Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? (12009 Views)

Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
What if this living faith schools teach kids based on winners doctrines? A jehovah witness might jst nt fit there. Don't forget that Amos 3-3 says "can two work together except they agree?"

2 Likes

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Gombs(m): 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
luluosas: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter?
Two days ago, Thursday, 26th September, 2013, I saw my next door neighbour sitting down in a position of someone not going to work. He used to teach at Living Faith Secondary school, Jimeta, Yola.
So I asked him. Are you not going to work today? He answered and said NO that, he has resigned from his work place.
I further asked whether he has gotten another job. He said no that, he just resigned because he can't continue with the nonsense the school management have been performing of late.
When I probed further, he said the new policy with the Living Faith Schools now is that, YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF THEIR CHURCH (Winners Chapel) BEFORE YOU CAN WORK IN THEIR SCHOOLS.

Nairalanders, is this policy of discrimination even against the same faith (Christianity) as it is now being practised by Living Faith church owned by David Oyedepo, good for our environment today?
What if our Muslim employers (for those of us Christians that are working in Muslims owned establishment) rise up tomorrow asking all their employees to either become Muslims or lose our jobs?

What is your take on this grave policy by Living Faith church?

Must you make it a big deal?

You want for example Redeemed church pple to come teach in winners chapel church, whereas Winners chapel church has folks who can do d job?.

What happened to Charity begins at home? Eh?
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by danot1030: 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
d questns i wil like 2 ask u is ur complain goin 2 forc dem change d policy or wil u organise a protest against dem 4 such a policy? i dont knw wich one be ur own nw, ppl like u ar quick 2 react in blackmail against anytin coming frm d church.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by MAYOWAAK: 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Once upon a time, a man named Tai Solarin founded the Mayflower School in Ikenne,Ogun State. The Late Tai Solarin was an unrepentant 'atheist'. Yet, christians, muslims, traditional worshippers sent their kids to the school because of the quality of education. The school flourished and produced some of the best brains in Nigeria of today. In spite of the quality, the school fees wasn't out reach of the average Nigerian family. Tai Solarin, though an atheist, his legacy forever lives on. Now the question is, how many 'Christian' families can afford to send their kids to the current 'Christian' private school founded by popular pentecostal movements? Moral of the story, you need not to wear a white collar or grow long beard to impact on humanity. Service to humanity is not a religious matter.

12 Likes

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Nikapetrelli(f): 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
Dat is very wrong,anyway d never ready to employ d best,cos everyone no go be their church member,thought there was something lyk freedom of religion
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Nten: 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
Very wrong! Living faith academy kaduna sent txt mssges to their church members for some sort of kangaroo interview, Claiming they sent to those qualified meanwhile they sent to only church members. Discrimination is everywhere bro.

1 Like

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by peterphd(m): 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Once upon a time, a man named Tai Solarin founded the Mayflower School in Ikenne,Ogun State. The Late Tai Solarin was an unrepentant 'atheist'. Yet, christians, muslims, traditional worshippers sent their kids to the school because of the quality of education. The school flourished and produced some of the best brains in Nigeria of today. In spite of the quality, the school fees wasn't out reach of the average Nigerian family. Tai Solarin, though an atheist, his legacy forever lives on. Now the question is, how many 'Christian' families can afford to send their kids to the current 'Christian' private school founded by popular pentecostal movements? Moral of the story, you need not to wear a white collar or grow long beard to impact on humanity. Service to humanity is not a religious matter.

This post makes so much brain!!

4 Likes

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by zolajpower: 1:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
luluosas: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter?
Two days ago, Thursday, 26th September, 2013, I saw my next door neighbour sitting down in a position of someone not going to work. He used to teach at Living Faith Secondary school, Jimeta, Yola.
So I asked him. Are you not going to work today? He answered and said NO that, he has resigned from his work place.
I further asked whether he has gotten another job. He said no that, he just resigned because he can't continue with the nonsense the school management have been performing of late.
When I probed further, he said the new policy with the Living Faith Schools now is that, YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF THEIR CHURCH (Winners Chapel) BEFORE YOU CAN WORK IN THEIR SCHOOLS.

Nairalanders, is this policy of discrimination even against the same faith (Christianity) as it is now being practised by Living Faith church owned by David Oyedepo, good for our environment today?
What if our Muslim employers (for those of us Christians that are working in Muslims owned establishment) rise up tomorrow asking all their employees to either become Muslims or lose our jobs?

