Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,489 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! (10301 Views)

Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment For Graduate Tellers / What Is The Salary For Marketers In Access Bank / Likely Answer To Question In Access Bank Interview. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by signature2012(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2013
@hope I respect ur courage and write up,all u av said is totally true,discrimination is just too much,we are been treated as if is not same God dat created us,MONKEY DEY WORK BABOON DEY CHOP,if not for mind of God person get,in which some support staff or TOs has it been called commit fraud by stealing the bank money,most of the work are been done by us with little pay and no allowance @ all,dey want us to dress d way dey dress with d little pay we get,very soon I see ma self writing beyond u OP very soon,working on my personal biz den I write up to finish dem beyond urs.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Travelista(f): 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
maximunimpact:

There is really no place 4 u in this world of fantasy u ar talkin abt. U ar hardworking right? I can't say u ar because u ar d one sayin it, no secondary confirmation. But even if u ar, I dnt tnk ur hardwork pays. Somtin must really be wrong somwher wit u. Wat is hardwork witout opportunity? Am sure u ar a stranger 2 dat word.

U ar so full of ursef like dat rich fool dat beliv so much in his hardwork, I tnk u may knw wat happened 2 him, and hw God reacted 2 his pride. U ar reaally riskin his fate.

Wat abt grace? Do u still knw abt dat? It is not he dat willeth, or he dat runneth, but it is God that shows mercy.

U will nva bulge because u ar so obsessed wit ur hardwork, u cudnt av knwn de hw opportunity and grace com in2 play in success.

U ask who am I? Truth is u don't knw me, n I don't brag abt my fame in a social media like u, a lot of ppl will agree wit d fact dat u av been spoon fed all ur life, I don't tnk u av eva been der on ur own, dats y u open ur gates anyhw and brag abt hardwork.

This thrend isn't 4 u, so go away to the crime and non-celebrity section, dats were u belong, or the romance section, u need it too, but just go away and stay away!

I stopped reading your post after the first sentence; whatever language you are typing, I don't understand and won't waste my time trying to decipher. I've given my advice and a lot of my opinion on the matter and it seems you want to remain in a position of servitude, screaming about the injustice of life. So be it. I wish you nothing but good luck in whatever it is you do.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Travelista(f): 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
cherieb2:

Why make it sound as if we(graduates) are at the mercy of those heartless employers. Ȋ̝̊̅ strongly believe if 60% of those going through what the op went tru are bold enof 2 take d step which he took, then these employers will have a rethink and upgrade their pay and working conditions. They need us as much as we need them, but in as much as they know there's always someone there ready 2 take over when u leave, they tend never 2 give a damn abt upgrading. If you know your worth as a graduate, you wouldnt jump at any job offering you peanut just because u are scared of being unemployed.
Let me tell you my experience with glo. Few months ago i went for an interview(Bsc holders, with minimum of second class lower, but at a time they stopped interviewing second class lower holders n said they just received a call from headquarters that they needed just 2nd class upper holders). Few days later Ȋ̝̊̅ was invited for their training. Its a sales job. After d training we were briefed on our job-going into the street and market places(under d sun n in d rain) selling and registering sim cards. Target-to sell n register atleast 24 sim cards a ϑάў n 400 or S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ a month. Commission-30k monthly.....u can imagine that! For a Bsc 2.1 holder... Is dat not an insult And the funniest thing is that they kept reminding us with smiles on their faces that there's no job anywhere n they wud advice we grab the 'opportunity'. I angrily left after telling them how cruel they were. Surprisingly, some persons still accepted the offer and are still doing that job till date, while Ȋ̝̊̅ have gotten a better job, τ̅☺ resume next month.
If we can speak, act and think like graduates(HND and Bsc alike), and not just settle for 'more than less', Ȋ̝̊̅ believe job offers will be upgraded.

You're getting there...don't ever stop. smiley YOU are the type of person I'm not speaking about: you don't need to be told you're worth more than you were offered by Glo. I've been bashed left and right in this thread because I've repeated (ad nauseum) that employers are not your friend and will never be your friends; they need you more than you need them but some want to be babysat by their bosses. Success is not always given; you almost always have to strive for it and demand it. One thing that needs to be understood is that employers (the actual business) ARE heartless because they're a thing and not a living, breathing person; every successful business wants to cut costs to keep profits high. There have to be Business majors in this thread that understand this (and if they claim to have studied business and DON'T understand this...a degree verification needs to be done).

