Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni (42702 Views)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
Katsumoto: @ Pazienza

I am not responding to your posts because your are not making any sense. I have no time for dullards today; it is Monday morning.

I have provided sources to back EVERY single assertion I have made. Dede1 made a ridiculous claim and I am satisfied that I have proven it was a lie. That much is obvious to any one with half a brain.

As at January 1966, there were 330 officers in the Armed Forces.

Igbo (Other South) Yoruba North Total
104 43 67 116 330

Source: Robin Luckham's book. You can go and verify it yourself

You lot make assertions and when asked to prove your assertions, you runaway or give excuses. You made a bogus claim about the appointments Ironsi made. Provide your source instead you are shouting like a drunken sailor in a LovePeddler house. You either provide your source or you sod off. Don't for one second think that every one attended the same sort of village schools you attended where facts are determined by the strongest men. You simply say it and others accept it.

In intellectual circles, when you make a claim, you supply a source. It is then the prerogative of your peers or tutors to verify your sources. That is the procedure when you write a dissertation or any other similar work.

You either borrow a brain or you ask the brightest person in your village to help with with simple explanations. Maybe if they translate it to you in Igbo, you might understand better.

Luckham is a human and not a god,even him is liable to deceit and false propaganda, it is not good enough to say igbos constituted any percentage of the officer corp,any tom, dick and harry can say any thing he likes and that serves his purpose, so quoting lukham like he is god cannot help you here, anybody can get any source to back up whatever claim he is making. All we want is for you and luckham to list the name of all the members of the military corp,so that we can use it to determine how he arrived at his figures and percentages, until you and luckham do that, nobody is going to take you serious here.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by softwareman(m): 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2013

I am not responding to your posts because your are not making any sense. I have no time for dullards today; it is Monday morning.

I have provided sources to back EVERY single assertion I have made. Dede1 made a ridiculous claim and I am satisfied that I have proven it was a lie. That much is obvious to any one with half a brain.

104 43 67 116 330

You lot make assertions and when asked to prove your assertions, you runaway or give excuses. You made a bogus claim about the appointments Ironsi made. Provide your source instead you are shouting like a drunken sailor in a LovePeddler house. You either provide your source or you sod off. Don't for one second think that every one attended the same sort of village schools you attended where facts are determined by the strongest men. You simply say it and others accept it.

In intellectual circles, when you make a claim, you supply a source. It is then the prerogative of your peers or tutors to verify your sources. That is the procedure when you write a dissertation or any other similar work.

You either borrow a brain or you ask the brightest person in your village to help with with simple explanations. Maybe if they translate it to you in Igbo, you might understand better.
My man I must give it to you. You are very exceptional and meticulous the way you make your points. I doff my hat.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Again,i would advise you stop the use of vulgar language lto address anyone here,cos if i start my own, seun will be forced to close down this thread.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
pazienza: Again,i would advise you stop the use of vulgar language like to address anyone here,cos if i start my own, seun will be forced to close down this thread.

Don't talk.....shoot!
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
ilugunboy: Now I see why Hausas and Igbos will always be mortal enemies.

They both just don't have the grounds nor the temperament for reaching compromise.....and their differences are so huge and wide that it cannot be papered over.
Those two are the problems in Nigeria. One openly shows he can't stand others, the other pretends he can stand others even though he knows he truly hates everyone else.

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
Now,for any young igbo guy reading this thread, i would encourage you to go read the article titled ''response to grumbling in the army, ihejirika and others'', it is a very thought provoking and educative article any young igbo person must read, it equally talked about ironsi appointments, i think there is a thread about that article on nairaland here.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by softwareman(m): 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
pazienza:

