Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here (1028 Views)

Shiloh 2013: Exceeding Grace: Share Your Shiloh Experience Here / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Let's Share Our Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by PastorKun(m): 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
A lot has been said about tithing on this forum and how the modern day version of it was arrived at by twisting scriptures and using it into manipulating believers to part with 10% of their income on a consistent basis. Several people have been disappointed becos after several years of tithing they are yet to experience the "open heavens" promised them whilst their pastors smile to the bank every week grin . Some people are in denial and actually claim tithes works for them (becos they have been taught to always confess positively) even though the reality is that they are struggling like every other person. We have also heard testimonies of people whose finances got better after they stopped tithing giving a lie to the so called 'devourer' theory. Also we have tithers who are doing well and have been conditioned to attribute their success to their tithing activity whilst they conveniently forget that there are millions of non tithers out there that are actually doing better than them.

Bearing the above I would like NL members to share their tithing experience with us both positive and negative.

PS: Please we don't want anticipatory positive confessions oh angry just real facts as they have happened.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by PastorKun(m): 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2013
The false tithe doctrine as it is preached today attempts to make God a liar as not one single tither can claim he gets a thousand fold return every month from tithing of their salaries contrary to what tithe preachers teach. The question now arises is it God that is lying or the tithe preachers that are twisting God's word to say what it did not say? God cannot be bound by a promise he did not make no matter how may times tithe merchants repeat this lie. That is why you see tithing not working for 99.9% of tithers.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by God2man(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
But it is working, even if it is not working, which is a lie, everything you have both 90% and 10% belong to God, so if you give it back to God. It shows you love God more than money, if you keep it and you think you are smart, God will take everything from you.

I rest my case, i dont like argument.

God2man.

1 Like

Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by PastorKun(m): 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2013
God2man: But it is working, even if it is not working, which is a lie, everything you have both 90% and 10% belong to God, so if you give it back to God. It shows you love God more than money, if you keep it and you think you are smart, God will take everything from you.

God2man.

The overwhelming evidence we have is that it is NOT working except you are in denial. The only people it is working for are tithe collectors and I suspect you are one hence your disposition. Asides that Jesus tells me in my bible that if I want to give to God I should give to the poor. So why must I give my tithe only to a church if it is truly meant for God?
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by PastorKun(m): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
The bible makes it clear that God does not joke with his word, infact it says God would honour his word above his name. According to tithe proponents, they claim that God would bless you a thousand fold if you give ten percent of your income to the church based on a distorted interpretation of Mal 3:10. Now we know that millions of christians faithfully / ignorantly tithe of their income every month and there is not a single record of any person getting a thousand fold return of their tithes. Could it then be said that God is not honouring his word or could it be that God's word is being twisted and misapplied? One thing is certain no one today practises tithes as instructed in the bible and God's promise on tithes was never directed to christians. God has given us something far greater than a thousand fold return and that is eternal life through christ Jesus. That's God's promise to us and it's based on grace through faith and not tithes.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by Zikkyy(m): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
God2man:
But it is working, even if it is not working, which is a lie, everything you have both 90% and 10% belong to God, so if you give it back to God. It shows you love God more than money, if you keep it and you think you are smart, God will take everything from you.

God2man.

@bolded, this was exactly what Christ preached against, same for the apostles. just like the pharisees, you continue to teach holiness based on actions. God does not look at your actions, he looks at your heart. you can never make every man give 10% from the heart some will want more some will do less (from the heart). you are teaching Christians to live by a law which was not commanded by God.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by Rhymeyjohn: 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
Zikkyy:

@bolded, this was exactly what Christ preached against, same for the apostles. just like the pharisees, you continue to teach holiness based on actions. God does not look at your actions, he looks at your heart. you can never make every man give 10% from the heart some will want more some will do less (from the heart). you are teaching Christians to live by a law which was not commanded by God.
Who is this saying this, you mean Jesus himself preached againts total love from the heart? what nonsense. about law, 1 John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

KJV
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by Zikkyy(m): 11:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
Rhymeyjohn:
Who is this saying this, you mean Jesus himself preached againts total love from the heart? what nonsense. about law, 1 John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

KJV

Olodo, who's talking about sin here? you have comprehension issues in addition to quoting irrelevant bible verse.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 27, 2013
Proverbs 26: 1,2
As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honor is not
seemly for a fool. As the bird by wandering, as the swallow
by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by Goshen360(m): 1:21am On Sep 27, 2013
Rhymeyjohn:

KJV

What if you have NO LAW to transgress againt? Do you still commit sin?
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by Goshen360(m): 1:26am On Sep 27, 2013
Bidam: Proverbs 26: 1,2
As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honor is not
seemly for a fool. As the bird by wandering, as the swallow
by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.