My dear, keep striving for the stars and work hard; there is no shame in being ambitious. Some on NL believe that hard work is just talk and that luck is going to pave the way for everything; that's not so and you are additional proof of that. You took a risk and turned down a job, hit the ground running and found something better. That took work, dedication and belief in your abilities. Never forget this: the business world can be a cold place but if you work hard, avoid the drama and have mini-goals along the way, there's nothing you can't achieve. Don't worry about the naysayers, complainers and whiners; they'll stagnate while you blossom. Take every opportunity to bolster your education as it will help you professionally. Be cordial and network, network, network; never burn a bridge because you may need it later.

I've been accused of being Bolaji Agbede (the one time I have correctly been referred to a female in this thread...go figure grin) and I'll say this: she's terrible at her job. She has to have herself on Google Alerts and have seen all that's being written about Access Bank's HR practices. Anyway, good luck, chica! grin grin
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Travelista(f): 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
Codedeben:
who would read this your own contribution towards the issue at hand and wouldnt doff his cap for not just a clever summation but one succintingly phrased to drive home a sensible points, the one most people can unarguably relate with.

Wouldnt it have been better If the televista or whats his name had subtly put it this way and not taking a jab at "apparently hopeless graduates" all because he believed he worked hard to be where he's and who he's when in actual fact there are thousands of people way better than him in every ways but are out there struggling, despite their hardwork and their certificate.

