Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,023 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home (33601 Views)

Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them / Hearing Aids : Why Live With Deafness? Regain Your Quality Of Life Today! / 4 Pack Of Brazilian Hair Wholesale Price:n80,000 Call 07030470927 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 01, 2013
I no they are fake Tigers
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by ckkris: 7:51am On Oct 01, 2013
iogbonnaya:

Is that wat u think.?...I've read a similar story b4 wr a Canadian man raised pythons...,one day d man went,by d time he came back,he realized dat d python had swallowed the chhildren dat wr playing around in his compound...so u see
Many thanks. I also read it in Every Day With Jesus. Kindly that edition, if you can. I've been trying to recall the exact name of that family.
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by jhames010(m): 8:09am On Oct 01, 2013
grin seriously, I adore lions but tigers just scare d hell out of me.

The truth: An animal will always be an animal. A tiger can b takin milk, or grass or even beans, but it doesn't change the fact it will not eat meat wen it gets the chance(that's its nature).

But, love they say overcomes all things, nd situations. Its a language that, everybody hears, d blind see it, d deaf hear it, even d dumb can say it, even animals know, and show it.

True love at times seem stupid.

Final say, let them keep their cats
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Smooyis(m): 8:18am On Oct 01, 2013
Incredible!
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Chetimah(m): 8:28am On Oct 01, 2013
enigmagu1: I pray they feed the lion well if not ...
.gud u na no go kill me wit lough
guy u r too funny i lov dat
nairaland will complete the story in future......
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by adeyrule(m): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2013
nadia_SA: with only 34 lions left in Naija I understand y he doesn't know how a lion looks

grin grin
correct him nt condemn him
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by adeyrule(m): 8:37am On Oct 01, 2013
End time tinz,na so dem go start nd if gbege com happen now dem go say na satan
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by arshavineering(m): 8:38am On Oct 01, 2013
kennyonthrone: Lol i win soon b a tiger....ma two bros re already tigers nd will in d'same home wit ma oda siblings watz d'big deal livin wit a tiger......LWKMD!to many am nt maakin sense bt 2 some i am

Like dis post if u grab wat am sayin
. You be otondo
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by numen(m): 8:59am On Oct 01, 2013
iamOdino: Ary Borges, who cares for seven tigers and two lionesses, at his family’s home in Maringa, Brazil is in a legal battle with federal wildlife officials to keep his endangered animals from undergoing vasectomies and being taken away from him. While Borges does have a license to raise the animals, Brazilian wildlife officials say he illegally bred the cats, creating a public danger.

Borges also has two lions, a monkey, and a pet Chihuahau named Little inside his makeshift animal sanctuary, where man and beast alike live together in his spacious red-dirt compound, separated from the outside world by tall metal fences and high wooden walls.

MOSSAD II: He wrote while dreaming! ha ha ha ha!

Alongside previous posters who are fast to put down someone...grow up! The post mentioned lions. You don't have to advertise your ignorance cos you're hiding behind a handle.

Use this opportunity you have to interact with people to upgrade yourselves. READ before you castigate. Kids!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by laplace19(m): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2013
lomprico:

DUMBAZZ!!! Does dat look like a lion to u?

You are the real DUMBAZZ... Didn't you peruse the line that said they have 2 lions too?

Mtcheewww...cheap attention seeker like you
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by laplace19(m): 9:06am On Oct 01, 2013
lomprico:

You are the real DUMBAZZ... Didn't you peruse the line that said they have 2 lions too in addition to the 7 tigers?

Mtcheewww...cheap attention seeker like you
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by carlos1(m): 9:45am On Oct 01, 2013
MillionDollars: Wait o! The like button isn't working o! Wld u pls try it?

Hahahahahahaha. Looking 4 likes in disguise. Anyways, Op i just tried d like buttin like u said and found out its actually not working like u can see no one has liked ur post. Dats proof
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by emmabest2000(m): 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
iamOdino: Ary Borges, who cares for seven tigers and two lionesses, at his family’s home in Maringa, Brazil is in a legal battle with federal wildlife officials to keep his endangered animals from undergoing vasectomies and being taken away from him. While Borges does have a license to raise the animals, Brazilian wildlife officials say he illegally bred the cats, creating a public danger.

