Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,241 members, 7,836,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? (12008 Views)

Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 01, 2013
Are they saying only their church is the rightful church? Are all students in the school living faith members? Is the school a church or a business enterprise?
I think it is wrong. You don't force people to worship God in your church. God so God would have made people and put them straight in heaven to praise Him day and night. There should be free will to act.
I hate to hear attacks on God's body through acts like this.
God will surely intervene one day.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 7:29am On Oct 01, 2013
luluosas:
Well, whether na business you call am ooh or not but, is it correct for Living Faith schools to say you must be a member of their church before you can be employed in their school?
u better don't join o
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by luluosas(m): 8:14am On Oct 01, 2013
jude33084: More than 70% of World of Faith group of schools attend Church of God Mission and compulsory 10% deducted from their salaries as tithe lipsrsealed
Plz don't ask me how I know grin
And that is exactly what I will ask you.
How did you know? Prove your case with FACTS and not hearsay.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by luluosas(m): 8:32am On Oct 01, 2013
Lilaex: Wat is ur own bizz @OP mind ur Business
I should mind my business you say?
Well, I am already minding my business because, I am a Muslim owned organisation where there's no form of DISCRIMINATION WHATSOEVER.
Moreover, I sure you are one of a supposed Christian that never sees anything wrong in his/her church people are doing, even if it is smelling on their nostrils with much offensive odours.
Do you want to know about the place I work?

See this as it may be of interest to you:

AUN is an equal-opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE IN EMPLOYMENT on the basis of race, creed, color, nationality, origin, age, sex, RELIGION, and marital status.
For more information on AUN, explore
www.americanuniversitynigeria.org
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by luluosas(m): 8:47am On Oct 01, 2013
Lordave: Op I don't know the kind of response you're expecting.
To them Living Faith owners it's right because they have their reason. You'll should just bear it, it's one of the consequences of being a christian if you find it offensive.
My dear friend, I beg to disagree on the bolded.
I rather see this wicked policy of Living Faith schools management as a cult-like initiations.
This is a work place for God sake, and not a church. Even if it is a church sef, do they have the right to DISCRIMINATE against anybody that chooses to worship with them?
By the way, if they accommodate other denominations church members children, and even stack unbelievers (non practising Christian) in this same school, then, the entire management of the school (founder to the least management employee) are ALL HYPOCRITES.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by luluosas(m): 8:55am On Oct 01, 2013
Promhize: Its their policy, its their school. Leave if u don't like it.
I will rather call that policy ANTI PEOPLE policy.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by luluosas(m): 9:02am On Oct 01, 2013
Gombs:

Must you make it a big deal?

You want for example Redeemed church pple to come teach in winners chapel church, whereas Winners chapel church has folks who can do d job?.

What happened to Charity begins at home? Eh?
My brother, what about Christians [just like me (I work with an organisation owned by Atiku Abubakar)] working in Muslims owned establishments and organisations, why shouldn't OUR CHURCH (in my own case RCCG and by extension Pastor E. A. Adeboye) employed us? Why I ask you again my brother?
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by luluosas(m): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2013
danot1030: d questns i wil like 2 ask u is ur complain goin 2 forc dem change d policy or wil u organise a protest against dem 4 such a policy? i dont knw wich one be ur own nw, ppl like u ar quick 2 react in blackmail against anytin coming frm d church.
And you think I am a Muslim or an atheist? If you cannot make objective contribution to a matter without bringing your religious bigotry into it, you better keep your mouth shut.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by luluosas(m): 9:11am On Oct 01, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Once upon a time, a man named Tai Solarin founded the Mayflower School in Ikenne,Ogun State. The Late Tai Solarin was an unrepentant 'atheist'. Yet, christians, muslims, traditional worshippers sent their kids to the school because of the quality of education. The school flourished and produced some of the best brains in Nigeria of today. In spite of the quality, the school fees wasn't out reach of the average Nigerian family. Tai Solarin, though an atheist, his legacy forever lives on. Now the question is, how many 'Christian' families can afford to send their kids to the current 'Christian' private school founded by popular pentecostal movements? Moral of the story, you need not to wear a white collar or grow long beard to impact on humanity. Service to humanity is not a religious matter.
God bless you for this wonderful insight.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by luluosas(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2013
zolajpower: @ op u are bringing down d house wth ur religion-fire sentiment. I hope d house quench d fire at d end of d day. I was in kano state,many yr bck nd a particular man frm my home town delta state was forced 2 b a muslim if he must get a job in 1st bank. Also a man in d compound i lived, who has 2 kids and a wife lost his job in d same 1st bank simply becos he refusd 2b a muslim. So let b care how we bring idiotic write up 2 d forum or fp.
Religion-fire sentiment? I reserved my comments on that!

