Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! (44489 Views)

Crowd At Port-Harcourt Airport To Welcome Wike From Abuja (Photos) / Results From Abuja - Vanguard / Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by matto7(m): 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
hm its only in naija we take rubbish DANA again God help our people oooo
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Princek12(m): 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
geek:

Perhaps you should try to do some research before making such bold claims:

British Airways - http://avherald.com/h?article=45c24847
American Airlines - http://avherald.com/h?article=468952bb&opt=0
Lufthansa - http://avherald.com/h?article=468d4c78&opt=0
Emirates - http://avherald.com/h?article=458dbb78/0000&opt=0
KLM - http://avherald.com/h?article=4686d5f0&opt=0
Delta - http://avherald.com/h?article=46736e7d&opt=0

All of these are from massive airlines in 'civilized countries' as you put it, where they do 'routine maintenance' and 'machines are retired'.

So now that your theory has been rubbished, what's your next worthless point?

Do you have a brain? I said that engine failure is not routine. I never said it was non existent. You have cited an incident of engine failure that has occurred in different countries. Now tell me, with your okrika brain, given the number of flights that take place in USA alone, let alone in USA and Europe combined, how have your isolated incidents made it become a routine thing for engine to fail.

Perhaps you need to check the definition of routine before you start blabbing.

Also most of your links has nothing to do with engine failure. It had to do with the pilots purposefully shutting down one engine as a precaution because of a leak or other faulty issues. It is far different from a engine failure on its own, as in an engine giving up by itself. That is a scary situation.

In the last Dana flight that crashed, both engines shut down by themselves.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
citizenisb: A passenger on the flight. The fasten seat belt sign was on for almost the whole duration of the flight with refusal to passengers to ease themselves. The ascent was laborious and the altitude was way below normal. The right engine was making a grunting noise and then about 25 minutes into the flight it stopped completely.

The engine turbine was static and only the left engine turbine was used to fly and land the plane in Lagos. Thank God it did not fail like the ill fated Dana crash were the pilot lost the second engine after deliberately flying with only one engine from Abuja.

NCAA please someone should call DANA Airline to order. For the sake of innocent Nigerians!!!

Innocent Nigerians should call themselves to order . . .
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by kolamilan(m): 12:05am On Sep 24, 2013
@ op where is the source ? nairaland admin should confirm the source before moving it to the FP.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 12:19am On Sep 24, 2013

I thought our airspace is one of the safest in Nigeria according to kabukabu airport repainting minister?

Very soon the incompetent dullard go begin cry like baby for crash site God forbid...

smh...
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 1:10am On Sep 24, 2013
agbameta:

I thought our airspace is one of the safest in Nigeria according to kabukabu airport repainting minister?

Very soon the incompetent dullard go begin cry like baby for crash site God forbid...

smh...

If I call you ewu now, they will say Manny has started, what has the news got to do with airspace safety? When your cars and trucks are faulty or breakdown on the road, does that imply that the roads are bad or unsafe? In fact, I will call you ewu Gambia. At least we have an empathetic president, and he won't be the first president to shed tears after such a mishap, so deal with it.

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 3:12am On Sep 24, 2013
manny4life:
[s]
If I call you ewu now, they will say Manny has started, what has the news got to do with airspace safety? When your cars and trucks are faulty or breakdown on the road, does that imply that the roads are bad or unsafe? In fact, I will call you ewu Gambia. At least we have an empathetic president, and he won't be the first president to shed tears after such a mishap, so deal with it.[/s]

How safe is your airspace with planes flying with single engine instead of two? What a grown asssss dummy you are...

Fvuckkkk off. You are nothing but a miserable troll to me...
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by eye4eye: 3:18am On Sep 24, 2013
agbameta:

How safe is your airspace with planes flying with single engine instead of two? What a grown ass dummy you are...

We have to start to ignore these ibos. They have been fed with loads of crap.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 3:56am On Sep 24, 2013
agbameta:

How safe is your airspace with planes flying with single engine instead of two? What a grown asssss dummy you are...

Lol, you're a fvcking idiota, AGAIN, how does an airplane flying with one engine constitute "airspace safety"? How does losing one engine constitute an airspace hazard? Your mumu-ness has reached another level, your foolishness knows no bounds. Stop exposing your ignorance everywhere, an example of airspace safety is minimum aircraft separation, OR the Extended Range Twin Operations (known as ETOPs). Contrary to you safety hazard BS, airliners that are ETOPS certified can operate up to 180mins (3hrs) to the nearest airport, meaning that it meets the guidelines for safe operation ON ONE ENGINE... Before you infect us with your mugu-ness, learn to think before you talk.

