Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,516 members, 7,816,251 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Advice: What Would You Do If You Learnt This After Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice: What Would You Do If You Learnt This After Marriage (1036 Views)

So far...what Lessons Have You Learnt In Life???.... / What Lessons Have You Learnt From Your Previous Relationship? / Please Advice : What Do Men Really Think Of Women Who Smoke. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: What Would You Do If You Learnt This After Marriage by muzeze77: 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
I have an AS genotype and in my family we have lost a lot of folks to sickle cell disease, I have lost a lot of Cousins and I have a brother who happens to be sickler, many days i cry when i see my brother in pain . Ever since i have been 12 years old, my mother has always informed me that i have to marry an AA, and that it's not worth it to marry someone like me with an AS.

And so i have been making this a priority, before i date a lady twice i have always asked that question, and i have even had to cut off two relationships due to the fact that the ladies are AS and i really did liked them

And so i met this lady and I asked her twice while we were dating about her genotype and to which she replied that her mother told her she is AA. well we got married and are expecting then came the shocker, as part of the pregnancy medical test, it was revealed that in fact she is AS. I feel betrayed in a way. I am not sure is she lied or if this is a mistake on her mother's part. An AS having a child with another AS is like gambling with the health/life of a child. what will you do if you were in my shoes?
Re: Advice: What Would You Do If You Learnt This After Marriage by Kween1: 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
Just pray since u were ignorant of it, God might vindicate u. i know of a Young man and a lady that got married after being warned by parents, they still went ahead and married (married by faith) and now the lady is pregnant. let pray and hope God answers their prayer likewise u. just believe in God.

1 Like

Re: Advice: What Would You Do If You Learnt This After Marriage by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
Dis story sounds like dat of a nursery 2 kid! Her mother told her dt shez AA, n both of u tuk it dt way n got married! Hospitalz don finish 4 dis world ni? Wiv just 500naira, u cld hv saved urselves frm ds mess!
Re: Advice: What Would You Do If You Learnt This After Marriage by twogood: 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
I want to assume you're really 'in the shoes' cos this isn't stuff you play wt for attention.
Rewind- i'ld have done the test before marriage becos i understand i could be in these shoes if i didn't.
Fastforward- To satisfy my curiosity i'll find out how my mum-in-law ended up telling my wife wt my wife claims she did. And then i'll continue praying and believing God for a healthy child.

1 Like

Re: Advice: What Would You Do If You Learnt This After Marriage by muzeze77: 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
luckyqueen2012: Dis story sounds like dat of a nursery 2 kid! Her mother told her dt shez AA, n both of u tuk it dt way n got married! Hospitalz don finish 4 dis world ni? Wiv just 500naira, u cld hv saved urselves frm ds mess!

Whats the point of getting married if you don't trust the person you are marrying, should i have asked for a document to prove that she was AA. Most women i have met in my life always know their status
Re: Advice: What Would You Do If You Learnt This After Marriage by muzeze77: 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
twogood: I want to assume you're really 'in the shoes' cos this isn't stuff you play wt for attention.
Rewind- i'ld have done the test before marriage becos i understand i could be in these shoes if i didn't.
Fastforward- To satisfy my curiosity i'll find out how my mum-in-law ended up telling my wife wt my wife claims she did. And then i'll continue praying and believing God for a healthy child.

No this is not for attention, I can't inform those around, but it troubles me , so nairaland affords me that animosity to obtain advice from folks
Re: Advice: What Would You Do If You Learnt This After Marriage by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
Even though my genotype is AA and my wife claimed to have an AA genotype before our wedding. I still took her for confirmation, and guess what, she was confirmed to be AS. She told me it was her mum who told her she was AA. Whatever a lady tells me, I must confirm. The only thing I did not confirm was her virginity. You know why? Because I never had any business looking under anyone I was yet to be married to.

1 Like

Re: Advice: What Would You Do If You Learnt This After Marriage by LewsTherin: 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
Did you do any pre-marital counselling before marriage? Most organisations include medical test as partof that. Note, doing tests on both of yourselves before marriage is not a trust thing. It is a "let's be sure and careful' thing. Like someone once said, "sh*t happens" and one has to be prepared.
Anyways, that's water under the bridge. You really have to pray your kid is not sickle cell positive. If God helps you dodge this bullet, then dude hang up your boots!

But then, if an adult only knows her medical records from "my mother said", that's incompetence bordering on deception. Really.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Wat Does This Mean? / Got A Crush On Khallesi(aka Spongeback) / How We Would Handle Stingy Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.