Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:30 AM

Website Reviews, Anyone? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Reviews, Anyone? (4072 Views)

Website Reviews (Airline Flight And Booking Website) / Website Reviews Of Nigeria Newspapers / Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by smartsoft(m): 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2008
beta design my ass,, he doesn't know how to design a jack
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by OmniPotens(m): 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2008
Is this thread a ground for arguement?

I'm still waiting for answers?

Afam Vs ,

shocked
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by Afam(m): 10:20am On Jun 28, 2008
OmniPotens:

Is this thread a ground for arguement?

I'm still waiting for answers?

Afam Vs ,

shocked

You see my man, this is why you fail. This is not about Afam, it is about what Afam believes, it is about a way of doing things.

Learn to separate issues from personalities. Little minds discuss people, haven't you heard that before?
I simply went to see how you have implemented all the advice you freely give and found your own very website to be in a mess. Physician, heal thyself.
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by acreontop: 10:33am On Jun 28, 2008
I'll be sincere with you it looks more like a template
You need to work more on giving it a perfect look

grin
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by Afam(m): 10:40am On Jun 28, 2008
acreontop:

I'll be sincere with you it looks more like a template
You need to work more on giving it a perfect look

grin

Thanks for your sincerity, I agree with you it is a template I developed and I intend to use that template to setup different test sites for different businesses.

With that in place all one needs to do is to see the functionality your site can have and based on specific design or layout requests you implement them.

Some businesses have indeed seen the site and some have decided to get them for their own websites because the site will enable them do what they want to do which is simply to showcase their products to the general public.
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by webemerald(m): 1:53pm On Jun 28, 2008
Afam:

Was this developed by you http://nigeriapolice.org?

Youre an insult to the web community
Youre an insult to nairaland
Youre an insult to your entire family
Youre an insult to your entire lineage
Youre an insult to everyone who bears the name afam

I said before that you went to my portfolio page looking for errors and you prooved your stupidity to the whole world,

If not that you are blind, how can u take[b] http://nigeriapolice.org/marathon  [/b] for the main police website[b] nigeriapolice.org[/b]
This is the website for the ongoing police marathon to be held on the 26th of july and sponsored by MTN and listen while you were busy infesting this forum with your nonsense, i was busy doing that job,  YOU IDIOT.

Finally you have succeded in showing everyone how screwed up you are,

I was contracted by Marketing Mix and Sublime Communications who are the organizers of the event
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by ZUBY77(m): 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2008
It baffles me.
Why is this afam so controversial,
abusive,
insultive,
idiotic,
pompous,
proud,
boastful,
self centered,
Stupid and so on.

He is too quick to condemn people.
Too sharp to rubish other peoples work (cos he believes he is the one and the only web designer)
people will start to ignore him soon.
RUBISH!!
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by Afam(m): 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2008
ZUBY77:

It baffles me.
Why is this afam so controversial,
abusive,
insultive,
idiotic,
pompous,
proud,
boastful,
self centered,
Stupid and so on.

He is too quick to condemn people.
Too sharp to rubish other peoples work (because he believes he is the one and the only web designer)
people will start to ignore him soon.
RUBISH!!

I thought I was the person being abused and insulted here, maybe words have lost their meanings on nairaland.

I post some websites for reviews and I get insults from people, I respond to the insults and pigs like this very zuby77 turns around and sees Afam as the aggressor.

webemerald:

Youre an insult to the web community
Youre an insult to nairaland
Youre an insult to your entire family
Youre an insult to your entire lineage
Youre an insult to everyone who bears the name afam

I said before that you went to my portfolio page looking for errors and you prooved your stupidity to the whole world,

If not that you are blind, how can u take[b] http://nigeriapolice.org/marathon [/b] for the main police website[b] nigeriapolice.org[/b]
This is the website for the ongoing police marathon to be held on the 26th of july and sponsored by MTN and listen while you were busy infesting this forum with your nonsense, i was busy doing that job, YOU IDIOT.

