Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (22031 Views)

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
texanomaly:
Just waiting for Mynd to update.

Ok. Have a nice time sweet
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 8:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
val_dee:

Ok. Have a nice time sweet
Thank you Baby
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
Erm....time out folks....

Did y'all miss the road to the romance section? gringringringrin

no one is allowed to flirt here. Romance is not allowed on my stories......
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by beyonDskygirl(f): 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mynd_44: Erm....time out folks....

don't mind them. Come nd update jor... wink
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
horrific........*sweating*
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
I Hate 9ja: horrific........*sweating*
what do you mean? Is it good or bad?
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
I have some bad news....

I was typing and I was 80% completed when PHCN cut off the power supply my laptop does not back up for long and I could not get petrol for the generator earlier so I will have to wait until the electricity is restored.

Please don't be angry ooooo
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mynd_44: Erm....time out folks....

Sorry cool
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mynd_44: I have some bad news....

I was typing and I was 80% completed when PHCN cut off the power supply my laptop does not back up for long and I could not get petrol for the generator earlier so I will have to wait until the electricity is restored.

Please don't be angry ooooo

Hmmmm. We may need to go back to romance then. grin
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
texanomaly:

Hmmmm. We may need to go back to romance then. grin
I might be the OP, but I double as the mod here gringrin
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mynd_44:
I might be the OP, but I double as the mod here gringrin

*sneaks out of thread*

I'll be back. tongue
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 14, 2013
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
The giant snake moved close to them and open its mouth to take a bite of the girls but its eyes caught a light on the hand of one of them. In Zainab’s panic, she had dropped her phone to the floor but she still held on to her praying beads which were wrapped around her left hand and as she held on the Tayo, the bead showed on her hand. The bead was not glowing as a certain red light came out from each bead and it caught the snake’s eye for a while until it got bored and decided to take its first bite.

It pulled its head back and with lightning speed, its head rushed towards the girls but the bead on the hand of the smaller girls was not just glowing anymore, it was burning. The fire from the beads was not just on the beads but around the girl and her friend, it had drawn a circle around them. The snake stopped for a while and tried to understand this but it did not. It pulled its head back again and decided to brave the fire but when it pushed its head towards the girls, the fire from the beads caught it and the snake felt more pain that it had ever felt in its existence.

The fire did not burn its skin but it seemed to attack the inside of the snake and the snake felt pain from inside its body. It dropped its head to the ground and rolled around the hut as it tried to rub its body together but it just made it come in contact with the fire more and more and this increased the pains it felt within itself. It continued for some seconds and it found the door which it came in through and it crawled out with speed with the thought of the stream nearby on its mind.

The snake moved out of the room quickly and its body crashing on objects within the room which sent them crashing onto the floor all around the girls as the snake was too in a haste to avoid collision with the random and old objects placed around the room. in seconds, it had managed to get its body out of the hut and getting as far away from the hut as possible and close to the stream as it still felt itself burning from the inside. As it made its way and was guided by its tongue picking up cold air coming from the stream, it began to wonder what caused the fire. The girl had an amulet which seemed to protect her from it and it knew the first thing that should be done was to report it to its queen but that would be after it had stopped the burning inside of it.

The girls held on to one another, they heard plates and pots fell and tumble on all sides of the room as the huge snake tried to scamper to safety but they did not understand what was happening. They were too much in a shock to open their eyes to look around them to even see what the snake was up to. All they remember was that the snake had seen them and it had came for them with unbelievable speed and they were expecting a bite on any part of their body but the bite did not come. The room went quiet for some seconds and they could hear the snake crawl away but they did not know what to make of it and so they stayed as there were for almost a minute and then Tayo braved to open her eyes and look around.

