Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant (31521 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up / Help-how Do I Tell My Daughter That The Man She Calls Daddy Is Her Stepfather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
smiley
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2013
Double post.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
damiso: Very nice points...My Dad believed in every single one of those points and he seemed absurd to people at the time grin. grin

Esp about the equal to men bit though to be honest some of his behaviours like being absolutely hopeless in the kitchen and chores thereby meaning mum, helps or we the kids did all domestic chores grin grin seem kinda contradictory looking back grin grin grin

As has been said our boys also need to be included in all these life manual lessons.

As an aside jidegirl trust you to bolden point 2 and Dayokanu to say point 2 is the most important grin grin grin grin U people like money too much joor. Point 7 kinda encapsulates point 2 and so many other things, if you want something you work towards it (and my own is not just financial gains oh wink) No one owes you anything in this life, if they help fine but if not get off your butt and at least try to do it yourself.

Dami I like money oh no be lie grin grin

Whether we agree or not Money makes the world go round, most marital abuse are financial related, these girls have no morals or value anymore because of financial gain, they already have a leech mindset from ground up... gimme gimme attitude and these men take advantage of them , sebi they have nowhere to go?

Like you said too, nothing comes free,
WORK for it!

Thanks sis.
--------------

@Equality

I believe women have their limitations when it comes to physical aspect ( you won't catch me dead changing a tire grin) , but I've always said I'm yet to see any other life-goals I won't beat that man at it if I put my mind into it.( except I'm not really interested)

However, Any man that is jittery and insecure about his masculinity because I'm in the same room with him should see a shrink, I can't help them with that.

That's ^where my equality ethic comes in and ends( achievements), I respect men as the head of the household as God ordained it and I deserve respect back from them too.

A confident and well trained man with his head on his shoulder would always respect women no matter what and same respect is to be reciprocated from the lady too... There's a limit verbal abuse any good man will take from a caustic and ill mannered lady , they( men) are human too so women should stop playing the weaker sex game and smarten up.

I teach my kids there's anything they can't do if they put their mind into it and to respect other gender too because a respectful lady manages a well rounded family because trust me a man would do anything for you when you respect them but it must be earned no doubt.

but I won't encourage my daughters into dangerous tasks because I want to prove what really I am not a feminist and will and continue to denounce it from my kids mindset too.

2 Likes

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
pmc01:

This is the kind of mentality that makes the woman condemn her husband to look after their little baby and go for an owambe herself. The kind of mentality that makes a woman abandon her home to attend political rallies and late night political meetings. The kind of mentality that makes a woman leave home for 'work' before seven a.m. and return past nine p.m., while her children are fast becoming juvenile deliquents.

Please, let's get this very clearly, women can NOT be equated to men. Equity is quite different from equality. You can't equate a cat to a lion, just because they are both members of the cat family

The thread says ...

Lessons to teach your daughters that she will never forget

Papi, they are your daughters, teach them what you will
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
jidegirl12:

Dami I like money oh no be lie grin grin

Whether we agree or not Money makes the world go round, most marital abuse are financial related, these girls have no morals or value anymore because of financial gain, they already have a leech mindset from ground up... gimme gimme attitude and these men take advantage of them , sebi they have nowhere to go?

Like you said too, nothing comes free,
WORK for it!

Thanks sis.
--------------

@Equality

I believe women have their limitations when it comes to physical aspect ( you won't catch me dead changing a tire grin) , but I've always said I'm yet to see any other life-goals I won't beat that man at it if I put my mind into it.( except I'm not really interested)

However, Any man that is jittery and insecure about his masculinity because I'm in the same room with him should see a shrink, I can't help them with that

That's ^where my equality ethic comes in and ends( achievements), I respect men as the head of the household as God ordained it and I deserve respect back from them too.

A confident and well trained man with his head on his shoulder would always respect women no matter what and same respect is to be reciprocated from the lady too... There's a limit verbal abuse any good man will take from a caustic and ill mannered lady , they( men) are human too so women should stop playing the weaker sex game and smarten up.

I teach my kids there's anything they can't do if they put their mind into it and to respect other gender too because a respectful lady manages a well rounded family because trust me a man would do anything for you when you respect them but it must be earned no doubt.

{b]but I won't encourage my daughters into dangerous tasks because I want to prove what really I am not a feminist and will and continue to denounce it from my kids mindset too[/b].

You believe the bolded and you are not a feminist? Lol! you are funny grin

@ last bolded, don't confuse foolishness and lack of contentment/self esteem with feminism. Women who do not believe they are equal to men still do that. Ever heard of keeping up with the Jones or my hubby must buy George wrapper for me because Titi's husband did? Most people compete with one person or the other they think are in their league. Just how abuse has many facets, low self esteem also has many facets. The bully is as low self esteemed as the coward.

Every body have abilities to do certain things irrespective of their genders and it would be foolishness to leave what you can do perfectly to start competing with any one. It would also be foolishness for you not to do what you can because of pre-conditioned roles or abilities. If I can sing, why should I leave singing and be trying to dance like Kaffy? If I am good in writing, why should I drop my pen and force myself to act like Omotola? What if your kids were destined to be pilots or mountain rangers or generals, will you stop them because they are female? If your son is destined to be a world class chef, will you stop him because cooking is a 'female's forte'?

