokwaraoha and Mallam Ismaila Yaro of Gidan Hai Village are all Men living under the Same Sun and Craving for the same Rights!

Ya Ga zie na Alaigbo, Ga zie kwa na Ugu-Hausa, Ga zie na Ala-Yoruba, Ga zie na Obodo anyi n'ile...Udo kai Choro!

7 Likes

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by ichidodo: 11:09am On Sep 22, 2013
pandriod:

No one wants to live with parasite and a greedy one for that matter. You think they don't read how you parasites are shamelessly trying to claim Lagos from south west? If you can try this on Lagos, hundreds of km away from southeast, then how long will it take you to run them down in warri? No one wants to leave this Nigeria, only to end up with another mini Nigeria. Everybody MUST ansa him papa name.
And nobody wants to live with liabilities, besides who are you to talk for the rest of the south/south? don't you know we have igbo people there and if we want to claim lands we don't claim those that are heavily polluted and environmentally degraded.We want SNC.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 22, 2013
ichidodo: And nobody wants to live with liabilities, besides who are you to talk for the rest of the south/south? don't you know we have igbo people there and if we want to claim lands we don't claim those that are heavily polluted and environmentally degraded.We want SNC.

so if you were to claim lands, are you saying you would claim the likes of Warri & Benin together?

pls answer

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by kutchs: 11:21am On Sep 22, 2013
They dont want SNC so that they continue to issue silly threats to Jonathan.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by jmaine: 11:23am On Sep 22, 2013
kutchs: They dont want SNC so that they continue to issue silly threats to Jonathan.

No mind the goats . . . .
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by ichidodo: 11:29am On Sep 22, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

so if you were to claim lands, are you saying you would claim the likes of Warri & Benin together?

pls answer
Benin and Warri can chose which side to go with, heck they are strong enough to form their own entity.Igbos are not against that, what we want is equity and justice for everyone including the minorities, remember we have igbo minorities too in the south south.Since Nigeria is failin us in that regard isn't fair for everyone to come together to renegotiate our union?
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by huptin(m): 11:37am On Sep 22, 2013
while it is indeed true that the SS and SE are the people who are most vocal about separation, the SW have proven time and again that they are the most prepared for such eventuality. They hardly leave their region and the pan yoruba spirit is quite strong. The yorubas are only wise enough to realise that going it alone is very risky and complex. i am 100% sure that a yoruba man will not raise a finger to stop the disintegration of this nation called Nigeria. Our support for one Nigeria has inflicted pains and misery on our people.

7 Likes

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by wirinet(m): 11:47am On Sep 22, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

pls tell em oo

NL igbos are always quick to use d word SS/SE without considering how their alliances infringe on other minorities loyalties. They marry themselves with Itsekiris and Urhobos, people who dont feel even one bit of d "by force" SS/SE alliance

..amd BTW, Are u a native of Warri (jst want to know)

I am full blooded Itsekiri from koko. The way the igbos make decisions and assumptions for others is annoying. They will tell you SS will do this, Middle belt will vote this, Southern Kaduna will support that, but they will not quote one leader from that group to support their assertions.

2 Likes

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 22, 2013
ichidodo: Benin and Warri can chose which side to go with, heck they are strong enough to form their own entity.Igbos are not against that, what we want is equity and justice for everyone including the minorities, remember we have igbo minorities too in the south south.Since Nigeria is failin us in that regard isn't fair for everyone to come together to renegotiate our union?

LOL

Those two you mentioned have their cultural ties with Yorubas, especially Warri (owned by Itsekiris). Itsekiris fews years back signalled their keen interest to be part of the Odua Coalition Group, but due to reasons unknown, d group stalled on their decision to incorporate them, even till today. Benins revealed they are yet to be met on any issues as regards that & that a eventual alliance LOOKS CERTAIN , considering the Oduduwa tie which binds them together.

...in essence, whether they make alliance ir not, my contrasting point here is the bone of contention, crude oil, is why Southerners are so sharply divided, & things wont work out as you think, especially with Ijaws!!!
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 22, 2013
wirinet:

I am full blooded Itsekiri from koko. The way the igbos make decisions and assumptions for others is annoying. They will tell you SS will do this, Middle belt will vote this, Southern Kaduna will support that, but they will not quote one leader from that group to support their assertions.

Abi oooo.

