Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (39937 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 4:51pm On Apr 20, 2016
Gombs:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wetin dey make you laugh? angry

My friend Gombs, how u dey? grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2016
Candour:

Wetin dey make you laugh? angry

My friend Gombs, how u dey? grin

I dey fine o... na the tithe matter dey make me laugh
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 10:52am On Apr 21, 2016
Gombs:

I dey fine o... na the tithe matter dey make me laugh

OK.....
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
Openmine, This thread has being instrumental for years... a bit long, but profitable.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
Gombs:
Openmine, This thread has being instrumental for years... a bit long, but profitable.

One of the most involving threads back in the days.

Its a library of some of the best discussions on the subject of tithes.

I have no hesitation to recommend it to any seeker.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
Candour:

exactly bro!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
Candour:

Longest time brother. Sure you're living in the great grace of God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 4:34pm On Apr 22, 2016
Goshen360:

Longest time brother. Sure you're living in the great grace of God.

Yes o my broad. I'm flexing in the grace of God cheesy

Just got bored with arguments cheesy

Trust you're doing great?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by SirJohn(m): 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
Hey Guys longest time! been away from the religion section, in fact, I've only been showing up as a guest on NL smiley smiley
Lots of important things to do jooor; been having a blast with fatherhood jare

Candour four mentions from your post on the 500k pledge. . . Errmmm!! NO COMMENTS wink

Gombs, Joagbaje, Goshen360, et al I hail o

peace!

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 5:26pm On Apr 22, 2016
SirJohn:
Hey Guys longest time! been away from the religion section, in fact, I've only been showing up as a guest on NL smiley smiley

Candour four mentions from your post on the 500k pledge. . . Errmmm!! NO COMMENTS wink

peace!

My dear brother, longest time abeg.

Congrats on fatherhood. Why you no invite me to chop rice na?? How's the baby and madam? Regards.

Trust all is well with you anyways. Me sef got tired of the arguments and that fake miracle ish got me in more ways than I thought possible but anyway, its well wink

I think pasitor Jo is still gathering tithes to pay his debt. You can see he's not happy someone opened a thread to ask us to eat our tithes as commanded in Deut 14:22-26 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by annunaki2(m): 5:28pm On Apr 22, 2016
SirJohn:

peace!

Abeg remember me if and when you collect your 500k oh grin

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
Candour:

Yes o my broad. I'm flexing in the grace of God cheesy

Just got bored with arguments cheesy

Trust you're doing great?

I'm fine o my brother. Everybody get beta things to do than continue all these argument. I'm always peeping on this section to see what's up with folks, just don't contribute much.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
SirJohn:

peace!

Hey my brother. I'm fine. Don't mind Joe, at least he can't fulfill his own words. When you get the 500k, please do remember your tithes and Apostolic offering o.... grin grin grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
SirJohn:

peace!

Sir, I hail jare... you just wake leave area!

Mbaemeka, Bidam, Idnoble, etc. I almost thought you deactivated too. Great to have you back jare. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 8:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
Praise God Jesus is Lord. All hail!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MuttleyLaff: 3:05am On May 31, 2016
Joagbaje:
Income from herbs still refers to money
Income from herbs refers to and means acquired herb increase, gained herb increase or gotten herb increase

Joagbaje:
They gave money as tithe
No, money wasnt involved, they gave nothing as such, nothing in the form of money was paid as tithe

Income from herbs does not still refer to money. They didnt give money as tithe

Let's be attentive to the accuracies of ''ktaomai'' in Luke 18:12 and of ''apodekatoo'' in Luke 11:14 which is where the ''income'' misunderstood translation is derived from

Tithe is paid on the acquired increase by deducting a tenth part of cultivated crops or bred and raised livestock and then give the tenth part away to the Levites to pay as tithe.

Money only comes into the equation when distance or logistics to the Levitical cities becomes an issue, and this is temporary because immediately you arrive at the nearest Levitical city, you are not expected to give the money but you rather are instructed, as seen in Deuteronomy 14:24-26 to spend the tithe money for whatever your heart desires etcetera

24"If the distance is so great for you that you are not able to bring the tithe, since the place where the LORD your God chooses to set His name is too far away from you when the LORD your God blesses you,
25then you shall exchange it for money, and bind the money in your hand and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses.
26"You may spend the money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatever your heart desires; and there you shall eat in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.…
- Deuteronomy 14:24-26

Joagbaje:
It's your opinion
Not my opinion

Joagbaje:
Where does scripture say so?
Are you with this remark pleading ignorance of more than enough scripture that says so?

