Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ (3917 Views)

Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by pandriod: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
Idoma Likita:

The Same Way South Sudan has Come to the Aid of People in Darfur abi?

Same way Croatia is protecting Kosovo abi?

Same way Pakistan is protecting Kashmir abi?

I admire your Generosity Sir, but No thanks!

A lot of Countries are "Lumped" together in similar fashion as Nigeria, yet have moved Forward (Switzerland(French,Swiss, Italians, Germans), Canada(French & Brits), Tanzania(Arabs, Zanzibari,etc), India(Hindi,Tamil,Muslims,Punjabi, etc),Ghana(Ashante & Fante amalgamation),Kenya(Kalenjin, Oromo, Massai, etc),South Africa(White, Blacks, Indians)
It is Only in Nigeria that we Attribute Collective failure to Amalgamation and I find it quite abhorrent that instead of accepting responsibility,we choose to trade blames!

Is Amalgamation responsible for the Failure of T.A Orji's Administration? (I've been to Abia several times)

Is Almagamation responsible for the Dismal Performance of My Governor?

Is Amalgamation responsible for Poverty in the North?

Goodluck Jonathan is at the Helm of Affairs and He is a Southerner, He has Every Opportunity to Entrench TRUE FEDERALISM which we all seek if he is passionate about it!

But Hey! 6yrs into his Government, The North is still Messed Up(Not His Fault Though), The East still complains of Marginalization, The Niger Delta's still the most Polluted Place in the World!

Only the SouthWest and a Few Governors in the North, and SS have been able to Deliver to their People!

Corruption does not have a Language of its own, Neither does Injustice prefer a particular ethnicity!

My Zamfara Gateman Hates his Governor as much as Abia Mechanic hates His!

Alj Harem is that you?
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by basilo101: 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hehehe, once more d betrayers were exposed. It cnt hapn again one naija 4 life. SS talking shit, ur oil is our national moi moi. North wil wipe ur ass and SW wil help dem kik joe out. GDP my foot! Igboland remains d region wit least poverty among d masses, evn if d states r poor, it has no effect on d masses cos we aint lazy lyk u.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by IdomaLikita: 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2013
pandriod:

Alj Harem is that you?

No Sir....I'm a Newbie in Politics Section trying to Carve out a Niche for Myself Sir!
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by aljharem(m): 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
wirnet and Idoma Likita. A big thank you, I have followed your line of argument from the inception of this thread and all I can say is that you 2 are wise. My Igbo brothers can be quite naive and myopic at times as they cannot view the future, this might be attributed to their lack of centralised government thus they lack political vision and how to relate with people.

To them life in Nigeria is all about MAJORITY AND MINORITY aka winner takes it all mentality forgetting that one needs to be diplomatic in one's dealing.

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by IGBOSON1: 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
Anyone notice a common theme/style in the line of thought and writing style of all these 'one Nigeria come hell or high water'.....these 'Igbos are trying to grab our oyel'.......these 'i'd rather die in Nigeria as-is than forge a common front with Igbos to force the hand of the born-to-rule jihadists'......anyone notice a common theme with all of them? wink

I'm on my phone or else i would have indulged one or two of these despicable scum! smiley
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by aljharem(m): 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
pandriod:

Alj Harem is that you?
IGBO-SON:
Anyone notice a common theme/style in the line of thought and writing style of all these 'one Nigeria come hell or high water'.....these 'Igbos are trying to grab our oyel'.......these 'i'd rather die in Nigeria as-is than forge a common front with Igbos to force the hand of the born-to-rule jihadists'......anyone notice a common theme with all of them? wink

I'm on my phone or else i would have indulged one or two of these despicable scum! smiley

I can't help but laugh at you 2. Again self deceit is the worst things one can do himself
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
If it is so difficult drawing lines in d south why don't we split to north $ south Nigeria? I'm nt for division though.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by ShineIt: 7:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
The earlier we separate the better and I know the North will do jack if GEJ were to announce a republic of SS tomorrow.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
What really annoys me is as soon as you say SNC or Referendum; the North gets defensive. Unfortunately even the educated among them.