Finally you have succeded in showing everyone how screwed up you are,

I was contracted by Marketing Mix and Sublime Communications who are the organizers of the event

Well, I am waiting to see single pages being listed as your web projects. Maybe setting up a contact form on someone's site will qualify you to list the complete website or the single page as a project that we should learn from.

Point us to live websites my friend and not websites that were copied and pasted in folders on your server. Is that too difficult to do?
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by ngwebdesig: 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2008
why tear each other down rather than give constructive criticism. All the brother asked for was a review of his work- you didnt have to like it, just tell him how it can be better and the positives of the sites. There are some people who are here to argue and tear other poeple down just to build their own self esteems. That- my nigerian brohers isn't a way to succeed in life. You should be proud that a fellow Nigerian is doing something positive and isn't robbing you in the middle of the night or assigned as an hired killer to come kill you or engaging in 419 acivities. I implore everybody to be positive and help one another and not tear one another down as Europeans and Americans have found out that tearing one another down amounts to civil war and honestly- who wins in a civil war? There are never any victors. The time and energy spent on tearing our fellow brothers down can be spent making your life better. Just my humble opinion.
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by ono(m): 8:58am On Jun 30, 2008
It was as if the hanen (boy or girl) has some beef with Afam. People just leave the main issue at stake and chase after irrelevant things.
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by hanen(f): 10:28am On Jun 30, 2008
ono:

It was as if the hanen (boy or girl) has some beef with Afam. People just leave the main issue at stake and chase after irrelevant things.

@ono
Der's no beef o, It's just that we've been through these cycle before. Every site he brings fro review, we say the same thing and he reacts the same way, each time. If he's too proud to see beyond his point of view, its too bad. But nothing I said there was a lie. HE's the one that went off point by insulting my family and ancestors. *shrugs*
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by ono(m): 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2008
hanen:

@ono
Der's no beef o, It's just that we've been through these cycle before. Every site he brings fro review, we say the same thing and he reacts the same way, each time. If he's too proud to see beyond his point of view, its too bad. But nothing I said there was a lie. HE's the one that went off point by insulting my family and ancestors. *shrugs*

Oh dear , now I can see . . . . I didn't know about that, pardon me . . . Afam can be a pain at times. And he can be very good at other times. I guess he's just not at his best this time around.
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by yawatide(f): 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2008
Every site he brings fro review, we say the same thing and he reacts the same way, each time.
@hanen
At this point, I am getting a "hint, hint" moment, given the fact that there is a pattern. I will put it in a proverb and hopefully, you will get it (culled from "Things Fall Apart"wink:

The hunter asked the Eneke bird why it was getting harder to catch him. The Eneke bird replied, "since you hunters have learned to shoot without missing, I have learnt to fly without perching"

Heed the bird's advice wink
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by hanen(f): 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2008
@yawa

My dear, I dont really care anymore if he listens to me or not, na by force?, But it just provides a guilty pleasure for me everytime. seeing the whole madness unfold over and over again, tongue

It's odd, I know.
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by lacicrips(m): 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2009
This guy has some serious shit going on with him. Just steer clear off him.
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by segsalerty(m): 12:56am On Jun 08, 2009
i read this post from A-Z and i couldnt stop smilling , Moderator , abeg change this Post topic , everything talkd about here is off topic,
if i were the Moderator , i will change this Topic to
lets fire up the Abuse world !
Am out lipsrsealed
i dont need reply pls, i am only suggesting , tongue
let the rythm dey flow grin
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by Nobody: 3:13am On Jun 08, 2009
Now this is really getting very very hot [on gbona feli feli]. . .but you guyz should take it easy.
And @Afam, i dont even know what advice to give to you. Difficult for me to really say anything objective here
with my allies on both sides of the fence.
But you guys should take it easy, and please let us stop the insults [i am acting as omnipotens here]
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by remoranger(m): 10:36am On Jun 08, 2009
I will put a sticker on my laptop to remind my self neva to POST my websites (both crappy and michael angelo master pieces) why cant you guys just give constructive criticisms? Just review the damned site and tell him what is wrong with it. Instead of saying SUCKS , just say the layout looks a bit plain and you could do more on the creative side? And I believe no one hear is below 18? At least we are all adults. We don’t need to be fooling our old age.