Joagbaje:
Even if we have to adopt your assumption we are not Tithing based on mosaic law.
So the tithing you're championing isnt based on the Mosaic Law? OK and if so, oblige the readership, and tell what is the tithing you champion based on then?
Are you practising the Abraham 10% tithing or you're practising the Israelites 23 two-third% whole tithing?

Joagbaje:
They gave tithes and offering based on things used for service in the terbernacke and temple. Other things that can't be used there are converted to money. For example . Unclean animals like dog, horse etc cannot be brought to the house of God as tithe or offerings. Such is converted to money called redemption
This narrative is nothing less than a truckload of misinformed assumptions and you've intentionally plus deliberately tried to misinform the unsuspecting reader with it. SMH

Joagbaje:
Beautiful, that tells you that you don't look at tithe issue from one narrow perspective. For example. The reson Abel gave first fruit was different from the reason Isreal gave first fruit.
It is beautiful and invaluable to have a complete perspective of tithe history, so here are some tithing aetiology questions:
What was the reason for Abraham to tithe?
Who commanded Abraham to tithe?
What was the reason for the Israelites to tithe?
Who commanded the Israelites to tithe?

But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.
- Numbers 18:24

17"Otherwise, you may say in your heart, 'My power and the strength of my hand made me this wealth.'
18"But you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
- Deuteronomy 8:17-18

Apart from the facts in Numbers 18:24 and/or from Deuteronomy 8:17-18. why did the Israelites have to tithe?

Joagbaje:
But one thing is clear. There is what is called first fruit. Same thing hi for offering, tithes and any other sacred act of worship
Tithing no doubt was common in Abraham's days but surprisingly he was recorded as doing it only once

The other thing that ought to be clear too, is the discontinuity of tithing in this dispensation
Where there is a first, there is a last, a beginning, an ending, and a start and a stop. That is clear about tithing

Joagbaje:
A pastor is rather a number one tither and giver. Some of you just create funny idea of who a pastor is. Firstly a pastor is a christian . He has his own job or business at least 90% of pastors in redeem, winners CEC . Have their jobs as bankers, oil workers . Business men etc. one of the criterial to send a man out to pastor is that he has a good job. I said in the other thread that of of CEC pastors was the highest paid in chevron in the whole of Africa or west Africa . His millions are rather going into the work of ministry . The Pastor gives tithes and offerings like every other Christian. Church money is not the pastors money . Every ministry has their financial structure. On staff salary, church maintainance, rentals. And in few cases allowance for the pastor if he is on full time work. When a pastor has so many churches under him and lay pastoring many not give the work enough attention he may be required to resign from his job and go into full time ministry. It's inly on that ground he may recieve allowance or salary. All these internet picture some of you paint of who a pastor is make one laugh
You are joking on EVERY point with this narrative, aren't you?
If you werent joking, then you have to be careful here
Contrarily to scripture, you obviously ascribe to a hierarchy with a pastor at the helm of the organization
so within the context of your narrative and painted organization, what is the difference between Pastor and pastor
and when is pastor a noun, when is pastor a verb or when is pastor both?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 6:24am On May 31, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Income from herbs refers to and means acquired herb increase, gained herb increase or gotten herb increase

No, money wasnt involved, they gave nothing as such, nothing in the form of money was paid as tithe

Income from herbs does not still refer to money. They didnt give money as tithe

Let's be attentive to the accuracies of ''ktaomai'' in Luke 18:12 and of ''apodekatoo'' in Luke 11:14 which is where the ''income'' misunderstood translation is derived from

Tithe is paid on the acquired increase by deducting a tenth part of cultivated crops or bred and raised livestock and then give the tenth part away to the Levites to pay as tithe.

Money only comes into the equation when distance or logistics to the Levitical cities becomes an issue, and this is temporary because immediately you arrive at the nearest Levitical city, you are not expected to give the money but you rather are instructed, as seen in Deuteronomy 14:24-26 to spend the tithe money for whatever your heart desires etcetera

24"If the distance is so great for you that you are not able to bring the tithe, since the place where the LORD your God chooses to set His name is too far away from you when the LORD your God blesses you,
25then you shall exchange it for money, and bind the money in your hand and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses.
26"You may spend the money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatever your heart desires; and there you shall eat in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.…

Not my opinion

Oh really? How does the man who rare and sell dogs or horses give his tithe? How does the person who deals on perishable crops give tithes .