Nigeria as it is currently constituted is not working.

Nigeria does not have to split. There is something called devolution, there is something called confedracy. all of these could be achieved within a United Nigeria.

The essence of the SNC could even be a discussion of the structure of Government itself and reducing the levels of Government involved thereby reducing cost of Governance which is already crippling Nigeria.

To be honest I am personally tired of this backwardness from Northerners. Left to me I will ignore this people and focus all efforts to developing the South. So long as there is no war in Nigeria, the South of Nigeria will continue to make progress whether the Government in Abuja is successful or not. Ignore this people, someday they will wake up and plead for Nigeria to be re-structured.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by meccuno: 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
So once a situation doesn't favour you, the best one can do is to threaten people with war? Most people who talk about war are people who would not have experienced it......the fact remains that Nigeria needs re-structuring.....we can't continue to operate like a banAna republic....... undecided
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
and to be honest let Jonathan remain President until 2019

I am now voting for him in 2015

Nigeria is wonderful as it is, let us all learn to love it
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
huptin: while it is indeed true that the SS and SE are the people who are most vocal about separation, the SW have proven time and again that they are the most prepared for such eventuality. They hardly leave their region and the pan yoruba spirit is quite strong. The yorubas are only wise enough to realise that going it alone is very risky and complex. i am 100% sure that a yoruba man will not raise a finger to stop the disintegration of this nation called Nigeria. Our support for one Nigeria has inflicted pains and misery on our people.
you just confirmed Odua's second name and what other Nigerians know the SW as, as confirmed by junaid mohammed (cowards)... You want disintegration yet u cant do anything about it but to wait for others to lead only for u to betray them at the most critical moment of the struggle.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by lotannam: 7:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ndigbo have done their bit, they should allow others to lead the way one way or the other. We have paid enough price. Let us sit on the fence for once and join the winning side at the right time. Let us be the vulture this time
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by meccuno: 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
pandriod:

For a start can you stop putting ss and se together? You even have the audacity to call other people lazy when in actual sense you ibos are the parasites. Show me one thing the ibos or se are contributing to this country. How much in revenue is the whole se contributing to federation accounts on monthly basis? less than 10 billion naira while sw contributes something in neighbourhood of 200 billion naira, after ss and you call others parasites.CAN THE IBOS SURVIVE A MONTH WITHOUT OIL REVENUE?

Last year alone, revenues from cocoa stood at a billion dollars. CAN YOU SHOW ME ANYTHING FROM S E THAT RIVALED THAT?
sorry to say this to your face,I don't think that there is any state apart from lagos that can stay or survive alone without federal allocation....and for igbos being parasites,I don't know where you got that notion from.....if the war that happened ,was staged in the west,I doubt if you would have been able to survive......with sheer determination and being industrious,they clawed their way back to reckoning....they did it without the so called federal allocation.....the SE has 3 oil producing states.....the south east are technologically advanced more than any other region.....when it comes to manufacturing and creating,they are there.......majority of importation are done by the igbos......there is no sector of the economy that you will not find an igbo man succEding......that is why we are indespensible....the fact is that there is no level playing field......for you to say that the south east has nothing to contribute shows how ignorant you are......mind you,the Nigerian economy is run with OIL and not with cocoa.....don't be ignorant.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by meccuno: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
lotannam: Ndigbo have done their bit, they should allow others to lead the way one way or the other. We have paid enough price. Let us sit on the fence for once and join the winning side at the right time. Let us be the vulture this time
believe it or not,the blood of very innocent igbos where shed for the sake of Nigeria.and I think its a great disrespect for other tribes to treat us like second class citizens.....what ojukwu saw was basically the domination of the fulanis and the new version of colonialism.....but most people don't see it that way.....how do you expect the igbos to be active in the struggle of one Nigeria,when you are hated by the same tribe you claim to belong with as a nation......no igbo man would engage in any battle unless he stands to benefit.....and if it comes to that,its to your tents oh israel....and at the end of the day,it would be..."We told you so"

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by DerideGull(m): 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
Idoma Likita:

The Same Way South Sudan has Come to the Aid of People in Darfur abi?

