Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? (20452 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by mspee(f): 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
I don't pay tithe, sorry! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
[quote
author=moscobabs]there is a particular Church I went to before I got my
Job ,the Pastor there seems to be man of God.when He attended to me he
said I'm gonna get the job only if I promise to be paying my tithe in
his church.I was thinking that the idea is wrong but when u don't have
job u will be desperate to day yes to everything then I agreed.I got the
job in 2009 and I paid my tithe to his church for complete 2yrs even
when I was transfed to benin i was paying it to his church account
before I finally stop that so called tithe.[/quote] oga y did u hav 2 stop?
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by chio: 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
Its wrong.You pay your Tithe in your Church where you worship because thats where you get your spiritual nourishment.

You can decide to make a donation,or goodwill offering or even sowing a side in another Church if you are lead to do that but certainly not yo ur tithe.
(For instance i can not be in lagos worshiping in my Church and then send my Tithe to my Village church.The best i can do to help the other church is to make a free will donation to any other Assembly as you are lead )

Happy Sunday
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by timpaker(m): 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2013

Na only when una wan talk about money una go make reference to the old testament but if I wan revenge wetin persin do me una go talk say make I bone that thing say Jesus don cancel dat part for new testament.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by 36STATES: 12:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
A reputable research done by TVL Global Financial has shown that nigerian pastors have a combined futurne of 1.5 trillion naira. The first ten richest pastors own 80% of this forturne and they're all Yorubas. 90% of this futurne comes from tithe paid mostly by Igbos who for inexplicable reasons continue to fall for the antics of incorrigible lieing pastors from a certain part of Nigeria. The research also showed that Yorubas don't attend churches where the pastor or GO is somebody outside their ethnic group. South Easterners and South.S. should wake up and smell the koffi. These two ethnic groups are on downward spiral because scarce resource are being sent to criminal pastors for the development of their regions. Can you imagine how many banks 1.5 trillion can establish, how many private universities it can build, how many shoping malls it can built, how many orphans it can help, how many widows it can feed. They use your money to buy up Nigeria for their gang while you continue playing mumu. Most major industries are in the hand of these group and their ethnic group and the source of the funding is your tithe. You have to wake up or your departed ancestors will never allow you to progress.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by ekiyor3: 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
my brother or sister, u stil do not want to tell us what u want. Pls tell us ur reason for taking ur tithe to another church. U cant just be doing that u must have a reason. Pls tell us so we can contribut. Thanks
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by frank317: 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
smart134:

Are u 4rm dis planet Can u bribe God Read Malachi well ma broda

Malachi my assss, if malachi ask u to jump into the fire or insult God would u? Don't u have brain?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mr4tunate:
Baba, speak English Jor!!!

You couldnt even quote me properly. However, what did you mean to say?
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Ekans: 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
Brethren,give to those in abject poverty and experience inner peace.Dont just give to a church with a MOG who lives in paradise on earth while you find it hard making ends meet.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by harryakon: 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
Okay, so I don't know how regionality entered this arguemnt!! Pls we're all one country for now abeg (˘̯˘ ).

Nd the bible doesn't say anywhere that u should pay tithe to any one church u go to cos u get ur nourishment from any one place so (˘̯˘ )

Nd tithing is a Jewish law/custom. We're nigerians. We prostrate, greet elders, eat kolanut and more. But tithing isn't our custom. Jews of today still pay tithe cos it's their custom (not completely sure of this part tho, sure of all else). But it's jewish custom since days of old. Paul in adressing difference in religion vis a viz cutom/culture said the gentiles need not be circumsised cos it is a jewish law. Hence by same logic, tithing is a Jewish law. We don't need to do it.

Nothing wrong in giving to the church tho, bt these pastors are all either scammers or are ignorant.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by stineb1: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
christemmbassey: tithe is the BIGEST FRAUD IN HUMANITY, THERE IS NO SINGLE VERSE IN D ENTIRE BIBLE WHERE CHRISTIANS ARE COMMANDED TO PAY 10% OF THEIR SALARIES/WAGES TO GOD, JESUS, PASTORS OR CHURCH. Yes we should give /contribute and help each other, if u pay tithes to get anything from God, it means, what Jesus did at d cross was nt for you, you are still in ur sins. Bro mbok, kop akpan iko. Mkpa Jesus ono nyin uked mkpo tithe imikemeke ndino. Abasi, udiong fi.
Bro if you don't pay tithe stop depriiving others of their blessings by your discouragement.
Mbok tre nkpo Oro

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by ify84(m): 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
I decided to be giving God ten percent of my money... to use it for d kingdom business... so, d kingdom business is not a church... it comprises d church,d fellowship, d ministry, d ophanage, d poor, missionary,...
as my income increase... I will increase to up to 90 percent, not just 10 percent,

so... pay it anywhere Just as I am doing and d Lord has not told me otherwise...
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Bambela(m): 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
Tithe should be considered as our moral obligation we must perform as a christian. It doesn't matter where you pay it because it is of God not man. It is parallel to the civic obligations we owe to the State as its citizenry. So it doesn't matter where you before you perform your civic obligation.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Candour(m): 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
Na only Malachi mention tithe? See other more detailed tithe passages

