Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,009 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! (23086 Views)

Sexual Harassment In Auchi Polytechnic: Prostitutes Assist Male Students / Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / Olabisi Deji-Folutile: I Was Also A Victim Of Sexual Harassment In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by Phemmmy(m): 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Some are fools quoting the whole message before they post their own.
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by IYANGBALI: 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
jahrule:
Send what you just wrote here to the following emails:
Governor: brfgov@lagosstate.gov.ng , brfgov@gmail.com
Special adviser on education : olukogafaty@yahoo.com
Deputy governor: jokeadeofulire@yahoo.com

The Governor`s office will surely contact you, so leave your phone number.
but make sure you have evidence for all these allegations o.
good luck.
must you quote the whole thread before you make your comments?ode ni e
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by pinkrex(m): 10:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
Shows the kind of law you are studying in lasu. Is it 'character assasination' or 'character defamation'?
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by willibounce: 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
A rubbish story from a rubbish student of a rubbish University.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by joelenesleek(f): 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
Bludeville: You stated in your write up that if the VC knows about it, he will deal with the man accordingly, why havent you brought it to the notice of your VC,instead you are here looking for attention, abi is your vc nairaland?
Same thought dear, that was the very first thing I reasoned.

1 Like

Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by joelenesleek(f): 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
willibounce: A rubbish story from a rubbish student of a rubbish University.
Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that's why light skin people appear bright until they speak.

3 Likes

Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by Tellerman: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
Why call on Fashola and the press
Una no get CULTS and CULTISTS again?
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
ABSOLUTE NONSENSE BY THE OP. SO, HE ACTUALLY PAID N10,000 AS BRIBE? IT'S THEREFORE GLARING THAT AN UNTOLD DISAGREEMENT WITH THE LECTURER MUST HAVE BEEN THE ORIGINATOR OF HIS FOWL-CRY. GOAN SLIP JHUR

1 Like

Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
pinkrex: Shows the kind of law you are studying in lasu. Is it 'character assasination' or 'character defamation'?
??
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by OduntanGabriel(m): 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
Baddestguyp: Nice post. Bt pls for ur own good remove ur name. Wat if dat mr Ogunseye reads this nd neither fashola nor ur v.c do? Just remove ur name o, or dont u want to graduate?

When dey are not frying egg on OP's head.... I am double sure that is not his name... What is he smoking that would make him write his name?
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by OduntanGabriel(m): 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
willibounce: A rubbish story from a rubbish student of a rubbish University.

Not sure this is ur route bro, u have missed ur way.... Yaba left is in lagos not on nairaland... I hope u will thank me for this information, that is if the rubbish never enter ur brain

1 Like

Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
God bless you. Ur spirit is admirable. I will paste this on my facebook and bbm. There is a youtube channel that's exclusive to fashola. I will try and get you the link
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 27, 2013
mr ogunseye was a meek and gentle person, I don't know about the sexual harrassment stuff! buh am Sure he do travel a lot, during my days in lasu he won't show up on time for business Law lecture, the next thing our HOC would say the man has travelled and his textbook is a must or u wan fail b dat....Lol...
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by McDoe(m): 5:48am On Sep 27, 2013
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT ONE MR. ADENRELE WHO TEACHES MATHEMATICS, ALGEBRA & LOGIC IN SURULERE CAMPUS OF LASDPOTECH IS DOING.
HE HARRASSES AND INTIMIDATE FEMALE STUDENTS BY DEMANDING FOR SEX, MONEY AND ALL FORMS OF GRATIFICATIONS IN ORDER TO AWARD MARKS.
HE FORCES STUDENTS TO PAY MONEY BEFORE THEY COULD PASS HIS PAPER. THIS WICKED MAN HAS NO BUSINESS BEING A LECTURER. HE SHOULD BE FIRED.
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by sparkleRed(f): 5:49am On Sep 27, 2013
angry
Bludeville: You stated in your write up that if the VC knows about it, he will deal with the man accordingly, why havent you brought it to the notice of your VC,instead you are here looking for attention, abi is your vc nairaland?
Wat is dis one saying, do u assess ur VC easily ni
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by McDoe(m): 6:01am On Sep 27, 2013
eaglechild: This is VERY WRONG to paste unconfirmed allegations with real names on the internet.
It is character assassination.
If you are serious, channel your allegations to the school authorities.