Luckham is a human and not a god,even him is liable to deceit and false propaganda, it is not good enough to say igbos constituted any percentage of the officer corp,any tom, dick and harry can say any thing he likes and that serves his purpose, so quoting lukham like he is god cannot help you here, anybody can get any source to back up whatever claim he is making. All we want is for you and luckham to list the name of all the members of the military corp,so that we can use it to determine how he arrived at his figures and percentages, until you and luckham do that, nobody is going to take you serious here.
The figures he quoted were precisely quoted by general madiebo in his book, the Nigerian revolution and the biafran war and validated by njoku in his book.
While the igbos dominated the senior officer corps from rank of major above, the junior corps was dominated by northerners.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by DerideGull(m): 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
Katsumoto:

First, the problem with debating with someone who hasn't developed completely is that you run the danger of shouting yourself hoarse. You made a claim that Ndigbo constituted 87% of the officer corp at January 1966. After I challenged you, you revised it to 67%. I then provided the stats in Robin Luckham's book (The Nigerian Military: A Sociological Analysis of Authority and Revolt 1960-67) which provides that Ndigbo constituted about a third of the officer corp. I subsequently provided stats from Norman Miners book (The Nigerian Army 1956 - 1966) as a second source. As typical of you, you challenged both authors and provided a list of Igbo officer names. Now I have to be careful because I don't know the level of your education but you see, to arrive at a percentage, you need a numerator and a denominator. You provided the numerator (number of Igbo officers) but how can we arrive at a percentage if you don't provide the denominator (the names of all soldiers)? The debate was never about who had more officers in the army. You told an idiotic lie and I challenged you. And then I provided two CREDIBLE sources to prove that you were telling bigger fibs than Pinocchio. See link below for all the quotes Dede1 made (87%, 67% and 50%)

https://www.nairaland.com/553304/lies-awolowo-igbos/5#8824979

Second, you are exhibiting the same sort of obdurate insensitivity exhibited by Ironsi and his advisory council of ALL Igbo men when they decided that 76% of promotions were going to be filled by Igbo soldiers. Igbo officers had killed the PM, the Northern and Western Premiers, a number of distinguished soldiers, pregnant women, etc and you think that a few months after these murders and also considering the fact that the plotters had not being tried, was satisfactory for a moratorium to be lifted? And yet you lot wonder why the Northerners struck 6 months. It is this sort of cluelessness that put Ndigbo into trouble. When you justify a stupid action, others will commit a stupid action as well and justify it.

There is no doubt your skill in obfuscation is becoming as legendary as in your “copy and paste”. I urge you to think for a monument that Nowa Omoigui or Robin Luckham never existed. I expect you to backup your claims through self-indulgence and exploratory researcher.

If you can not compile the list of Yoruba officers in Nigerian armed forces prior to January 15, 1966, you are a conformist to what Europeans think of Africans, educated lazy stiffs.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Eledan: 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

Why was it that it was only the Igbo officers and politicians that the benevolence God and act of omission / commission were kind too?

With them....all the plans just failed...while with others....everything went seemingly as planned.

Enjoy your deceits....

Hummmmmmmmm

That is a deep gap that the dots in the other side story cannot easily connect.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
software man:
The figures he quoted were precisely quoted by general madiebo in his book, the Nigerian revolution and the biafran war and validated by njoku in his book.
While the igbos dominated the senior officer corps from rank of major above, the junior corps was dominated by northerners.

Names,names,names. Give me names or just shut up, you don't go about throwing percentages around without providing a list.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
DerideGull:

There is no doubt your skill in obfuscation is becoming as legendary as in your “copy and paste”. I urge you to think for a monument that Nowa Omoigui or Robin Luckham never existed. I expect you to backup your claims through self-indulgence and exploratory researcher.

If you can not compile the list of Yoruba officers in Nigerian armed forces prior to January 15, 1966, you are a conformist to what Europeans think of Africans, educated lazy stiffs.

Dede,... please exit this thread if all you are going to be doing is trolling and throwing vulgarities all over the place. angry
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
DerideGull:

You made the claim Dede1, it is your responsibility to support that claim. Do I need to hire a primary school tutor to explain percentages to you?