I never ONCE referred to anyone as 'apparently hopeless graduates'; if anything, that is what your inferiority complex caused you to see. I am a human being, just as you are, and it is unfair to begrudge me any success I attain just because you think someone else is harder working than me. Jealousy will only make you more bitter; try and understand that no matter how blunt my words are, I feel for anyone being misused by their employer. However, I cannot sit here and act as if some of the complaints I am reading aren't misguided. Know your enemy and act accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by zada(m): 12:47am On Oct 03, 2013
@Travelista, I enjoyed every piece of ur responses to those aggrevied by the topic in contention. Yes! U hv made it clear to everyone on this thread that u r more logical than anyone. But nid I say to u that u only reason like a lawyer and for ur enlightenment, morality is of the society and the law is based on what u can proof. So u can see that u are only guided by what u have studied. The firm in question ACCESS BANK has failed in its corporate and social responsibility in keeping a clean slate jus as their rebranding mission statement has it. U responded to one of the text saying one being in a position doesn't mean u r better than anyone else who is still jobless! Do u feel u r better than anyone else out there not in the position u r today or do u fink u hv wrked so hard than anyone else to be there? My guess is u wld say NO!u r not better. In nigeria today, graduates are only informed of their salary after collecting their letter of employment, in an ideal situation that is wrong. The labour law allows for work done to commiserate with efforts used as long as there is an undastanding of agreement/contract. Do u knw that some outsourcing firms are owned by the banks themselves? Take ACCESS BANK and ICS that does recruitment for ACCESS BANK is runned by a board chairmans wife. Don't make it sound as if its a favour to be employed, u being called late at night shld not be a yardstick to measure who is a professional or supporting staff. You r not a Doctor that has made an oat to save life at any time of the day, so u hv the luxury of switching off ur phone once its late at night, average nigerian see lawyers jus as dey see a policeman. They r all not on the side of justice and are so Dogmatic, the law as u worship sometimes looses its validity in face of common morality. Are lawyers trained by vampires or zombies that death means nufting to them? Your staffs had accident in the line of duty, u were quick to call for replacement and didn't bother to sympatise with staffs and families of the deceast yet u preach u owe a duty to ur staffs and customers welfare. Yes! Like u rightly said their death shld not stop the business of the day to go on, but u as a lawyer failed to peruse thru the writers text that stated "only friends and colleagues not appointed to visit onbehalf of the bank came on their own to pay their last respect to their colleagues. Only this singular act can kill the morales of diligent staffs knwing dat their death and years of service may not mean anything to their employer. I am not blaming u as a person but because u speak as a lawyer, but we shld be able to seperate morality from the law, cos even u a defender of the law can be a victim of the law. If u ask me today I wld say incentives and upgrade/promotion is a motivational factor to productivity, if the Army as an institution that has the tenents of obey before complain recognises hardwork and promotion as a motivational actor. Then it is right to say it is wicked not to imbibe that in the corporate world, the corporate world in Nigeria is about to withness a revolution soon as insourcing and outsourcing will soon meet its doom in no time. Graduates are becoming bold and blunt as the day goes by, before I rest my case, I would advice u manage your professional life away from ur personal life. You may want call a spade a spade, but be humane ma broda, slavery is slavery forget anything like Business is business. Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Kirinwa: 4:35am On Oct 03, 2013
Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Travelista(f): 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
zada: @Travelista, I enjoyed every piece of ur responses to those aggrevied by the topic in contention. Yes! U hv made it clear to everyone on this thread that u r more logical than anyone. But nid I say to u that u only reason like a lawyer and for ur enlightenment, morality is of the society and the law is based on what u can proof. So u can see that u are only guided by what u have studied. The firm in question ACCESS BANK has failed in its corporate and social responsibility in keeping a clean slate jus as their rebranding mission statement has it. U responded to one of the text saying one being in a position doesn't mean u r better than anyone else who is still jobless! Do u feel u r better than anyone else out there not in the position u r today or do u fink u hv wrked so hard than anyone else to be there? My guess is u wld say NO!u r not better. In nigeria today, graduates are only informed of their salary after collecting their letter of employment, in an ideal situation that is wrong. The labour law allows for work done to commiserate with efforts used as long as there is an undastanding of agreement/contract. Do u knw that some outsourcing firms are owned by the banks themselves? Take ACCESS BANK and ICS that does recruitment for ACCESS BANK is runned by a board chairmans wife. Don't make it sound as if its a favour to be employed, u being called late at night shld not be a yardstick to measure who is a professional or supporting staff. You r not a Doctor that has made an oat to save life at any time of the day, so u hv the luxury of switching off ur phone once its late at night, average nigerian see lawyers jus as dey see a policeman. They r all not on the side of justice and are so Dogmatic, the law as u worship sometimes looses its validity in face of common morality. Are lawyers trained by vampires or zombies that death means nufting to them? Your staffs had accident in the line of duty, u were quick to call for replacement and didn't bother to sympatise with staffs and families of the deceast yet u preach u owe a duty to ur staffs and customers welfare. Yes! Like u rightly said their death shld not stop the business of the day to go on, but u as a lawyer failed to peruse thru the writers text that stated "only friends and colleagues not appointed to visit onbehalf of the bank came on their own to pay their last respect to their colleagues. Only this singular act can kill the morales of diligent staffs knwing dat their death and years of service may not mean anything to their employer. I am not blaming u as a person but because u speak as a lawyer, but we shld be able to seperate morality from the law, cos even u a defender of the law can be a victim of the law. If u ask me today I wld say incentives and upgrade/promotion is a motivational factor to productivity, if the Army as an institution that has the tenents of obey before complain recognises hardwork and promotion as a motivational actor. Then it is right to say it is wicked not to imbibe that in the corporate world, the corporate world in Nigeria is about to withness a revolution soon as insourcing and outsourcing will soon meet its doom in no time. Graduates are becoming bold and blunt as the day goes by, before I rest my case, I would advice u manage your professional life away from ur personal life. You may want call a spade a spade, but be humane ma broda, slavery is slavery forget anything like Business is business. Cheers!

Zada, first, I'm female (as indicated by my screen name, the 'f' designation at the end said screen name and by my actually stating it directly in this thread grin); don't call me 'ma broda'. grin grin I do know how to separate my personal from my professional which is why I have written the way I have. Outside of school, I've learned about business from actually working in the corporate world; nothing I have written comes from guesses but is based in experience. When I was an undergrad, I learned the hard way that your employer is never going to be your friend, how nice they may appear or promise to be.

