Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,888 members, 7,824,709 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! (44492 Views)

Crowd At Port-Harcourt Airport To Welcome Wike From Abuja (Photos) / Results From Abuja - Vanguard / Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by citizenisb: 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dana Air flight 356 from Abuja to Lagos which landed miraculously at 7:30pm at MM2 airport Lagos after its right engine was lost mid air 30 minutes to Lagos. Luckily for the passengers the solo engine was able to manage a safe landing unlike the IJU Dana Plane which lost both engines and crashed.

It's a pity these Indians continue to play with the lives of innocent Nigerians but nemesis will catch up with them one day!!!

31 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by citizenisb: 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
To avoid the wrath of vigilant passengers who obviously saw the loss of the right turbine at the back of the plane, passengers were told to disembark from the rear of the cabin preventing contact with the cockpit to avoid further embarrassment for their callous concern over human lives.

It is only God keeping us in this country, this airline is so inhumanly and incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by babybuzx(f): 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
Abeg make dem no do oooooo. We no longer want black days on our calendar

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by econome(m): 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
Source of ur news?

I go rather go by foot than Da..Air

6 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by citizenisb: 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
A passenger on the flight. The fasten seat belt sign was on for almost the whole duration of the flight with refusal to passengers to ease themselves. The ascent was laborious and the altitude was way below normal. The right engine was making a grunting noise and then about 25 minutes into the flight it stopped completely.

The engine turbine was static and only the left engine turbine was used to fly and land the plane in Lagos. Thank God it did not fail like the ill fated Dana crash were the pilot lost the second engine after deliberately flying with only one engine from Abuja.

NCAA please someone should call DANA Airline to order. For the sake of innocent Nigerians!!!

6 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by jmaine: 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
As I dey read my body dey shake and I just dey sweat.

2 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by eyenCalabar(m): 10:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
payless: As I dey read my body dey shake and I just dey sweat.

No be small bro. Fear alone for the thing even with two working engines let alone flying with one and you are fully aware of it. But Dana flights are old nah, why do people still patronize them?

3 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2013

34 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
Are you serious?

Abeg who go buy my ticket?

Lagos to Abuja

just pay me enough money for peace mass or any kabu kabu for ojuelegba

2 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
People still de charter casket

4 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
Op how u take no all dis one? U bin board dey plane ni? Why u post am for politics section instead of travels? Why saharareporters and premium times neva carryam?

2 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nonso23: ... that pilot must be good shocked
flying at an angle in order to balance thrust and load whilst eliminating drag and still retaining straight path flight when navigation requires it also pressuring 2nd engine just right to prevent its turbine from gassing out and manipulating the spoilers enough to make turns during flight and even during landing!!!!

And this is an ordinary passenger plane not a jet bomber!! shocked

NA GOD DEY SAVE PERSON OOO
u dey show urself abi

44 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by citizenisb: 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
I was a passenger and almost a victim to the carelessness of Dana Air. The painful thing is that they will be sure that once they settle they won't even have to pay my family members compensation if they had killed me.

We live in a jungle in Nigeria. May God rescue us from all of these injustice that are perpetuated daily on hapless Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by goldfish80(m): 11:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
This is serious clearly a case of maintance failure.
Thank God the pilot was competent enough to make a safe landing.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
Tommorrow dana will relase a statement debunkiung d rumour..na so they say woman born pikin for arik wey arik say dem no no wetin dem dey talk

4 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by AnOlAd: 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hmmm please God not again oooo

3 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Osinachi101(m): 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
Tank God say d plane no crash o.... If not e 4 b anoda story!
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dana again?

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by eloride: 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
My God... and i used this airline from Lagos To Portharcourt yesterday

thank God nothing happened, FAAN chairman need to ban this the airline
cos their aircraft are old and don't have what it takes to fly

I will never use them again, make wetin happen before no happen again oooo

4 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
Really? I was on Dana 354 from Abj to Lagos this afternoon; that was a smooth flight. I hope you guys aren't trying to scare everyone away from Dana Airlines permanently.

2 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
Oh God nt again . Dana air again?

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by DrDapcee(m): 11:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
Intermediate question - why is the airline still allowed to operate by governing agencies?
Major question- why do people still patonise it
The responsibility of your life lies mostly with you and only less with the government. The choice is yours.

6 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by sonymerlot: 11:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nonso23: ... that pilot must be good shocked
flying at an angle in order to balance thrust and load whilst eliminating drag and still retaining straight path flight when navigation requires it also pressuring 2nd engine just right to prevent its turbine from gassing out and manipulating the spoilers enough to make turns during flight and even during landing!!!!

And this is an ordinary passenger plane not a jet bomber!! shocked

NA GOD DEY SAVE PERSON OOO

Google is your friend grin

4 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
Some pple go call GEJ now grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Davo93(m): 11:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
citizenisb: ...It's a pity these Indians continue to play with the lives of innocent Nigerians but nemesis will catch up with them one day!!!

What do you mean by saying the Indians? Betterstill, why don't you say DANA airline. Indians have one of the best aeronautical engineering in the world and their enginners are almost everywhere in our aviation sector with our own people that were trained over there in India.

I thank God for averting another big loss!

6 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by specialguest(f): 11:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
So Nigerians still fly Dana Coffin sad some people get mind sha..

6 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by alex406(m): 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
May God help us
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by sukanero(m): 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
bt seriously pipo stil get mind d enta dana airlines? Wel onwu n'egbu nwankita anaghi ekwe ya nu ushi nsi... bt seriously pipo stil get mind d enta dana airlines? Wel onwu n'egbu nwankita anaghi ekwe ya nu ushi nsi...

2 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Donovan: 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
If Indians can come 2 Nigeria and play wf our lives like this,I wonder why we av leaders.
Perhaps because none of them has lost any loved ones in air mishaps.
Nigeria is nothing but a laughing stock.

3 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
Bwahahahaha

Only in Nigeria will an airplane lose its engine mid-air - what a country!! grin
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by eejo(m): 11:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nigerians must you fly with DANA airplanes try other airlines

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

State By State Breakdown Of Goodluck Jonathans Achievements / "Ekweremadu Bought 2 BMWs & Got A London Flat For His Mistress"- SaharaReporters / Terrorists Threaten To Abduct Buhari, Flog Train Victims In Fresh Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.