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 4:09am On Sep 24, 2013
manny4life:

[s]Lol, you're a fvcking idiota, AGAIN, how does an airplane flying with one engine constitute "airspace safety"? How does losing one engine constitute an airspace hazard? Your mumu-ness has reached another level, your foolishness knows no bounds. Stop exposing your ignorance everywhere, an example of airspace safety is minimum aircraft separation, OR the Extended Range Twin Operations (known as ETOPs). Contrary to you safety hazard BS, airliners that are ETOPS certified can operate up to 180mins (3hrs) to the nearest airport, meaning that it meets the guidelines for safe operation ON ONE ENGINE... Before you infect us with your mugu-ness, learn to think before you talk[/s].

I'm not interested in your idiotic and made up garbage.

Was the plane in question mandated to fly with one engine?

Yes or No?

Losing one engine raises safety concerns?

Yes or No?
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 4:29am On Sep 24, 2013
agbameta:

I'm not interested in your idiotic and made up garbage.

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

Lol, you have learned and now you're changing your mouth cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin... What a DUMB question, asking like I'm their flight crew. Like duh, after schooling you, you're still asking foolishh questions, most heavy Jets are ETOPS certified, thus the reason why the airplane flew for about 20mins without diverting and landed in Lagos. There's no mandatory law that says an aircraft must fly with both engines, a B747 has four engines but in cruise flight, to save fuel, pilots turn off two engines, ..So it's not longer "airspace" safety, but now "general" safety? Smh @ you, you need help. Lest you forget, your emphasis was on " AIRSPACE SAFETY", you're not getting off easy on this one, I have explained two times, it's your turn to answer...Again

[size=16pt]HOW DOES AN AIRCRAFT LOSING ONE ENGINE CONSTITUTE AN AIRSPACE SAFETY HAZARD OR CONCERN?[/size]
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 4:41am On Sep 24, 2013
manny4life:

[s]
Lol, you have learned and now you're changing your mouth cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin... What a DUMB question, asking like I'm their flight crew. Like duh, after schooling you, you're still asking foolishh questions, most heavy Jets are ETOPS certified, thus the reason why the airplane flew for about 20mins without diverting and landed in Abuja. There's no mandatory law that says an aircraft must fly with both engines, a B747 has four engines but in cruise flight, to save on fuel, pilots turn off two engines, ..So it's not longer "airspace" safety, but now "general" safety? Smh @ you, you need help. Lest you forget, your emphasis was on " AIRSPACE SAFETY", you're not going off easy on this one, I have explained two times, it's your turn to answer...Again

[size=16pt]HOW DOES AN AIRCRAFT LOSING ONE ENGINE CONSTITUTE AN AIRSPACE SAFETY HAZARD OR CONCERN?[/size][/s]

I didn't ask for your usual comedic ramblings, just answer YES OR NO like I asked..

Yes or No?

Yes or No?
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 4:44am On Sep 24, 2013
agbameta:

I didn't ask for your usual comedic ramblings, just answer YES OR NO like I asked..

Yes or No?

Losing one engine raises [size=16pt]safety [/size][/b]concerns?

[b]Yes or No?

Lol, did you say answer your question, you have to first answer based on your FALSE and mumu assertion. See below
agbameta:

[size=16pt]I thought our airspace is one of the safest in Nigeria according to kabukabu airport repainting minister? [/size]

smh...

Here is the question for you

[size=16pt]HOW DOES AN AIRCRAFT LOSING ONE ENGINE CONSTITUTE AN AIRSPACE SAFETY HAZARD OR CONCERN?[/size]
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 4:51am On Sep 24, 2013
agbameta:

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

Here is the same question for you, YES OR NO grin grin grin

Was the plane in question mandated to fly with two or more engines?

Does losing one engine raise "AIRSPACE safety concerns?
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 4:52am On Sep 24, 2013
manny4life:

Lol, did you say answer your question, you have to first answer based on your FALSE and mumu assertion. See below

Here is the question for you

[size=16pt]HOW DOES AN AIRCRAFT LOSING ONE ENGINE CONSTITUTE AN AIRSPACE SAFETY HAZARD OR CONCERN?[/size[

Because the same airline lost both engines in one of it's planes just last year and many Nigerians died. Losing one engine in another of it's planes just over a year after that sad incident shows that there are serious safety issues with this airline and they shouldn't be in our airspace.

Common sense should tell you that your airspace is not safe with one airline losing engines left and right. Scores of Nigerians died because of the same airline losing engines in our airspace.

Now, feel free to answer my questions..
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 4:54am On Sep 24, 2013
manny4life:

Here is the same question for you, YES OR NO grin grin grin

Was the plane in question mandated to fly with two or more engines?

Does losing one engine raise "AIRSPACE safety concerns?

You see why we call you manny4fool. You are tolling at your old age?

What a dumb assss..
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 5:00am On Sep 24, 2013
agbameta:

Because the same airline lost both engines in one of it's planes just last year and many Nigerians died. Losing one engine in another of it's planes just over a year after that sad incident shows that there are serious safety issues with this airline and they shouldn't be in our airspace.