Are you with this remark pleading ignorance of more than enough scripture that says so?

So the tithing you're championing isnt based on the Mosaic Law? OK and if so, oblige the readership, and tell what is the tithing you champion based on then?
Are you practising the Abraham 10% tithing or you're practising the Israelites 23 two-third% whole tithing?

This narrative is nothing less than a truckload of misinformed assumptions and you've intentionally plus deliberately tried to misinform the unsuspecting reader with it. SMH

It is beautiful and invaluable to have a complete perspective of tithe history, so here are some tithing aetiology questions:
What was the reason for Abraham to tithe?
Who commanded Abraham to tithe?
What was the reason for the Israelites to tithe?
Who commanded the Israelites to tithe?

My point is clear by the thread title . Tithes and offerings are eternal principles in Gods kingdom.

The other thing that ought to be clear too, is the discontinuity of tithing in this dispensation

where was it written .

Where there is a first, there is a last, a beginning, an ending, and a start and a stop. That is clear about tithing

just human analogy . when will God end. when will worship end,when will prayers end? they should have ended with your assumed tithe ending too.

You are joking on EVERY point with this narrative, aren't you?
If you werent joking, then you have to be careful here
Contrarily to scripture, you obviously ascribe to a hierarchy with a pastor at the helm of the organization
so within the context of your narrative and painted organization, what is the difference between Pastor and pastor
and when is pastor a noun, when is pastor a verb or when is pastor both?

Kindly decipher your poem here
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MuttleyLaff: 9:06am On May 31, 2016
Joagbaje:
Oh really? How does the man who rare and sell dogs or horses give his tithe? How does the person who deals on perishable crops give tithes .

Depending which ''dog'' you mean here
If you rear and sell dogs or horses, you are expected to give tithe on your increase

Joagbaje:
My point is clear by the thread title. Tithes and offerings are eternal principles in Gods kingdom
The thread's title is mischievous and the posting premises calculating
because you build on principles and not stationary park on principles

Joagbaje:
where was it written
Look it up in the bible

Joagbaje:
just human analogy . when will God end. when will worship end, when will prayers end? they should have ended with your assumed tithe ending too
Tithing has got nothing to do with when will God end, when will worship end, when will prayers end

But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.
- Numbers 18:24

17"Otherwise, you may say in your heart, 'My power and the strength of my hand made me this wealth.'
18"But you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
- Deuteronomy 8:17-18

Tithing was something God commanded to be done in order to achieve something else
and that is why I asked that, apart from the facts in Numbers 18:24 and/or from Deuteronomy 8:17-18 why do you think the Israelites had to tithe?

Since you parried answering that question, how am I able to ask the other question and get an response to: Why do you think you have to tithe?

Joagbaje:
Kindly decipher your poem here
If you perceived it as poetry, take it from it wasnt intentional, it was accidental and not deliberate

Now again, you used ''The Pastor'' and ''pastor'' in your narrative
The following are two or more snippets repeating how you used them:
- A pastor is rather a number one tither and giver
- Some of you just create funny idea of who a pastor is. Firstly a pastor is a christian...
- The Pastor gives tithes and offerings like every other Christian....
- When a pastor has so many churches under him....

In the last snippet contrarily to scripture, you obviously ascribe to a hierarchy with a pastor at the helm of the organization
Your parlance particularly with ''The Pastor'' and ''pastor'' beg the questions, what is the difference between The Pastor and pastor
also in your usages, when is pastor a noun, when is pastor a verb or when is pastor both?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 11:17am On May 31, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Depending which ''dog'' you mean here
If you rear and sell dogs or horses, you are expected to give tithe on your increease

That's what I've been trying to point to you .God doesn't accept unclean animals . For tithes or offerings . They redeemed them with cash .

Leviticus 27:27
And if it be of an unclean beast, then he shall redeem it according to thine estimation, and shall add a fifth part of it thereto: or if it be not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to thy estimation.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MuttleyLaff: 11:56am On May 31, 2016
Joagbaje:
That's what I've been trying to point to you. God doesn't accept unclean animals. For tithes or offerings . They redeemed them with cash .

Leviticus 27:27
And if it be of an unclean beast, then he shall redeem it according to thine estimation, and shall add a fifth part of it thereto: or if it be not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to thy estimation.