How did you arrive at 87%, and the revised figures of 67% and 50%? There are 5 oranges, 3 apples, and two pears in a bowl of fruits. Oranges are 50% of the fruits in the bowl. Is that too hard for you to comprehend? Dribbling around this basic principle shows you either have the intelligence of a 5 year old or you aren't man enough to accept that you lied or made a mistake. That is unbecoming for anyone who believes he has honour.

Again, I never made any claims about Yoruba officers in the Army. I never argued that there were more Igbo officers but I only challenged your lie.

4 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
Katsumoto:

You made the claim Dede1, it is your responsibility to support that claim. Do I need to hire a primary school tutor to explain percentages to you?

How did you arrive at 87%, and the revised figures of 67% and 50%? There are 5 oranges, 3 apples, and two pears in a bowl of fruits. Oranges are 50% of the fruits in the bowl. Is that too hard for you to comprehend? Dribbling around this basic principle shows you either have the intelligence of a 5 year old or you aren't man enough to accept that you lied or made a mistake. That is unbecoming for anyone who believes he has honour.

Again, I never made any claims about Yoruba officers in the Army. I never argued that there were more Igbo officers but I only challenged your lie.

Names,names,names. Give us your luckham list of names. Dede1 showed he is an objective person, he thought the percentage of igbos were as high as 80's in percentage, but when he got hold of his list, he posted it here, and subsequently reviewed his stance and percentages,in accordance to his list, that shows he is objective. But you, you are yet to provide a list, but you want us to accept luckham ranting, apparently cos he is a white man,and hence a god, okwa ya?
Give us your list with names or keep shut.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by nku5: 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

Why was it that it was only the Igbo officers and politicians that the benevolence God and act of omission / commission were kind too?

With them....all the plans just failed...while with others....everything went seemingly as planned.

Enjoy your deceits....

There is no word like deceits, are u sure u passed waec?

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by DerideGull(m): 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2013

104 43 67 116 330

The above post is typical inherent idiocy only found among Africans. How could you insinuate that you proved Dede1 wrong with statistical numbers proved by a hack writer such as Robin Luckham?

Dede1 in his usual infinite wisdom provided numbers, names and ranks to match his claim yet tribal pressure blinded you to intellectual reality. I recall the list Dede1 provided did not even mention juniors officers beyond the rank of Captain as venerable Dede1 purposely omitted the names of your favorite Igbo officers such as Lt Osuama and Lt Oguchi.

To further prove you are goofy as Robin Luckham, I went back to the link you provided in your previous post to cull the Dede1’s list.