Common sense should tell you that your airspace is not safe with one airline losing engines left and right. Scores of Nigerians died because of the same airline losing engines in our airspace.

Now, feel free to answer my questions..

Lol... what a lazy thought, so because Southwest Airlines had two accidents - one runway incursion and another involving collision in less than 6months, I guess that makes them A VERY BAD AIRLINE... LOL.

I doubt you even understand what airspace safety, a lot of you guys speak on shitt you know nothing about... Engine malfunctioning does not constitute an airspace safety, but a maintenance and general safety issue. Airspace safety like I explained is for instance using ETOPS, or spacing aircraft according to their flight pattern, routes, approach, etc.

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 5:01am On Sep 24, 2013
It beats me the same incompetent clowns managing the Nigeria airspace let this worthless airline fly anything in our airspace.

It's very rare for any plane to lose both engines, but it happened to this airline, now they lost another engine in one of their planes. It shows that the same mmorons beating parading around about best airspace in Africa not only slept on the job the first time this airline lost 2 engines and killed many Nigerians, they are still sleeping on the job because the same airline is still losing engines. Thank God the other engine did not give up this time

What a bunch of incompetent clowns...
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 5:01am On Sep 24, 2013
manny4life:

[s]
Lol... what a lazy thought, so because Southwest Airlines had two accidents - one runway incursion and another involving collision in less than 6months, I guess that makes them A VERY BAD AIRLINE... LOL.

I doubt you even understand what airspace safety, a lot of you guys speak on shitt you know nothing about... Engine malfunctioning does not constitute an airspace safety, but a maintenance and general safety issue. Airspace safety like I explained is for instance using ETOPS, or spacing aircraft according to their flight pattern, routes, approach, etc.[/s]

We are talking about Nigerian and the Nigerian airspace so stop acting like a rretard and stay on topic.

Why is it so hard to a a simple question?

STFU and move on if trolling is all you have to contribute..
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 5:02am On Sep 24, 2013
agbameta:

You see why we call you manny4fool. You are tolling at your old age?

What a dumb assss..

Lol

Answer the question na, you're asking me serious dumb question...

Nah, I crowned you NL certified fuctardious troll, REMEMBER? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 5:04am On Sep 24, 2013
Next time you're gonna speak on a topic, KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Maintenance issues doesn't constitute airspace safety, so SHUT THE Bleep UP.

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 5:06am On Sep 24, 2013
manny4life:

Lol

Answer the question na, you're asking me serious dumb question...

Nah, I crowned you NL certified fuctardious troll, REMEMBER? grin grin grin

Funny enough, I know you and your routine when cornered, you start trolling and acting a fool like the Many4fool that you really are..

What a worthless waste of human space..

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 5:10am On Sep 24, 2013
agbameta:

Funny enough, I know you and your routine when cornered, you start trolling and acting a fool like the Many4fool that you really are..

What a worthless waste of human space..

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

Cornered into what? I schooled you on here, you're yet to tell us

Yeah, I know with your fooolish generic response, it still did not address the issue.

I still maintain that you're a certified trolling person, that's what I crowned you cool cool

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 5:20am On Sep 24, 2013
Eko ile the person,

Even if DANA aircraft lost their engines daily (though I do not support this), how does that constitute an "airspace" safety concern?

If two airlines had a near mishap in midair, you may have a point

If an airliner disappeared off the radar, to avoid collision, that's an airspace safety concern,

If the TCAS system on airliner malfunctioned and not working, or even GPS/NAV not working, because of positioning, that's an airspace concern,

If an airliners did not meet up ETOPS criteria during an emergency, that's an airspace safety concern,

and the list continue,

Again, how does losing one engine constitute an airspace safety concern? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 5:23am On Sep 24, 2013
manny4life:

Maintenance issues doesn't constitute airspace safety.

I was going to laugh historically at this idiotic comment, buy I restrained myself because all 153 passengers on the plane operated by the same airline died because of a badly maintained airplane that our government let fellow Nigerians fly on to their deaths.

....but this mmoron and miserable piece of shit is telling me that maintenance has nothing to do with safety? How safe is a badly maintained plane or even a car, truck, train or any machine?