@Afam.
Some of the things they said are true. Just ignore people out to bring you down you don’t have to reply every clown that is out of work. I once posted my websites on this forum. I was not even asking for a BLOODY REVIEW. Trust my good samaritan Naija brodas they gave me the time off the day. Initially I lashed out at them. Just like you are doing now. But I later found out that it was not worth it. Most of the loudest critics in nairaland cant code or design to save their lives. Just take the good advice and leave the clowns to their circus

However if you need unbiased advice, without beef whatsoever try contacting Yawa-ti-de. She is the most unbiased critic you can ever get. That’s what I do. I contact her in private. She does not charge me sha (she is my web school mummy grin) so I don’t know if she will bill you.
cheers
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by abhosts(m): 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2009
I guess many folks do not know that reopening old threads is bad etiquette on a forum. undecided
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by sjohn: 10:37am On Jun 09, 2009
If you can find your way around others people design that simply means you have symptoms of being a creative person. When you depend on templates all your life, you can never have a brand. You also need to understand that after much experience in designing your own template from the scratch you will always come up with unique design of yours within 24hrs. I am speaking from experience. What you also need to learn is the use of CSS and enterprise content management system NOT JOOMLA or some of the so common ones you know!

If you get to this level, you will be able to produce fully functional website within 48hrs and handover to the client.
Once good thing about been skilled in designing your own template brand is that you will not be restricting your creative idea within the box of someone else’s mindset.

The people who post those templates as open source makes more money than you that use them because enterprise organizations will prefer to deal with them than you since they will need to protect their brands. If they deal with you, you will share their brand with other clients of yours.

The most important thing here is that you develop a culture that will bring your creative skills into productivity.
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by segsalerty(m): 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2009
true talk there!
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by Afam(m): 8:07am On Jun 10, 2009
It's been over 1 year since I used this Webmaster's forum last because I found out that the bulk of people making comments here are students or designers that cannot hold there own in the business but would be the first to claim to know everything.

Many of them have abandoned web development completely, even some of the most vocal critics are now into real estate business while others have ended up looking for jobs outside web development industry.

Why did all these things happen to them?

They think that being a good web developer is by blasting others or claiming to understand everything about the web.

The truth is that very few understand what works and what doesn't work online and this is one fact that we must learn to live with.

Ask the people trying to rubbish the work of another person to show what they have done and they come up with extremely bad design, almost nonexistent functionality and usability put together and when you point this out they begin to give excuses that they are young, still in school or that they developed the website many years ago.

That is why many of us will remain the way we are while others keep making money from organizations that know what they want from a web project.

Useful websites must be functional to make sense. Websites must be task focused to be useful. No body goes to a website just to look at how beautiful it is, people go online to do things, from finding information to looking for deals or news or to read emails etc.

But a typical web designer wrongly believes that web development begins and ends with flash, animation with even elephants saying good morning to you as you enter the website and at the end of the day this type of designer will do more harm than good to the web project itself just because he/she wants to display his/her graphics skills to the detriment of the website owner.

There is room for everyone to learn. So, if you want to keep bragging and blasting others no problem. When you abandon web development because you cannot boast of a single client and money is not coming your way just let us know so that we know who to ask when next we want to get a property or an insurance package.

This is the reality but of course many of us will prefer to live in denial.

With over 100 active domains and at an average of N250,000.00 for new projects I am sure I am doing the right thing when it comes to building task focused and useful websites for the businesses that need to web enable their processes. This is as simple as it can get.

Ask for a review and you get personality attacks mostly by people that are just frustrated for not making money in the web development business.

