Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,796 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (22032 Views)

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by MsSpaqs(f): 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
bquin2all: Spaq plz yhu can continue dis love talk wif Mynd indoorrs....For nw he z buzy preppin updates for us.Distractions nat permitted.

Lol do u mean me cuz i realise thr's sm1 else wt d name 'spaq'.Am Ms Spaqs and dont worry i wont 'distract' Mynd
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by beyonDskygirl(f): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
Damex333: i need to get there and see things for myself.
then, get prepared to have your life sucked out except u have power of sango
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
beyonDskygirl: then, get prepared to have your life sucked out except u have power of sango
mayb you dont know that the wife sango which s oya s my ....
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by zenie(f): 3:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
spaq:

you wicked small sha cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by beyonDskygirl(f): 5:04pm On Oct 05, 2013
shocked
Damex333: mayb you dont know that the wife sango which s oya s my ....
huh? Better say goodbyes to ur family cos sango doesn't play with his own...
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Eniqurl(f): 10:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ah lyk vhiz Shade sha....Mynd abeq kum nd update asap
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by ERF: 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
RIP Shade. . . You might not live long enough to see another snake..!
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by bquin2all(f): 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ms Spaqs:

Lol do u mean me cuz i realise thr's sm1 else wt d name 'spaq'.Am Ms Spaqs and dont worry i wont 'distract' Mynd

D̶̲̥̅̊α̲̅†̥ wil b rily appreciated...
BTW Correction noted
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Therock5555(m): 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
I have a feeling that emeka would survuve this cus mynd sabi kill pple's favourite shaperly
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by corrall(f): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
mynd, where u de na? we de miss u o.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by kinxen(f): 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
Oya Mynd,comot 4rm ur hiding place.. Dnt kip us waiting angry
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:59am On Oct 09, 2013
Emeka flinched while Zainab looked around instinctively. Tayo merely shuddered while Shade just stood and watched kayode indifferent to the news he just announced. It was not really something that bothered her nor because she did not fear snakes but she believed that like everything else, it was always good to be prepared when going to certain places and when doing certain things. She had worn boots that were so thick; it would be difficult for a dog to sink its teeth into them. That was her personal defense against thorns and sharp objects on the floor.

She had not factored in snakes when she prepared but the boot had covered the possibility anyway.

She turned to Kayode and said;

“Let’s get it moving, we can tell ourselves snakes stories when we get back home and you all sit around a village fire. Right now, I am missing civilization”

Emeka nodded in agreement and Kayode merely smiled. He continued walking and following the path cut out long ago by the settlers until it took them to a place where there were no more trees on either side of the path. It was just a large clearing, and all when they looked ahead, they saw old houses all around them. some were in perfect shape while the others were in really bad shapes as they found that more of the huge rocks had crushed part or parts of the houses.

Shade looked around her and could not believe that they had found the village, a smiled appeared on her lips and Kayode caught it. Shade looked like she had found some old and lost treasure and something told Kayode this was more that some school project to her but he just could not put his finger on what is wrong. Emeka on the hand was simply happy that there were fewer grasses and lesser chances of running into a snake of any sort which was okay by him.

Tayo just kept looking around for a while and then she produced a phone from her pocket and started taking pictures with it while Zainab just stood and admired the beauty around them. They stood around doing nothing for almost a minute then they heard Shade’s voice

“Okay, we split up for a bit and I advise everyone to go into those houses and gather whatever evidence you can gather so we can get out of here faster”

Shade made a conscious effort to move but was stopped by Tayo’s voice

“Why do we have to spilt? I think it is better if we stay together”

Emeka was happy inside; he did not really like the idea of splitting up but was ashamed to bring it up because he knew Shade was getting to the edge with his cowardice and she might just pounce on him or turn it into a huge deal when they get back to school which he did not want to happen so he just kept quiet and watched it happen.