As for thinking I'm better than anyone else...come on. I've repeated over and over and over that I am not looking down on anyone but the other posters are entitled to their opinions (no matter how misguided). I will never back down from saying I worked hard to attain my degrees and licenses because it took time, sacrifice and discipline. Now, understand that it doesn't mean that someone with an HND didn't work hard for their degree but can you honestly say that an HND holder has more educational training than a BSc holder? This isn't about looking down on anyone but it is stating facts. Saying otherwise is akin to saying a nurse and doctor are the same thing because they both work hard. We both know that is an absolute lie and whether one is a harder worker or not, does not change their placement within an organization based on certifications...get where I'm going with this?

You've brought up a very good point about outsourcing agencies. We call them staffing or temp agencies. They can be evil; I repeat: outsourcing/staffing/temp can be evil. This is where the real knot lies. If you're employed through an outsourcing agency, you're technically an employee of the outsourcing agency and NOT the firm in which you are placed. Depending on the contract you signed (or the placement letter), there should be some indication as to when you will switch over to becoming an actual member of staff with the firm. If there isn't, ask before accepting the post. DO NOT accept something and think you will change it once you arrive; you'll lose. And when I say get confirmation beforehand, I mean in writing; people have a tendency to 'forget' what they've told you once you do something for them and they back out of their end of the bargain. I'm not surprised to read Access Bank owns a staffing agency; see what I meant about cutting costs to keep profits high? This is why they can look their employees in the face and keep them down: again, technically, you were employed by ICS and NOT Access. It's a wonder this bank is still in business; if they don't sort this mess out, they too will be taken over like IBplc.

Morality, unfortunately, is not the law; we do not live in the time of Hammurabi. Nigerian police are useless; the police where I live, can be wretchedly useless. That's why most people try and avoid dealing with them unless it is absolutely necessary. The same can be said for defense attorneys (I'm not one, by the way grin); some of them make you question the human condition on the most basic of levels. But, that's not the point. Let's focus on what Access Bank did after the death of the bankers: they replaced them. It may seem cold but they is no reason for their posts to remain empty; if they remained empty, the same people complaining here would be complaining that they were having to pick up the slack caused by 4 less employees. Should Access have done SOMETHING? Of course but expecting them to do so voluntarily is futile because they never will.

My friend, I've never said it was a privilege to be employed. In fact, I've stated your employer needs you more than you need them. Ask for what you want, if they refuse, ask for a reason. If you can get a higher degree, do so. If you put in your best and still can't get what is your due...leave and find a place that will value your contributions. Trust me, those places exist (even in Nigeria). I don't know what else I can say on this matter. I wish you all good luck in your professional careers. smiley smiley
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by zada(m): 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2013
@Travelista, thank u for making ur point and stance clearly. I understand that even if it is true to say that corruption and cutting corners to make ends meet has become acceptable in our society. Many of us graduates still need to be sensitised on how things work. Your contributions were brilliant, u cld passoff for an HR manager, but it came at a time emotions were high. I quite agree with u that employers will and never will be ur friends. It sounded pretty harsh and to say coming from a lady, women are known for their sympathetic feelings towards situations I suspect u are a management staff where ever u wrk"only a guess". Hmmmm I feel u come from the Eastern part of this country, reason being that u carry this aura of confidence not necessary because u r a professional in what u do to like an EGO! Like a true career lady. Anyway, it was quite interesting having this timeout to share reasoning. Cheers!
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by MightySparrow: 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
This kind of enslavement I'd not only in Access Bank but in majority of these New Generation banks and Telecommunication company. I learned their Management staff run their organizations by a book written by a first born of the devil: Forty - Eight Law of Power.
As many of you that are in their net I pray God will help you. It is matter of time.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Tajsagay(m): 11:11am On Oct 04, 2013
@Travelista, you need to get LAID! You got a bf? They always keep leaving ya? Well I couldn't put up with ur BS as well . don't worry, keep schtupping the managing partner grin
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Travelista(f): 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tajsagay: @Travelista, you need to get LAID! You got a bf? They always keep leaving ya? Well I couldn't put up with ur BS as well . don't worry, keep schtupping the managing partner grin