Thank God he is a lawyer, i hope he sues, clueless mods.
Another unsound mind.
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by GeneralJ(m): 6:43am On Sep 27, 2013
Best solution get somebody wit hiv to Bleep him
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by Boscojugunu(m): 7:32am On Sep 27, 2013
Orikinla: So, LASU girls are so cheap?
nah which school ur mumu dey mtcheeeeeewwwwww
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by ceeethru(m): 7:49am On Sep 27, 2013
lecturers with their bully heart.
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 27, 2013
tyyworld: OPEN LETTER TO HIS EXCELLENCY GOVERNOR BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA (SAN), THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE ON THE SEXUAL HARRASSMENT IN LASU

Dear Sir,

The issue of sexual harassment and misconduct by lecturers in Nigerian universities has always been reoccurring in some of our universities and many lecturers have been found culpable in this ignoble act to the detriment of students. So many students have been victims of lecturers' escapades and we can no longer keep quiet over this issue that has ruined the lives of many students who have been our classmates or school mates as the case may be.

At the Lagos State University (LASU ), Ojo, we have so many dedicated lecturers who take their job seriously and discharge their duties accordingly. But there are those who capitalise in sexually harassing students they are meant to teach. At the Faculty of Law in LASU, the Sub-Dean of the faculty, Mr A. O. Ogunseye is one lecturer who has been known to be involved in the victimisation of students and sexual harassment of girls.

Your Excellency, I want to bring your attention to this issue and the attention of Nigerians to what we are passing through in the hands of Mr Ogunseye because we are tired of this extortion, victimisation and sexual harassment by him.

He has been doing this for a long time and for over five years without any form of reprimand from the school management thereby causing many students grief, pain and delays in their academic pursuit. The Vice-Chancellor of LASU, Professor John Oladapo Obafunwa is a man of integrity and I believe that if he is aware of this act, he will not hesitate to deal with such lecturer accordingly. Mr Ogunseye has committed so many atrocities against we students in the Faculty of Law and I think it is time to let you and the whole world know that we have suffered enough in silence.

He gives many girls 5 points after taking them to bed and many other brilliant students who deserve to have 5 or 4 points he would deny them this and would give them 1 or 2 points at most, even when it is glaring that these academically sound students deserve more than what he gave them. He collects huge amount of money from students in order to falsify and upgrade their results for them. Recently, he told a girl doing her undergraduate programme in Law and who is supposed to graduate with a third class degree to pay him one hundred and fifty thousand naira in order for him to upgrade her grade to second class upper. But when the girl told him she didn't have the money, he advised her to sell her blackberry phone in order to bring the money to him. He is obsessed with money and sex and has slept with so many girls in the Faculty of Law in order to give them marks they don't merit and many of them have suffered too much in his hands.

He also collects two hundred and fifty thousand naira from some students doing their Masters in Law (LL.M) programmes in order to upgrade their score to a higher score or grade which they don't merit. Every year, Mr Ogunseye abandons his official duty and travels abroad and spends up to two months without leave or any approval from the faculty and he would assign his course to junior lecturers who are not competent to handle the course. His stock in trade is to continually extort money from students and he has agents who usually solicit on his behalf for other students to pay him money for marks. As a result of his dishonourable role in upgrading scores for students, the Dean of the Faculty of Law, Dr Olatokunbo Obadina had to change the password of the portal used by lecturers in the Faculty of Law for uploading students' results so that Mr Ogunseye will not have access to carry out his despicable acts.

Mr Ogunseye was my project supervisor and for over four months he kept tossing me up and down and refused to approve my project even after collecting over ten thousand naira from me and despite all the efforts I put in researching, writing, re-writing and typing the project and all the money I spent in doing this. Later when I discovered he was not ready to approve my project and was only interested in continuing to extort money from me, I had to apply for another project supervisor, Barrister Gbenga Ojo, who supervised my project and approved it without delay and without collecting any money from me. But I had to write another project for Barrister Ojo since his own department is different from that of Mr Ogunseye.

It is so frustating the type of pain, both emotional and psychological, which Mr Ogunseye has put many students through. By his conduct, he is a disgrace to the Faculty of Law and the Lagos State University as a whole. People like this should not be entrusted with positions of authority because they end up abusing their power and corrupting the minds of young and upcoming students and jeopardising the future of many of them.

I hereby call on you sir, as the Visitor to the Lagos State University, to institute a proper and thorough investigation into this issue of sexual harassment, intimidation, victimisation, dereliction of duty and extortion by Mr Ogunseye, the Sub-Dean of the faculty of Law and if found culpable, he should be dealt with accordingly.

We recall that some lecturers were sacked recently by the University of Benin for these same issues of sexual harassment and extortion of students. Any lecturer who engages in this dishonourable behaviour does not deserve to be a lecturer and should be shown the way out of the university system to avoid bringing down the image of the university.

I hereby call on the Nigerian media to also investigate this matter discreetly using their tool of investigative journalism and I want the media to come to LASU Faculty of Law and interview many students on this issue especially girls who have been sexually harassed and abused on several occasions by Mr Ogunseye. This matter must not be swept under the carpet by the Lagos State government, the media and all well meaning Nigerians because enough is enough. We have suffered enough and we can no longer keep quiet in the face of flagrant abuses and misconduct by our own lecturers who should be role models to the youths.