Igbo Officers in Nigerian Army as of January 15, 1966 by Dede1

Maj Gen JTU Aguiyi Ironsi
Lt Col E C Ojukwu
Lt Col H Njoku
Lt Col P Anwuanah
Lt Col A Madiebo
Lt Col I Imo
Lt Col O Kalu
Lt Col Conrad Nwawo
Lt Col S B Nwajei
Lt Col J Ochei
Lt Col M Okwechime
Lt Col Arthur Unegbe
Lt Col G Ukonweze
Lt Col I C Okoro
Lt Col Anthony Eze
Lt Col R Trimmel
Lt Col M D Morah
Maj K C Nzeogwu
Maj D C Okafor
Maj D O Okafor
Maj P C Amadi
Maj M Ivanso
Maj I Ohanehi
Maj B A Adigio
Maj Eamma Ihieanacho
Maj K Megwa
Maj Ifeanyi N C Aniebo
Maj (Engr) E Aghanya
Maj A Kashi
Maj H Igboba
Maj Chude Soki (Sqn Ldr)
Maj Alister Drummond (Sqn Ldr)
Maj D Ogunewe
Maj M Nzefili
Maj John Obienu
Maj C Anuforo
Maj E Ifeajuna
Maj T Onwuatuegwu
Maj C Chukwuka
Maj C C Emelifeonwu
Maj F C Akagha
Maj E Olehi
Maj C C Ude
Maj J O C Ihidigbo
Maj (Dr) A N Okonkwo
Maj. Unice Emordi
Maj H S U Olisakwe
Maj D O Orogbu
Maj. T E Nzegwu (Sqn Ldr)
Maj P C Obi (Sqn Ldr)
Maj David Odiwo (Sqn Ldr)
Maj E Anuku (Lt Cmdr)
Capt Emeka Ananaba
Capt G. Ezeilo (Flt Lieutenant)
Capt (Engr) E M Udeaja (Flt Lieutenant)
Capt O Akosa (Flt Lieutenant)
Capt R A Ogbonna
Capt P C Okoye
Capt. Andrew Nwankwo (Flt Lieutenant)
Capt E Nwobosi
Capt M Ogbochie
Capt E N Opara
Capt E C Okeke
Capt (Dr) S Ofole
Capt B Gbulie
Capt B O Nnamani
Capt I C Dilibe
Capt C Iloputaife
Capt T O Iweanya
Capt R I Agbazue
Capt J Isichie
Capt S E Maduebun
Capt O Oji
Capt I U Idika
Capt Ogunro
Capt J C Ihiedigbo
Capt E Amadi
Capt G N Okonkwo
Capt Igbokwe
Capt H A Auna
Capt J I Chukwueke
Capt Goddy Ude
Capt P U Okeke
Capt Sam. Uwakwe
Capt Obioha
Capt M O Nwokeji
Capt F O Alili
Capt D Ugwuzor
Capt P J Oduocha
Capt J C Onyeka
Capt A U Offia
Capt N O Idika
Capt F A C Osuji
Capt R O Ejiofor
Capt J C Avugara
Capt J M Nwopi
Capt M N Nzerogu
Capt F O Ossai
Capt Esther Offor (Nee Opara)
Capt P O Onyekweli
Capt R I Agbaje
Capt P A Anakwe
Capt O Agbogu
Capt J U Egere
Capt I S Okeke
Capt S I J Wigwe
Capt C O Ogbu
Capt D G Akonno
Capt U Okoronkwo
Capt M M Kalu
Capt E Onyejiaka
Capt A N Enyiomah
Capt P J Odu (Lieutenant)
Capt L A Mbaneme (Lieutenant)
Capt E Ukiwe (Lieutenant)
Capt A G Ozumba (Lieutenant)
Capt Ndubisi Kanu (Lieutenant)
Capt O C Okosi (Lieutenant)
Capt F K U Ochi (Lieutenant)
Capt Mathias Chidobelu
Capt U O Akalonu
Capt J Ohaya
Capt Ahunanya

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 4:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
pazienza:

Names,names,names. Give us your luckham list of names. Dede1 showed he is an objective person, he thought the percentage of igbos were as high as 80's in percentage, but when he got hold of his list, he posted it here, and subsequently reviewed his stance and percentages,in accordance to his list, that shows he is objective. But you, you are yet to provide a list, but you want us to accept luckham ranting, apparently cos he is a white man,and hence a god, okwa ya?
Give us your list with names or keep shut.

Try to solve the two word problems below

1) There were 10 pupils in a class - 3 Nigerians, 2 Kenyans, 3 Indians, and 2 Somalis

What is the percentage of the Nigerians in the class

2) There were 4 Nigerians in a class

What is the percentage of Nigerians in the class

NB - Both questions are mutually exclusive; do not use data provided in either question to support your calculation in the other question.

This are serious questions. Until you answer these questions, I will not respond to you.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
nku5:

There is no word like deceits, are u sure u passed waec?

I did not......but obviously you didn't even attend school. cool
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
Double post
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
DerideGull:

The above post is typical inherent idiocy only found among Africans. How could you insinuate that you proved Dede1 wrong with statistical numbers proved by a hack writer such as Robin Luckham?

Dede1 in his usual infinite wisdom provided numbers, names and ranks to match his claim yet tribal pressure blinded you to intellectual reality. I recall the list Dede1 provided did not even mention junriors officers beyond the rank of Captains as venerable Dede1 purposely omitted the names of your Igbo favorite officers such as Lt Osuama and Lt Oguchi.

To further prove you are goofy as Robin Luckham, I went to link you provided in your previous post to cull the Dede1’s list.