How cute! You have nothing to add so you make a juvenile remark! That's alright: I'll stay with my husband and YOU can schtup your Managing Partner; I'm sure you're his type. grin
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by yetseyi(f): 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
Travelista:

now, understand that it doesn't mean that someone with an HND didn't work hard for their degree but can you honestly say that an HND holder has more educational training than a BSc holder? This isn't about looking down on anyone but it is stating facts. Saying otherwise is akin to saying a nurse and doctor are the same thing because they both work hard. We both know that is an absolute lie and whether one is a harder worker or not, does not change their placement within an organization based on certifications...get where I'm going with this?

smiley smiley

1. Please can some one explain what the difference is between Bsc and HND accounting
2. Does an HND holder have less educational training than the University degree counterpart
3. Does a Degree holder have more training than an HND graduate of the same field
4. I used to think HND and Bsc are equivalent ooo pls when did that change

I would appreciate answers to these questions
P.S I have a BSc but I m just curious Coz During NYSC I hardly knew some one was an HND graduate until he or she mentions the school.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
@all who have contributed travelista, codedeben, zada, etc u re all on point. I will not
quote nor start with commenting with the OP case. But will brief on contract and corporate
social responsibility with Nigeria situation on unemployment and how the employers of
labour use this to exploit applicants.

Just recently resigned from a banking work in August and out for second round job hunting.

NIGERIA ENVIRONMENT AND UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES.
In Nigeria good and lucrative employment had been turned to be meant mostly for those who
can connect (politically and top management/shareholders), buy their way through and offer
their body, merit is not a third grading system for employment.
Now the few one where one can be take (in-sourcing, outsourcing, HR Consulting, etc) they
have more than over hundred applicants for one job position at average. So u say u want to
stand on what u are, u might at end spend years without getting any expect u get an
underpay job. This increase scenarios had make employer of labour have upper job and
applicant left at the mercy of accepting job that they knew will be a threat to their
lives, some hoping for better job (at least a bird in hand...). We can blame these people
because if u tends to know the rate of poverty and graduate responsibilities (house rent,
feeding, settling down for marriage, basic house keeping expenses...), one will cry for
graduate unemployed so that if one is in the shoe to advise in on this type of job one will
not have advise on contrary. And govt, labour unions and associations, NGOs and NLC are not
helping in this matter, they are all concerned about post employment services and ignoring
the employment process and pre-employment services. IN NIGERIA PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES ARE
NOT PROTECTED BY ANY LAW NOR CARED FOR BY LABOUR UNIONS.

BUSINESS AND BUSINESS CONTRACT
Business in strict sense assume all employee must be forced to work in whatever manner so
as to maximize profit and reduce cost. Because of inhuman treatment of most company
management to their employee, community, etc that is why the issue of Corporate Social
Responsibility as come to stay and forced by government on coys. We should know that the
fist CSR of any coy to her staff (contract, non-contract, casual, non-casual, etc) is their
safety and REASONABLE WELFARE. On business contract, the most unfortunate things is that if
one get a copy of those agreement u will see that they drafted in a good order confirming
with relevant law or they may intentionally miss out some critical part (that shows u that
these ppl are intentionally wicked). Taking bank as an example no bank will ever put it
that ur working days will include Saturdays and Sundays nor working time will exceed 6:00pm
at thing outside this is termed overtime and should be paid for at the will of the
workers. Then if someone is working for a company (bank in this case) if the contract of
the bank with the resourcing company (which no employee know) is that all welfare and
remuneration or possibly the security of the employee is 100% on the resourcing company, do
that now translate that the resourcing company shouldnt look after their workers welfare
and security (remuneration out of it)? So this is a wicked act, why must u be working under
a company for another coy and both will never claim your welfare and security? Is that part
of any law labour?.....

WHY MUST IT CONTINUED LIKE THIS
Our legal system in Nigeria is nothing to be confident off even our security at hand of
security agent is bad and cannt be trusted. An employee cannt file a suit against his/her
employee without being fired. U cannt registered ur grievances ur employer or her
representative, u will be frustrated and show the way out, etc. Therefore, if you cannt
risk going back to square to better be "suffering and smiling", can u imagine me working
as an assistant auditor in bank for over a year without one thousand naira savings in my
personal accounts in fact this is the same to all I met who have spent over six years expect
those who loot the bank's money. No Land/house, car/motorcycle, etc. If I may tell u I was
frustrated to take up the job when reality is facing u dat "u can no longer depend on us
financially".

