Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? (20459 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
kingteeee: All I knw is dat tithe is compulsory for every christian

Sorry to ask, are you a pastor or related to any pastor?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Candour(m): 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
collynzo2: you meant num 18:21-32?

Yes bro. Thanks a lot
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by lomprico(m): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
cycline404: Well when i got my job back then i asked my pastor the same question;
His response was, it is good to pay your tithe in the church that you receive spiritual blessing
Tithe, is very important, if you dint pay it there is even a penalty for it in Leviticus 27.31 you will add 20% as interest that is the penalty.
What did where u expecting him to tell u b4? Pay it in another church? Yeah right!
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by fishbone11(m): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
[/color]
koyla: you are wise, God bless you for proving "unbelievers " and "church goers " wrong,,,,,, to me, tithe is paid to God and not compulsory of the church I pay to, though, other churches are against tithes, I see it's because of greediness. thanks again wise man, God bless you a lot.
[color=#000099]
koyla: you are wise, God bless you for proving "unbelievers " and "church goers " wrong,,,,,, to me, tithe is paid to God and not compulsory of the church I pay to, though, other churches are against tithes, I see it's because of greediness. thanks again wise man, God bless you a lot.

Why are we been deceived? All we care about is to quote Malachi 3:10, but ignoring Deu 14:22-29. Pls compare and contrast. Where does the bible say we should bring our income(money) to church or pastor?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by collynzo2(m): 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
Deuteronomy 14:24-26 New International Version (NIV) 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the LORD your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the LORD will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for money, and take the money
with you and go to the place the LORD your God will choose. 26 Use the monry to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
ms_pee: I don't pay tithe, sorry! embarassed

Well noted! You are entitled to your opinion and above all, you commit no sin by not paying tithes.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Christmasdon(m): 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2013
bcomputer101: SO STRANGE!
Isn't it strange how N500 seems like such a large amount when we give it as offering, but such a small amount when you go shopping?
Isn't it strange how 2hrs seem so long when you're at place of worship, and how short they seem when you're watching a good movie?
Isn't it strange that you can't find a
word to say when you're to make
supplication to God, but you have no trouble thinking of what to gist about with a friend?
Isn't it strange how difficult and boring it is to read one chapter of the Scriptures, but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a popular novel or magazine?
Isn't it strange how everyone wants front-row-tickets to concerts, film house or games, but they do whatever is possible to sit at the last row in the holy gathering?
Isn't it strange how everyone wants a place in Paradise, but they don't want to believe, do, or say anything to get there?
. You're on Point. Tell them.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Donald80(m): 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
Let me tell us wat tithe is all abt......if u submit a quotation 2 a company wit others....n u get a calln askn u 2 come pick a cheque 4d job....like 20million naira.....if u come back wit 200k (u can call it PR)to gv d man dat called u as appreciation.....he will share wit his collegues in dat department or he will speak gud of u....n recommend u 4 other jobs......where u didnt...he may nt speak but will mark u.....

God is a business man....a biznx man is one who goes 4 profit....he said be fruitful n multiply......those jobs u do dat brings money...God gv u dem....nt by ur connection....he changes d hrt of kings 2 suit his act.....

dere r men of God workn n prayn for d members......God said bring it 2 d store house dere will be plenty meat......prove me if i will nt open.....prove is dat tithe which is also d PR gvn to d company man.....prove in dat place means do it jst d way u did 4d company man....

Seed sowing n alms r differnt frm tithe.....u can gv d needy...yes....it has its own blessn.....u can still sow a seed 2 dat same man of God u pay tithe 2....because seed is personal.....n also general
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by mu2sa2: 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
Pastors collect money on behalf of god and spend it on behalf of god -wherever or whoever you pay to, this is a fact.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by DonTim1: 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
this is my personal poll,

if u believe in tithe like this, if u dnt, like d next post, wld luv to draw inference

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by DonTim1: 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
i do not believe in tithe, like this

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by fishbone11(m): 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
collynzo2: Deuteronomy 14:24-26 New International Version (NIV) 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the LORD your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the LORD will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for money, and take the money
with you and go to the place the LORD your God will choose. 26 Use the monry to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice

Tnx man,Besides paying of tithes was for The children of Israel of old,was a covenant with God.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
chio: Its wrong.You pay your Tithe in your Church where you worship because thats where you get your spiritual nourishment.

You can decide to make a donation,or goodwill offering or even sowing a side in another Church if you are lead to do that but certainly not yo ur tithe.
(For instance i can not be in lagos worshiping in my Church and then
send my Tithe to my Village church.The best i can do to help the other church is to make a free will donation to any other Assembly as you are lead )

Happy Sunday

Noted but if i must ask, who gives you the spiritual nourishment you made mention? Is it God or ur pastor? And who are you paying the tithe to? To ur pastor or to God?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Emperoh(m): 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
This question further exposes the division churches are creating all in the name of God!
There is only one God and wherever you worship, it should be the same God.