Igbos marry 'emselves with you people, not even considering how much your loyalties lie with the Benins & others.
They claim other places that are of non-cultural
relations with them. If Yorubas were to be infringing so much hard on d Edos & u people in Warri like dat, wouldn't that we are just been a disease to you all?

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by wirinet(m): 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
Idoma Likita:

Save your advice for yourself! Mr Nwa-Afor!

Its very easy for you to mouth Division on Paper, however when it comes to practicality, your Paper Theories become Useless!

This was the same thing said by Biafra, shortly before they invaded the South-South!

I have spent more than a Decade in Igboland, from the Hamlet level to the City level! And I have discovered that Oppression,Injustice and Corruption is found even at d Village level(embezzlement of Village Funds,etc) and this is being perpertrated by d Igbo man against his kin!

I discovered that the Igboman in the Rural Setting rarely mentions Division, but rather tags his Immediate problems to his Igwe, Council of Nde-Ozo, etc! Who embezzle money meant for Electricity, Roads etc!
I was NEVER treated Badly on account of my Extraction!

This is the Same Condition I found in Benue State, Kaduna State and Sokoto State where I interacted with people in Rural Areas( who make-up 70% of the Country)
No one talks about division, rather Food to eat, a Life of Dignity and a Little Money in the pocket is all they ask for and have NEVER attributed the lack of these to the fact they share a Country with People of Different Stock!

So instead of Advocating for Division which would probably favour ONLY Your Principal and other Elites like Yourself, I would rather you spend more time advocating Social Justice for us all!

For Mazi Paulinus Nnoka of Umuokwaraoha and Mallam Ismaila Yaro of Gidan Hai Village are all Men living under the Same Sun and Craving for the same Rights!

Ya Ga zie na Alaigbo, Ga zie kwa na Ugu-Hausa, Ga zie na Ala-Yoruba, Ga zie na Obodo anyi n'ile...Udo kai Choro!

God bless you my brother, may God continue to fill the fountain from which you receive devine wisdom from. What most ethno-tribal bigots are oblivious of is that the average Nigerian is not desirous of seperation, it is the powerful ruling class from all tribes that uses the treats of seperation as a bargining tool to grab power. Have you heard of an igbo governors or politician advocating for separation while in office. it is after losing power that they often realize that igbos are marginalized. If Ralph Nwazurike is given givernorship position today he would develop anmesia on Biafra until he loses power.

The average Nigerian villager loves Nigerians from other trtibes irrespective of tribe and religion, when I was schooling in Sokoto I would never forget the love shown by my hausa friends. When I was leaving one of them offered to give me one of his goat as a parting present. I had to refuse because I could not carry the goat into the plane. All the ethnic and religious conflicts are political manupulations by politicians to set the people apart and gain political revelance. Even the ijaw -itskekiri conflict is political, we have lived together for centuries and the average itsekiri still marry the average ijaw, but to gain political relevance the polititians creates conflicts to set the people apart.

You think the average hausa, tivi, idoma, yoruba or even itsekiri villager care about oil or who becomes president, governors or zoning? he is more concerned about day to day survival. it is those that depends on political power or patronate that sees political power as a do or die affair.

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by kettykin: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
SNC is actually what will save Nigeria from a civil war and an avoidable breakup
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by ichidodo: 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

LOL

Those two you mentioned have their cultural ties with Yorubas, especially Warri (owned by Itsekiris). Itsekiris fews years back signalled their keen interest to be part of the Odua Coalition Group, but due to reasons unknown, d group stalled on their decision to incorporate them, even till today. Benins revealed they are yet to be met on any issues as regards that & that a eventual alliance LOOKS CERTAIN , considering the Oduduwa tie which binds them together.

...in essence, whether they make alliance ir not, my contrasting point here is the bone of contention, crude oil, is why Southerners are so sharply divided, & things wont work out as you think, especially with Ijaws!!!
I believe the rights of the ordinary igbo man will be better served in an igbo nation and not what we are seeing in this contraption called Nigeria.If the elements in the south/south want to join their bigger neighbours or stand alone they can always come to a referendum just like Scotland/South Sudan and decide their future.Shikena.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
huptin: while it is indeed true that the SS and SE are the people who are most vocal about separation, the SW have proven time and again that they are the most prepared for such eventuality. They hardly leave their region and the pan yoruba spirit is quite strong. The yorubas are only wise enough to realise that going it alone is very risky and complex. i am 100% sure that a yoruba man will not raise a finger to stop the disintegration of this nation called Nigeria. Our support for one Nigeria has inflicted pains and misery on our people.

