Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,277 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! (5772 Views)

My Married Friend Needs Your Advice / Dear Family, A Depressed Soul Needs Your Advice. / A Pregnant Woman Going Insane Because Of Her Hubby, Needs Your Advice Urgently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
debrief what is this i am reading - I hope its late night that is causing me to read cancer and not you that has it.

Please if its true i have another prayer point from today. stay strong my sister.
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by EfemenaXY: 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Royal Roy: More funds coming in.
More still needed!!

A** (f) - 5k

Anonymous (f) - $100- 16k

Total - 71k

Remaining - 79k

We still need more support for her!

Thanks.

RR, seeing as this is an 'urgent' situation, why don't you push this thread onto the front page? undecided

You're bound to get more international 'help' and donations that way from well-meaning Nigerians. lipsrsealed
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 2:25am On Oct 03, 2013
Efemena_xy:

RR, seeing as this is an 'urgent' situation, why don't you push this thread onto the front page? undecided

You're bound to get more international 'help' and donations that way from well-meaning Nigerians. lipsrsealed

Yes we've considered it.
Keeping it in view to see what happens soon.
Thanks for ur suggestions.
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by ifyalways(f): 7:06am On Oct 03, 2013
The lady needs a "Job" not house rent money ! And I'm surprised the organizers didn't focus on that.
Soo what happens after the rent is paid? Who pays the utility bills,how do they live? What was the mom doing before now and what happened? Why is she not yet employed,what type of job is she looking for? Oh,ok, the usual answer - God will provide and do the rest,right?

Sentiments aside, giving a fish is not always solution rather I see it as creating more burden for the society at large.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Rhythm(f): 7:40am On Oct 03, 2013
ifyalways: The lady needs a "Job" not house rent money ! And I'm surprised the organizers didn't focus on that.
Soo what happens after the rent is paid? Who pays the utility bills,how do they live? What was the mom doing before now and what happened? Why is she not yet employed,what type of job is she looking for? Oh,ok, the usual answer - God will provide and do the rest,right?

Sentiments aside, giving a fish is not always solution rather I see it as creating more burden for the society at large.

If you need the answer to all these questions, click on the lady's profile and read her original post. She gave a detailed explanation of her predicament. One nice person on that thread even offered to teach her how to bake or something so she does, which is what you too should be doing if you so much want her to be working. Cuz all I see in recent posts here is all talk, no solution. The fact that people have decided to help pay her rent doesn't mean she's not still searching for a job.

I understand how someone won't want to help, but it doesn't also mean the people helping are not smart. You say 'so what happens after the rent is paid' but the more pertinent question should be 'What happens after the rent expires'. The lady gets thrown out in the streets b'cuz loads of people who could have helped were warned that they were contributing to society's problems by helping.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 8:02am On Oct 03, 2013
This is her previous story here......

www.nairaland.com/1433891/pls-u-empty-house-share
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Rhythm(f): 8:12am On Oct 03, 2013
Royal Roy: This is her previous story here......

You shouldn't have bothered. Cuz I clicked on it to find she was even the first to comment and say 'sorry'. The lady wasn't even asking for money at first, just a place to stay and keep job-hunting, but then you knew that already. When no one could squat her, she asked if we could help financially. She is staying in a place with 120 rent per year, (which already says its not the best of houses) and she is willing to move to a one-room apartment with cheaper rent.

What else do you people want from her biko? Until she packs up her life to go and settle in an unknown village where job-hunting would be restricted to peanuts paying private schools, even after she does that, I still doubt anyone who doesn't wanna send her money would.

In my opinion, giving money to people isn't such a bad idea, you just have to know the person's spirit and determination to make it, and this lady doesn't seem bad to me.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by ifyalways(f): 9:00am On Oct 03, 2013
Royal Roy: This is her previous story here......

Royal,I've seen that thread and it didn't address the questions I raised.

What did she study in school ?
Where can she work ?
What was her mother doing, how did it go down,can it be revived and how?
Have she started the cake making classes,would it be better if her mom takes up that offer seeing it wont be bringing in income,atleast for now,while she looks for a job with a steady and sure source of income ?
Lastly, is relocation an option?

4 Likes

Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 03, 2013
Rhythm:

You shouldn't have bothered. Cuz I clicked on it to find she was even the first to comment and say 'sorry'. The lady wasn't even asking for money at first, just a place to stay and keep job-hunting, but then you knew that already. When no one could squat her, she asked if we could help financially. She is staying in a place with 120 rent per year, (which already says its not the best of houses) and she is willing to move to a one-room apartment with cheaper rent.

What else do you people want from her biko? Until she packs up her life to go and settle in an unknown village where job-hunting would be restricted to peanuts paying private schools, even after she does that, I still doubt anyone who doesn't wanna send her money would.

In my opinion, giving money to people isn't such a bad idea, you just have to know the person's spirit and determination to make it, and this lady doesn't seem bad to me.

I don't understand why you are getting your knickers in a twist over this . . .

Nobody is saying you shouldn't help the OP. All I'm doing to discouraging you 'kind-hearted' folks into guilt-forcing people (who don't think they should help) into helping.