I keep telling you to leave other people's covenant alone, you are in and have a better covenant. What curse are you talking about? Of the LAW which Christ had redeemed us from? Do you understand why it was said of Christ that is the greater than Solomon? You keep seeking wisdom from Solomon but you have unmeasurable wisdom in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by PastorOluT(m): 7:06am On Sep 27, 2013
Goshen360:

I keep telling you to leave other people's covenant alone, you are in and have a better covenant. What curse are you talking about? Of the LAW which Christ had redeemed us from? Do you understand why it was said of Christ that is the greater than Solomon? You keep seeking wisdom from Solomon but you have unmeasurable wisdom in Christ.
Rightly said bro, but I still dont get why we have issues with the law n grace when we have the word of God (Bible) which rightly differentiated the old from the new covenant.
The question I have for some folks is what is the different between the old n new covenant?
I think I will open a thread on that so we all learn.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 27, 2013
Goshen360:

You better keep quiet if you don't understand what that scripture is saying.Mr. pick and choose. cheesy
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 27, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
Rightly said bro, but I still dont get why we have issues with the law n grace when we have the word of God (Bible) which rightly differentiated the old from the new covenant.
The question I have for some folks is what is the different between the old n new covenant?
Not rightly said, he never understood that proverb just you like you too.You don't pick a particular part and overblow it.Anyway let's not derail the OP.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by PastorOluT(m): 11:40am On Sep 27, 2013
Bidam: Not rightly said, he never understood that proverb just you like you too.You don't pick a particular part and overblow it.Anyway let's not derail the OP.
Bro dont misquote me, I am not talking about the proverb u quoted, I simply made a comment on what he said n not urs n thinking aloud about there old n new covenant n the way some folks talk about it!
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by Goshen360(m): 11:44am On Sep 27, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

@ Pastor Olu T,

My brother, I'm OUT TO TEAR DOWN THE LAW, of Moses because I have a deeper revelation and truth on it. If Christians understand the LAW is man trying to do something for God instead of Graciously receiving what God is doing for man. The Law is the covenant initiated by MAN, the people of Israel, NOT God. I humbly invite you to Alexleo's thread where I'm currently doing a teaching on what you requested or thinking to open a thread for. Some people might not read the teaching there because it's inside Alex's thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/1453408/teaching-presented-law-grace-please

Edited.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by Goshen360(m): 11:47am On Sep 27, 2013
Bidam: You better keep quiet if you don't understand what that scripture is saying.Mr. pick and choose. cheesy

Bidam: Not rightly said, he never understood that proverb just you like you too.You don't pick a particular part and overblow it.Anyway let's not derail the OP.

Bidam,

I also invite you to the above Alex's thread. You will understand why the Old covenant based on the LAW was discontinued and brought to an end. It's a systematic teaching I'm doing in that thread.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by MostHigh: 11:52am On Sep 27, 2013
Goshen360:

Bidam,

I also invite you to the above Alex's thread. You will understand why the Old covenant based on the LAW was discontinued and brought to an end. It's a systematic teaching I'm doing in that thread.

Lawless Man. smiley

He who is greater than his master.

1 Like

Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by MostHigh: 11:54am On Sep 27, 2013
Goshen360:

@ Pastor Olu T,

My brother, I'm OUT TO DESTROY THE LAW, of Moses because I have a deeper revelation and truth on it. If Christians understand the LAW is man trying to do something for God instead of Graciously receiving what God is doing for man. The Law is the covenant initiated by MAN, the people of Israel, NOT God. I humbly invite you to Alexleo's thread where I'm currently doing a teaching on what you requested or thinking to open a thread for. Some people might not read the teaching there because it's inside Alex's thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/1453408/teaching-presented-law-grace-please

What deeper revelation?

Deeper than what yashua taught in the sermon on the mount?

joker.

You can be exactly as your master is but never greater.

You mr goshen are the little horn proper, talking about destroying times customs and traditions.

Go read daniel 7, its all about you and your type grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by PastorKun(m): 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
Still waiting more tithe based experiences both 'positive' and negative. Let tithers come and give us details of how God has opened heavens for them and let us know what they are benefiting that non tithers are not enjoying.