Her eyes went to the last place she had seen the snake which was at the entrance to the hut and it was not there. She looked around where her eyes allowed her expecting the snake to be somewhere but it was nowhere to be found and she said;

“I think it is gone. it must have thought we are not alive or something”

“Snakes don’t think like that” Zainab said “Something must have made it go away” she added also opening her eyes. Zainab looked around too and when they did not see the snake anywhere, they pulled away from one another and stood up but still close to one another. And Tayo walked slowly towards the entrance of the hut

“Where are you going?” Zainab whispered. “it might be out there waiting”

“But we can’t stay here, there must be a reason it did not harm us and believe me, I don’t want to find out what it is so it is better we find out where it is and try to get out of here”

Zainab picked her phone from the ground and said;

“Do you think the others have been attacked by snakes? Perhaps that was why someone screamed”

“I don’t know but I don’t want to stand here and wait. Personally, I would rather get out of this village before I find that out though. I think we have over stayed our welcome here”
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
“But how do we get out of here? The snake might be waiting for us outside” Zainab said still skeptical about going outside with the possibility that there is a massive snake waiting to play games and chase them around “Can’t we wait for kayode to come around?”

“We don’t know who screamed or what Kayode saw there and when he will come back for us. I think we should make a run for it. Snakes are not supposed to be very fast and a snake that big can’t outrun us”

“I am not sure Tayo. What if there are more of it out there and it is an ambush?”

With this, Tayo looked towards Zainab and narrowed her eyes, shook her head and said;

“Seriously? You think there are snakes out there right now planning how to come after us when we make a run for it? If they wanted us, they would have the perfect chance to kill us both and eat us some seconds ago and it would have been over”

She walked a little more to the door, looked back and said;

“At the count of three, I am going to run out there and run towards where we left one another, with any luck, we should see Kayode, Emeka and Shade and we can get the hell out of this village and I intend to do that with or without you behind me. I would prefer you were behind me though because with only you here, it would be pretty to finish you off”

What Tayo said sank into Zainab’s consciousness and she realized that it would be a lot more dangerous for her to be alone in the hut so she walked to Tayo’s side. She did not say a word, she just looked at her and nodded. Tayo nodded back and said;

“Just keep running and don’t stop for anything”

Tayo made a count starting from one and she counted to three and they both bolted out of the room like there was actually a snake after them. They ran without looking back to see if anything had come out of the bushes to attack them and they really did not care. Although Zainab was considerably smaller than Tayo, a lot of Tayo’s weight was actually muscle and not fat and she ran faster that Zainab but she was scared of going alone through the bushes and she slowed down to allow the two of them run at the same pace and they got to the last turning together. The pulled out of the little path and saw the trio of Shade, Emeka and Kayode standing around as Emeka was explaining something to the two of them.

“I left them inside a hut; we were examining the contents of the hut when we heard his screams so I decided to come and take a look at what caused it.” was Kayode’s reply to Shade’s question about the whereabouts of Tayo and Zainab

“We better go check on them, I don’t want them seeing a spider and freaking out like our big baby here” Shade said

“Look I am sorry, I made you guys worried but I don’t like spiders. They creep me out. It is not my fault”

Shade looked back at Emeka and felt her anger rising. She wished she could do something to him that would take out some of the anger she was feeling towards him. Something that would help her get over the fact that he scared her half to death but there was nothing she could do. She turned her back to him and looked in the opposite direction and saw Tayo and Zainab running as though the Devil himself was behind them in company of his demons and monsters.

She stood not understanding why they were running or the reason they did not slow down even when they were almost close to them.

“This morning has been nothing but annoying people, what do these ones have now?” she thought to herself as she watched them come closer.

The two girls saw their companions ahead and for the first time since they saw the snake, they felt relieved. They ran to them and when they were close, they slowed down with Tayo in front while Zainab just stood, bent over and was taking in air. Kayode walked towards them leaving Emeka behind him and he got closer to where Shade stood.

“What is going on?” he asked

“Tayo seemed to still have some strength in her and she said;

“We have to get out of this place and fast too”

“Don’t tell me you have seen some odd creature too” Shade said in anger

Tayo looked at the three of them in shocked

“You have seen one too?”

“Yes, Emeka saw a spider and fell from a tree. Apparently, you also saw a spider and came running”

Zainab who had gotten enough air into her lungs and was a little bit rested said;
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 4:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
“We have to go now”
Kayode who was getting more confused said;

“You are not making any sense here. What happened to you back there?”

