Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Which IT Certification Do You Recommend? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which IT Certification Do You Recommend? (874 Views)

How To Pass IT Certification Exams At First Attempt - Find Valid Dumps For Free / It Certification From The British Computer Society Equivalent To Bsc From Uk / Free IT Certification Dumps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which IT Certification Do You Recommend? by Emasel(m): 12:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
I am a fresh graduate of Electrical/Electronics Engineering and I am interested in Communications.Infact I intend pursuing a career as an IT personnel(Communications) in the telecommunication industry.I will like to know which certifications are "HOTCAKE" in the telecommunications industry.I am confused whether to go for cisco certifications(CCNA,CCNP,CCSP) or microsoft cerifications(MCSA,MCSE,MCITP).
Please kindly advise.Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Which IT Certification Do You Recommend? by frekzi(m): 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
Go for Cisco
Re: Which IT Certification Do You Recommend? by Emasel(m): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
frekzi: Go for Cisco

Thanks.But please I will like u to expantiate why u recommend cisco certifications over microsoft.
Re: Which IT Certification Do You Recommend? by mikkyphp(m): 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
neither cisco nor microsoft certifications are Hot cakes in core Telecoms. Don't let anyone deceive you.
Re: Which IT Certification Do You Recommend? by tinnymerit(m): 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
go for RF best for elect.
Re: Which IT Certification Do You Recommend? by 1forall: 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
All those certs are good and would get you onto a career in IT but why not research your options and find out for yourself?

I say so because the Cisco and Microsoft tracks are in different areas of the IT field which are not exclusive of each other. People can make recommendations but you would best identify what you like when you come across it.

I would suggest narrowing your focus to either MS or Cisco depending on your area of interest in the IT field which from your post seems to be closer to the Cisco side of things.

However your research if well done should reveal to you that there telecoms is a very wide field, and there are many more certs in telecoms than Cisco as virtually every technology provider has their own set of certifications, see an alphabetical list here: https://www.nairaland.com/936273/list-all-it-certifications-1611

Which brings us back to the question: What aspect really interests you?
Re: Which IT Certification Do You Recommend? by ictacademy: 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
go for cisco
Re: Which IT Certification Do You Recommend? by Emasel(m): 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
Thanks everyone for ur recommendations and advice

1forall: All those certs are good and would get you onto a career in IT but why not research your options and find out for yourself?

I say so because the Cisco and Microsoft tracks are in different areas of the IT field which are not exclusive of each other. People can make recommendations but you would best identify what you like when you come across it.

I would suggest narrowing your focus to either MS or Cisco depending on your area of interest in the IT field which from your post seems to be closer to the Cisco side of things.

However your research if well done should reveal to you that there telecoms is a very wide field, and there are many more certs in telecoms than Cisco as virtually every technology provider has their own set of certifications, see an alphabetical list here: https://www.nairaland.com/936273/list-all-it-certifications-1611

Which brings us back to the question: What aspect really interests you?

My interest lies in Networking and Security.I guess I'll have to go with Cisco.

(1) (Reply)

Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? / 5 Basic Skills You Need To Get Your Dream Job (what Employers Want). / See What I Do With My Own God Given Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.