Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,256 members, 7,829,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Site Review Please - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Site Review Please (699 Views)

Colorbox / Thickbox / Critical Site Review / Website Review, Please Post A Comment / Site Review: Naija Lingo (pidgin English Dictionary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Review Please by goldenimp(m): 8:43am On Jun 24, 2008
Hi please help review my new site www.basepointconsultants.com thanks
Re: Site Review Please by yawatide(f): 12:11pm On Jun 24, 2008
Pretty good. A few pointers (I surf via firefox):

1) On contact page, there appears to be padding b/w your nav items. I assume you aren't using includes for that, in which case, it's bad that you aren't

2) contact form doesn't validate, both front and back end

3) The font is bad. Consider using arial or some other san-serif. At the very least, you could have followed the lead of http://www.basepointinternational.com/bpi/

4) On the home page, you sliced the photos of those humans such that "W" and "To" are part of it, so it looks broken. Same applies to the black background, top right. Same thing on languages page. Without viewing source, I assume tables galore. Again, why aren't you using includes?

5) "Website design by" is in red. Looks weird. Why did you choose red?

Make those changes and unless anyone else has something to say, you should be good to go.
Re: Site Review Please by goldenimp(m): 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2008
yes ma, im making the changes now
Re: Site Review Please by smartsoft(m): 8:51pm On Jun 24, 2008
well look through the image below, you should find my own verdict

Re: Site Review Please by goldenimp(m): 9:11am On Jun 25, 2008
thanks smart, i like your style of site reviews
Re: Site Review Please by origina9ja(f): 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2008
i think it pretty good
bt your colour scheme is kinda undecided undecided
Re: Site Review Please by HC: 10:58am On Jul 03, 2008
Layout

Nice concept, maybe you need to pipe-low with the buttons and use text instead. Maybe you could modify the design a little more; looks more like a handbill. I think the flash on the homepage should just be an image, the flash is kind of distracting . The phone number on the header also looks boring, you can replace with something like sitemap, live-help, in smallsized text( verdana 10px will do)

Browse Issue

I checked it on Firefox 3, there seem to be a little problem with you background images. did you define your BG. in your stylesheet? If you did, add the 'no repeat' property to your BGs.

This is just what i think, not criticising your design.

Good work and better luck.

(1) (Reply)

Any Good Web Designer In Lagos? / Newspaper Content Management System (CMS) Website / Microsoft Advert Featuring (the Real) Bill Gates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.