God bless you my bro.

Igbos count our silence on Nigeria's separation as we not supporting any dosintegration, whereas , they dont know how risky & dangerous it is for us been involved in such actions.
They fail to realise that even we Yorubas want d demise of this "mere geographical expression" MORE than they even do!!!

2 Likes

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
When I see comments like this

It just tells me that even though I dont like Jonathan Goodluck I owe myself a duty to vote for him
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
ichidodo: I believe the rights of the ordinary igbo man will be better served in an igbo nation and not what we are seeing in this contraption called Nigeria.If the elements in the south/south want to join their bigger neighbours or stand alone they can always come to a referendum just like Scotland/South Sudan and decide their future.Shikena.

Of course! Referendum.

but tell me, wat sort of referendum was used by majority Ibos prior to d war when other minorities were been coersed into d one "eastern Nigeria" bond (not region dis time)?....

So u want all SS to yourselves while other Nigerian tribes have no stakes with them right?...

Look bro, everyone wants wats good for himself. As much as u think u can "force" SSers into ur brotherhood is also as much as other tribes think they can as well progress with SSers !!

...so whats the fuss about SS/SE thing?
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by DerideGull(m): 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
Idoma Likita:
Wirinet, You are the most Pragmatic person here!

1. An SNC is good!
2. A Confederacy is Excellent
3. Division will only favour the 3 Major Ethnic Groups whom will use their Numerical Strength To Annihilate Smaller Tribes!

1700 till datesadWhat is the fate of millions of non-hausa speakers in the North Today?)

Biafra:1967-1969(wat was the lot of the Wawa in Enugu North & the peoples of the Midwest?)

All over the World, Minority Nations are Protesting the cultural, religious, and physical annihilation of their people by Numerically Stronger Nations:

China: Tibetans & Uygurs are being Decimated by Han Chinese

Romania: Gypsies are endangered Species

Turkey: Kurdish Suppression

Israel: Non-Ashkenazi Jews have no say!

Australia: Aborigines are worse than Vermin

I shall not be alive to watch my Children suffer discrimination just because they were born to parents whose parents were born to parents that spoke a tongue different from the majority!

I shall fight for the Unity of this Country, not because I enjoy the present Status quo, but because I know the Sequelae of Division!

Happy Sunday, Resilient NIGERIANS!

From reading the above post, it is safe to say you reasoned like an ordinary typical Nigerian who would want to drive the latest cars yet no roads in Nigeria. May I ask which unity you want to fight for country? There is no bases for unity you spoke about in Nigeria because according to you, there are many nationalities that were idiotically lumped together by colonialist interests.

You do not need to worry about being subjugated by a majority that speaks Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo because there should be a country with only Idoma people as its inhabitants. Unless you are sickly doubtful about the ability of Idoma people to stand and be able to build their county.

I can assure you that Republic of Igbo land will not annex Idoma land rather will come to the defense of Idoma Republic if attacked by other imaging nation states from the rubbles of disintegrated Nigeria.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Waspy(m): 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
These Easterners don't seem to know where they belong. From the foregoing, maybe the jingoistic, paranoid, narscistic,bigotted Igbo e-'tribal-activist' especially the ones on NL, will become aware of their cultural identity and cultural esteem. They are always quick to lay claims to presumed favourable alliances and relationships.

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by DerideGull(m): 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
speshsworld: The National Coordinator of the Coalition of Northern Politicians, Academics, Professionals and Businessmen, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, has criticised the call for a sovereign national conference, saying the proponents of the conference are asking for another civil war.

In an interview with SUNDAY PUNCH, Mohammed said the conference would not solve the problems of corruption, illiteracy and poverty facing the country and noted that such national conferences had yielded negative results in countries such as Niger Republic, Benin Republic, Rwanda, and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

He said, “The most spectacular failure of the national conference system is that of DR Congo. DR Congo is a big country with big problems. It’s a classical example of what you call a failed state. They held a sovereign national conference with so much fanfare. At the end of the day, what they had was not only a coup but a revolution.

“So, I have news for those who believe national conference is the panacea for the problems of Nigeria. Most of the problems of Nigeria today are contextual problems. The sovereign national conference in Nigeria will not solve the problems of corruption, illiteracy and poverty. It will not give an honest and realistic government and it will not give a sincere and responsible revenue allocation formula. These are the problems of Nigeria.