Any person who says it's bad to pay tithe to another church is simply a Businessman Church, you should flee from such a person.
Pay your tithe anywhere and to any church. It is still the same God we are all worshiping. His work we are still spreading.

Tithe is not for Father and Pastor or any Gaddamn prophet!
It is for ensuring that the house of God is in order.
You can also give alms to the poor. It is part of tithing. Afterall, "whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me"

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by theSpark(m): 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
I attend different churches and i drop my tithe in whichever church the first sunday after payday meets me. In my opinion I see nothing wrong with that. However, i sometimes consider which church will need the tithe most, i also see nothing wrong in giving your tithe to church missions and missionary societies and charities.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2013
RedBenson: I just want to know cos we were having a serious argument yesterday. Some people said nothing is wrong with it from the originality point of view cos tithe was meant for evangelism and for destitutes which any church paid into it could do if truly willing. Some said your tithe must go to the church where you worship as a member.

Clarifications i need please!

Who told you that tithe is for evangelism and feeding the destitute?

And no its not wrong because tithe is an obsolete law of Moses.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Mayouree(m): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
christemmbassey: tithe is the BIGEST FRAUD IN HUMANITY, THERE IS NO SINGLE VERSE IN D ENTIRE BIBLE WHERE CHRISTIANS ARE COMMANDED TO PAY 10% OF THEIR SALARIES/WAGES TO GOD, JESUS, PASTORS OR CHURCH. Yes we should give /contribute and help each other, if u pay tithes to get anything from God, it means, what Jesus did at d cross was nt for you, you are still in ur sins. Bro mbok, kop akpan iko. Mkpa Jesus ono nyin uked mkpo tithe imikemeke ndino. Abasi, udiong fi.
Are u sure u are a christain at all Or just bench warmer in church? Cant believe someone is saying tithe payin is not in d bible.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
ekiyor3: my brother or sister, u stil do not want to tell us what u want. Pls tell us ur reason for taking ur tithe to another church. U cant just be doing that u must have a reason. Pls tell us so we can contribut. Thanks

ekiyor3: my brother or sister, u stil do not want to tell us what u want. Pls tell us ur reason for taking ur tithe to another church. U cant just be doing that u must have a reason. Pls tell us so we can
contribut. Thanks

Example, it was announced in the church you were invited to that worshippers and members shld pay thier tithes becos the next day being Monday, the church leaders would be going to visit orphanage homes for items donation and right in the church, you have your tithe with you and you feel you shld be part of those touching the lives in the orphanage, then you believe that it doesnt really matter where you pay your tithe as long as it's used in the manner that glorifies God, then you cant resist anymore and so you drop your tithe in the church but not a church you are a member to. Is that wrong?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by kabba7(m): 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
Some few yearrs back I help a bro in the ΰ̊.S facilitate in the building of a church in a rural area around the KAIMA area of Kwara State. Once attended a midweek service in the old Living faith church in Ilorin where the Pastor told the congregation should to pay thier tithes at churches where they are fed the word of God if they the church they attend don't feed the with the word of God adeuately. So in essence chritians not bound to pay tithe where they worship
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by christemmbassey(m): 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
Kamsy10: But this tithe was mentioned in d old testament. How come our pastors ignore other old testament rules except tithe.
They tell us that Christ has died therefore u can wear anything to church, and however u get d money,no one cares as long as u pay tithe

Some even go 2d extent 2tell u tithe is d only way to attract God's blessings. So my question is isnt d book of malachi also in d old testament? I mean before the same Christ died?

Scammmmmmmmmmm alert
my bros even d Malachi d fraudstars used to qunte to CURSE ppl was written dirfctly to the levitical priests who refused to take d required to d temple, it was not directed at d christians at all, pls next time u want to study the book of Malachi, START FROM CHAPTER 1verse1. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Donald80(m): 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2013
TITHE.....God specifically mention hw much 2 pay.......SEED SOWIN.....n ALMS....No amount was mentioned

Bible said dat d wages of sin is death.......obey ur parents so dat ur days will b long........dat means if u do d opposite....d penalty awaits u

TITHE.....God said i will rebuike d devourer for ur sake......MEANING....if u dnt pay......devourer will come...n u pay dat same tithe in a painful.....sickness....poverty....lock doors.....death...etc....

Some say TITHE was 4d old testament n a law 2d children of Isrealite...levites/jews

Is d ten commandments nt gvn 2 moses?.....r we nt following d same commandments?.....did christ abolish d law of moses or he amended dem?