“This project is supposed to be based on individual work that’s why” Shade said almost absent minded

“Individual work but it is better we stay together so we can share ideas on the information we collect”

Zainab nodded and said “Yes, that will be so if someone misses something, the other can point it out”

“Actually, I don’t care what anyone misses. I don’t intend to point anything out and my paper will definitely not be sharing any part of my finding with you so you might as well forget about it happening” she looked around and tried to see if any of them was supporting what she was saying but it was lost on them

” Look don’t you people get the point I am trying to make? We might be writing about the same village but if we collect the same thing, our reports will look ridiculously similar and I am not about to do that. This is not a group work”

Tayo and Zainab stood together looking at Shade like she was speaking Latin while Emeka pretended to be looking at the hills but he was hoping and silently praying Shade lost the argument. Shade looked towards Kayode and saw that he did not look particularly interested in their conversation. He simply was simply walking around the clearing looking at the surrounding and trying to make some kind of sense she did not get yet.

“Look we have to stick together since we do not know what might be lurking around here” Tayo said

“What do you mean lurking around? This place had been deserted for almost a decade and nothing is moving around except animals or do you also believe in ghost stories and that they were killed off by some hex or curse?”
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
Zainab did not answer but Shade immediately saw the root of their fears. A part of her was angry at Kayode for bringing it up but it had worked for her at a point and so she had to bring out something else.

“Fine, you stay together, after all whatever you score is none of my business. I will go alone and get whatever it is I can find and you both can write the same thing”

She started walking off and then she turned towards Kayode;

“You stay here and wait for us, we should not stay more than one hour; I believe that should be enough to get whatever it is we want to get and then we head back home. I would hate to come back and find that you have wondered off”

Kayode nodded and smiled then thought to himself “Who is she bossing around? I might need the money she is paying but she cannot talk to me that way”

“Remember to watch out for the snakes” he said as he thought that would put some fear into her since the ghost talk did not seem to bother her but she looked back and said;

“Snakes are cold blooded which means they will probably be looking for warm places so they can get heat. Most of them will prefer to come out into the sun while some will just coil up in the houses looking for warm spot. A snake in the sun is not going to hurt because there is a huge possibility it will be enjoying the sun too much while those coiled up in dark places within the houses will but sleeping. Now do you have any more scary tales to tell? I am in a hurry”

Kayode knew she was right but he just let out a smile trying to hide that she had called his bluff and continued looking around while Shade kept walking and took a turn at one of the houses at the edge of the clearance.

He looked toward Tayo and Zainab and saw that they had also started walking away from him and trying to decide between themselves where they will look first. They walked some distance and the Tayo looked back towards Kayode but he did not say anything. He could almost saw the fear and uncertainty on her face but there was not much he could do to help her now. His job had been to point them in the right direction and he had done that, asking him to follow them seemed like too much but a thought crept into his head.

Kayode saw Emeka just walking around where he was acting like he was taking pictures he knew it was all fake. He was probably just staying back so he won’t have to look for anything. he probably felt he was safer from whatever it was if he stayed in the open rather than go off chasing some stuff to write about. He was walking around in circles just taking pictures of hills from afar and acting like he knew what he was doing and Kayode just shook his head.

“Hey, wait up” he called at Tayo and Zainab who were walking away slowly and he ran towards them. When he caught up with them, he said;

“It would not be really nice to leave you ladies all by yourself, I am pretty sure Emeka won’t mind being all alone for a while”
They waited and were glad to have him as the tension that was in their company eased a little but Emeka did not feel that. He saw Kayode leave and he almost panicked. He looked like he would follow them but knew the humiliation he would face if he did so he stayed back and kept walking around doing nothing. He knew he would eventually be helped by Shade anyway so it was pointless disturbing himself.

The three walked through the houses on either side and Kayode broke the silence;

“So is she always like that?”

Tayo looked at him and said “Who are you talking about?”

“I mean Shade, is she always that bossy and stuck up?”

“Well today is one of the days she is actually not stuck up, you should see her when she is in the mood”

“So all she had been doing was a tip of a larger thing? Wow. She is something else”

Tayo said;

“They call her the ’Man eater’ because of the way she treats guys”

“Why did someone not warn me before we started this trip then? I would have spiced myself up for eating” and they all laughed.