One more thing on templates - People talk as if it is wrong to use a template, this is madness. Most (if not all) of the major sites in the world run on templates but again I am assuming that some of those who talk about template don't even understand the meaning of template or that they assume that template must be bought on the web.

It would amount to gross stupidity to develop a website with over 1000 unique content like news items or articles or even products from major categories and sub categories without developing yourself (if you can) a template that the rest of the website will depend on so as to maintain uniformity and consistency across all the pages on the website or buying one (for those that cannot develop one).

I use templates that are developed from scratch to work on both large sites and smaller ones because it makes sense.

www.justalternativepower.com is a website developed using a template I created from scratch for the project. Many of the braggers here would of course tell you that the design is bad but the fact remains that the target audience find the website very useful and from this website alone inverter backup projects running into millions are ordered for almost every week because people who are looking for backup solutions see most of the information they want to see on that website and that is what matters to the business not what some web developer wannabe wants us to believe is the A - Z of web design.

People have been using this forum for years yet it is based on a free forum script with probably thousands out there with exactly the same theme.
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by sjohn: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2009
@Afam. I will advice that you don't take offenses when people air their views or opinion on what you have done. Every person have information that you need to be a better person or more professional. Even if the person is saying rubbish you will still find a simple truth in his/her foolishness. You see we all continue to learn, today is enterprise portal and interactivity on the web, tomorrow it will be something else.

Just take your time to get the best out of the foolishness or the rubbish of people. So be happy with yourself and everybody. Just that av been too busy with projects for some time now, I would have completed a series on my blog (http://cddc./). The next topic is on building an effective and functional website by leveraging on open source content management frameworks. I will advice that you follow it up from next month and learn how you can do creative reusable CSS enable design. The purpose of this blog is to help my friends from Lagos Business School (LBS) but you too can benefit from it.

So be happy with yourself and everybody.
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by smartsoft(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2009
So this thread still they exit??
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by segsalerty(m): 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2009
nawa ooooooooooooo sad
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 12, 2009
***************************** Thread Locked, oya, everybody dey go house! ***************************************
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 12, 2009
lol
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 12, 2009
Oops, what are you doing here??
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by good9ja: 6:05am On Sep 08, 2009
Please check www.kwasu.edu.ng
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by bug24(m): 10:01am On Sep 08, 2009
Whaooooo !!!!

See smoke for my monitor, the more i read, the more smoke that comes out, ummm, lemme read this thread from my fone, at least i can afford to buy anoda one if it gets burnt. lol

U guyz are realy trowin punches here, and Yawa and Omni, u guyz aren't tryin na moderate this place? until blood begin comot ehn?

i dey feel una sha. , (removes my chewing stick from my mouth, spits out !!!) abeg, more of the insults, AFAM, see, dem dey win u 5 - 2, i have two helps i can render u, either borrow u my GUN or bring an ambulance around when you are finally down. CHOOSE ONE OOOOOO.
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by Afam(m): 10:19am On Sep 08, 2009
bug24:

i dey feel una sha. , (removes my chewing stick from my mouth, spits out !!!) abeg, more of the insults, AFAM, see, dem dey win u 5 - 2, i have two helps i can render u, either borrow u my GUN or bring an ambulance around when you are finally down. CHOOSE ONE OOOOOO.

Make dem win me. Some of them have abandoned web development already because they don't understand web development and have refused to learn and do what works.

About borrowing me your gun, no sir, I no need am.

It seems you will be needing it more than I do since it could be you work tool as regards hostage taking, kidnapping and militancy.

Abi you never surrender your own gun as others dey do or you no like the amnesty offer by the FG?
Re: Website Reviews, Anyone? by bug24(m): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2009
ouch!!! Ouch !!!!!!!!!! ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, he's punching me, he's punching me, Afam is ripping me bonez off,

Miitancy? because am in PH ehn? no be ur fault.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Efficient Strategy To Have Good Links / How To Build A Livescore Website / Quillbot Premium Account Lifetime Access | How To Get It For Free • JENUNE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.