When you people were raising money for her, did anybody stop you guys?

Why then will you start making baseless conclusion and accusing 'women of being their own worst enemies' undecided

I have seen Ify go out of her way to help a a young woman on this forum, without even asking questions. If she feels the need to thread with caution on this case it's unfair to accuse her (and other women) of being their own worst enemies!

She's asking pertinent questions and one would have expected the OP to take out a few minutes to answer them . . . . But no, you people are jumping down her throat for daring to ask!

Oya nah, you people should pay the rent and stop harassing other forum users nah!
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by SorayaCarvalho(f): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2013
Who are you again? You are doing more harm to this cause than you think. You are going to discourage people who are willing to help with this attitude.

Rhythm:

2 Likes

Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Rhythm(f): 9:53am On Oct 03, 2013
Soraya-Carvalho:
Who are you again? You are doing more harm to this cause than you think. You are going to discourage people who are willing to help with this attitude.

Who the hell talked to you and why are you talking to me.

1 Like

Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 03, 2013
Two fighting grin

Meanwhile dem never contribute o

1 Like

Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by SorayaCarvalho(f): 9:57am On Oct 03, 2013
Rhythm:

Who the hell talked to you and why are you talking to me.

Aren't you doing the same thing you are asking me.? Stop harming this cause, your attitude sucks!
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Rhythm(f): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2013
Ujujoan:

I don't understand why you are getting your knickers in a twist over this . . .

Nobody is saying you shouldn't help the OP. All I'm doing to discouraging you 'kind-hearted' folks into guilt-forcing people (who don't think they should help) into helping.

When you people were raising money for her, did anybody stop you guys?

Why then will you start making baseless conclusion and accusing 'women of being their own worst enemies' undecided

I have seen Ify go out of her way to help a a young woman on this forum, without even asking questions. If she feels the need to thread with caution on this case it's unfair to accuse her (and other women) of being their own worst enemies!

She's asking pertinent questions and one would have expected the OP to take out a few minutes to answer them . . . . But no, you people are jumping down her throat for daring to ask!

Oya nah, you people should pay the rent and stop harassing other forum users nah!

I'm not in support of guilt-tripping anyone, neither have I done that. All I'm saying is, no one should make anyone feel bad for either helping or not helping. I do not like statements like 'women are their own worst enemies', neither do I like statements like 'giving people money, contribute to societies problem'. Cuz both statements are wrong.

I'm not against anyone asking questions, I only tried to direct her to the other thread where these questions were answered, only to find out that she was even the first to comment of that thread, which creates the impression that she's only just talking now for talking sake.

Then asking her to move back to her village, as if you don't realise that most people who live in those same villages move to cities like abj to get a job after school, then how realistic is it to ask a job seeker to move back to her village? Is it to start farm work or what?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Rhythm(f): 10:07am On Oct 03, 2013
Chillisauce: Two fighting grin

Lmao, now that's true grin
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Rhythm(f): 10:09am On Oct 03, 2013
Soraya-Carvalho:

Aren't you doing the same thing you are asking me.? Stop harming this cause, your attitude sucks!
What the hell do you know about my attitude? If it sucks then get a straw. Moving on...
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by nwauwa(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2013
Chillisauce: Two fighting grin

one can't post until he contributes? Make una kuku lock the thread and change the heading to 'for contributors only'. Must she stay in Abuja? 60K will rent her a room @ Lagos, abeokuta, awka, uyo, enugu etc where she will be closer to relatives and have a higher chance of getting a job.
After rent,what next
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Rhythm(f): 10:48am On Oct 03, 2013
^^So what are you doing here. tongue
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by tunapa2009(m): 11:03am On Oct 03, 2013
Hmmmmm!!!! This is not the time for us to be arguing on this issue. Talking about a problem from morning to night doesn't change rather looking for a way forward. I think she studied biochemistry. After settling her house rent, she could look for a good job first in order to be financially independent. Or if she is okay with cake making, the question is, how can she get money to set up this business? Let us try to help ourselves in our little way(money is not neccessary always, good and creative ideas or advice is also important)..
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by EfemenaXY: 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2013
bebe2:

Yes they do,

am going to be slated for this but its the fact.

If she says she does no have a boyfriend dats fine. But at 24 a graduate and no body to help wit money to even rent one room.? Dats worrying.

My point is if u are frm a poor family work up d ladder, dnt go doing love wit ur guys wey get sweet mouth. I need to calculate every move.

Am not saying prostitution oooooo, but I beg look for person wey still get pass u.

No one's going to slate you for giving your opinion. This is an open forum where everyone's free to air their views. You have as much right to do that as the next person, irrespective of whether your opinions differ from the 'norm(s)' - whatever those are.

Now, abeg come 'n explain this your wacky suggestion / advice. Are you saying @OP should get involved in Aristo runz? grin

If so, how does one go about it? Abeg, forgive my 'daftness', you see, Efe is from a completely different era / parallel universe to yours.

