Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service (12453 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Pastor Adeboye And Wife Sitting At A Meeting / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by costandi(m): 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: If you stopped going to church, no fellow human would usher you and tell you where to sit. Are you a slave?
Satan Incarnate.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
You'll be at the back of the line when Jesus comes again grin lol. On a serious note though, I see nothing wrong. Personally, I dont like everyone looking at me trying to get a seat in front of the church if I dont come early. So I just take a seat at the back
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by lomprico(m): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
I don't understand wat the fuss n hullaboo about back seat! If its bad then why do churches have them
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by deebrain(m): 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
there is absolutely nothing wrong. Its merely breaking of church order if u refuse (when directed to seat at d front) and prefer to sit at the back. It has nothing to do with category of sin.
However, there is that nagging 80% chance that "determined"backbenchers (those that deliberately take a back seat) are mostly spectators and observers-many of whom come to a given service not for any relationship issue with God but to look for holes in the church to boost their critic ministries.
Pity.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by agehero13(f): 4:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
Its gud to seat @ d front, cos weneva they want to share anytn they will start from the front if u are @ d back it may not get 2u, bt i dnt seat @ back neither do i seat @ d front, i prefer seating @ the middle
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by oladapo123(m): 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
From my own point of view, the idea of sitting at the back is bad and should be discouraged because all manner of gossips usually take place at the back seat. Apart from these point, it will not look nice for the front seat to be empty while the back seat is occupied.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by 3ace(m): 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
jingoOAU: Anglican church in Nigeria is now a place where job seekers can easily get a job because almost all the rich people in Nigeria attends Anglican church irrespective of race and creed
Job seekers, what are you waiting for?
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Abrahamayeh(m): 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
alpha conde:
Personally I prefer sitting on the last bench at the back of the church and for me its perfect. But recently I visited another church, I attempted to grab a sit behind like I always do in my church, but the usher resisted it and insisted I must move forward. Now this was the first time I was feeling uneasy in the church. When I complained to my brother, he said it was wrong sitting at the back of the church. Now can anyone tell me what's really wrong with sitting behind in the church.

why u no go like sit down of back ...no be because u no get offering??
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by jascopassion(m): 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: If you stopped going to church, no fellow human would usher you and tell you where to sit. Are you a slave?
God will minister to you personally in His name soon
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by lolaxavier(m): 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
Eeeeeeh, end time question...
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 22, 2013
Thank God for science, I watch live services online, its as good as going to church or even better. From the comfort of my home I can attend 3 or 4 services in different churches using my phone. But when i go to church physically, I sit anywhere. The word is still d same what ever angle in the church you choose to sit to listen to it from. We are at d last stages, The ONE is coming, spread the word, ETT baby!!!
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Revolva(m): 12:15am On Sep 23, 2013
Nigeria and church..yeye mentality..what has church done to make people rich.......now na sitting at the back..now dey trend for front page....omo me na roof i go sit infact for window....sef....nonsense angry angry angry angry
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by soulglo: 5:00am On Sep 23, 2013
Most churches do it to make sure all the gaps are filled in. Imagine a family of 6 showing up and the ushers have to spread them around because there was no order in sitting people. There could be exceptions to needing to sit at the back e.g a child that might get noisy or you might have to leave in the middle of the service. Let the usher know that and hopefully they have a solution for you
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Gudintent: 6:12am On Sep 23, 2013
I've noticed in recent months that I tend to find more church related threads on the front page on Sundays.

It just remind me of families that eat rice only on Sunday.

Do the mods here only give reference to God on Sunday's?

Hmmmm.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Romanciella(f): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2013
i rwily dnt c anytn wrng in dat..
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Gloria3389(f): 8:51am On Sep 23, 2013
probably,an antichrist?....ur advice sounds devilish
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by searay(m): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2013
Bomb is always start exploding at the back.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by YoungGame: 10:06am On Sep 23, 2013
@op, back seat is for latecomersgrin
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by dave247(m): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
@poster, i don't see anything wrong with sitting in the back.... As long as you can hear the preaching and follow up. Its all this new age churches that brought about where one should sit... Let liberty rule in God House....
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by 42ultimate(m): 5:15am On Sep 24, 2013
Nothing much is wrong with sitting at the back in the church judging from religious point of view but is about being disciplined, orderly and being a gentleman. No gentleman will cause disorder in any social gathering and in public. Not being orderly is an element of underdevelopment and it is also believed to be part of African mentality. Those that are not orderly will never join queue they rather jump queue more so, they keep African time. People like me do not have respect for such people no matter how important the person may be.
Further more, if I were to be an interviewer and we have a lot of applicants more than it is needed honestly, one of the criteria I will employ is your being time conscious, your composure, being orderly which include your manner of sitting (sitting arrangement to be specific because I will believe that back sitters are sitting at the back because they came late). I may just prepare interview for the first ten applicants and ask the rest to go back home especially when qualified candidates are among the ten. I know many we say that I am wicked, no, its not about being wicked but it is about discipline and being orderly. No disciplined person will be disorder. Look into the history of well disciplined personality across the globe and you will reason with me that orderliness is part of them.
Not only that, Jesus Christ himself showed us the importance of orderliness in the church when he entered and met people trading and selling things in the church, he had to put the church in the right order which means orderliness is part of Christianity and can not be separated.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by MatEnRiE: 8:05am On Sep 24, 2013
Why u go sit at d back wey space stil dey front I no make sense.Efrywhere fit dey scattered.Also first cm first serve,back sit are meant 4 late cmers.so wanna sit back go wen efrywhere is almost filled.Anyway I do dat smx

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession / Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be? / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.