Tayo looked at a hut in front of them and she said;

“This place looks cool, maybe we can look inside and see what it looks like" she turned to Kayode and said "personally, I won’t mind writing the paper on what you have to say about this place”
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
They walked towards the hut slowly, the hut was still standing and was one of the few buildings they had seen that was still standing and was untouched. There was some grasses growing at the entrance to the hut while behind the house was the bushes but nothing else moved them about the house. It was not remarkable in any sense, it was just like any other hut they had passed through. They walked towards the entrance where a door stood and Kayode walked in front of them.

He had done that without even being aware that he was in front, he put his hand in front and pushed the door expecting it to be locked but it opened but the door opened inwardly and it creaked loudly along the hinges. He stepped back a little as if he was expecting something to jump out of the hut but it was calm. He brought a torch light from his pocket and shone it inside not sure what he would see.

The inside was relatively empty but it showed a bed with clothes still on it, there were pieces of clothing also lying on the floor of the house too. He could not see much because of the door but he took some steps towards the door and put one foot inside the hut. He peeped inside and saw nothing inside. The hut reminded him of how his grandmother’s hut looked like, just that this one had stale air inside it. Some pots sat at a corner and there were more clothing and domestic utensils everywhere. It was obvious that the previous inhabitant was not very neat or organized.

He looked back towards the girls who were looking at him nervously and said;

“The place is okay, just stay away from the pots, we can’t be sure what’s hiding in them”

The girls approached slowly and they walked inside the hut together. Zainab found a window and opened it to let air into the hut and clear some of the smell while Tayo was already taking pictures.

Within five minutes, they had gotten some information from the hut, the presence of some local farm utensils told them the owner was probably a farmer, it was definitely male a young one by the looks of the clothing and definitely single. There was not much cooking utensils so he probably did less cooking. They were still deciding on the remaining issues when they heard a loud scream.

They all looked around not knowing who screamed and they head it again. This time, a direction came with the scream and at once, they all knew where it was coming from. Kayode looked at them and said the one word they were all too scared to say

“Emeka”

2 Likes

Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by beyonDskygirl(f): 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
Well done sir Mynd. Emeka has eaten d forbidden friut..
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by horpe132(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mogbe Oooo............Seeee Anaconda grin grin
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
beyonDskygirl: Well done sir Mynd. Emeka has eaten d forbidden friut..
What fruit?
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Eniqurl(f): 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mynd wahz ronq wid Ememka na??
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by beyonDskygirl(f): 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
What fruit?
the bite of the mother snake.. wink.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by ERF: 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
E<R>F:

It's a good thing Emeka's voice was heard, Shade must have been killed without a soundgrin

If nah that Mynd Loves her, she would have died without a sound.

How right i was, but Mynd won't admit it.. OYO SHA
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by dubem3(m): 9:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mynd, Wetin Emeka do you?
I actually think you're venting anger on this Emeka who represents somebody in your real life.
Oya, abeg sorry for am. Let him be 'courage the cowardly dog' and still save the day...Nice job ur doing
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
dubem3: Mynd, Wetin Emeka do you?
I actually think you're venting anger on this Emeka who represents somebody in your real life.
Oya, abeg sorry for am. Let him be 'courage the cowardly dog' and still save the day...Nice job ur doing
I can't believe you guys are thinking of people saving the day after 7 updates.

Remember what happened in the first part where the whole village had to die cos I felt like killing them?

I don't even know who Emeka is sef
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 12:13am On Oct 10, 2013
Shade had left the group happy to be alone at last that she was alone and not in company of everyone. She had hoped to be able to do this since they got out of the car and she saw the remnants of the house they saw on the way. It was the opportunity she had been waiting for to get the information she needed to write her paper and it was even better that she did not have to share it with anyone.

She was not bothered that they might come across something she did not because the village was filled with great information and all she needed to do was go into one of the huts and do that. She walked into a hut and armed with her machete in one hand and a torch light in the other, she went through the possessions of the person who lived in that house. The hut seemed big; too big for one person to live in and also it might mean that the person was wealthy. She looked in the pots and pans around and even in the ten years the place has been left, she found that some of the pots still had food in them although they had decayed. That told her the inhabitants either ran out of the house in a hurry or travelled and did not bother to get rid of their leftover food. However way, what happened there happened, it seemed to her that it came as a surprise and they did not expect it.