It is my hope that this letter will be given adequate publicity by the media to let Nigerians know what we are passing through in LASU in the hands of randy lecturers even after the school fees were increased to a whooping two hundred and fifty thousand naira per student.

Faculty of Law, LASU, Lagos.

I DARE FASHOLA,THE STATE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND THE NUC TO INVESTIGATE AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. I DOUBLE DARE THEM.
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by Kollins12: 9:23am On Sep 27, 2013
1Willywilly1: nay wah oooo, the frenzy in which Yorubas are ra-ping women is alarming
But Yorubas are not yet raping old and elderly women like some people in some regions are notorious for,neither are we notorious for kidnapping for ransom or rituals killings

1 Like

Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by dhabrio: 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
You've really done well. You should be called an activist. But be careful to reveal ur identity.

You cld have just ended it this way:

Faculty of Law, LASU, Ojo.
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by tundebj(m): 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
Can u imagine? If som1 can go to this extent to prove a case there must b some element of truth here. See what people ar enduring. Instead of been employed by the devil join others to make money, raise money to start your business, stop giving those useless excuses, dont you know time is going or you want to start enjoying wealth wen you ar 40 or 60 yrs old. Because of idleness and shamelessness see what a lecturer is doing to his students. If you want to help yourself join teamupafrica.com dont join the like of lasu lecturers who corner their students in the name of position, forgeting that whichever position we find ourselves shud b used to help other wether in d classroom or behind closed offices. Teamupafrica
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by shady26(m): 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
tyyworld: OPEN LETTER TO HIS EXCELLENCY GOVERNOR BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA (SAN), THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE ON THE SEXUAL HARRASSMENT IN LASU

Dear Sir,

The issue of sexual harassment and misconduct by lecturers in Nigerian universities has always been reoccurring in some of our universities and many lecturers have been found culpable in this ignoble act to the detriment of students. So many students have been victims of lecturers' escapades and we can no longer keep quiet over this issue that has ruined the lives of many students who have been our classmates or school mates as the case may be.

At the Lagos State University (LASU ), Ojo, we have so many dedicated lecturers who take their job seriously and discharge their duties accordingly. But there are those who capitalise in sexually harassing students they are meant to teach. At the Faculty of Law in LASU, the Sub-Dean of the faculty, Mr A. O. Ogunseye is one lecturer who has been known to be involved in the victimisation of students and sexual harassment of girls.

Your Excellency, I want to bring your attention to this issue and the attention of Nigerians to what we are passing through in the hands of Mr Ogunseye because we are tired of this extortion, victimisation and sexual harassment by him.

He has been doing this for a long time and for over five years without any form of reprimand from the school management thereby causing many students grief, pain and delays in their academic pursuit. The Vice-Chancellor of LASU, Professor John Oladapo Obafunwa is a man of integrity and I believe that if he is aware of this act, he will not hesitate to deal with such lecturer accordingly. Mr Ogunseye has committed so many atrocities against we students in the Faculty of Law and I think it is time to let you and the whole world know that we have suffered enough in silence.

He gives many girls 5 points after taking them to bed and many other brilliant students who deserve to have 5 or 4 points he would deny them this and would give them 1 or 2 points at most, even when it is glaring that these academically sound students deserve more than what he gave them. He collects huge amount of money from students in order to falsify and upgrade their results for them. Recently, he told a girl doing her undergraduate programme in Law and who is supposed to graduate with a third class degree to pay him one hundred and fifty thousand naira in order for him to upgrade her grade to second class upper. But when the girl told him she didn't have the money, he advised her to sell her blackberry phone in order to bring the money to him. He is obsessed with money and sex and has slept with so many girls in the Faculty of Law in order to give them marks they don't merit and many of them have suffered too much in his hands.

He also collects two hundred and fifty thousand naira from some students doing their Masters in Law (LL.M) programmes in order to upgrade their score to a higher score or grade which they don't merit. Every year, Mr Ogunseye abandons his official duty and travels abroad and spends up to two months without leave or any approval from the faculty and he would assign his course to junior lecturers who are not competent to handle the course. His stock in trade is to continually extort money from students and he has agents who usually solicit on his behalf for other students to pay him money for marks. As a result of his dishonourable role in upgrading scores for students, the Dean of the Faculty of Law, Dr Olatokunbo Obadina had to change the password of the portal used by lecturers in the Faculty of Law for uploading students' results so that Mr Ogunseye will not have access to carry out his despicable acts.