What is your take on this grave policy by Living Faith church?
@ op u are bringing down d house wth ur religion-fire sentiment. I hope d house quench d fire at d end of d day. I was in kano state,many yr bck nd a particular man frm my home town delta state was forced 2 b a muslim if he must get a job in 1st bank. Also a man in d compound i lived, who has 2 kids and a wife lost his job in d same 1st bank simply becos he refusd 2b a muslim. So let b care how we bring idiotic write up 2 d forum or fp.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by paranorman(m): 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nonsense joh..!
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by toprealman: 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
Just like Tesco giving you a bonus which can only be used in their store.
Some of this rubbish thrive in Nigeria because their is no defined management system. Do we have any employment law or at least an employment tribunal? Apart from forming unnecessary associations ( ie unemployed Nigerian youth association.....shakes head.....), what powers are given to them by the law?
Till the head is sorted, the system will be disfunctional. The teacher in question should consider taking legal action, he has got nothing to loose.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by 36STATES: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
I think we Nigerians are in some way responsible for this madness. Why can't we organize and bring some form of justice to this evil Oyedipo and his criminal empire. I know it's impossible to bring him to justice in this country, but justice could be brought to him!
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by ValNweze(m): 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
DO U EXPECT TO REAP WHERE U DO NOT SOW....?
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by nora544: 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Once upon a time, a man named Tai Solarin founded the Mayflower School in Ikenne,Ogun State. The Late Tai Solarin was an unrepentant 'atheist'. Yet, christians, muslims, traditional worshippers sent their kids to the school because of the quality of education. The school flourished and produced some of the best brains in Nigeria of today. In spite of the quality, the school fees wasn't out reach of the average Nigerian family. Tai Solarin, though an atheist, his legacy forever lives on. Now the question is, how many 'Christian' families can afford to send their kids to the current 'Christian' private school founded by popular pentecostal movements? Moral of the story, you need not to wear a white collar or grow long beard to impact on humanity. Service to humanity is not a religious matter.

That is like it is now in Nigeria, when this will change than nigeria will change.

this new churches and there pastors, they make only business and has nothing to do with a christian life.

In my country the religion from a teacher is not important, more important is that he is a good teacher.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by toprealman: 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
zolajpower: @ op u are bringing down d house wth ur religion-fire sentiment. I hope d house quench d fire at d end of d day. I was in kano state,many yr bck nd a particular man frm my home town delta state was forced 2 b a muslim if he must get a job in 1st bank. Also a man in d compound i lived, who has 2 kids and a wife lost his job in d same 1st bank simply becos he refusd 2b a muslim. So let b care how we bring idiotic write up 2 d forum or fp.
And your point is?
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Infomizer(m): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
If this is true and the church admin cannot equally restrict the studentship of their educational ventures to only church members, then it is not discriminatory (which is bad enough), but something much more obnoxious. *smh*
Imagine the implication of this if corporate organizations and other places of work owned by members of other religions or church denominations become this prejudiced...It is better imagined folks!

1 Like

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by VICDONOR: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
If you been having the feeling that someone is always spying on your computer screen at home, in the office, or at your work place for activities going on, on your system, or in the quest to quickly perform one activity or the other in your absence, and you want to know the person(s) trying to perform such fishy activities behind you. You can comfortably monitor your computer environment without having to install some sort of expensive hidden cameras...

Click here to read more: http:///16YGMvE
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by viktuur(m): 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
haba! what do you want them to do! just recently an employee was beating up Ogun state TAX consultants, only to find out he wasn't a church member! they decided to change policy people are crying again Haba!

Na Joke ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by achi4u(m): 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
luluosas:
This is a big minus for the Christian faith.
minus we the CATHOLIC

1 Like

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Dharyhor: 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lilaex: Wat is ur own bizz @OP mind ur Business
Corrupted,Gullible follower

And u keep lamenting nigeria is becoming iffy..
U put d blame on leaders..

Dats how it starts

1 Like

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by dougivilla(m): 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Discrimination under whatever guise is not acceptable. However, every organisation have general and specific requirements for recruitment. If a school within a church environment have said that amongs other specific requirement for recruitment, they need the employee to have some level of spiritual synergy, i personally don't think its out of place.

I believe that some of them deceive their employers when interviwed that they possess all the requisite academic and spiritual qualifications only to start manifesting some 'fruits' not in line with what they have claimed all along.

Now instead of trying to make an issue out of this, have you asked your friend if they told him prior to now that being a member was a pre requisite to his absorbtion into that school/church establishment?.

My younger sister had to leave madonna university for another tetiary institution in Ghana because of how they were (according to her) practically being forced into catholicism which was not her practise. Instead of coming to nairaland to whine, we did the sane thing by redeploying her.

My advice: tell your friend to either shape in or shape out, because it difficult for two to work together (successfully) without agreement!
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by dougivilla(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
Discrimination under whatever guise is not acceptable. However, every organisation have general and specific requirements for recruitment. If a school within a church environment have said that amongs other specific requirement for recruitment, they need the employee to have some level of spiritual synergy, i personally don't think its out of place.