She went on inside the hut as she sought to explore more of it. There were mats all around the bigger place and as she went more into the hut, she discovered that there was a room inside the hut that she did not see when she entered. The room had a door with was slightly opened and she pushed the door inwards. It creaked loudly as it responded to her touch and the hinges which were rusted protested the friction the movement caused. The room inside was dark and she stretched the focus of the light from the torchlight to the inside of the room.

Unlike the outer room she had stepped into, the inside was well kept. Clothes hung on a piece of wood attached to the wall and from the door where she stood; she could see that the clothes had some quality to them. The owner of the house definitely was a wealthy person by the standards of the villagers and even to city dwellers like herself. She had taking a course in the clothing worn in the old days and the type she was seeing was really rare. It was kept for chiefs and those of influence in the village. To city dwellers too, it would cost a fortune and that’s assuming they can find someone that would make it.

She moved the light around the room and she spotted a window along the wall so she walked towards it. As she entered the room, she was met by a terrible smell; the smell was chocking and stale. It made her cough out and she thought to herself

“I hope I don’t catch an infection with this foul air I am taking into me”

She half expected the window to be shut but to her delight, it opened when she pushed it. Since she was expecting it to be locked, she added force to pushing and it made the window fly outward. The wood had been attacked by termite who had done considerable damage to it and the window was dislodged from the hinges holding it and it fell down outside. There was no sound when it fell as it fell on grass and Shade did not bother looking outside. She was just happy for the air that swept into the room and she took a lung full of air and she turned around.

She saw a large bed behind her which was hidden by the door and she saw that there were clothes on the bed. The clothes were actually the one thing that was wrong with the room. The room was so neatly arranged that the clothes scattered on the bed was a surprise to her. She put the machete in her pocket and she took some pictures of the cloth which were hanged and she started to walk out of the room when she decided to take pictures of the bed too. There was no point taking pictures of a room and not taking pictures of the bed so she walked slowly towards the bed.
He torchlight in one hand and cell phone for taking pictures in the other, took a picture from a distance and she walked to the edge of the bed to take another picture and as she had the focus of the camera on the bed, she noticed something hidden by the clothes on the bed. It seemed like the clothes were used to cover up some items on the bed and her curiosity took over her. She used the machete to move a part of the cloth half expecting something t jump out but nothing did, in fact, when she moved the cloth, she saw why it seemed like the cloth was hiding something, there was a bone inside the cloth.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 12:15am On Oct 10, 2013
She took a step back and her eyes ran up to the top of the bed and she saw part of a large skull and a smaller one side by side. She took another picture and then she moved the cloth close to where the skulls were. Both skulls had their bodies inside the clothes and she took the picture and made a mental note as she thought she had made a startling discovery

“Perhaps they bury their dead inside the house”

But that did not really explain the food left in the pot in what served as the living room.

“Perhaps the story of a poisonous gas leak is true” she thought to herself and she took some more pictures and walked out of the room

As Shade walked towards the hut, a pair of cold un-human eyes looked at her. The eyes were cold and saw the human walking through the forest as an intruder which must be killed. The eyes has not really come close to humans before but the owner had been told not to allow anything that walked into the village leave alive so it followed her. It crawled and made its way through the forest floor without making any noise that might alert its intending victim that she was being followed as it looked for an opportunity to strike.

It made its way quietly towards her and then it saw the girl clear the bush at the entrance to the hut with the shinning blade of a machete and it knew taking the victim might not be easy so it would be better to wait until she put the weapon down and she would be defenseless. It laid and watched as she walked into the hut and it waited outside.

It was a while and it heard a noise at the side of the house. Fearing that she might be trying to go out through another way, the huge snake, crawled towards where the sound came from and saw that the window had open and the wood fell to the ground and it saw a chance to strike and attack. It raised its head a little and saw the girl’s back turned to the window. It was about to enter through it and the girl turned around so it went down again. Not knowing what the girl would do next, the snake decided it was better to wait outside and stay by the door instead of trying to attack through the window.