Mr Ogunseye was my project supervisor and for over four months he kept tossing me up and down and refused to approve my project even after collecting over ten thousand naira from me and despite all the efforts I put in researching, writing, re-writing and typing the project and all the money I spent in doing this. Later when I discovered he was not ready to approve my project and was only interested in continuing to extort money from me, I had to apply for another project supervisor, Barrister Gbenga Ojo, who supervised my project and approved it without delay and without collecting any money from me. But I had to write another project for Barrister Ojo since his own department is different from that of Mr Ogunseye.

It is so frustating the type of pain, both emotional and psychological, which Mr Ogunseye has put many students through. By his conduct, he is a disgrace to the Faculty of Law and the Lagos State University as a whole. People like this should not be entrusted with positions of authority because they end up abusing their power and corrupting the minds of young and upcoming students and jeopardising the future of many of them.

I hereby call on you sir, as the Visitor to the Lagos State University, to institute a proper and thorough investigation into this issue of sexual harassment, intimidation, victimisation, dereliction of duty and extortion by Mr Ogunseye, the Sub-Dean of the faculty of Law and if found culpable, he should be dealt with accordingly.

We recall that some lecturers were sacked recently by the University of Benin for these same issues of sexual harassment and extortion of students. Any lecturer who engages in this dishonourable behaviour does not deserve to be a lecturer and should be shown the way out of the university system to avoid bringing down the image of the university.

I hereby call on the Nigerian media to also investigate this matter discreetly using their tool of investigative journalism and I want the media to come to LASU Faculty of Law and interview many students on this issue especially girls who have been sexually harassed and abused on several occasions by Mr Ogunseye. This matter must not be swept under the carpet by the Lagos State government, the media and all well meaning Nigerians because enough is enough. We have suffered enough and we can no longer keep quiet in the face of flagrant abuses and misconduct by our own lecturers who should be role models to the youths.

It is my hope that this letter will be given adequate publicity by the media to let Nigerians know what we are passing through in LASU in the hands of randy lecturers even after the school fees were increased to a whooping two hundred and fifty thousand naira per student.

is this how they get their law degrees in the west?
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by iyamdhathands(m): 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2013

Dear Sir,

He should be jailed to prison

Said hands
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by iyamdhathands(m): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
Na to rust for jail
Na to rust for jail

Na to rust for jail
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by bizzle2: 11:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
lol, some ppl shaaaa....oversabi dey kill!!!! dude...he wrote in abbreviations but atleast he had his ish together...you typed less than five sentences and I can pick atleast three blunders...your sentences don't string well, you're barely coherent....you're jamming tenses together and you have d cojones to be condescending ?? niqqa plsss!
"your way of writing are total disgrace"
" to the world graduates"
"hardly understand what you wrote, despite the fact that I perceived you to be a graduate"
koseepaaro: Are you sure you are a graduate? You and some graduates that write in "short hand" like this your way of writing are total disgrace to the world graduates. I hardly understand what you wrote, despite the fact that I perceived you to be a graduate!
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by bizzle2: 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
I just wana smack some ppl whn I read the trash they spew here...
is segzual harassment, extortion and the likes new in our schools?
all these ppl wey dey yan rubbish about reporting to the V.C bla bla bla, how many Nigerian policemen wey dey extort money or assault ppl u don report to I.G. or state police commissioner ? what in all honesty has stopped u frm doing that ? does that diminish from the fact that we witness or are acutely aware of these happenings on a daily basis ?
the O.P. obviously doesn't expect any action solely because of his assertions, that is why he requested that relevant parties carry out INVESTIGATIONS to ascertain the truth!!
sm ppl jst seem incapable of basic comprehension, but na them dey loud pass
Re: Intimate Harassment In LASU! Pls Help! by Barayeks(m): 4:17am On Sep 28, 2013
mr-bounty:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I wish to announce to all under-graduate living in Lagos to come for a free CCNA class in our facility with 100% practical's on our real live routers and switches. As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility to the citizens of Nigeria, have we decided to reel out this free program, especially because of the ongoing ASUU strike. They say "an idle man is the devils workshop".

We do not want any more of our under-graduates becoming a menace in our society. Our facility is new in Nigeria and we have the best and the highest numbers of equipments' for Cisco programs.

Call 08089-8989-02, 08133959957, 08028625540
for enquiries.

or
Visit Potters Technologies
1A Isheri road, opp Excellence Hotels,
Aguda-Ogba, Lagos.

No scholarship exam will be written. Just come with proof as an under-graduate (school/departmental identity card).

Available space is for first 60 registrations only.

smiley MOD......This is not an advert....please help us help Nigerians. Many Thanks..... smiley
look at dizzwan......they r talking better tin here and ur own is to advertise......lol, God bless ur hussle sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How I Clean Off Dirt From My Body System Regularly (pictures) / My NECO Result Not Released Because Of 'Debt'. Please Help / Nairaland Interschool School Debate::OAU Vs ABU ZARIA::WINNER: ABU ZARIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.