I have always said that the biblical meaning of headship/submission of husband/wife has nothing to do with equality or inequality. I do not know of the worldly meaning.

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
bukatyne:

You believe the bolded and you are not a feminist? Lol! you are funny grin
Believing in gender equality doesn't make one a feminist.

2 Likes

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2013
jidegirl12:

I don't think the bolded as anything to do with our conversation.

One ought to prepare for the kind of life (marriage) he/she wants before getting into it.

Have a great day cheesy
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
^^ atta girl. You have yourself thesame.

Good judgement comes from Experience...RMB
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
When did marriage and bearing children determine an individual's maturity? And you dare call my post brainless with this your market woman mentality??
Running to the mod after displaying such folly, isn't that just awesome!
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by dtemidare: 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hembelembe (how does this concern us) cheesy grin
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by ebiskem(m): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
Thanks alot for sharing
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Zeusd3(m): 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
Teach her that pleasure can is sweet but kills.....
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by MrMac10(m): 11:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
I 'm gonna give my daughter a college so she aint gonna need no Man
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 25, 2013
You dont have sex when you are ready, you have sex when you are married.please, tell your daughters that instead.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by nbright: 12:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
jidegirl: I am not a feminist and will and continue to denounce it from my kids mindset too.
@quote.... Amen to that.. I so much believed in equality and not feminism... Wish all girls reason like you do.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
nbright: @quote.... Amen to that.. I so much believed in equality and not feminism... Wish all girls reason like you do.

And what is the difference?
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by nbright: 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wu Zetian:
Believing in gender equality doesn't make one a feminist.
Most Nigerian "feminist" won't agree with you on that... A woman like Justice Mary Odili... She so much believed in gender equality but she ain't a feminist.. There are many.. But in all.. I would like the Nigerian feminist to come out of the closets they are hiding.. There is no law barring feminism in Nigeria.. They should be bold to say it to their boyfriends/fiances/ husbands or admirers...
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by nbright: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
bukatyne:

Jesus Christ!... Not you again grin
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
nbright: Jesus Christ!... Not you again grin

It 's me again

What is feminism?
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
bukatyne:

In his case, I wonder ooo.

Believing in gender equality, only exempts you from being a sexist. Because there isn't any generally accepted definition of who a feminist is, most feminists have decided to define a feminist as someone who advocates and actually takes actions/steps into fighting gender inequality.

You can't just lay in your house believing in gender equality and call yourself a feminist. Also, modern feminism focuses a little more on social equality. Marriage is a social institution so lemme touch on that. Feminist believe that a man is not automatically the head of the woman in a marriage, they do believe in freedom of choice. That is, a woman can chose to make her man the head as long as she made the choice, she can choose to become a housewife, as long as she made the choice.

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
nbright: Most Nigerian "feminist" won't agree with you on that... A woman like Justice Mary Odili... She so much believed in gender equality but she ain't a feminist.. There are many.. But in all.. I would like the Nigerian feminist to come out of the closets they are hiding.. There is no law barring feminism in Nigeria.. They should be bold to say it to their boyfriends/fiances/ husbands or admirers...
SMH...........I do believe Nigerian feminists (Chimamanda, Funmi Iyanda) are bold enough to share their beliefs to the whole goddamn world. Moreover, there are quite a number of Nigerian male feminists, so what is your point?

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by nbright: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wu Zetian:
SMH...........I do believe Nigerian feminists like Chimamanda are bold enough to share their beliefs to the whole goddamn world. Moreover, there are quite a number of Nigerian male feminists, so what is your point?
My point is... They are not been discriminated... They should just come out and say it... Chimamanda is just one lady amongst the lot.. They should come out.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wu Zetian:
In his case, I wonder ooo.

Believing in gender equality, only exempts you from being a sexist. Because there isn't any generally accepted definition of who a feminist is, most feminists have decided to definite a feminist as someone who advocates and actually takes actions/steps into fighting gender inequality.

You can't just lay in your house believing in gender equality and call yourself a feminist. Also, modern feminism focuses a little more on social equality. Marriage is a social institution so lemme touch on that. Feminist believe that a man is not automatically the head of the woman in a marriage, they do believe in freedom of choice. That is, a woman can chose to make her man the head as long as she made the choice, she can choose to become a housewife, as long as she made the choice.

If I understand the bolded, you mean someone who practices it and not just believe with mouth only

As for the second paragraph, I believe who we are would also determine our outlook to life. E.g. a Christian is a person who has accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Some believe wearing jewelry is a sin, some don't; some make up and use hair extensions; some don't etc.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by iHustle(m): 2:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
Whoever equates women to men does not love God.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
iHustle: Whoever equates women to men does not love God.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Which God are you referring to?
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
bukatyne:

You tell us the difference.
Re: Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant by bukatyne(f): 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
jidegirl12:

You tell us the difference.

Only nbright or you can do that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Believe My Wife Is Cheating / A Twin Lady Gives Birth To Triplets (Photos) / My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.