Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune (15726 Views)

BankyW Pleads With Teebillz, Tunji Balogun As He Hints At Committing Suicide / Gucci Scarf & Sunglasses BankyW Wore To Ebuka's Wedding (pics) / Olamide, Bankyw, Wizkid At Pool Party With Sexy Bikini Ladies (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by fedrick901(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-qvsROgYk2F4/UkW7J9tSHmI/AAAAAAAAD3Y/sSHIfaPhwis/s320/banky-w-460x440.jpg[/img]

What have you been up to recently?
I’ve been working hard, pretty much. On the music side, I’ve been working on collaborations with different artistes. I’ve recently completed really good songs for Black Magic, Sarkodie, MoCheddah, Lynxxx, Ketchup, Victoria Kimani and Vector. Internally (within EME), I’m contributing to Wizkid’s album, as well as projects for Skales, ShayDee and Niyola. Outside of all this, I’ve been giving speeches at various events, as well as working on a couple of potentially great movie projects.

Is Banky in a relationship?
Not at the moment.

Tell us something no one knows about you.
I’m not sure how many people know this, but I shave my head and shape my beard myself. I’m my own barber. I’ve been doing it for years. It started when I was in University and didn’t have a lot of money, I learnt to maintain it myself so I didn’t need to spend money on it every week. And now I’m good at it so I’m my own barber. I will probably open a barbershop at some point.

Coming up at the 10th position of the Forbes rating, how did you feel?
I don’t believe very much in such things. Let’s be honest, the real wealthy people are the businessmen like Dangote and the politicians (some of whom got there by looting Nigeria). They’re the ones with real money. This entertainment business is too much hype. It is more fame than fortune. So I’m not thrilled to it and I don’t think any of us should buy into it too much. I’d rather be wealthy and quiet than famous and broke.

What is your normal day like?
I try to pray but I definitely need to do a better job at that. At least three or four times a week, I try to put in work-out sessions with my personal trainer. After that it’s a mix of things; meetings, press obligations, social outings and performances or appearances that I’m booked to make.

How did you manage having a scandal free reputation?
I’d say probably the same reasons I stated above, plus, I carry myself the way I want people to see me and treat me. I’m no saint; trust me, not at all. But I am careful about how much I leave out there because people will use any and everything possible against you to bring you down.

How do you relax?
I try to sneak into the movie theatres occasionally, I hang out with friends and family, I read novels, and I love to travel and just go to places where less people know me so I can walk around and chill.

You like hats a lot, why?
I have stopped wearing them a lot because people make too much of a big deal about it; my last CD cover, I went without it, and I do that a lot more these days. However, I really do like hats, and I think they add to my styling and make me stand out from the cr....... See More @ http://www.9aijahouse.com/2013/09/celebrities-are-famous-and-broke-banky.html

ALSO READ : What's Your Favourite S*x Position Reveals About You

3 Likes

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by druid06(m): 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2013
My kind of guy.

1 Like

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by fedrick901(m): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
druid06: My kind of guy.
sure
Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by homesteady(m): 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
undecided
Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
lol! finally someone opens up, they drink million dollar wine and wear million dollar wrist watches on tweeter pages..

8 Likes

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by wasmo(m): 12:09am On Sep 28, 2013
i jus dey laugh ooo cheesy
Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Papse: 12:09am On Sep 28, 2013
Banky tell them, u'v done well for urself

3 Likes

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by iknopro(m): 12:12am On Sep 28, 2013
Fineboy no pimples. Guy ride on I am your fan.

1 Like

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Double194(m): 12:13am On Sep 28, 2013
Rick Ross was JƱڪτ̲̅ worth 6mil last year and he rapped “I woke up in a new Buggati”
I be like how much is the new Buggati and how much are U worth??.
FAKE LIVES.

9 Likes

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by lacasa: 12:14am On Sep 28, 2013
One thing I noticed frm this interview is that; he gave smart and straight-forward replys.

Nice

7 Likes

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 28, 2013
Nigerian entertainment industry is more of fame than fortune, i guess no one will be surprised by this "news" undecided
Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Aifey(m): 12:18am On Sep 28, 2013
I'd rather b wealthy n quiet than famous n broke.
I like tht.

13 Likes

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by kenny010(m): 12:19am On Sep 28, 2013
So true we add 2 entertainers pocket with our own mouth they not as rich as they believe 2 claim..*not all tho*

1 Like

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Keffebabe(f): 12:20am On Sep 28, 2013
I love his way

2 Likes

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by ceosville(m): 12:21am On Sep 28, 2013
Na money sure pass Bro.
Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Stunner1(f): 12:21am On Sep 28, 2013
Story
Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Texykool: 12:27am On Sep 28, 2013
I like this guy.

1 Like

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 28, 2013
What is " more fame " when more as used by Banky is an adverb and fame is a noun and not an adjective ? You don't need to get twisted just because you want to impress with your grammar, just be simple and get things done !

PS : An adverb doesn't and can't modify a NOUN. I stand to be corrected though.

5 Likes

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by thrugemaster(m): 12:35am On Sep 28, 2013
hammer head

1 Like

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by adegwurulez(m): 12:41am On Sep 28, 2013
tnks banky... its better to open up dat u are not as rich as pple claim than to brag on twitter that #50million is notin and yet cnt contribute to a dying coleague

1 Like

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by MrBenghazi(m): 12:41am On Sep 28, 2013
Banky ur swag no get network. No body can reach it
Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Nollywoodlove(f): 12:43am On Sep 28, 2013
Big movie projects? Does that mean something big is cooking in Nollywood?
Please be quick o. Biko
Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by NLEFCC(m): 12:48am On Sep 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

What is " more fame " when more as used by Banky is an adverb and fame is a noun and not an adjective ? You don't need to get twisted just because you want to impress with your grammar, just be simple and get things done !

Mr Lecturer........Where u dey when Wole Soyinka win Nobel Laureate?

77 Likes

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 28, 2013
Entertainment everywhere is more of hype. Everyone knows this
Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by LesbianBoy(m): 12:51am On Sep 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

What is this one saying

14 Likes

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Preceedo(m): 12:52am On Sep 28, 2013
Mtcheeew. Vanity + Vanity = Vanity .............. I'm by cliche like this.
Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by agrovick(m): 12:55am On Sep 28, 2013
Onkpekete. Wetin concern me
Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Blackteeth(m): 1:04am On Sep 28, 2013
Does this Guy's hair grow at all?

1 Like

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by tellwisdom: 1:14am On Sep 28, 2013
Who gives ratasss about him and his entertainment?? Why would anyone bore us with his personal life?? angry

In case you don't know, we've out grown you guys singing about yansh! Yansh! and showin us cleavages on air. # ImOut angry

3 Likes

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Airforce1(m): 1:23am On Sep 28, 2013
spongeback: Nigerian entertainment industry is more of fame than fortune, i guess no one will be surprised by this "news" undecided

Just passingby..... cool

1 Like

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 28, 2013
Airforce1:

Just passingby..... cool
That was a quick ban undecided

1 Like

Re: BankyW - Entertainment Is More Fame Than Fortune by kennyonthrone(m): 1:29am On Sep 28, 2013
Hmmm hammer. Head of horror.....nkele wu isi

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Ready For A Female President – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde / Lady With The Biggest B0*0bs In Nigeria Releases New Photos / Kemi Olunloyo Congratulates Linda Ikeji On Her Honorary Doctorate Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.