Igbo Officers in Nigerian Army as of January 15, 1966 by Dede1

Maj Gen JTU Aguiyi Ironsi
Lt Col E C Ojukwu
Lt Col H Njoku
Lt Col P Anwuanah
Lt Col A Madiebo
Lt Col I Imo
Lt Col O Kalu
Lt Col Conrad Nwawo
Lt Col S B Nwajei
Lt Col J Ochei
Lt Col M Okwechime
Lt Col Arthur Unegbe
Lt Col G Ukonweze
Lt Col I C Okoro
Lt Col Anthony Eze
Lt Col R Trimmel
Lt Col M D Morah
Maj K C Nzeogwu
Maj D C Okafor
Maj D O Okafor
Maj P C Amadi
Maj M Ivanso
Maj I Ohanehi
Maj B A Adigio
Maj Eamma Ihieanacho
Maj K Megwa
Maj Ifeanyi N C Aniebo
Maj (Engr) E Aghanya
Maj A Kashi
Maj H Igboba
Maj Chude Soki (Sqn Ldr)
Maj Alister Drummond (Sqn Ldr)
Maj D Ogunewe
Maj M Nzefili
Maj John Obienu
Maj C Anuforo
Maj E Ifeajuna
Maj T Onwuatuegwu
Maj C Chukwuka
Maj C C Emelifeonwu
Maj F C Akagha
Maj E Olehi
Maj C C Ude
Maj J O C Ihidigbo
Maj (Dr) A N Okonkwo
Maj. Unice Emordi
Maj H S U Olisakwe
Maj D O Orogbu
Maj. T E Nzegwu (Sqn Ldr)
Maj P C Obi (Sqn Ldr)
Maj David Odiwo (Sqn Ldr)
Maj E Anuku (Lt Cmdr)
Capt Emeka Ananaba
Capt G. Ezeilo (Flt Lieutenant)
Capt (Engr) E M Udeaja (Flt Lieutenant)
Capt O Akosa (Flt Lieutenant)
Capt R A Ogbonna
Capt P C Okoye
Capt. Andrew Nwankwo (Flt Lieutenant)
Capt E Nwobosi
Capt M Ogbochie
Capt E N Opara
Capt E C Okeke
Capt (Dr) S Ofole
Capt B Gbulie
Capt B O Nnamani
Capt I C Dilibe
Capt C Iloputaife
Capt T O Iweanya
Capt R I Agbazue
Capt J Isichie
Capt S E Maduebun
Capt O Oji
Capt I U Idika
Capt Ogunro
Capt J C Ihiedigbo
Capt E Amadi
Capt G N Okonkwo
Capt Igbokwe
Capt H A Auna
Capt J I Chukwueke
Capt Goddy Ude
Capt P U Okeke
Capt Sam. Uwakwe
Capt Obioha
Capt M O Nwokeji
Capt F O Alili
Capt D Ugwuzor
Capt P J Oduocha
Capt J C Onyeka
Capt A U Offia
Capt N O Idika
Capt F A C Osuji
Capt R O Ejiofor
Capt J C Avugara
Capt J M Nwopi
Capt M N Nzerogu
Capt F O Ossai
Capt Esther Offor (Nee Opara)
Capt P O Onyekweli
Capt R I Agbaje
Capt P A Anakwe
Capt O Agbogu
Capt J U Egere
Capt I S Okeke
Capt S I J Wigwe
Capt C O Ogbu
Capt D G Akonno
Capt U Okoronkwo
Capt M M Kalu
Capt E Onyejiaka
Capt A N Enyiomah
Capt P J Odu (Lieutenant)
Capt L A Mbaneme (Lieutenant)
Capt E Ukiwe (Lieutenant)
Capt A G Ozumba (Lieutenant)
Capt Ndubisi Kanu (Lieutenant)
Capt O C Okosi (Lieutenant)
Capt F K U Ochi (Lieutenant)
Capt Mathias Chidobelu
Capt U O Akalonu
Capt J Ohaya
Capt Ahunanya

And how does this prove 87% or 67% or 50%? Let us test your knowledge of percentages.