I know you are a fool and you are trolling, but is this dumb act intentional or you are really dumb and rretarded as labeled ?
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 5:25am On Sep 24, 2013
manny4life:

(though I do not support this)

Dumbo, you mind telling us why you are against the airline losing engines all the time especially considering that Nigerians have died due to the same airline loosing engines...
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by chalxdon(m): 5:25am On Sep 24, 2013
lawmani:

The idiots and fools mentioned in this thread are people so senseless like you who jump without looking, who commenting without thinking, do you thinking that shouting senselessly makes you more intelligent or what...idiots and fools like you who do not have anything positive to contribute should be banned from nairaland...you do not have any single knowledge of how pilots fly planes and a fool like you could not even use simple Google to educate yourself. I don’t work with Dana or any airline dude, but i know a lot about planes and engines and if u need some education please ask and it shall be given to retards like you.. Am sure you are one of those Dana hater who have never seen anything good from them..i will not join issues with a mad man/fool like you cos i don’t want to be seen as one...foolish retard.
You are joining issues already[b]
lawmani:

The idiots and fools mentioned in this thread are people so senseless like you who jump without looking, who commenting without thinking, do you thinking that shouting senselessly makes you more intelligent or what...idiots and fools like you who do not have anything positive to contribute should be banned from nairaland...you do not have any single knowledge of how pilots fly planes and a fool like you could not even use simple Google to educate yourself. I don’t work with Dana or any airline dude, but i know a lot about planes and engines and if u need some education please ask and it shall be given to retards like you.. Am sure you are one of those Dana hater who have never seen anything good from them..i will not join issues with a mad man/fool like you cos i don’t want to be seen as one...foolish retard.
You are joining issues already[/b]
lawmani:

You are joining issues already
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 5:29am On Sep 24, 2013
agbameta:

I was going to laugh historically at this idiotic comment, buy I restrained myself because all 153 passengers on the plane died because of a badly maintained airplane that our government let fellow Nigerians fly on to their deaths.

....but this mmoron and miserable piece of shit is telling me that maintenance has nothing to do with safety? How safe is a badly maintained plane or even a car, truck, train or any machine?

I know you are a fool and you are trolling, but is this dumb act intentional or you are really dumb and rretarded as labeled ?

RIP to the 153 victims of that DANA flight, peace unto them.

Now I can laugh at your dumbness and foolishness, hehehehehehe

A dumb idiota doesn't know the difference between maintenance safety and airspace safety...lol

Maintenance issues doesn't constitute airspace safety

Airspace being the keyword - Radar approach, TRACON, etc who ensure "AIRSPACE SAFETY" do not care whether you carry a rickety old aircraft, that's the job of another agency.

Eko, the master of all person, the fuctardious troll,

Again, how does losing one engine constitute "AIRSPACE" SAFETY? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 5:34am On Sep 24, 2013
agbameta:

Dumbo, you mind telling us why you are against the airline losing engines all the time especially considering that Nigerians have died due to the same airline loosing engines...

Is this your new line of attack? cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

You can't defend your gaffe so you resort to say something I never said or even stand for?

My first post called for them to be disciplined, and even went further to state that govt needs to enforce strict measures, however, I dislike it when unintelligent folks like you sell wrong and false information to people. Losing an engine does NOT constitute an "airspace safety" regardless of how many times it occurs. That is why they have ETOPS operations to absolve these kinds of issues thus making it OKAY to operate on one engine, and perfectly SAFE. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 5:47am On Sep 24, 2013
manny4life:

Is this your new line of attack? cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

You can't defend your gaffe so you resort to say something I never said or even stand for?

My first post called for them to be disciplined, and even went further to state that govt needs to enforce strict measures, however, I dislike it when unintelligent folks like you sell wrong and false information to people. Losing an engine does NOT constitute an "airspace safety" regardless of how many times it occurs. That is why they have ETOPS operations to absolve these kinds of issues thus making it OKAY to operate on one engine, and perfectly SAFE. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Is our airspace safe with passenger planes losing engines in the sky?

Yes or No?
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by manny4life(m): 5:55am On Sep 24, 2013
agbameta:

Is our airspace safe with passenger planes losing engines in the sky?

Yes or No?

Yes, our airspace is 1,000% SAFE.

Our airspace is safe because we now have better and improved radar system, weather monitoring alert system, improved radio stations, improved satellite centers, etc.

Airspace like roads are constantly monitored daily for traffic patterns, approach, weather, satellite imaging, etc so a passenger jet losing it's engines DOES NOT put the "airspace" at risk. All I have listed if goes wrong, puts the your airspace at risk and not a passenger plane losing it's engines.

I believe I have answered this question like a million times, and a brief explanation up there for you, then again, you're too dumb to reason on what I said.

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by agbameta: 5:59am On Sep 24, 2013
manny4life:

Yes, our airspace is 1,000% SAFE.

Unfortunately, it was not safe for 153 dead Nigerians.

Thanks for answering and that's it for me... Your level or thoughtlessness and retardation is very alarming. A stupid and imbecilic old man like you spewing such garbage in 2013 is an affront to humanity..

Back to topic...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Terrorists Threaten To Abduct Buhari, Flog Train Victims In Fresh Video / Eko Gold Coin: A World-class Gold Mine In Osun State (Photos) / Dogara Seeks Senate’s Approval For Removal Of IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.