1 Like

Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by alexleo(m): 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
Goshen360:

What if you have NO LAW to transgress againt? Do you still commit sin?

Fornication, adultery, killing, cheating, hatred etc are still sin right from the old testament till now. Anybody who engages in any of them after he has been saved has sinned. Galatians 5:19 says it better here-

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But I guess you talking with respect to tithe anyway.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by Goshen360(m): 11:29am On Sep 28, 2013
alexleo:

Fornication, adultery, killing, cheating, hatred etc are still sin right from the old testament till now. Anybody who engages in any of them after he has been saved has sinned. Galatians 5:19 says it better here-

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But I guess you talking with respect to tithe anyway.

What I'm saying is, sin existed before the law. You don't need the law to stop you from sinning, you\people need the Spirit of Christ. People have been sinning before the law as you said but the law came and made sin worse. I was talking from the point or angle of defining sin as transgression of the law. Then if you have no law to transgress, you sin not.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by Goshen360(m): 11:30am On Sep 28, 2013
@ OP,

My experience is great o. I will share later.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by PastorKun(m): 11:38am On Sep 28, 2013
Goshen360: @ OP,

My experience is great o. I will share later.

Would look forward to reading it. smiley
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by NOIBMUUL(m): 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun: A lot has been said about tithing on this forum and how the modern day version of it was arrived at by twisting scriptures and using it into manipulating believers to part with 10% of their income on a consistent basis. Several people have been disappointed becos after several years of tithing they are yet to experience the "open heavens" promised them whilst their pastors smile to the bank every week grin . Some people are in denial and actually claim tithes works for them (becos they have been taught to always confess positively) even though the reality is that they are struggling like every other person. We have also heard testimonies of people whose finances got better after they stopped tithing giving a lie to the so called 'devourer' theory. Also we have tithers who are doing well and have been conditioned to attribute their success to their tithing activity whilst they conveniently forget that there are millions of non tithers out there that are actually doing better than them.

Bearing the above I would like NL members to share their tithing experience with us both positive and negative.

PS: Please we don't want anticipatory positive confessions oh angry just real facts as they have happened.

Mr pastor kun, I'm just curious. Do you know the purpose of the tithes? What it is meant for?
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by PastorKun(m): 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Yes I do know very much what tithes WAS meant for in the old testament. Today it's been done away with as with the rest of the Mosaic laws.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by pasqal09: 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun: Yes I do know very much what tithes WAS meant fot in the old testament. Today it's been done away with as with the rest of the Mosaic laws.

My brother, I knw Christ modified most of the mosiac laws, but he didn't say anytin about paying tithes, which means its still a commandment that we should obey. E be like say devourers neva jam u before?

1 Like

Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by PastorKun(m): 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
pasqal09:

My brother, I knw Christ modified most of the mosiac laws, but he didn't say anytin about paying tithes, which means its still a commandment that we should obey. E be like say devourers neva jam u before?

Read hebrews 7:5-19 tithes was specifically anulled for christians in that passage and described as a weak, useless and unprofitable commandment.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by NOIBMUUL(m): 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun: Yes I do know very much what tithes WAS meant for in the old testament. Today it's been done away with as with the rest of the Mosaic laws.

Please can you tell me what it is (or WAS) meant for?
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by PastorKun(m): 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
NOIBMUUL:

Please can you tell me what it is (or WAS) meant for?

There were three types of tithes being practised by the Israelites, which one exactly do you want me to explain to you?

PS: Kindly note that the type of tithes preached and practised in churches today[monetary tithe from income] is found nowhere in scripture.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by NOIBMUUL(m): 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

There were three types of tithes being practised by the Israelites, which one exactly do you want me to explain to you?

PS: Kindly note that the type of tithes preached and practised in churches today[monetary tithe from income] is found nowhere in scripture.

Okay. You can explain the three if possible.
Re: Let's Share Our Tithing Experience Here by PastorKun(m): 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
NOIBMUUL:

Okay. You can explain the three if possible.

Ok in brief:

1. Tithe to be eaten by the tither and his family

2. Tithe to be given to Levites because they have no inheritance(Pastors don't qualify based on this reason)

3. Tithe to be given to Widows, Orphans, strangers and less priviledged.

You may wish to read deut 14:22-29 for further insight.

(1) (Reply)

Did David Actually Kill Goliath Of Gath? / W / Words Of Wisdom For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.