Same way Croatia is protecting Kosovo abi?

Same way Pakistan is protecting Kashmir abi?

I admire your Generosity Sir, but No thanks!

A lot of Countries are "Lumped" together in similar fashion as Nigeria, yet have moved Forward (Switzerland(French,Swiss, Italians, Germans), Canada(French & Brits), Tanzania(Arabs, Zanzibari,etc), India(Hindi,Tamil,Muslims,Punjabi, etc),Ghana(Ashante & Fante amalgamation),Kenya(Kalenjin, Oromo, Massai, etc),South Africa(White, Blacks, Indians)
It is Only in Nigeria that we Attribute Collective failure to Amalgamation and I find it quite abhorrent that instead of accepting responsibility,we choose to trade blames!

Is Amalgamation responsible for the Failure of T.A Orji's Administration? (I've been to Abia several times)

Is Almagamation responsible for the Dismal Performance of My Governor?

Is Amalgamation responsible for Poverty in the North?

Goodluck Jonathan is at the Helm of Affairs and He is a Southerner, He has Every Opportunity to Entrench TRUE FEDERALISM which we all seek if he is passionate about it!

But Hey! 6yrs into his Government, The North is still Messed Up(Not His Fault Though), The East still complains of Marginalization, The Niger Delta's still the most Polluted Place in the World!

Only the SouthWest and a Few Governors in the North, and SS have been able to Deliver to their People!

Corruption does not have a Language of its own, Neither does Injustice prefer a particular ethnicity!

My Zamfara Gateman Hates his Governor as much as Abia Mechanic hates His!

This sentence, “Only the SouthWest and a Few Governors in the North, and SS have been able to Deliver to their People!” exposed the premise of your argument which is woefully flawed.

Ndigbo have no intention to invite Idoma people to form a country. You have every right to stay in Nigeria but such pedigree to say that Ndigbo had no right to form Republic of Igbo land or breakaway from cesspit called Nigeria.

It is plain idiocy to think the economic woes, if any, in Igbo land started as a result of maladministration under GEJ or T O Orji. It is rather silly to insinuate that a gate man in Zamfara will react to injustices in the same manner as a mechanic in Abia does.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by AnanseK(m): 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
mikeansy: What really annoys me is as soon as you say SNC or Referendum; the North gets defensive. Unfortunately even the educated among them.
Nigeria as it is currently constituted is not working.
Nigeria does not have to split. There is something called devolution, there is something called confedracy. all of these could be achieved within a United Nigeria.
The essence of the SNC could even be a discussion of the structure of Government itself and reducing the levels of Government involved thereby reducing cost of Governance which is already crippling Nigeria.
To be honest I am personally tired of this backwardness from Northerners. Left to me I will ignore this people and focus all efforts to developing the South. So long as there is no war in Nigeria, the South of Nigeria will continue to make progress whether the Government in Abuja is successful or not. Ignore this people, someday they will wake up and plead for Nigeria to be re-structured.

Structure is never a problem. The north can develop when we take our own destiny in our hands. Separation is the best answer , I pray that my fellow northerners would understand that. We don't need to be together as one country.we can just be neighbors.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by chiz4jc(m): 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
every body is so quick to attack the ibgo's even when the truthis glaring, Nigeria as it stands today is not working, employment into any federal parastatal is till very tribalised, sentiments of the average nigerian is first tribalised, i grew up in benue state as an ibo boy and learnt very early in life that being an ibo person living outside the south east is a great disdvantage, yet we trive to the bbest of our ability, i dont wish for the break up of Nigeria, but if that will make things better for the average person, then it should be considered, why the sever phobia for break up?
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by atlwireles: 2:43am On Sep 23, 2013
wirinet:

I am full blooded Itsekiri from koko. The way the igbos make decisions and assumptions for others is annoying. They will tell you SS will do this, Middle belt will vote this, Southern Kaduna will support that, but they will not quote one leader from that group to support their assertions.

