Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment (14227 Views)

We Didn't Charge N1, 000 Recruitment Fee - Interior Ministry / Tunisia Deports 98 Nigerians For Immigration Offences / Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by rumours: 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
greateros: See nigerians and hipocrisy! Airforce is on nw & they ar chargn N2850, nigerian army chargd N2kplus, custom no even anounce thier own &no body complained! Nw imigratn came out & gav evrybody d oportunity to aply for a token 1k & al of u dey open ur gutta mouth to spew shi t! Do u knw d cost of maitaining d server to host & process more than 2milion aplicatns?! Smh for una! Anyway no b by force to apply!

With all due respect, I am disappointed in you. The point is that this extortion should stop. The military o, ndlea o, frsc o, his o, etc. All should stop this nonsense. And the media should wake up start screaming it.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by gerald09(m): 9:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nigerian youths should win award for being the most st*upid creatures in existence, when these application started I posted this on NL www.nairaland.com/1443847/paying-employment. I passed by ECO bank in abuja few days ago and the line was so long all wanting to pay dere #1000 for a job that they have 1 in 4million chances of getting, just another reason to disturb God n gamble on there future. I have bin to 6 countries, different county and states and this is the first tym I have ever heard of a government charging money to give employment to it own citizens. No matter how much u try to make the youth understand the more they full for silly tricks by these old f*ucks.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by 3ace(m): 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
And after the whole process, they will announce that 1.5 millions candidates applied for the positions of 500 people. So where lies the fate of 1,499,500 who also applied. It would have been less painful if they are not asked to pay any charges because I know so many will beg or starve to pay that N1k.

1 Like

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by resilient(m): 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hmmmmmm am just speechless.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Okikiade(m): 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
The Amusement Park of Hope for Better Dey Come Next World! Robbing Peter to Pay Paul! Ori Iya mi o,see excuses!Believe it or not God dey!
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by aknessy(m): 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
These kind of refusal you refuse by embracing! Who are they kidding? undecided
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by georgiobob: 10:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
Naija needs JESUS!

1 Like

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
Precisely the kind of stuff that gets me burning with rage. Private organizations recruit without any form of charges. Now they are trying to convince us that for the FG to recruit they'll need the millions of applicants to pay for applying. Perhaps we look so stupid or better still there is an ''oga-at-the-top'' factor; hence they lack an idea of what is really going on. From is already visible at plain sight, the are milking the starved cows. Its about time we put a stop to the exploitation done by the NIS and other government agencies doing likewise such as Nig.Army,NAF,NN etc.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Kingsleyegorp: 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
emmysenior: cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy Perhaps the employment portal isn't theirs... so many
irregularities in the Nigeria system...

I wonder what they've got to say about those instructions listed in the
pictures below.

dnt mind d criminals
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 27, 2013
akandea: I'm just thinking of the innocent graduates that are still going to waste their time and money on tests, interview and training but at the end be dropped for the connected ones who never struggled for these jobs.
It is a pity people can still come out and defend the indefensible and some gullible ones will still admit they are speaking sense!

The situation in Nigeria saddens me to no end. I know how things work here, and I know that merit is scoffed at, ridiculed, hated, ignored, and often relegated. No wonder things don't work at all levels of government and in all spheres of society. Everyday, one has to deal with (and live with) mediocrity, even in the simplest of tasks. No thanks to the "Nigerian Factor". It is not about PDP or APC or whatever. It is about Nigerians' attitude, at all levels.

I happen to know a bit about the employment process for most government (and 'good' private sector) jobs in Nigeria. Merit hardly wins. 99% of the time, it is a man-must-know-man arrangement. Terribly sad, but nonetheless the whole truth.

As a consciencious individual, the part that makes my blood boil the most is this: Why do you have to punish poor jobseekers financially and psychologically by making them pay fees. . . .and making them waste their scarce resources to attend tests and interviews. . . . .when you already KNOW that the jobs would be given to other people that did not even apply in the first place? This is just sheer wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 27, 2013
searay: Fellow citizens of Nigeria, my brothers and my sister if a black can be called white in a broad day light, I have no reservation on my about to be mentioned decision.
Sequel to this development, after due consultation with my parents, my siblings, other family members and indeed my entire community , I HEREBY OFFICIALLY GIVE UP ON NIGERIA. Thankyou for everything.

. . .and nigeria officialy gav up on u long ago! Liability!
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 27, 2013
rumours:

With all due respect, I am disappointed in you. The point is that this extortion should stop. The military o, ndlea o, frsc o, his o, etc. All should stop this nonsense. And the media should wake up start screaming it.

with all due respct y would u be disapointed in me? Ar u my father? The extortion shld stp - yes! Bt i stil stand on my coment! d complain shld start wit d military dat started chargn for scratch card since long time imo riva! Imigratn is vry considerate for chargn 1k flat rate for evry body & nt jst dat, they promisd to make d recruitment excercise vry transparent.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 27, 2013
Ayomax: I hate this country with passion

and d country hates u with greater pasion! Dats y u r stil jobless many years afta graduatn!

Beta go & apply dis may be ur chance! Imigratn pays wella! wink smiley
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Nobody: 1:26am On Sep 27, 2013
Max'diamond:
sharaaap..u are f.ool for saying dis..is it even right for a government to charge her citizen for employment...if government charge her citizens for employment,so y are u dia citizen?..so tink well b4 u talk.