HND versus BSc
before I will forget, BSc is far superior to HND in terms of knowledge and intelligence
going by the meaning of where it can be gotten UNIVERSAL and VERSATILITY = UNIVERSITY but that
those not make it better in any way than HND because HND holders are equipped with high
skills and competency which is entirely lacking in BSc programmes. It is only in Nigeria
that HND holders are maltreated and HIGHLY marginalized with welfare and remunerations. But
the good news is that academically and professionally they ranked on equal note for
admission to higher education and professional courses. In the real world of business they
are meant and trained to do different tasks on the same job.

In Nigeria hardworking, good certificate and honesty do not equal good job without the
EXTRA ORDINARY FAVOUR by God or other means of spiritual works except one go through the
other path. A Christian Philosopher once say

WORK AS IF EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON YOU
AND PRAY AS IF EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON GOD.

This is to long oooooooo, pls when quoting dont quote all, simply choose @myscreenname of
the part u want on comment on.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by yetseyi(f): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
@ greatmann 4WW
all I can say is hmm May God help us all
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by whalesu(m): 8:19am On Oct 05, 2013
Why is there discrimination everywhr? Lord,we nd ur intervention.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 05, 2013
yetseyi: @ greatmann 4WW
all I can say is hmm May God help us all
That is the main prayer. God's favour and help.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by edithclare: 6:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
I was once a teller working with access bank,terrible place,terrible management with no human face or feelings. It is well with Nigerians
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Codedeben: 12:01am On Oct 06, 2013
@ thegreatman4ww great point there.

It takes someone who hasn't tasted the horrible experience as a Nigerian Graduate to bliv only hardwork is the key to getting a good job and living a fulfilled life.

Most people that got a job via any of these outsourcing firms were not oblivious of what they're gunning for. They knew outrightly before accepting the options and did solely due to lack of choice. To most graduates, this comes as a last resort. We shouldn't forget so soon that despite the foreknowledge of what awaits you as an employee under this outsourcing firms, you still have several other graduates like you to compete with( without ruling out praying and fasting) all in a bid to get the so called a job that would inturn make you a" second class staff" ,dubbed support staff. Meanwhile, its not as if you've gat a lower or a less superior degree compared to the core staff.

This is a country where nepotism paves way for you than Hardwork.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Nodunso(m): 1:26am On Oct 06, 2013
This is man inhumanity to man.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by maximunimpact(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2013
@all pls ignor Travelista, HE is a mole planted by god knws who to distort the significant of this revelation. Av gon tru his profile she keep jumping to any thread dat has 2 do with accessbank. She is either a secretary in ICSL or an accessbank HR representative.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Teeswift(m): 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
ttomexy: @travelista, is that you, Bolaji Agbede?

its possible ooo my sister. The bank isn't a good bank at all. I resigned last year as a result of their maltreatment. Too much work, very low pay, lack of staff feelings etc. Ask their tellers, they will tell u more, they might nt want to disclose all to u across d counter thinking u r a misery shopper. The humiliation is just too much. Access Bank is bad.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by maximunimpact(m): 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
Travelista: Why is this complaint being posted over and over? Stop comparing your new employer to the old one (that failed). So, you don't get a birthday cake? You're at work to work; you can celebrate on your free time or, better yet, the support staff can chip in and buy cakes for their coworkers.

Core staff and support staff are not the same: most companies work to keep their core employees while support staff is seen as expendable. Sounds harsh but it's true.

Why should someone have a Bsc and be treated equally with someone that has an HND? I worked hard, double majored and got into law school and graduated; there is no way on earth a corporation would agree to offer me a package they offered to someone in a support role. If you're so 'literate', go back to school and upgrade your degree because the real world is not going to slow down or downgrade their standards to appease you.

Businesses (banks included) are open to make money. Support and contract staff traditionally do the majority of the lifting and get paid the least. You can't expect a professional or core staff member to spend their day answering phones, counting money or typing letters; that grunt work...and that's where support staff comes to the rescue.

