Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! (44472 Views)

Crowd At Port-Harcourt Airport To Welcome Wike From Abuja (Photos) / Results From Abuja - Vanguard / Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by dtemidare: 7:53am On Sep 23, 2013
Nonso23: ... that pilot must be good shocked
flying at an angle in order to balance thrust and load whilst eliminating drag and still retaining straight path flight when navigation requires it also pressuring 2nd engine just right to prevent its turbine from gassing out and manipulating the spoilers enough to make turns during flight and even during landing!!!!

And this is an ordinary passenger plane not a jet bomber!! shocked

NA GOD DEY SAVE PERSON OOO

You must have a good knowledge in flight for you to have known the finesse exhibited by this exceptional pilot. This would have been another tragedy.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Kingsteve(m): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2013
DrDapcee: Intermediate question - why is the airline still allowed to operate by governing agencies?
Major question- why do people still patonise it
The responsibility of your life lies mostly with you and only less with the government. The choice is yours.

Couldn't have said it better!
Nigerians and their ignorance...ignorance really kills!
Make una keep flying Dana, stupid people!
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by nkpommpko(m): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2013
citizenisb: I was a passenger and almost a victim to the carelessness of Dana Air. The painful thing is that they will be sure that once they settle they won't even have to pay my family members compensation if they had killed me.

We live in a jungle in Nigeria. May God rescue us from all of these injustice that are perpetuated daily on hapless Nigerians.
but we as Nigerians need to fight for ourselves too, we patronizing this caskets then we keep calling God it high time we help ourselves
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2013
Lobeez:

for the type of aircraft DANA uses NO sir you can't see the engines cos they're not the typical types that are mounted on the airplane wings. Again, even if you can see the engines from the cabin, you can't see the turbines to know if they have stalled; the OP needs to get his facts right

I didn't read the OP saying he saw the engine static. I believe if you are in a plane and the passengers are instructed to fasten their seat belts and not move, if you are dumb you can sense what is wrong by the plane's motion.l and sound of the engine.

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 23, 2013
So people still fly those coffins? I blame the passengers more than the airlines. If the plane crashes, their death is on them.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by itslordmoh: 8:04am On Sep 23, 2013
Where is the OP so that he can dispel the facts laid by lobeez, lawmani, josh4ever and modash. The story doesn't actually add up. That doesn't mean I don't believe it did happen because I won't be surprised if it did, but I'm just keeping an open mind till we hear from the OP
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by babadem2much(m): 8:04am On Sep 23, 2013
see ur self, u've never gone anywhere datz Y u tink all uncertainties happen only in 9jeria, smh.

shymexx: Bwahahahaha

Only in Nigeria will an airplane lose its engine mid-air - what a country!! grin
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Areaboy2(m): 8:05am On Sep 23, 2013
flying at an angle in order to balance thrust and load whilst eliminating drag and still retaining straight path flight when navigation requires it also pressuring 2nd engine just right to prevent its turbine from gassing out and manipulating the spoilers enough to make turns during flight and even during landing!!!!

stop trying to sound clever. they are designed to fly with one engine and pilots train to land under the same condition undecided

nuff said

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Kingsteve(m): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2013
I'm still struggling to understand why some people still fly with Dana.
Is it lack of exposure, that makes them have no value for their lives?
Is it to satisfy their fantasies of travelling by air at all costs?, cos I heard that Dana is one of the cheapest.
Whatever the reason might be...it is beyond me!
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 23, 2013
citizenisb: I was a passenger and almost a victim to the carelessness of Dana Air. The painful thing is that they will be sure that once they settle they won't even have to pay my family members compensation if they had killed me.

We live in a jungle in Nigeria. May God rescue us from all of these injustice that are perpetuated daily on hapless Nigerians.

GOOD FOR YOU.

Na people like you go vote Jonathan in 2015.

Una no de hia word!!!
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by tomzman: 8:12am On Sep 23, 2013
I cant believe some people still have the mind to fly Dana air aka Dana coffin. We Nigerians are our own problem, both the govt and the people. I wonder why the airline hasn't been banned sef!
I would rather go by foot from Lagos to Abuja than fly with Dana Air.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by joelenesleek(f): 8:13am On Sep 23, 2013
DANA AIRLINE again!! I pray they don't loose the Pilot next Time,
Lord have mercy.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by BabaO2: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2013
Davo93:

What do you mean by saying the Indians? Betterstill, why don't you say DANA airline. Indians have one of the best aeronautical engineering in the world and their enginners are almost everywhere in our aviation sector with our own people that were trained over there in India.

I thank God for averting another big loss!
shut it indians apologist if you have no brain. From experience, indians dont know what they claim they know,,,, only smooth talking and shaking of head
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by KA24DETT(m): 8:15am On Sep 23, 2013
Area_boy:

stop trying to sound clever. they are designed to fly with one engine and pilots train to land under the same condition undecided

nuff said

They are designed to fly on both engines and NOT on one engine. One Engine quits working, it becomes a drag. Yes you can land on one engine and continue flight on one engine in an emergency but u have to compensate for the lack of thrust from the other engine and balance it out.
He is right.