You are from koko not warri and please you are a Yorubaman, as we say in delta you will be allowed to join your yoruba people in the southwest. We know ourselves in Warri.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by dayokanu(m): 3:09am On Sep 23, 2013
Some people always trying to reap from where they didnt sow, When Jonathan was in aprons under Turai we know those who went to protest, Where were the Ibos then? Hiding as usual

These are the people who went to Jonathan to push for SNC, Where is the Ibo man?

Leaders of the South West and South South geo-political zones had approached the President with a demand for a national dialogue, stating that the current spate of unrests in the country was a symptom of a “unitary Constitution foisted on Nigerian”.

Earlier, [size=14pt]Chief Edwin Clark and Bishop Bolanle Gbonigi, leaders of the delegation of South-South and South-West elders respectively[/size], had presented a communiqué from a meeting held by the two groups on January 21, 2012 at Ikenne, Ogun State.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/%E2%80%98no-need-sovereign-national-conference%E2%80%99-%E2%80%93-jonathan
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 3:36am On Sep 23, 2013
wirinet:

Sorry to say, you need to spend money on more qualitative education. How you equate a national conference to seperation beats me.

I honestly do not know when this SS/SE nonsense started. I am a core niger delta citizen from warri, and I am not aware of any SS/SE alliance. Then it smacks of mischief to say that SS are hungary to seperate from one nigeria. Please name the SS personalities or ethnic groups agitating for separation. it is your perogative to fight for seperation of your own people but it is criminal to drag others along with you without their consent.

Lmao I was about to ask him the same thing: "What is this SS you speak of?"
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 23, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^So let's put the ball in your court: what do you want to see happen? And why does a synergy of efforts between SE and SS rile you up so?

Dude, dont you get it?! He says they dont want a forced alliance with the South East. Ahan, na by force?
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 3:52am On Sep 23, 2013
DerideGull:

I can assure you that Republic of Igbo land will not annex Idoma land rather will come to the defense of Idoma Republic if attacked by other imaging nation states from the rubbles of disintegrated Nigeria.

Lmaooooo This guy.....

smh
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 23, 2013
basilo101: Hehehe, once more d betrayers were exposed. It cnt hapn again one naija 4 life. SS talking shit, ur oil is our national moi moi. North wil wipe ur ass and SW wil help dem kik joe out. GDP my foot! Igboland remains d region wit least poverty among d masses, evn if d states r poor, it has no effect on d masses cos we aint lazy lyk u.

Now that they say they dont want a forced alliance, theyve become "betrayers" just like the Yorubas of yore were "Saboteurs", abi?
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by 9javoice1(m): 5:50am On Sep 25, 2013
Idoma Likita:
Wirinet, You are the most Pragmatic person here!

1. An SNC is good!
2. A Confederacy is Excellent
3. Division will only favour the 3 Major Ethnic Groups whom will use their Numerical Strength To Annihilate Smaller Tribes!

1700 till datesadWhat is the fate of millions of non-hausa speakers in the North Today?)

Biafra:1967-1969(wat was the lot of the Wawa in Enugu North & the peoples of the Midwest?)

All over the World, Minority Nations are Protesting the cultural, religious, and physical annihilation of their people by Numerically Stronger Nations:

China: Tibetans & Uygurs are being Decimated by Han Chinese

Romania: Gypsies are endangered Species

Turkey: Kurdish Suppression

Israel: Non-Ashkenazi Jews have no say!

Australia: Aborigines are worse than Vermin

I shall not be alive to watch my Children suffer discrimination just because they were born to parents whose parents were born to parents that spoke a tongue different from the majority!

I shall fight for the Unity of this Country, not because I enjoy the present Status quo, but because I know the Sequelae of Division!

Happy Sunday, Resilient NIGERIANS!

firstly you are an imposter typical fulani trying to use idoma as coverup.

the wawa people you talk about are the ones with so many political offices in ibo national slots.
Example: ken nnamani, nwodo,gov chime, ike ekweremmadu etc.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chronology Of The Niger Delta Struggle Since Late 1930 / My View On Europe And The Syrian Migrants / Don

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.