Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant (31520 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up / Help-how Do I Tell My Daughter That The Man She Calls Daddy Is Her Stepfather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
Really can't wait 2 hav my own daughters
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by achi4u(m): 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2013
nice one Swet jidegirltongue
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by marley145: 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2013
They will hear but they will not do it,will we force them at gunpoint to do it?
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by 4reigningqueen: 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ezy~p:
most importantly they be taught not to listen/watch musics made. from the likes of davido, wizkid etc......

Inyanya, the former iyanya was good and responsible but the present one is looking for ladys" waist, kcee, dadubule, etc
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
Keep your legs closed!

...I know she won't listen anyway.

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by presh2mos: 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nice one, atleast the ladies in here have so much to benefit from this
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
jidegirl12: 4. PRACTICAL SKILLS

I wish I'd asked my dad to show me how to do DIY! Teaching your daughter practical skills will be very useful, so that she can deal with basic household and car repairs. Make sure she knows how to cook, so that she eats a healthy diet and doesn't end up living on prepared meals.

5. BODY CONFIDENCE

Far too many girls feel that there is something wrong with their physical appearance. They find fault with every part of themselves and their negative body image affects their whole life. Show your daughter how to feel confident about her looks, and that she should be happy with what she has. She should not compare herself unfavourably to media images, or let mean comments affect her.

6. EQUAL TO MEN

Your daughter should feel that she is equal to men in every way. Whatever they do, she can do. There are no professions that are closed to her; she can be whatever she wants. She can play sports, fly a plane, and be independent. But equality goes both ways - she should also respect men as her equals

7. NOTHING COMES FREE

This is a lesson that you should teach all your children, not just girls. They should not expect anything to be given to them. Instead, they must learn to work for what they want. Too many adults expect their parents to subsidise them, sometimes to the point of thousands of dollars. It's understandable that you might want to help your children out, especially if they hit hard times, but teach them independence. Don't let them assume that they can treat you as a bank.

Parenting is definitely the hardest job you will ever do. Many think that raising girls presents more challenges, especially in these times of unspoken messages about body image. The important thing is to teach your daughter to be independent and confident.

Do you believe in the bolded?
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by AbuMikey(m): 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
angryangryangry
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by pendusky(m): 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
nice one op
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by clevop11: 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2013
True talk[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by kitakoli(m): 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
teeo: They should be taught how not to open their legs to men easily. grin
guy stop dat kind thing na, if dem no open easily how we go take reproduce?
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Freiburger(m): 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
BabaAlabi: Teach her not to think every relationship is about money!! To date a Naija girl these days is like dating a prostitute.
o boy take your time o, you know say you dey spoil market. grin
Sad but a plain truth.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by kadman(m): 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Great post!

OP was it this thread that inspired your write up? For Abused Wives & Girlfriends Only - Family (https://www.nairaland.com/1444825/abused-wives-girlfriends-only/27#18313085)

Because a lot of us were just talking about all you just said. Brilliant !
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by 50calibre(m): 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
Wu Zetian: First step into teaching most of your bullet points is eradicating gender role.

Is that so! So you wouldn't have problems providing for your family, while your husband babysits the kids at home?

You wouldn't have problems fixing the car, while your husband cooks or takes care of himself?
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by chucky234(m): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
BabaAlabi: Teach her not to think every relationship is about money!! To date a Naija girl these days is like dating a prostitute.
Every one of them is a potential prostitute,each one is a suspect.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by 50calibre(m): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
bukatyne:

Do you believe in the bolded?

The bolded is a myth. Anybody can believe whatever they like, no woman is equal to a man, no woman!

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
Tell her never take relationship advice from single whores
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by write2obi(m): 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
Jayses: J
this guy go just dey write J for every post, you be winch?
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by write2obi(m): 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
jidegirl12:
7. NOTHING COMES FREE
Asin Money for hand, back for ground? Ok nice
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
50calibre:

The bolded is a myth. Anybody can believe whatever they like, no woman is equal to a man, no woman!