EWU nama! For ur mind nw u don make sence! No go take advantage of dis scarce oportunity & get urself a job so u can stp pouring ur obvious frustratn on evrybody! tongue tongue
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Nobody: 1:48am On Sep 27, 2013
eeewise: ...my prayer is pple lik u neva get to rule us

sory to burst ur hate - am already at d TOP!, among a group of people makn decisions dat afect ur life either directly or indirectly! U c ur prayers ar infertile dats y u r stil countn bandwidth while ur mates ar countn mony! Eeefool! tongue tongue

as for those applyn, based on d isues dat led to d removal of d previous comptroler, i can reliably inform u dat its going to be 80% on merit & 20% on who u knw! So jst apply if u wnt to, then pray for suces - i blv many of u wil testify positively on NL!
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Koolmexxi(m): 6:36am On Sep 27, 2013
Fazhy:

This country is a joke.
Dat's why we are d happiest. We still dey laff ooo...
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by phildon: 7:05am On Sep 27, 2013
doctokwus: But dey admitted that N1k was charged na,but claim its for scratch card.Imagine if 100,000 applied(whc is possible considering d unemployment situation& d lure of job in customs),dat is=N100m.Somebdy shd tell me this is not anoda form of get rich scheme by sbody in customs
Over 3 million have applied already. Meanwhile, we have over 20 million unemployed graduates in d country.
Next time, vote for competence n credibility not "MY OWN".
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by phildon: 7:12am On Sep 27, 2013
greateros:

sory to burst ur hate - am already at d TOP!, among a group of people makn decisions dat afect ur life either directly or indirectly! U c ur prayers ar infertile dats y u r stil countn bandwidth while ur mates ar countn mony! Eeefool! tongue tongue

as for those applyn, based on d isues dat led to d removal of d previous comptroler, i can reliably inform u dat its going to be 80% on merit & 20% on who u knw! So jst apply if u wnt to, then pray for suces - i blv many of u wil testify positively on NL!
I want to believe u're part of this fraud. NIS job has never been applied for with money. Why now? Meanwhile, the fraud u claimed the past CGI perpetuated was not her handiwork alone. It involved d HOS, Chair FCC, Director CDFIPB, the FIrst Lady n chiefly the Minister of Interior Patrick Aba Moro. The slot was shared among those people I mentioned. So if all fish eat flesh, why give shark a bad name?
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by phildon: 7:33am On Sep 27, 2013
pro01:

The situation in Nigeria saddens me to no end. I know how things work here, and I know that merit is scoffed at, ridiculed, hated, ignored, and often relegated. No wonder things don't work at all levels of government and in all spheres of society. Everyday, one has to deal with (and live with) mediocrity, even in the simplest of tasks. No thanks to the "Nigerian Factor". It is not about PDP or APC or whatever. It is about Nigerians' attitude, at all levels.

I happen to know a bit about the employment process for most government (and 'good' private sector) jobs in Nigeria. Merit hardly wins. 99% of the time, it is a man-must-know-man arrangement. Terribly sad, but nonetheless the whole truth.

As a consciencious individual, the part that makes my blood boil the most is this: Why do you have to punish poor jobseekers financially and psychologically by making them pay fees. . . .and making them waste their scarce resources to attend tests and interviews. . . . .when you already KNOW that the jobs would be given to other people that did not even apply in the first place? This is just sheer wickedness.
You just read my mind. However, we can could have changed the tidings if we had voted for competence and credibility and not 'My Own' in 2011. Well, 2015 is another opportunity. Let's see if Nigerians are tired of this wickedness.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by puppy2k(m): 7:53am On Sep 27, 2013
NAIJA PPL AND TIME WASTING...THAT NIS THING IS A BIG SHAM ...MY GUY CALLED ME THAT SOMEONE IN THAT SCHEME HOPING TO ASSIST HIS WIFE GET A SURE SPOT IN THIS NIS THING IS CHARGING 250K TO MAKE SURE SHE HITS THE JACKPOT...ALL THOSE 1K FOR SCRATCH CARD NA AKARA MONEY THEM WANT USE AM DO WHEN THE THING DON DEY REACH MAINSTREAM UNA GO SEE SAY PPL WEY GO SPEND REACH 300K NA THEM GO REACH TOP SPOT AND THEM GO CLOSE MOUTH NA THOSE PPL WEY NEVER GET THEM SELVES READY TO DOLE OUT 200 TO 300K TO HIT ONE SPOT I DEY PITY FOR ..AS FOR I TELL MY GUY SAY MAKE HE NO TRY AM ..COS THAT MONEY DON DO AM TO START UP SMALL BIZNESS FOR HIM WIFE.... SHEKINA
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Adeyemi4ril(m): 8:51am On Sep 27, 2013
Hmmm! Only God knw wot dis country is turnin 2. Well wot i knw is dt no matter wot hapn dey shal reap wot dey sow.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by searay(m): 9:08am On Sep 27, 2013
greateros:

. . .and nigeria officialy gav up on u long ago! Liability!
serious? How's Nigeria your country today?
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by towers1: 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
Organised and Straight falsehood from the federal government spokesman. Some government officials have found an easy way to benefit themselves from the widespread unemployment. if I guess rightly we could have between 1 million - 1.5 million applicants that means 1 billion naira to 1.5billion Naira in revenue that is actually charged but does not belong to the government. WHERE DOES THESE FUND GO?
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by mystical10: 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
While not 400 or 500 for the scrach card. Do u know that more than 5m people hv paid this 1k, so times 5m *1k equal to 5billion. Oweeee, i add the stff in my phone e wan burst.
Re: Interior Ministry Denies Charging N1,000 For Immigration Service Recruitment by Kingsleyegorp: 5:05am On Oct 12, 2013
Itoroetti :
So who lied?the bank or the unemployed?
thre re all criminals defrauding d poor masses

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abraham Rejects Ondo APC Primaries, Heads For Appeal Committee. Mo / No More Automatic Tickets For Governors, Senators, Reps – PDP / How NURTW Found It’s Ways Back Into Ondo Politics "The Guardian"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.