*** Thinking: I smell a sweet storyline / plot...***
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by SorayaCarvalho(f): 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
You Suck, Putaaaaa!! angry

Rhythm:
What the hell do you know about my attitude? If it sucks then get a straw. Moving on...
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2013
@debrief

It is well
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by OmoAlata1(f): 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2013
Debrief, I did not know you have cancer shocked. Cancer is b*tch. It is all well ((((e-hugs))))
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
Helllow @Mr. Roy, hope our ministry is moving to the permenent site?
well done
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by bebe2(f): 10:11pm On Oct 03, 2013
Efemena_xy:

No one's going to slate you for giving your opinion. This is an open forum where everyone's free to air their views. You have as much right to do that as the next person, irrespective of whether your opinions differ from the 'norm(s)' - whatever those are.

Now, abeg come 'n explain this your wacky suggestion / advice. Are you saying @OP should get involved in Aristo runz? grin

If so, how does one go about it? Abeg, forgive my 'daftness', you see, Efe is from a completely different era / parallel universe to yours.

*** Thinking: I smell a sweet storyline / plot...***

grin grin u wan be apprentice??

i dnt know how its done o, been married for 17yrs.

now to the story wey dey hand.

i had decided no to post on this thread anymore, but for u i will elaborate abit.

if i let my personality rule me, i will probably be married to a man like jim iyke shocked shocked

am a busy body, (when i was younger ) i like bad boys and all the troubles that come wit them but i let my head lead and my heart followed.

my point is if u know as ur yan-sh be, u go know how to take am sit down.

my dad died wen 15, becos of my home condition, i neva dated guys dat were comfortable being unemployed. in my area guys get in the morning take a shower dress up nicely, stay in front of their house waiting for girls that will passby dat they can toast.

u will neva find me in dat circle, becos i cant afford it. but i t would have been nice for me and them to gavalant around town showing off but i i had to use my head.

my boyfriend then worked as messenger /personal assistant for a gas station owner. we neva had much time for each but we managed that bond has carried us till today.

work ethics is the main thing not money.

i wish this young lady all the best.

BUT DONT ATTRACT BUMS ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE O,

2 Likes

Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Dainy1(m): 9:53am On Oct 05, 2013
[quote author=bebe2]
You are telling ur love story and marriage testimony on someone's thread. someone in need. nah wao for some of u here o. why dont u open a fresh thread and narrate this your story very well.
When it's well for some people, they begin to think it's because they'r smart, more deserving or more beautiful. not knowing it's the matter of Time, opportunity and grace.

6 Likes

Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by ifyalways(f): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2013
ifyalways:
Royal,I've seen that thread and it didn't address the questions I raised.

What did she study in school ?
Where can she work ?

What was her mother doing, how did it go down,can it be revived and how?
Have she started the cake making classes,would it be better if her mom takes up that offer seeing it wont be bringing in income,atleast for now,while she looks for a job with a steady and sure source of income ?
Lastly, is relocation an option?
48 hours after and no response from OP?
Goodluck a tous smiley
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by bebe2(f): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2013
[quote author=Dainy1][/quote]

If u read all the post u will know how all that story came about.

This is the second page, read all the post including the one I was responding to. Then come back and apologise.
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by greatgod2012(f): 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
@mod, please, this thread should not hit the FP o, the ridicule, insult, attack,etc, would have been too much for her, because she's a human, there is no way those insults will not either directly or indirectly hit her. I believe that God who made a way on the sea will surely make a way for her, even beyond her expectation papaa.

And @op, also, if I were you, I will ask the mod to please hide this thread and believe solely on God, for with God all things are possible and I'm very sure that its just a phase and it will soon pass and become history.
It is well with you IJN.
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by greatgod2012(f): 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
@Debrief, it is well with you IJN.
I, Self have been strong for some days now and was advised to give myself some break from every strenuous activities and that's one of the reasons for giving myself some break even on NL.

Our God who is our creator has all our spare parts with Him and He will surely heal and replace every weak part of our bodies. It is well with you and all of us.
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by EfemenaXY: 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2013
greatgod2012: @mod, please, this thread should not hit the FP o, the ridicule, insult, attack,etc, would have been too much for her, because she's a human, there is no way those insults will not either directly or indirectly hit her. I believe that God who made a way on the sea will surely make a way for her, even beyond her expectation papaa.

And @op, also, if I were you, I will ask the mod to please hide this thread and believe solely on God, for with God all things are possible and I'm very sure that its just a phase and it will soon pass and become history.
It is well with you IJN.

You aren't getting it.

So far, nlanders have struggled to come up with the funds she needs to maintain her abode. How else can they get it without more donations, which would invaribly come from her request hitting front page?

Yes, she may get some unwanted posts or insults, but that's what you get when you stretch your hands out for charity. Pride takes a back-seat and the requestor needs to develop a thick skin. Besides this hitting the front page will take the pressure of Family Section members - that way, we won't be accused of not helping our 'sister' in need.
Re: A Nairlander Needs Your Help!!! by Dainy1(m): 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
what's up here?

(1) (2) (3) (4)

She Has Almost All He needs in a woman, But 4years Older than him. / Pleading While Love - Making ( Matured Responses Only) / Man Impregnates Mother, Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.