D word of God remains d same.....obident is better dan sacrifies......Every God's instruction has a penalty if we disobey......

Tithe is unlocks many blessing.......TITHE brings prosperity.......PROSPERITY means healthiness in every department

U tink u r smart....but u still pay TITHE....to hospital.....robbers.....etc
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by belicov(m): 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
RedBenson: I just want to know cos we were having a serious argument yesterday. Some people said nothing is wrong with it from the originality point of view cos tithe was meant for evangelism and for destitutes which any church paid into it could do if truly willing. Some said your tithe must go to the church where you worship as a member.

yes it is bad cus while one is praying 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ oda is enjoying it dats not fair
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2013
emma_best2000: It depends

How does it depend? Say it pls!
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by An0nimus: 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2013

A Pastor once told me I must pay my tithe at where I worship but I don't subscribe to it. In as much as I'm not a fan of the word 'tithe' whenever I want to offer a seed to God I can give it to any church I choose. If God won't bless me because I didn't give it at my church then so be it. All these misconceptions sef
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by harryakon: 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2013
Donald80: Let me tell us wat tithe is all abt......if u submit a quotation 2 a company wit others....n u get a calln askn u 2 come pick a cheque 4d job....like 20million naira.....if u come back wit 200k (u can call it PR)to gv d man dat called u as appreciation.....he will share wit his collegues in dat department or he will speak gud of u....n recommend u 4 other jobs......where u didnt...he may nt speak but will mark u.....

God is a business man....a biznx man is one who goes 4 profit....he said be fruitful n multiply......those jobs u do dat brings money...God gv u dem....nt by ur connection....he changes d hrt of kings 2 suit his act.....

dere r men of God workn n prayn for d members......God said bring it 2 d store house dere will be plenty meat......prove me if i will nt open.....prove is dat tithe which is also d PR gvn to d company man.....prove in dat place means do it jst d way u did 4d company man....

Seed sowing n alms r differnt frm tithe.....u can gv d needy...yes....it has its own blessn.....u can still sow a seed 2 dat same man of God u pay tithe 2....because seed is personal.....n also general

The example u gave only happens in corrupt places.u don't do that in Germany, US, Luxembourg or other relatievly corrupt free places. Na only for naija we dey seel all such. Jesus didn't mention tithe neither did Paul.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by christemmbassey(m): 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mayouree: Are u sure u are a christain at all Or just bench warmer in church? Cant believe someone is saying tithe payin is not in d bible.
d levitical priesthood dat was commandf to recieve tithe from d children of Israel was REPLACED BY D PRIESTHOOD OF JESUS,(hebrews7) is ur pastor from d tribe of Levi? Are u practicing d LAW OF MOSES? When u pay tithe to a naija pastor, u commit double SIN, bc ur pastor is not a LEVITE, and u pay tithe to recieve anything from God means dat d finished work of Jesus on d cross was/is nt adequate to give u those things, d bible says, u've FALLEN FROM GRACE, U'R STILL IN UR SIN.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Segunod(m): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
There are countless number of crook pastors dis days... They ride in exotic jeeps, private jet and even live in mansion while members of there church struggle day n night to earn a living. They often use d scriptures to attack members to give to God while they live large on wat members supposely give to God. There children sch abroad while members can't afford private sch for their kids. They eat more than 3square meal while they ask members to fast n sing e go better.

For me, giving to d poor is d key. Most of dis pastors are called by hunger n wat they can earn in d name 'clergy'.. If u must pay tithe, give to God where u know it's much needed rather than where ur tithe wil be an addition to d millions
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by An0nimus: 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
RedBenson:

Noted but if i must ask, who gives you the spiritual nourishment you made mention? Is it God or ur pastor? And who are you paying the tithe to? To ur pastor or to God?
You're asking the right questions Sir. More wisdom to you.

and I also ask; Is there any biblical backing for me paying my 'tithe' to any church organization or worse still any specific branch?. Even banks these days allow people to make payments from whereever they like so what gives? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by An0nimus: 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2013
Okija_juju:

'Tithe' can also be for evangelism and for feeding the destitute. Its better than buying private jets if you ask me.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Alumnus: 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ruthia: dnt get it twisted, tithe s different 4rm charity giving oo, dnt say i dint tell u,

Don't tell me what your pastor said, tell me what the scripture said. Don't limit your knowledge of tithe to Mal 3:10, read passages that talked about tithe too.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2013
Okija_juju:

So if it's not for evangelism and destitutes, was it meant for the pastors to use and be driving around with private jets?
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by buoye1(m): 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
In fact very wrong!!!we should pay our tithes to the church we listen to the word of God,been bleSsed and carry it's covering.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / How Chris & Anita Oyakhilome’s Children Are Coping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.