Borges also has two lions, a monkey, and a pet Chihuahau named Little inside his makeshift animal sanctuary, where man and beast alike live together in his spacious red-dirt compound, separated from the outside world by tall metal fences and high wooden walls.

The Brazilian family is now locked in a legal dispute for the cats, with federal wildlife officials working to take them away. While Borges does have a license to raise the animals, Brazilian wildlife officials say he illegally bred the tigers, creating a public danger.

Borges says it all started in 2005 when he first rescued two abused tigers from a travelling circus. He defends his right to breed the animals and says he gives them a better home than they might find elsewhere in Brazil.

"Sadly there are so many animals dying in zoos that have no oversight. My animals are treated extremely well ... we're preserving and conserving the species," he said. "We have a great team of veterinarians. We give them only the best, but we're being persecuted."

Ibama, Brazil's environmental protection agency that also oversees wildlife, declined repeated requests for comment.

The agency is working through courts to force Borges to have the male tigers undergo vasectomies so they can't reproduce. It also wants his caretaker license confiscated and to obtain the cats. Borges appealed and the matter is pending before a federal court.

Ary's daughter Nayara Borges, 20, who grew up with the tiger cubs sleeping in her bed until they became too big, says she thinks the big cats would be mistreated if taken away, "and our family would go into a severe depression."

Her sister Uyara, 23, agreed, saying the cats are family after spending so many years with the Borges.

"At first we were scared of them, but as time went on, we saw them every day, fed them, gave them baths and water, and we started to fall in love with them," Uyara said. "We never thought we could live with such ferocious animals."

Uyara trusts the cats so much, she even allows her 2-year-old daughter Rayara to sit atop them.

Experts, however, question the Borges family's efforts.

"It's crazy," said Patty Finch, executive director of the Washington-based Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries. "It's a very dangerous situation, especially if there are young children around, they easily trigger a tiger's hunting instinct."

Finch said that "you will see people sometimes get lucky for a while, but sooner or later an accident is going to happen. You never know what's going to set these animals off because they're wild."

Instead of promoting the animal's welfare, Finch said the Borges have done the opposite.

"Breeding in captivity doesn't help conserve the tigers unless they're bred in their native habitat and there is a plan to release them," she said. "They can't get habituated to people. They're condemning these tigers to a life of captivity."

The Borges family isn't hearing any of it.

Inside a high fenced-in area where the tigers now sleep, Borges roughhoused with the animals, playfully slapping one on the flank and then leapt atop him, holding onto the animal's fur with both fists and grinning widely as the cat growled.

"My father would die or kill himself if these tigers are taken away," Uyara said. "They're everything to us, they're my brothers. We've lived with them day and night for eight years."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwidefc2wpc&feature=player_embedded

http://thestar.blogs.com/dailybeast/2013/09/the-daily-beast-tiger-whisperer-.html
http://www.egistonline.com/content/2013/09/26/are-you-scared-tigers-see-man-who-lives-7-tigers-his-family-photos
South Americans and your magic sef
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Akeem79(m): 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
No comment just read my signature cheesy
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by horleryeday92(m): 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2013
hmm, I will wait for the concluding part.
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by lomprico(m): 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
nerodenero: Blockhead!!!2 Lionesses were mentioned in the article.
Slowpoke!! When this post came out there was only one pix of a tiger n d family with the link, no write ups. And d bumb azz called d tiger a lion. This also goes to laplace19 and co.
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Tiwanna(f): 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
Deadly and risky. Awaiting meals to be served one day.
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by IYANGBALI: 12:26am On Oct 02, 2013
enigmagu1: I pray they feed the lion well if not ...
nairaland will complete the story in future......
They are tigers not lions
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by enigmagu1(m): 7:54am On Oct 02, 2013
lomprico:

iyam not alone i av 34 likes.......
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by colonelneo: 9:11am On Oct 02, 2013
hhhmmm, tigerz
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by tpiander: 5:06am On Sep 04, 2015
lord have mercy.
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by tpiander: 5:07am On Sep 04, 2015
Shyna112:
I no they are fake Tigers

they seem real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Experience A Solar Eclipse On November 3rd / Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano / UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.