Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service (12447 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Pastor Adeboye And Wife Sitting At A Meeting / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
People at d bak are those that make tinz happen. They are well blessed... No be me talk am i even hear say d first shall be d last and d last... U know d rest

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by COvo(m): 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
There's nothing wrong with it.But It's only proper that seats are occupied startin from the front seats.That's the reason why the usher asked you to seat at the front.If you enjoy seating at the back then go to church late.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
alpha conde:

What do u do with junction box

obviously charging his phone in church
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by kingjibe(m): 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
abbeyoye2001: @alfa, I guess u shld respect other peeps religion and opinion and stop saying bullshit here. Ur fellow re presently killing innocent civilians in Nairobi
gbam!!
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
bjprodint: God dey every where jare,u are only distracted at d back seat if u want to b,simple.

Exactly!
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by macdelene(m): 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
Let's be frank 80% of people sitting in d the back seat in church get get distracted from either moving made by ladies, guys or even crying babies.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by shejane: 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
It dosent mata where uar, wt ur faith God's blessings wil get 2u

Bt alwys obey d ushers cos d house of God is a place of orderlinessf

Y sit @d back wen ders space in d front?
Some lyk back seat cos of sleep, 2 press phone, 2 check out babes in d church nd 2 see d styles of dress pple wore 2 church
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nuzo1(m): 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
Reasons:

1. It gives the preacher a great sense of being in-charge. Thereby the ability to communicate effectively with the audience. Audibility and eye contact are great tools in communication.

2. It makes the church orderly and accessible. It saves the ushers and audience time and stress of "shift for me abeg". grin

3. It makes taking stocks easier.

4. Sitting at the back distracts the audience from the message. Late comers scamparing for empty front seats are most times the distractions.

I like the middle area tho', sometimes the back. undecided
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Originalsly: 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nothing wrong in sitting in the back pew....so don't be surprised that your brother can't give you an answer. What do you mean that if you sit in front the preacher gets confrontational? Hmmm....risky sitting in the front. I can understand the ushers wanting to fill from front to back to avoid distractions. When I visit a church...I sit at the back. If the preacher be preaching about tithes or fund raising...praying too long....boasting about his travels etc....p o o f .....I'm out!
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Joagbaje(m): 1:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
When you go to a church , you are to submit to the authority there. There is structure of sitting arrangement. Some churches may not be so organsied maybe due to their size so You can sit anywhere . But some other churches have to manage space well you must follow instructions of the ushers on where to park or sit
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Ninilowo(m): 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
abbeyoye2001: @alfa, I guess u shld respect other peeps religion and opinion and stop saying bullshit here. Ur fellow re presently killing innocent civilians in Nairobi
Gbam!
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Roland17(m): 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
It's not just with church gatherings that I prefer sitting at the back, work meetings, seminars etal...it's natural instinct for me to sit behind in any gathering except I am forced to move up, but definitely not the first 5 rows, depending on the size, this does not alter my attention to whatever is being said as I am very attentive and would not be there if I don't want to.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Ninilowo(m): 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
There z nothing wrong in sitting at the back joor. If it is wrong there wouldnt be seats at the back nah.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by abbeyoye2001(m): 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
Mobsync:

I do hope you saw what someone who quoted you said about muslims and terrorism?

Fact is; you can't attack other people's religion and not get attacked in return.

I also ran through your profile and saw that almost all the topics you opened in the religiion section were to attack Christians which is very bad, yet you parade yourself an Alfa (which I doubt). Who even made you one?

Besides, all your topics and posts I viewed show that you're an extremist and I personally wouldn't be surprised when you start commiting atrocities and evil deeds under the guise of Islam.

Botton line- watch it! Respect other people's religion for them to respect yours.

And for the keeps, I'm also a muslim like you.

So back to the question; it's just that people have attributed (deliberate) sitting at the back in all places (classrooms, meetings, religious places etc) to unseriousness but in my humble opinion, if people are not to sit at the back then there wouldn't be chairs there.
thank u very much for d advice to that extremist. That's why we kill ourself all in d name of religion. We shld learn to appreciate each other.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by rhames(m): 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
Backbenchers
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by 4reigningqueen: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2013
alpha conde:

Well I asked but he didn't tell me. For me staying at the back is just cool that's where I don't even get distracted. Staying in front makes the preacher confrontational.