Shade finished with the pictures and she walked out of the room into the larger room. She took a final look around and she walked out of the hut still wondering why the bodies were put on the bed like that. She had never heard of any culture that leaves their dead on the bed to decay and the thought that there was food around made her put that thought to doubt. She thought of another possibility

“What if they died in their sleep?”

That sounded a lot more believable to her and it sounded more real and in tune with what she had heard about the village so far. Although she was in front of the house, there were some trees in front of her with heavy undergrowth. In fact, everywhere in the village had been taken over by undergrowth.

The snake watched her come out of the house and waited where it lay. It saw the girl look in its direction but knew she could not see her as she had blended perfectly with the color of the grasses and the expression on the girl’s face did not show shock. she saw the girl turn to her side and it moved a little to enable it be able to launch an attack easier and its huge body was dragged along the floor and it broke some twigs.
Shade heard some noise from the bush in front of her and she turned towards it again. He fist tightened around the handle of the machete and she walked slowly towards the bush to get a better look. She approached the bush gradually and her heartbeat was a little faster. There was an increase in the blood rushing to her brain and her instincts were taking over more and more of her body. She had never been scared of a lot of things and she had learned to see what was chasing her before she ran away from it so she move slowly towards the bush attempting to see what made the noise.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 12:17am On Oct 10, 2013
The snake lay quietly after it made the noise. It had not intended to make the noise as it might have made the girl run but to its surprise, she did not. She even did something that excited it more; she came closer to the bush where it was hiding and she was coming closer and closer. All it needed her to do was come two more steps and it will be able to jump out and clamp its mouth on her face which will take the air out of her and prevent her from screaming. That would also stop her from struggling as it will knock her out immediately and then it can wrap her body around her and prepare for her body to be swallowed. It could feel its excitement increase as the girl took another step.

Shade took another step towards the bush and she saw nothing. It seemed that it might have been the wind that blew over the bush that made the noise or some small animal. She was about to take another step towards it when she heard a scream. The scream was unmistakable and it was human. She looked in the direction and discovered that it was coming from where she had left the others. She walked back and she heard the scream again. This time it was louder and a lot more terrifying. She broke into a run and she ran towards where she had left everyone and hoping within her that everyone was okay but something told her things were not okay.

She ran as fast as she could and not minding that the sun was out and the heat was increasing. She ran towards where she had left them and not reducing her grip on the cutlass. She went through the path she had passed and sometimes, running through the bush in an attempt to cut the distance and also arrive at what caused the scream early. She was glad she had wore boots for the journey as it helped her navigate the terrain and when she had to go into the bushes, it made things easier. She got to the opening and she saw Kayode also running towards the place but on the opposite side.

Kayode looked towards her and he looked confused which meant he also did not know what was wrong. She ran sideways so she was the distance between them was reduced and he did the same and when they were closer, he said;

“It is Emeka”

“Oh God” she thought to herself and she became more determine to get there faster. They took another turn and saw the place where they had split in front of them and they both looked up ahead and saw a body on the ground in front of them lying on the floor.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by zinylizzy(f): 1:06am On Oct 10, 2013
hehehe...see suspense...well done,Mynd and thank u for update overload
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 5:42am On Oct 10, 2013
zinylizzy: hehehe...see suspense...well done,Mynd and thank u for update overload
You are welcome
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by kinxen(f): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2013
mynd na wa..more suspense Tnx 4d update smiley
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 9:48am On Oct 10, 2013
kinxen: mynd na wa..more suspense Tnx 4d update smiley
You are welcome
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by ERF: 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Mynd, you are taking sides with you girl lover right?

Kill Shade.

I wonder if you'd kill her. I kinda love her boldness, but for her aggressiveness she would have make a perfect tomboy.

Nice Two Mynd, simple an glamouring is your way!
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by hardeydeb(f): 1:42am On Oct 11, 2013
omg! i cant believe i read this into the night embarassed embarassed
*praying silently* oh God please help me to sleep fine cry hehehe

Nice one Mynd, Superb writing! thumbs up! Thanks for sharing
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 1:44am On Oct 11, 2013
dubem3: Mynd, Wetin Emeka do you?
Hmmmmm....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Is An Unseen Prose? / Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words / What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.