I believe that some of them deceive their employers when interviwed that they possess all the requisite academic and spiritual qualifications only to start manifesting some 'fruits' not in line with what they have claimed all along.

Now instead of trying to make an issue out of this, have you asked your friend if they told him prior to now that being a member was a pre requisite to his absorbtion into that school/church establishment?.

My younger sister had to leave madonna university for another tetiary institution in Ghana because of how they were (according to her) practically being forced into catholicism which was not her practise. Instead of coming to nairaland to whine, we did the sane thing by redeploying her.

My advice: tell your friend to either shape in or shape out, because it difficult for two to work together (successfully) without agreement!!

1 Like

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Originalsly: 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
It is never right to discriminate period. The guy is wrong....he was not fired...he resigned. He should have waited to be fired.....which the church is smart enough not to do. They hired him...and know they cannot suddenly change the rules and fire him because of religious belief. That church is all about money....I'm sure all of this is because the guy was not and refused to let off 10%as tithes...and make other "voluntary" contributions.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by dougivilla(m): 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
No spam intended! Network things.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by obailala(m): 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nigeria is greatly blessed with abundant human and natural resources. However, we were cursed with multi-ethnicity.

Nigeria today has to be the most tribalistic and ethnocentric nation on the face of the Earth. The politics of tribalism and ethnocentrism has also given birth to religious differences and high intolerance even within similar faiths.

Have we not heard of stories where large ministries will not spare just a meal for a destitute at its gate simply because he/she is not a registered member?

Should anyone really be surprised that a Nigerian 'missionary' school would not employ a 'qualified' candidate of a different household?

Anyway, they say charity begins at home and there is always a biblical backing for every act "Gal 6:10 Do good to all men especially those of the household of faith." This then raises the question,...what is the real biblical definition of household?...

1 Like

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by deebrain(m): 6:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
(in triple h's voice)
This is because it is best for business. angry
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by KayB: 7:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
when it comes to employment now church is regarded as a venture but when this so called venture is now asked to pay tax then that government is diabolic and satanic because it is a house of God? Well keep wallowing in hypocrisy, that's why we are being ruled by morons using divide and rule strategy.....

1 Like

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by alotofgrace(m): 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
i wonder y some people dey carry shosh issue as is that is where heaven is. as for winners....they rep the biz sector of heaven grin grin grin. that ish y members built that advance secondary school (where students dey needown for class), buh cant afford to send there kids dia. its just like the isrealites that built in farao's time buh could not afford to settle dia embarassed cry no ofens grin
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by oladayo042: 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
ini4brandon: im sure thier "business sense" wont let them apply this discriminatory rule to student enrollment. dem go enroll even hindu pikin as long as the parents agree to pay the expensive fees
They will just shift the goal post and say: "admitting a Hindu pikin is a good way to bring him closer to God".
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by chidozy15(m): 10:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lilimax: To me, the school being a missionary school should have this criteria for employment: Strictly for born again Christians.
However, it could be they are reserving placements for there members alone undecided
Afterall the scripture says :Do good to all men especially those of the household of faith. Gal 6:10
My opinion though...

What if the person in question is better qualified than any available 'member' who could take his place??
I believe that this is just wrong, people are now beginning to take this church thing to new extremes. The new rave now is how people from one church cannot marry individuals from another even if it is still in the same 'christian' community.
Churches now serve as dis-harmonising agents, no wonder the Muslims are faring better
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by chidozy15(m): 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
Gombs:

You want for example Redeemed church pple to come teach in winners chapel church, whereas Winners chapel church has folks who can do d job?.

Your post is just plain stupid, we are talking about a job with qualifications and experience not a behavioural pattern. His quitting and not being previously fired shows that he at least was qualified to have the job and you are opening you stupid oral edifice to say "charity begins at home".
If we are to follow what you are saying, then the job could be given to an illiterate just because he attends the church in question. DUMBFUCCK!!!
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by anienge001: 12:08am On Oct 01, 2013
zolajpower: @ op u are bringing down d house wth ur religion-fire sentiment. I hope d house quench d fire at d end of d day. I was in kano state,many yr bck nd a particular man frm my home town delta state was forced 2 b a muslim if he must get a job in 1st bank. Also a man in d compound i lived, who has 2 kids and a wife lost his job in d same 1st bank simply becos he refusd 2b a muslim. So let b care how we bring idiotic write up 2 d forum or fp.

Gombs:

With responses like these, I can imagine the direction we are heading to. What is the difference between what the OP posted and what fundamentalists over the world including 'boko hahram' are doing? When will Nigerian youth see things objectively without the lenses of religious denominations? Most Christians are just empty noise makers!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? / A Christian Open Love Letter / Testimonies: Face To Face Encounter With Jesus Christ And The Revelations Of Heaven And Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.