Happy days with your scriptures cherry-picking. SMH
You don't half make me laugh. So when do you apply Deuteronomy 14:24-26
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 5:54pm On May 31, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

If you perceived it as poetry, take it from it wasnt intentional, it was accidental and not deliberate

Now again, you used ''The Pastor'' and ''pastor'' in your narrati

In the last snippet contrarily to scripture, you obviously ascribe to a hierarchy with a pastor at the helm of the organization
Your parlance particularly with ''The Pastor'' and ''pastor'' beg the questions, what is the difference between The Pastor and pastor

also in your usages, when is pastor a noun, when is pastor a verb or when is pastor both?

If I used such term . There's no difference between a pastor or the pastor . I still don't get you
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 6:02pm On May 31, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

Happy days with your scriptures cherry-picking. SMH
You don't half make me laugh. So when do you apply Deuteronomy 14:24-26

You're mixing two issues together . There were two kinds of tithes . There's the major one done annually they are brought to The lord and recieved by Levites in the temple .

The second one is another ten percent for feasting with the poor . Not thesame as the annual tithes .

My point to you is that men gave money in the temple as tithes and offerings . God doesn't accept unclean animals or blind or lame such were redeemed by money and given to God .thesame way people can sell and given money value
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MuttleyLaff: 10:43pm On May 31, 2016
Joagbaje:
If I used such term.
There's no difference between a pastor or the pastor.
LOL. You have changed ''The Pastor'' to ''the pastor''
I know you're clever and smart enough not to make the error of using ''The Pastor'' next time for man

Joagbaje:
I still don't get you
Don't sweat it. You will get it later, if you presently dont
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MuttleyLaff: 10:43pm On May 31, 2016
Joagbaje:
You're mixing two issues together
I am not mixing two issues together. Far from it,
What I did was, moved on, gone ahead and straightforwardly ask you a simple question that when do you apply Deuteronomy 14:24-26
Have you at any time in past, applied Deuteronomy 14:24-26 or do in the soon or later future intend applying Deuteronomy 14:24-26?

Joagbaje:
There were two kinds of tithes. There's the major one done annually they are brought to The lord and recieved by Levites in the temple
You wouldnt be writing this short story, if you had answered: Are you practising the Abraham 10% tithing or you're practising the Israelites 23 two-third% whole tithing?

Joagbaje:
The second one is another ten percent for feasting with the poor. Not the same as the annual tithes
SMH TMSIDK as in, Tell Me Something I Don't Know

Joagbaje:
My point to you is that men gave money in the temple as tithes and offerings. God doesn't accept unclean animals or blind or lame such were redeemed by money and given to God the same way people can sell and given money value
The point is, you are fanatical about believing that every Biblical times Israelite paid tithe, when the fact of the matter is that, not all Israelites tithed. Income or wages earners did not tithe

For example, hired hands or farm labourers working on Israelite farmlands did not tithe. The farm owner tithes but not the hired hands, because there is no command demanding a tenth of the farm labourer wages

30“One tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain from the fields or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord and must be set apart to him as holy.
31If you want to buy back the Lord’s tenth of the grain or fruit, you must pay its value, plus 20 percent.
32Count off every tenth animal from your herds and flocks and set them apart for the Lord as holy
- Leviticus 27:30-32

I've come to realise you that you're prone to parrying probing questions without responding to them or without answering them.
In spite of that, please reflect deeply on Leviticus 27:30-32 above, then be sincere and honest with yourself when checking whether what you practise as tithing at all resembles Leviticus 27:30-32

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 10:56pm On May 31, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
What I did was, moved on, gone ahead and straightforwardly ask you a simple question that when do you apply Deuteronomy 14:24-26
Have you at any time in past, applied Deuteronomy 14:24-26 or do in the soon or later future intend applying Deuteronomy 14:24-26?

You wouldnt be writing this short story, if you had answered: Are you practising the Abraham 10% tithing or you're practising the Israelites 23 two-third% whole tithing?

SMH TMSIDK as in, Tell Me Something I Don't Know

The point is, you are fanatical about believing that every Biblical times Israelite paid tithe, when the fact of the matter is that, not all Israelites tithed. Income or wages earners did not tithe

For example, hired hands or farm labourers working on Israelite farmlands did not tithe. The farm owner tithes but not the hired hands, because there is no command demanding a tenth of the farm labourer wages

30“One tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain from the fields or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord and must be set apart to him as holy.
31If you want to buy back the Lord’s tenth of the grain or fruit, you must pay its value, plus 20 percent.
32Count off every tenth animal from your herds and flocks and set them apart for the Lord as holy

I've come to realise you that you're prone to parrying probing questions without responding to them or without answering them.
In spite of that, please reflect deeply on Leviticus 27:30-32 above, then be sincere and honest with yourself when checking whether what you practise as tithing at all resembles Leviticus 27:30-32

hehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

How i've longed to hear a very honest answer to that question in bold cheesy

makes me remember my dear egbon Enigma and his wordplays e.g

"we do not lie, we just do not tell the truth"

Hi BabaG, trust you're good bro? wink
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 3:22am On Jun 01, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

what does Deuteronomy 14:24-26 say pls?