“Snake” Zainab said

“What happened to snake?” Shade asked

“We were attacked by a huge snake; it was very large and fat. It looked like it could swallow an human being and not flinch”

“Today has got to be my lucky day” Shade thought to herself and then said;

“You said you were attacked, do you have any wounds or scars because they way you two were running, it seemed to me that you are in perfect shape”

“It did not physically attack us, it came inside the hut we were checking us and then it crawled away” Zainab said still panting

“So you were not attacked, you just saw a snake and you both came running like you had a tiger on your tails. Well at least you did not scream like little girls” she spat out angrily, then took a deep breath and said;

“I just made a startling discovering when I heard his whimpering” she pointed in the direction Emeka was without looking back “Well I was in the middle of something and I will love to get back to it so I will catch up with you guys later”

“You are going back there?” Tayo said looking bewildered “You have to believe us, we saw the snake. it was huge and it looked very dangerous”

Kayode who had been in thought all these while and listening to the argument said;

“How big did you say this snake was?”

“It was huge. Very large” Zainab answered

“It looked like it could swallow a human being without stress” Tayo added

“Did you two eat anything while you were back there?” Shade asked “You both sound like you are having the same hallucination. I have no time to waste here anymore”

“We have to get out of here; there could be more of it out here. Even if there isn’t, that one is enough. Let’s just go” Tayo said. Trying her best to sound sane

“Well you can leave if you want but I came here for a reason” Shade started walking towards Tayo and Zainab and she noticed something on Zainab’s face. It had gone white and her eyes were bulging out of their sockets. She stood shocked as though she was looking into the eyes of some unmentionable horror or she had just fainted while standing. Tayo who had been looking angrily at Shade followed her gaze to Zainab’s face and they both turned together.

Shade turned around while Tayo lifted her eyes behind Kayode to where Emeka was standing alone hoping that Tayo and Zainab would win the argument of whether they should stay or leave. The truth was that after his incident with the spider, he did not have the taste to stay but he could not say it out due to embarrassment. Now he saw all three girls looking towards him with the same look of shock and fear on their face.

Shade looked back in time to see a huge snake behind Emeka. It was so close to him that it seemed that if Emeka took a breath deep enough, his expanding body with come in contact with the snake. She had the same initial reaction as Zainab but in a matter of seconds, she snapped out of it and yelled;

“Emeka behind you”

Emeka heard Shade screamed something but that was the last thing he heard until he saw nothing but darkness. Kayode looked back just in time to see a massive snake’s head whose mouth was opened descend on Emeka’s head and took the head in its mouth. Emeka’s body reacted violently but the rest of the snake’s body quickly wrapped itself around his body and he screamed “Everybody get out of here”

They broke into a run and they all took off with Shade leading them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 5:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mynd!!!!
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by movmentish(m): 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
mynd dis updates arent scary,shade shoulda gotten emeka's kinda death,fast nd swift..... Gimme more blood bro
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by dubem3(m): 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
You mean shade can run?
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
dubem3: You mean shade can run?
Yeah, but the boots slow her down. wink
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by MsSpaqs(f): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
Haahaaa grin, shocked
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 6:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
texanomaly: Mynd!!!!
Huh?
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
movmentish: [b]mynd dis updates arent scary,[/b]shade shoulda gotten emeka's kinda death,fast nd swift..... Gimme more blood bro

Hmmm
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
dubem3: You mean shade can run?
You have no idea
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 6:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Haahaaa grin, shocked
gringrin
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Eniqurl(f): 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
Lmao
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by zinylizzy(f): 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
Oh,Mynd, u had to kill Emeka.y not Shade? well done,though
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 9:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
zinylizzy: Oh,Mynd, u had to kill Emeka.y not Shade? well done,though
What makes you think Shade will survive?

1 Like

Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Eniqurl(f): 1:16am On Oct 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
What makes you think Shade will survive?
lol.. Ah pray she does nt, shez tu bossy..yuck!
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 1:45am On Oct 15, 2013
Eni~girl:
lol.. Ah pray she does nt, shez tu bossy..yuck!
Lemme think about it
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 2:27am On Oct 15, 2013
So the snake doesn't really kill Emeka, Right? Maybe he doesn't taste good?

lolz...

bully angry
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 2:28am On Oct 15, 2013
texanomaly: So the snake doesn't really kill Emeka, Right? Maybe he doesn't taste good?

lolz...

bully angry
Oh he is dead alright.....he should be digesting right now sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Is An Unseen Prose? / Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words / What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.