Now you are talking. Check your concience bro.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by 4reigningqueen: 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
Brimmie: [size=16]There's nothing wrong with that.. As long as i am close to the Junction Box. undecided undecided

You can aswell spy and scan around, check out some new folks in church. tongue tongue
[/size]

you meant SOCKET right?
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by 4reigningqueen: 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
kapable75: I lik d bak seats very wella cos there is always electricity there. *unplugs fone*

So electricity is "caged" at the back in your church. Who did the wiring of your church?
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Agrika: 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
Im an extremely private and self-conscious person whenever i sit in the front i feel as though the whole church is staring at me and trust me they are, my height,bulk and complexion fails to even help matters...thats why i prefer staying at the back i.e the last sit to be precise sef....its more "obscure"
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Sirtondy: 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
i love to seat at the front always
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
My church does not have a back
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Zukoslim(m): 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
@Stardragon.devil dey attend church...sum pple wu dnt lyk attention do sit at d back,bt as 4 dos dat ar fond of it..na slipin zone o,eyein zone, b dat o
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by emmabest2000(m): 2:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by dhtml4: 3:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
Brimmie: [size=16]There's nothing wrong with that.. As long as i am close to the Junction Box. undecided undecided

You can aswell spy and scan around, check out some new folks in church. tongue tongue
[/size]
AMADIOHA FIRE YOUR HEAD! SOOO YOU ONLY GO TO CHURCH BECAUSE OF LIGHT?
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Richy4(m): 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
There is nothing wrong with sitting at the back. as a host(usher) in the Church, we are always told to fill in the front seats. so that those that came late will not disturb those in front who are concentrating with the service.

Also if the church is been captured on video, and a lot of people are sitting at the back. it will make the church look scanty. numerous empty seats will be captured which is not good. but there is nothing morally wrong with sitting at the back. wink

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by topsy1971: 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
@OP, what is wrong with sitting at the back of aircraft or train or long bus. Are you not going to get to your destination, irrespective of where you sit? What of people who don't even have space to sit in the church but watch church proceeding from televisions outside the church?
The mind is the key here.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by DonTim1: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
church,office meetings, conferences , whatever, wherever, backseat it is.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
In my church, back seat is meant for only those on suspension because during suspension they are not to mix with other members of the church.

My church is also arranged in a way that ALL teenagers seat at the front. They have never tried seating at the back anyway. The youths seat at the back of the teenagers and the married peeps seat at the back of the youths. Its just an unspoken rule. Visitors have special seats reserved for them.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by nneh1(f): 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
alpha conde:
Personally I prefer sitting on the last bench at the back of the church and for me its perfect. But recently I visited another church, I attempted to grab a sit behind like I always do in my church, but the usher resisted it and insisted I must move forward. Now this was the first time I was feeling uneasy in the church. When I complained to my brother, he said it was wrong sitting at the back of the church. Now can anyone tell me what's really wrong with sitting behind in the churc
first of all what's wrong in sitting in front that made you feel so uneasy?
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
As an Anglican and a good observer, most of the people sitting at the back seats in Anglican Churches are pure 'Church Politicians'. These sets of people only go to church to discuss the income and expenditure of the church. They go to church to look at new faces in church and at d same time, they are always the one who comes to church with their daily newspapers.

How can a sane person be reading a newspaper in the church when the sermon is going on? And the funniest part of this is that if the pastor exceeds 10minutes of sermon, u will easilly identify them with their frowning and disgusting faces.

For all I know, those peeps sitting at d back in my church are gossipers and those who loves sleeping in church. The only thing you will hear them saying in church is how the expenditure and income of the church were being expended and some other unscrupulous gists.........nevertheless, Anglican churches of today is a lively place to worship because of the new pastors who are taking over from the old priests. Its always fun to be. Infact, Anglican church in Nigeria is now a place where job seekers can easily get a job because almost all the rich people in Nigeria attends Anglican church irrespective of race and creed

& FROM MY EXPERIENCES ITS HYPOCRITES THAT SIT IN FRONT WHERE THEY WILL BE SEEN AS SERIOUS
WHY SHOULD A PASTOR EXCEED 10 MINUTES WHEN PREACHING, IS HE THERE TO PREACH OR MAKE A SPEECH
IN FACT I LIKE THOSE PEOPLE WHO EXPRESS THEIR DISPLEASURE UNLIKE THE PRETENDERS ( IN FRONT)
& WHATS UR BUSINESS IF SOME1 WANTS TO SLEEP IN CHURCH. THE LORD MADE THE 7TH DAY FOR PEOPLE TO REST
AND ITS EVEN PART OF THE COMMANDMENTS TO REST ON SUNDAY AND WHAT BETTER PLACE TO REST THAN IN MY FATHER'S HOUSE
IF THE CHURCHDOESNT WANT ITS BUSINESS DISCUSSED IT SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM THINGS THAT WILL BE DISCUSSED
ITS THE PEOPLE'S MONEY THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DISCUSS THE WAY ITS BEING SPENT. DONT KNOW WHATS THE MATTER WITH Y'ALL.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by lomprico(m): 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
Babzilla: @OP
BACK SEAT LOVER IN THA HOUSE YO
I LOVED IT COS IT WAS PRETTY DARK
AND I COULD SLEEP ALL I WANT WITH NO DISTURBANCE
IF I GOT LUCKY ID HAVE THE PEW 2 MASELF
STRETCH OUT AND SLEEP (SIGHS)
THE GOOD OL'DAYS
Must u go to church? Why don't u just stay @home n sleep?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! / Religion Vs Jesus Christ - Important / The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.