Abraham is father of faith , who's faith we follow. Tithing is a principle in Gods kingdom he believes in .

The point is, you are fanatical about believing that every Biblical times Israelite paid tithe, when the fact of the matter is that, not all Israelites tithed. Income or wages earners did not tithe [quote]

Tithe is for everyone who earned. I've showed you money was involved

[quote]For example, hired hands or farm labourers working on Israelite farmlands did not tithe. The farm owner tithes but not the hired hands, because there is no command demanding a tenth of the farm labourer wages

Where did scripture say so.

So you agreed people bought back which means they used money to pay .

What does the scripture say in those verses? Kindly quote them out for us to read. Thanks
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MuttleyLaff: 8:13am On Jun 01, 2016
Joagbaje:
what does Deuteronomy 14:24-26 say pls?
Feign ignorance on what does Deuteronomy 14:24-26 say for as long as you like.
but why arent I not surprised thsat again you're not answering the question(s)

Joagbaje:
Abraham is father of faith, who's faith we follow
SMH LOL, first, you're demostrating biblical illiteracy on the subject of tithing, if you are connecting the phrase ''Abraham is father of faith'' with tithing.
The long and the short of ''Abraham is father of faith'' has nothing whatsoever to do with tithing

SMH, ''Abraham is father of faith, who's faith we follow'' you say, OK Abraham's faith in what gangan are you following?

Joagbaje:
Tithing is a principle in Gods kingdom he believes in
This is very interesting, because tithing was a practice common and prevalent in the society Abraham lived then, even as a matter of fact, tithing existed or was practised earlier than when Abraham first and only one time tithed

Even if what you say is true, it then begs the question, why didnt Abraham continue tithing? Why didnt Abraham tithe more than once?

Joagbaje:
Where did scripture say so.
Never mind if it is strange to you, because it doesnt matter as by your own admission you arent practising the Israelites
The Abraham tithing one you are doing you arent even following it to the letter

Joagbaje:
So you agreed people bought back which means they used money to pay
That is besides the point except if you accept that there is a 20% penalty or surcharge to the original value

Had to go to great lengths to tease out of you that you are practising the Abraham 10% tithing and not practising the Israelites 23 two-third% whole tithing
Now you would now appreciate the probing questions asked you, were done, in order to set boundaries, to establish what form of tithing or whose form of tithing you are practising

It is evident that what you are practising is a hotchpotch and nothing close to the Abraham style or type of tithing you declared doing

Joagbaje:
What does the scripture say in those verses? Kindly quote them out for us to read. Thanks
SMH. Why don't I just altogether drop everything I am doing to kindly quote them out for all to read!
Or maybe I can read it out at bed time
Re-read the post all over again. It's quoted in it. Done already but then pretend again as much as you like

You obviously are one with an averse to receiving too much information or data.
You cant, at a go, handle a lot of information or questioning, (e.g. apart from the facts in Numbers 18:24 and/or from Deuteronomy 8:17-18, why did the Israelites have to tithe? Did Jacob tithe? Why didnt Jacob tithe? etcetera) which is why I've had to resort to holding back
and be biding jumping moment in this Double Dutch (jump rope)