2 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by tunde1200(m): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2013

The aircraft was designed to operate with one engine in-case of such of situations.
the engines are powerful engine to land the aircraft's.

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by favinvest: 8:24am On Sep 23, 2013
I stay close to MMA any time Dana planes take off u will knw because the sound of the engine its so loud that u will think that it wants to fall. Other planes engines are nt as loud as theirs. I think they should change their planes completely.

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Forwetinnah: 8:25am On Sep 23, 2013
DrDapcee: Intermediate question - why is the airline still allowed to operate by governing agencies?
Major question- why do people still patonise it
The responsibility of your life lies mostly with you and only less with the government. The choice is yours.

I wonder? FG should just kick those Edioots out. Using 33330th hand planes to fly Nigerians. God Help Us
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by viviane: 8:27am On Sep 23, 2013
Hmmmm I was in the said flight too....... It was just Gods grace that kept me...... I swear never to use Dana again.

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by joelenesleek(f): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2013
The only word I understand here is PILOT and I'm not even sure if it's pilot I know or PLOT. ASUU why!!!

embarassed

The only word I understand here is PILOT and I'm not even sure if its Pilot or PLOT,, ASUU why!!!
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Layolaw(f): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2013
Dana again!, God have mercy ooi
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by jabbo(m): 8:32am On Sep 23, 2013
pro01: Really? I was on Dana 354 from Abj to Lagos this afternoon; that was a smooth flight. I hope you guys aren't trying to scare everyone away from Dana Airlines permanently.

The OP posted on flight 356 and not 354. Apparently, you did not even read the post.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by viviane: 8:32am On Sep 23, 2013
MEDVIEW airlines owned by Bankole still remains the best in our domestic airlines. All it airplanes are less than 7yrs of manufacture...... Its services is fast becoming the best among best......... Pls book me medview to phc - los- Abv today.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by willibounce: 8:34am On Sep 23, 2013
Baba_O:
shut it indians apologist if you have no brain. From experience, indians dont know what they claim they know,,,, only smooth talking and shaking of head

Don't mind the idiotic goat. I am sure he is an indian. Those f--cuking smelly indians don't know jack. I hate it when they talk and shake their heads like it wants to fall. With their dirty accent. I wish I cud single handedly kiL all indians in Nigeria. They are so f--rking annoying. Don't even know how they managed to get d Dana shit back in biz. Bast--ards
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by didfy: 8:34am On Sep 23, 2013
Is there no other airport along the route to lagos.what happens to emergency land?
Thank God
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by tsharp(m): 8:34am On Sep 23, 2013
NOT CORRECT. JUST INVESTIGATED. THE AIRCRAFT THAT FLEW WITH THAT FLIGHT NUMBER IS REGISTERED 5N-JOY AND IS ALREADY FLYING THIS MORNING.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by AdaBekee1(f): 8:37am On Sep 23, 2013
I dnt knw y dat airways should still be allowed to operate here in nigeria. They dnt value lives at all. Who knows hw old d plane is
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by ikopbo(m): 8:37am On Sep 23, 2013

. Shey for ur mind u de aviation skool abi?
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Forwetinnah: 8:38am On Sep 23, 2013
Kamanda:

GOOD FOR YOU.

Na people like you go vote Jonathan in 2015.

Una no de hia word!!!

Biko look for brain put for that skull instead of the Fufu wey dey there..Na GEJ arrange the flight abi na him bring in the plane? If there's anyone to blame its the Aviation Minister, who cleared them to continue operations in Nigeria..all GEJ gets is a feedback on how these people run their Ministry, but people like you no get brain(that's why they remove them if they're found wanting). How many plane crashes happen for other people regime? You go Aso rock go drag them out? Otondo!! I bet the Sosoliso crash happened in GEjs tenure..
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by joelenesleek(f): 8:48am On Sep 23, 2013
For wetin nah?:

Biko look for brain put for that skull instead of the Fufu wey dey there..Na GEJ arrange the flight abi na him bring in the plane? If there's anyone to blame its the Aviation Minister, who cleared them to continue operations in Nigeria..all GEJ gets is a feedback on how these people run their Ministry, but people like you no get brain(that's why they remove them if they're found wanting). How many plane crashes happen for other people regime? You go Aso rock go drag them out? Otondo!! I bet the Sosoliso crash happened in GEjs tenure..
LMFSA-Laffing my Fleshy Small ass out.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by ddeola: 8:51am On Sep 23, 2013
God save Nigeria from mediocrity !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Godknows Boladei Igali Enters Keke To Tompolo Birthday Lecture In Warri / EndSARS: NANS Tells IGP To Arrest Protesters, Says Yahoo Boys Sponsoring Hoodlum / President Buhari's Visit To Lagos: The Roads Are Free!(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.