As for the First Bank issue you cropped in, does it mean that, the whole First Bank as it is constituted today in Nigeria, comprises of 'Muslims ONLY' as their staff? You must be high on 'Sapele Water' or something.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by luluosas(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2013
ValNweze: DO U EXPECT TO REAP WHERE U DO NOT SOW....?
If you are not working in the organisation owned by the so called church you are a member as I typing this right now, may you lose your job. Say amen.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Niyinficient(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2013
Shaking my head for the irrational and illogical and bias comments so far! So its a crime for a church to own schools? Didnt d early missionaries owned schools, printing press n oda enterprises? Missionary schools got free land and free work force during their time, bt nowadays nothing goes for free and so therefore pple must pay to attend d present schools own by churches! I don't knw abt not-being-a-member-to-work in winners schools. You ar the same pple who will also complain of Winners of not giving their members work, u will say members who pay tithe and offerings are jobless and doesn't get work from the church while non members are been given works! The truth is that, there is sentiment everywhr, will u give ur limited food to ur hungry crying children or dat of ur neighbours ? Take heart brother and find work somewhere else, afterall u av a government that fails to give u employment opportunities, hold her responsible and not an individial trying to relief ur govt of her incapabilities by providing few job opportunities and yet u all castigate him and tag him a fake man of God, just becos he is brainy enuf to liberate his pple from poverty, let ur govt borrow knowledge from him and create something out of nothing! Afterall, wen he was driving his beetle car and few members in a thatched roof building in Kaduna, whr were u May God forgive u all!!! Stop being myopic abt ur way of reasoning! Always give a valid and accurate judgment!
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by luluosas(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2013
Niyinficient: Shaking my head for the irrational and illogical and bias comments so far! So its a crime for a church to own schools? Didnt d early missionaries owned schools, printing press n oda enterprises? Missionary schools got free land and free work force during their time, bt nowadays nothing goes for free and so therefore pple must pay to attend d present schools own by churches! I don't knw abt not-being-a-member-to-work in winners schools. You ar the same pple who will also complain of Winners of not giving their members work, u will say members who pay tithe and offerings are jobless and doesn't get work from the church while non members are been given works! The truth is that, there is sentiment everywhr, will u give ur limited food to ur hungry crying children or dat of ur neighbours ? Take heart brother and find work somewhere else, afterall u av a government that fails to give u employment opportunities, hold her responsible and not an individial trying to relief ur govt of her incapabilities by providing few job opportunities and yet u all castigate him and tag him a fake man of God, just becos he is brainy enuf to liberate his pple from poverty, let ur govt borrow knowledge from him and create something out of nothing! Afterall, wen he was driving his beetle car and few members in a thatched roof building in Kaduna, whr were u May God forgive u all!!! Stop being myopic abt ur way of reasoning! Always give a valid and accurate judgment!
Sorry to ask you ooh. Where do you work sir?
My concerns here is why must a school (business enterprise) discriminate over employment issues, based on denominational differences, but the same Christian faith?
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by luluosas(m): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2013
gzib: Are they saying only their church is the rightful church? Are all students in the school living faith members? Is the school a church or a business enterprise?
I think it is wrong. You don't force people to worship God in your church. God so God would have made people and put them straight in heaven to praise Him day and night. There should be free will to act.
I hate to hear attacks on God's body through acts like this.
God will surely intervene one day.
It supposed to be a business enterprise and never a church.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by macof(m): 11:01am On Oct 01, 2013
free2ryhme: Nigerians are highly discRiminative and tribalistic.
not all pls.
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by macof(m): 11:04am On Oct 01, 2013
Lilaex: Wat is ur own bizz @OP mind ur Business
it's everybody's business. These Christians should stop deceiving people

1 Like

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Willybos(m): 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
I will advist u 2 go bck 2 dat church iv realy u wnt 2 c d kindom ov God, bcoz d Bible hav spokn dat no wuman should wear a man dress n no man should wear a wuman dress xo may d peace ov lord b wit u*
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by iamdsam: 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
Tell David Oyedepo or whatever he calls himself to learn from Prophet T.B Joshua. Pastors like this are only sowing the seed of hatred in Nigeria which has been a problem in Nigeria for years now. Pastors like this are the ones that bring up all sorts of bad social attitudes in the country. This man better repent from his bad attitudes which he has continued to portray for some time now. As for me, I've stopped going to church because of hatred like this portrayed in churches. I prefer watching Emmanuel TV. Religion is meant to strengthen love around the world. The main theme of christianity is love which knows no bounds. Whether you are a christian or not, you're meant to show them love. I'll stop here but Let Love Lead!
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Johnikowyi: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
No church employs a staff that is not a church member
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Johnikowyi: 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
Keep insulting papa when people have been blessed financially by him
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Johnikowyi: 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
Well blessed winners family members BISHOP MIKE AFOLABI has resigned from winners chapel.......... embarassedWell blessed winners family members BISHOP MIKE AFOLABI has resigned from winners chapel..........
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by macof(m): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
Johnikowyi: Keep insulting papa when people have been blessed financially by him

And also taken financially from people
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
They should sue Bishop Oyedapo. It's because they haven't sued him that's why he's like this,first slapping a girl wasn't enough for him now this.SMH
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by vooks: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
The error was in employing them without regard to their sects only to demand that they subscribe to Winners' theology.
I wonder if they teach Christianity in the school seeing they don't teach theology at the Covenant University
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by paxonel(m): 4:50am On Nov 19, 2014
Christianity is supposed to be seen as one religion. but if you ask people like oledepo who didn't go to school on time, he will tell you that Christianity is not a religion. now they are turning it to fraternity way of life. please, is this the kind of thing Jesus thought us? i don't think so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by denisbid: 5:57am On Nov 19, 2014
paxonel:

Christianity is supposed to be seen as one religion. but if you ask people like oledepo who didn't go to school on time, he will tell you that Christianity is not a religion. now they are turning it to fraternity way of life. please, is this the kind of thing Jesus thought us? i don't think so.
when the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by paxonel(m): 6:34am On Nov 19, 2014
denisbid:

exactly
Re: Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? by luluosas(m): 9:32am On Nov 19, 2014
denisbid:

Hmm.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Church Did You Attend As A Child &how Did It Impact You While Growing Up? / A Christian Open Love Letter / Testimonies: Face To Face Encounter With Jesus Christ And The Revelations Of Heaven And Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.