Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Why Are Nigerian Programmers So Dumb? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Are Nigerian Programmers So Dumb? (11925 Views)

Association Of Nigerian Programmers Online / Why Are Nigerian Programmers So Smart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers So Dumb? by benjatoba(m): 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
We are not dumb. Maybe you are because you are likely not a programmer
Re: Why Are Nigerian Programmers So Dumb? by platymus: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
aitoehigie:
With the avalanche of social networks in Nigeria, i would like to ask this question, can Nigerian hackers think? ("H.A.C.K.E.R": means extremely talented programmers). With the likes of facebook, friendster, myspace, do we really need "Nigerianized" versions of these sites? Please there are a million and one other stuff that can be done on the web instead of another clone of facebook.
This is a call to arms to Nigerian programmers, LETS DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!

P.S: If you are still coding in PHP(jezz!@#@) and the likes, you really need to wake up
also this is an advice to seun, i noticed that some words are banned on this site, why is that? e.g. H>A>C>K>E>R>S. See the post for the real meaning.
@aitoehigie,this is the challenge i took years ago,to be original in my creation,solve problems(technology,business and otherwise) that are specific to our environment and economy in this part of the world(Africa).i have been on that journey for sometime now and it has been challenging, exciting and interesting,as someone said,"challenges are what make life interesting, solving them is what make life meaningful."
It is a life time learning and practice,as such I do not call myself a web developer or engineer(although I do all of those and I am well grounded in these things).It is even beyond web or mobile development many are touting.
Today I write plenty of problem-solution requirement and elicitation.
Many applications and business models around us today are copied without any modification because those behind it only care about the money not the mission.
THE SACRIFICE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Laptops For Programmers / ALC 2.0 Is Here / The Most Difficult Software To Write.... In Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.