1) There were 10 pupils in a class - 3 Nigerians, 2 Kenyans, 3 Indians, and 2 Somalis

NB - Both questions are mutually exclusive; do not use data provided in either question to support your calculation in the other question.

This are serious questions.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by DerideGull(m): 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

Dede,... please exit this thread if all you are going to be doing is trolling and throwing vulgarities all over the place. angry

Sharaaap there!!! Do not attempt to enjoy senior’s joke.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by softwareman(m): 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
pazienza:

Names,names,names. Give me names or just shut up, you don't go about throwing percentages around without providing a list.
Nonsense. The other guy provided sources as to the total number of army officers broken down by region, he said it is not credible. I provided sources where fellow IGBOS validated the same figures, you are saying I should provide the names of the entire 330 officers in the Nigerian army then! I see you do not have any more valid point.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
DerideGull:

Sharaaap there!!! Do not attempt to enjoy senior’s joke.

The ultimate problem with you is that you are still living in this archaic past....locked down in the civil war era.

That is the only reason you never make sense to non-Igbos.

Bitterness towards non-Igbo Nigerians and Nigeria is suffocating your existence.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
Katsumoto:

And how does this prove 87% or 67% or 50%? Let us test your knowledge of percentages.

Provide luckham list of names,how difficult can that be? Unless of course,neither you nor luckham have any list,both of you were just pulling out percentages from thin air.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by DerideGull(m): 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
Katsumoto:

The above is arrant nonsense. The list provided by Dede1 had already trumped the number of Igbo officers provided by your god, Robin Luckham. Unless a person is emotionally blind, the crap provided by partisan Robin Luckham was just a fraud. I guess the joker secured huge contract from federal government of Nigeria by providing such feel-happy list to massage the primordial ego of western and northern regions of Nigeria as well set in motion that northerners were born to rule in Nigeria during the civil war

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Katsumoto:

This are serious questions. Until you answer these questions, I will not respond to you.
lmaoooo
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
software man:
Nonsense. The other guy provided sources as to the total number of army officers broken down by region, he said it is not credible. I provided sources where fellow IGBOS validated the same figures, you are saying I should provide the names of the entire 330 officers in the Nigerian army then! I see you do not have any more valid point.

What are you talking about? Who is madiebo, is he a god? Sowie,i am an igbo,in igboland no one is taken as a god,they are only respected. I don't give a damn about madiebo,but i care to see the full list with names,it can't be that hard to provide,unless neither luckham,madiebo,etc had/has the list, in that case,we can safely say that they were pulling out their percentages from thin air.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by DerideGull(m): 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
pazienza:

Provide luckham list of names,how difficult can that be? Unless of course,neither you nor luckham have any list,both of you were just pulling out percentages from thin air.

Bros I have asked for the list as compiled by Robin Luckham. It is almost a decade such request was made yet all we hear is all about goofy stuff said by a British lunatic called Robin Luckham. I mean any fool can throw in figures and percentiles however names and ranks beat such acts of idiocy any day.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
DerideGull:

The above is arrant nonsense. The list provided by Dede1 had already trumped the number of Igbo officers provided by your god, Robin Luckham. Unless a person is emotionally blind, the crap provided by partisan Robin Luckham was just a fraud. I guess the joker secured huge contract from federal government of Nigeria by providing such feel-happy list to massage the primordial ego of western and northern regions of Nigeria as well set in motion that northerners were born to rule in Nigeria during the civil war

No! Luckham is a white man, a british for that matter,he is a god,and his rantings are sacred and not to be questioned,as he is not liable to deceit and fraud. Haha! Ndi ara, don't mind them.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by nku5: 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Katsumoto:

First, this are after the event lies stories. Ademoyega who wasn't in Enugu is telling us that Oguchi found Okpara in the Premier's lodge but Mbu is telling us that the soldiers attempted to shoot Okpara at the airport. Which is it really? Neither Mbu nor Ademulegun was at the airport and both are telling stories that contradict one another ostensibly because they weren't really witnesses to the events. It is very obvious that these lies were concocted after the coup failed to make it seem like an attempt was made.