“No country, so far, has disintegrated peacefully. What they are asking or demanding is that we go through another civil war. If they want that, they are more than welcome. But they should be man enough to come out and say we want to disintegrate this country and we are prepared for the consequences. The first consequence is war; the second is the attendant consequences of war. We don’t have anything to fear.”

Mohammed argued that the North had far more advantage over the South, when it comes to war, stating that any set of people who attempt to disintegrate the country would be crushed in the way of Biafra.

“The last time the Igbo carried out their own coup, in which they killed people from other ethnic groups and there was retaliation and they started talking about war, we had war. Who lost? They did.

Over one million lives were lost and over 90 per cent of them were Igbo. And the people who instigated the Igbo to go to war were Lagosians. When they took up the challenge, these people withdrew from them. If they want that now, I wish them good luck” he said.

Read more http://www.speshsworld.com/2013/09/supporters-snc-asking-civil-war/

Let me tell Dr. Junaid Mohammed that his attempt to use threat of civil war to blackmail the call for a sovereign national conference in Nigeria is an effort in futility. Nigeria had civil war once and any idea to have second round to finally conclude the war is as good as man-made.

It good to note that Mallam Junaid Mohammed acknowledged Nigeria’s problems are mainly contextual. The backbone of Nigeria’s problem is lack of patriotic unity. Many years ago, a prominent Nigerian once declared “Nigeria is a mere geographical expression” and today, nothing has changed.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
If the SS/SE alliance isnt a MYTH! ,why cant we have a SNC RIGHT now?

this 2 groups are the head of:

Army
Navy
Federal Govt
Petroleum ministry

If Jonathan really cares about his people
What are they waiting for right now?
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by IdomaLikita: 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
DerideGull:

From reading the above post, it is safe to say you reasoned like an ordinary typical Nigerian who would want to drive the latest cars yet no roads in Nigeria. May I ask which unity you want to fight for country? There is no bases for unity you spoke about in Nigeria because according to you, there are many nationalities that were idiotically lumped together by colonialist interests.

You do not need to worry about being subjugated by a majority that speaks Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo because there should be a country with only Idoma people as its inhabitants. Unless you are sickly doubtful about the ability of Idoma people to stand and be able to build their county.

I can assure you that Republic of Igbo land will not annex Idoma land rather will come to the defense of Idoma Republic if attacked by other imaging nation states from the rubbles of disintegrated Nigeria.

The Same Way South Sudan has Come to the Aid of People in Darfur abi?

Same way Croatia is protecting Kosovo abi?

Same way Pakistan is protecting Kashmir abi?

I admire your Generosity Sir, but No thanks!

A lot of Countries are "Lumped" together in similar fashion as Nigeria, yet have moved Forward (Switzerland(French,Swiss, Italians, Germans), Canada(French & Brits), Tanzania(Arabs, Zanzibari,etc), India(Hindi,Tamil,Muslims,Punjabi, etc),Ghana(Ashante & Fante amalgamation),Kenya(Kalenjin, Oromo, Massai, etc),South Africa(White, Blacks, Indians)
It is Only in Nigeria that we Attribute Collective failure to Amalgamation and I find it quite abhorrent that instead of accepting responsibility,we choose to trade blames!

Is Amalgamation responsible for the Failure of T.A Orji's Administration? (I've been to Abia several times)

Is Almagamation responsible for the Dismal Performance of My Governor?

Is Amalgamation responsible for Poverty in the North?

Goodluck Jonathan is at the Helm of Affairs and He is a Southerner, He has Every Opportunity to Entrench TRUE FEDERALISM which we all seek if he is passionate about it!

But Hey! 6yrs into his Government, The North is still Messed Up(Not His Fault Though), The East still complains of Marginalization, The Niger Delta's still the most Polluted Place in the World!

Only the SouthWest and a Few Governors in the North, and SS have been able to Deliver to their People!

Corruption does not have a Language of its own, Neither does Injustice prefer a particular ethnicity!

My Zamfara Gateman Hates his Governor as much as Abia Mechanic hates His!
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by AnanseK(m): 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
speshsworld: Crazy request it is. I don't know why the north is running away from the SNC. undecided

SNC will not solve anything. It's better to divide the country amicably. North for Northerners and South for Southerners.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South African Female House Thief Stripped And Disgraced By Victim’s Mum And Daug / Why ECOWAS Silence After IBB Truncated Abiola Presidency? / BREAKING: Nine Top Firs Officials Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.