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by kadman(m): 4:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
chucky234: Every one of them is a potential prostitute,each one is a suspect.

Including your mother, sisters and neices?

I mean no offence but I'm just curious about your thought process and would like your answer. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Caspian22(m): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
10. KNOW YOUR SELLING POINT[b][/b]

errrrh notin 2 say jus know it!:-#
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
It is not enough to teach them, our lives must portray what we are teaching them.

The relationship between parents also goes a very long way to impart these kids. Imagine a family where the husband beats his wife or cheats on her still teaching his females about self esteem. undecided

Some parents might never teach their kids on 'self esteem' but their lifestyle is enough to fill the girls up for the rest of their lives.

6 Likes

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Xano(m): 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
Thats great. Our daughters need these,among others. As regards to "EQUAL TO MEN", mothers and potential mothers,there is a fine line to this. My advice be careful,before your daughter(s) become feminist. May loose real man who would want to marry her. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by nbright: 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
@Jide and all the girls here... This question has been bothering me ever since... I've seen many quotes by girls on nairaland that a guy shows his love for a girl by buying her things... Now my question is this... How does a girl show a boy that she loves him?.. Is it by eating what he bought for her?...

4 Likes

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by nbright: 4:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
bukatyne: It is not enough to teach them, our lives must portray what we are teaching them.

The relationship between parents also goes a very long way to impart these kids. Imagine a family where the husband beats his wife or cheats on her still teaching his females about self esteem. undecided

Some parents might never teach their kids on 'self esteem' but their lifestyle is enough to fill the girls up for the rest of their lives.
What about mothers?, shouldn't they exhibit the qualities of a good/virtuos mother too?.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by ARareGem(f): 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hmmm.... smiley
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Ochanya91: 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nyc post. Thanks 4 d advise.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by solomon111(m): 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mscheww.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by omodapson(m): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
Thank you so much poster. What many ladies fail to realize these days is that the world has evolved. Gone are the days where women are expected to look up to men to get things done. Women who want such lifestyle now should be prepared to be enslaved forever. Men and women are born equal, the only difference is just in the gender.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by emmabest2000(m): 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ok
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
nbright: @Jide and all the girls here... This question has been bothering me ever since... I've seen many quotes by girls on nairaland that a guy shows his love for a girl by buying her things... Now my question is this... How does a girl show a boy that she loves him?.. Is it by eating what he bought for her?...

Lol! @ bolded.

Any lady whose only POC of love is money and gifts is a gold digger.

I will write a small epistle, please pardon me in advance.. grin

A relationship consists of a man and woman who have decided to come together as one to achieve a common purpose. This means they should have discovered what they want to do with their lives.

As individuals, they will have unique similar/different gifts that they should harness together to make each other succeed. e.g. I might like writing and my guy is a great orator. Together we can write books or give seminars in certain fields. I will do the writing while he goes to present it etc. I might be timid while he's bold and vice versa. The idea is to combine our strengths to achieve a greater goal.

Bringing it down, in a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship, they are to use their strengths to complement each other. I am good in Maths, it's my duty to teach my guy to a reasonable level. He is a walking chemist, I should have an idea of chemistry. He is patient, it should rub off me.

When I am down, he should be the first point of call and vice versa. when he has an idea, I should be his sounding board. I should be able to see what he's not seeing and give advice accordingly. he should be able to take my little idea and develop it into a big thing. He should be my greatest fan/believer and vice versa. I should be able to offer him a warm shoulder in time of pain and vice versa. We should be able to laugh and cry together.

A serious relationship you will really benefit from requires a lot of sacrifices but it is worth it.

It's well with you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South African Family Recreates Their Photo Taken In 1992, After 25 Years / I Believe My Wife Is Cheating / A Twin Lady Gives Birth To Triplets (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.