Second, let us look at the manner in which some non-Igbos were killed

Bello

'After losing his temper at his initial failure to locate him, Nzeogwu found Bello hiding with his wives. Bello was shot by Nzeogwu. Bello’s faithful bodyguard who came to defend him with a bow and arrows was also shot, as well as one of his wives who tried to shield him with her body.'

Ademulegun

'According to the Majors’ version of events, Ademulegun reached for a drawer beside his bed, and as he did so, Onwuategwu shot him dead in his bed, along with Ademulegun’s wife who was lying beside him.'

Source: The Inside Story of Nigeria’s First Military Coup - Max Siollun

Shodeinde

164. By this time the Colonel was awake and sitting up in bed. Mrs. Shodeinde started to cry and beg for her life. Nzeogwu assured her that they had not come to kill her but her husband the Colonel. When she continued shouting, the other soldiers shot at her legs, wounding her several times.

165. Major Nzeogwu and the others then commenced firing at the Colonel whilst still in bed, who fell down dead or dying by the side of the bed. Mrs. Shodeinde then fled from the room and ran for shelter to the servant's quarters where she remained until theattackers left.

Source: Special Branch Report: "Military Rebellion of 15th January 1966"

Reading the above, one can conclude that the Igbo officers had no regards for the lives of non-Igbo human beings and didn't hesitate to waste their lives. Contrast these three stories with the bogus lie told by Mbu and you will see that these are some of the worst instances of evil and deadly tribalism. Three men and their wives were shot at. The three men died, two of the women died (one was pregnant), while another PREGNANT woman was wounded in the legs through gun shots.

Third, it is obvious that tribalism played a part in the planning for the murders. How does one explain armed units going led by majors, two in some cases, going after non-Igbo targets but only a lieutenant was sent after Okpara? I don't buy the excuse of Chude-Sokei going abrood. If Chude-Sokei was going abroad, why wasn't he replaced by one of the other majors?

To be honest I just spotted that contradiction. I'd rather go along with ademoyega's account since the bone of contention is igbo partiality during the coup and ademoyega isn't igbo. Also several independent accounts have it that okpara was in the governors's lodge with the president of Cyprus at the time of the attack.

Regarding the varying degrees of brutality let's look at it without sentiment. Ademulegun reached for a drawer with guns aimed at him. Ahmadu bello's bodyguard tried to use his bow and arrow and he attempted to evade them, note that nzeogwu was reportedly angry. Unegbe (an igbo man) resisted and was shot dead. Compare those scenarios to the haphazard ebugu operation as described in my previous post and the situation okpara was found in.

As for your not believing the same max siollun who u quoted that Chude-Sokei was abroad because it doesnt support your argument raises an eyebrow to be honest with you.

Igbo phobia fuelled by the poisonous rhetoric and hate speeches by the likes of ahmadu bello and akintola made it easy to goad the masses into believing conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by nku5: 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

I did not......but obviously you didn't even attend school. cool

"deceits" indeed. Lol
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by softwareman(m): 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
pazienza:

What are you talking about? Who is madiebo, is he a god? Sowie,i am an igbo,in igboland no one is taken as a god,they are only respected. I don't give a damn about madiebo,but i care to see the full list with names,it can't be that hard to provide,unless neither luckham,madiebo,etc had/has the list, in that case,we can safely say that they were pulling out their percentages from thin air.
To arrive at a percentage, all we need is the total population of the officer corps and the total number of igbo officers as at 1966. If I use your list of the total number of igbo officers against the total number of the officer corps as at 1966, 135/330 ×100 does that come to 87% ? All you need to counter me here is dispute the two figures of 135 and 330 to show how you arrived at your percentage. You do not need a full list of names to arrive at a percentage figure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

Buhari Campaigns In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (Live Updates) / See Boko Haram's Website / "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.