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 3:44am On Jun 02, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Feign ignorance on what does Deuteronomy 14:24-26 say for as long as you like.
but why arent I not surprised thsat again you're not answering the question(s)
SMH LOL, first, you're demostrating biblical illiteracy on the subject of tithing, if you are connecting the phrase ''Abraham is father of faith'' with tithing.
The long and the short of ''Abraham is father of faith'' has nothing whatsoever to do with tithing
SMH, ''Abraham is father of faith, who's faith we follow'' you say, OK Abraham's faith in what gangan are you following?
This is very interesting, because tithing was a practice common and prevalent in the society Abraham lived then, even as a matter of tithing existed or was practised earlier than when Abraham first and only one time tithed
Even if what you say is true, it then begs the question, why didnt Abraham continue tithing? Why didnt Abraham tithe more than once?
Never mind if it is strange to you, because it doesnt matter as by your own admission you arent practising the Israelites
The Abraham tithing one you are doing you arent even following it to the letter
That is besides the point except if you accept that there is a 20% penalty or surcharge to the original value
Had to go to great lengths to tease out of you that you are practising the Abraham 10% tithing and not practising the Israelites 23 two-third% whole tithing
Now you would now appreciate the probing questions asked you, were done, in order to set boundaries, to establish what form of tithing or whose form of tithing you are practising
It is evident that what you are practising is a hotchpotch and nothing close to the Abraham style or type of tithing you declared doing
SMH. Why don't I just altogether drop everything I am doing to kindly quote them out for all to read!
Or maybe I can read it out at bed time
Re-read the post all over again. It's quoted in it. Done already but then pretend again as much as you like
You obviously are one with an averse to receiving too much information or data.
You cant, at a go, handle a lot of information or questioning, (e.g. apart from the facts in Numbers 18:24 and/or from Deuteronomy 8:17-18. why did the Israelites have to tithe? Did Jacob tithe? Why didnt Jacob tithe? etcetera) which is why I've had to resort to holding back
and be biding jumping moment in this Double Dutch (jump rope)

Was wondering if your post needs replying. Seems you're out of options . Read Gen from chapter . Leviticus. . Mattew you will have better understanding of my communication . Aha Malachi 3. Heb 4-7.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MuttleyLaff: 6:40am On Jun 02, 2016
Joagbaje:
Was wondering if your post needs replying. Seems you're out of options
I was wondering if you can handle body blows and do understand your situation, in that you're receiving too much information at one time and cannot think about them or dont have the time to properly think over them
Makes you fell like a boxer in a boxing ring being pummelled mercilessly against the ropes

Again, apart from the facts in Numbers 18:24 and/or from Deuteronomy 8:17-18 why did God demand tithing from the Israelites or why did the Israelites have to tithe?
Do you know why specifically, tithing became an established command for the Israelites?

Joagbaje:
Read Gen from chapter . Leviticus. . Mattew you will have better understanding of my communication. Aha Malachi 3. Heb 4-7.
Every single chapter in the Bible is a hit. From Genesis to Malachi, Matthew to Revelation is a hit. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt back to back.

If tithes and offerings are eternal principles, do you accept that gravity and aerodynamics as well, are external principles too?
Well the thing is, tithing is rendered unnecessary by another principle, just as gravity is rendered inoperative and unnecessary by another principle (i.e. aerodynamics)
Tithing prohibits or prevents believers who are tithe partisans from flying. You cant rise high in the air with gravity. There is a better law, there is a better eternal principle...
That is the decisive or most important point countering the assumptions in the thread and in your postings

Read Hebrews 7:18-19, you'll have a better understanding of my communication and any psychological dependence on tithing will easily be overcomed

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 7:09am On Jun 02, 2016
You tried thanks for stopping by. cool
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MuttleyLaff: 7:18am On Jun 02, 2016
Joagbaje:
You tried thanks for stopping by. cool
Not me, you tried, we tried. Thanks for your sportsmanship displayed cool
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
A good question to put across, Are we Israelites or are we Gentiles? And where in the bible does it say Christians are to tithe?
MuttleyLaff:
I was wondering if you can handle body blows and do understand your situation, in that you're receiving too much information at one time and cannot think about them or dont have the time to properly think over them
Makes you fell like a boxer in a boxing ring being pummelled mercilessly against the ropes

Again, apart from the facts in Numbers 18:24 and/or from Deuteronomy 8:17-18 why did God demand tithing from the Israelites or why did the Israelites have to tithe?
Do you know why specifically, tithing became an established command for the Israelites?

Every single chapter in the Bible is a hit. From Genesis to Malachi, Matthew to Revelation is a hit. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt back to back.

If tithes and offerings are eternal principles, do you accept that gravity and aerodynamics as well, are external principles too?
Well the thing is, tithing is rendered unnecessary by another principle, just as gravity is rendered inoperative and unnecessary by another principle (i.e. aerodynamics)
Tithing prohibits or prevents believers who are tithe partisans from flying. You cant rise high in the air with gravity. There is a better law, there is a better eternal principle...
That is the decisive or most important point countering the assumptions in the thread and in your postings

Read Hebrews 7:18-19, you'll have a better understanding of my communication and any psychological dependence on tithing will easily be overcomed

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Shoprite's Looting In Nigeria Over Xenophobia In SA / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.