I'm seeing a lot of whining in this thread and very little, if any, is justified. Your employer only employees you: they don't have to be your friend, hold your hand, celebrate or commiserate with you. Do that on your personal time. Don't like it? Get another job or research what it takes to join those you feel are treated better. I know this doesn't sound nice but that is how things work everywhere.

Loud-mouth dude I hav been wondering y u didn't comment on dis thread.. www.nairaland.com/1467681/access-bank-demands-n1m-employment/2
Common say somtin, ppl need 2 knw its u!

1 Like

Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Travelista(f): 6:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
maximunimpact:

Loud-mouth dude I hav been wondering y u didn't comment on dis thread.. www.nairaland.com/1467681/access-bank-demands-n1m-employment/2
Common say somtin, ppl need 2 knw its u!

You don't have to wonder, just ask. I was on a business trip and the applicants are foolish. Why on earth would you bring in clients when the bank hasn't even hired you? I would never do it but it boils down to desperation and employers exploiting the downtrodden.

Also, can you read? You've stalked some of my other posts, shown you're a liar and still can't comprehend that I'm not a 'dude'? You're possibly a lost cause, my friend.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by maximunimpact(m): 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
Travelista:

You don't have to wonder, just ask. I was on a business trip and the applicants are foolish. Why on earth would you bring in clients when the bank hasn't even hired you? I would never do it but it boils down to desperation and employers exploiting the downtrodden.

Also, can you read? You've stalked some of my other posts, shown you're a liar and still can't comprehend that I'm not a 'dude'? You're possibly a lost cause, my friend.

I have eyes, and I see wat odas see abt u.......nobody in his or her right senses will refer 2 u as a woman because u exhibit d traits of a hardhearted man. So 4get d ''f'' on ur apendage, dats jst a fluke. U ar a full grown man, if a man is really marryin u, den u ar a GAY! Hw was ur biz trip?

1 Like

Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Codedeben: 10:34am On Oct 09, 2013
maximunimpact:

I have eyes, and I see wat odas see abt u.......nobody in his or her right senses will refer 2 u as a woman because u exhibit d traits of a hardhearted man. So 4get d ''f'' on ur apendage, dats jst a fluke. U ar a full grown man, if a man is really marryin u, den u ar a GAY! Hw was ur biz trip?

I recommend you both!
Pls I wouldn't mind being "one of the best men" (if you understand what I mean)

Travelista:

You both could make a great couple!
I hope others can see what I'm seeing.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by dexpee4life(m): 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
This can only happen in a country like Nigeria. These banks believe that, there will always be a replacement to any sacked or resigned worker. Its a very bad system we all find ourselves. May God help Nigerians
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by Osama10(m): 9:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
On monday 14/10/2013 I was at the rumuokoro branch of access bank to make a deposit,suddenly this guy sitting behind the cashiers stood up and walked up to one of the female tellers named C******.

The next thing everyone on the que was hearing"I would deal with you, I would transfer you to bonny island branch,You are very stupid".

I was amazed at this guy whose first named started with S*****.

Why did he not wait for the customers to leave before doing all that?
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by freedom02: 11:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
Travelista or wot ever u called ur self. Watch ur word and mind the way u support this useless access bank. Judgement await who ever support evil. Be guided.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by iLUMeN8(m): 9:00am On Nov 14, 2013
MOD's what are you still waiting for? This issue concerns all graduate job seekers and even undergraduates alike. Topics like this is what we want to see on frontpage and not trash like Yvonne Nelson's birthday pictures.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by freedom02: 10:24am On Nov 14, 2013
@Ilumen8 I agree with you. But then we all know that our media don't bring out issues that affect the ordinary or an a average worker. Instead, they sell their integrity to the so called big men like MD of Access Bank. The MD Mr Aigboje will prefer to pay heavily to block such publication on the daily than to pay his list worker who is not well paid.
Re: Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! by kacchy(m): 1:11am On Apr 02, 2017
Where is @travelista
today?

Is "she" truly the Bolaji A**** of Access bank?

#itsbeen4years#

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc. Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Trainee 2014 / 10,000 Job Opportunities Nationwide / Vacancies by Meerahbel 1.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.