Deut 14:22-29
Num 18:21-32
Neh 10:37-39

Read them up and see if you're being told the whole truth about tithe

Edited.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by danot1030: 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia: 2nd to coment. xtembasy bit me to it.
tite is nt meant 2 reciv 4rm God bt it's a givin lif of a beliva, his worship 2 God. Mat.23:23, right d nw covnant did not giv us a law 2 obey bt it hs given us a lif of luv 2 God
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Afam4eva(m): 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
As far as your tithe is going to where it's needed as stipulated by the bible then the church you pay it shouldn't be a problem.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Ruthia(f): 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
Alumnus: For the past 2 months my tithe has always been paid to the needy around me, am waiting for anyone to prove me wrong. If you choose to pay tithe then give it to where it will be needed whether it is your church or not.

dnt get it twisted, tithe s different 4rm charity giving oo, dnt say i dint tell u,
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Donald80(m): 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
There r 2 tins we need 2 knw brethren.......Tithe is an instruction by God....payn 2 his priests whom r doing his work.....remember.....he said prove me if i will nt open d windows of heaven......dats means if u so wish......he also said d nation has robbed him....dats means tithe is necessary because God mentioned d benefits in dat same malachi.......tithe has its own blessing n seed sowing has it own.....u can sow a seed in d life of people arnd u but tithe shld go 2 d house of God......u can pay ur tithe in any church.....even if d pastor is using it 2 buy jet.....urs is 2 fulfil God's instruction n take d blessings...its left 4 God n d man of God on d last day....its also gud 2 pay ur tithe 2 a church filled wit d presence of God....cos it will unluck d promise faster....remember....wen dat d devil is d acuser.....peter n paul we knw....who r u?......

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by cycline404(m): 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
Well when i got my job back then i asked my pastor the same question;
His response was, it is good to pay your tithe in the church that you receive spiritual blessing
Tithe, is very important, if you dint pay it there is even a penalty for it in Leviticus 27.31 you will add 20% as interest that is the penalty.
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by bookface: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
chaplin4u:

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 3:12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

Why is it the case that most Christians associate the house of the Lord to be a physical building -i.e your local church?

God doesn't live in buildings, he lives in people. According to 1 Corinthians 3:16 - Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

If you want meat to be in the house of the Lord, then you must bless people with your tithes. - Loving this way is consistent with what Jesus taught, lived and died for.

Your pastor does not need another Jet, your neighbour on the other hand need food to eat and a roof over his head, cater for him first with your tithe and God will bless you in multiple folds.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by CMGO(f): 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2013
You pay your tithe in the church you receive God's blessings, as for christians that give their tithe to the poor and needy, you are only deceiving yourselves, it baffles me when humans act wiser than God.

God says bring your tithes to his house, the same way He says His house shall be called the house of prayer, so if you give your tithe to the poor you have only given alms which has its own reward but God still sees you as a robber.

Nothing stops you from paying ur tithes to church and still giving alms to the poor, both are God's instructions as written in the scripture & both are responsibilities of christians.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by emmabest2000(m): 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2013
RedBenson: I just want to know cos we were having a serious argument yesterday. Some people said nothing is wrong with it from the originality point of view cos tithe was meant for evangelism and for destitutes which any church paid into it could do if truly willing. Some said your tithe must go to the church where you worship as a member.

Clarifications i need please!
It depends
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by bookface: 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
CMGO: You pay your tithe in the church you receive God's blessings, as for christians that give their tithe to the poor and needy, you are only deceiving yourselves, it baffles me when humans act wiser than God.

God says bring your tithes to his house, the same way He says His house shall be called the house of prayer, so if you give your tithe to the poor you have only given alms which has its own reward but God still sees you as a robber.

Nothing stops you from paying ur tithes to church and still giving alms to the poor, both are God's instructions as written in the scripture & both are responsibilities of christians.

Liar!!

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

You Love God by spending time in worship!

You Love your neighbor by caring for their needs

Nothing else matters! This is the whole scripture summed up into two parts.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by CrimzP(m): 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
Candour: Na only Malachi mention tithe? See other more detailed tithe passages

Num 17:21-32

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by lomprico(m): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
I don't belive in tithe! Cos the main purpose God introduced it has been defeated. You see pastors today owning big business or working and earning money for themselves and still demanding for tithe, I tot God said d isrealites shld b paying tithes becos the priests den don't have any means to support or fend for themselves and their families, so the tithes is how they eat. But today its no more like dat, billionare n millionare pastor insisting, demanding and treating their members for tithes despite their chains of businesses.( And plz don't tell me they use d money For other developmental purposes cos dey ask for money wenever they want to embark on any project) So just like we don't offer blood sacrifices to God anymore, so also tithing is not necessary.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by collynzo2(m): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
timpaker:
Na only when una wan talk about money una go make reference to the old testament but if I wan revenge wetin persin do me una go talk say make I bone that thing say Jesus don cancel dat part for new testament.
I wonder, that seems to be the only old testament scripture they hold on to, because of money. Jesus whom christians are supposed to follow never asked anyone to pay tithes.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by collynzo2(m): 1:44pm On Sep 29, 2013
ify84: I decided to be giving God ten percent of my money... to use it for d kingdom business... so, d kingdom business is not a church... it comprises d church,d fellowship, d ministry, d ophanage, d poor, missionary,...
as my income increase... I will increase to up to 90 percent, not just 10 percent,

so... pay it anywhere Just as I am doing and d Lord has not told me otherwise...
@bolded, it's either you are highly deluded or very poor at Math.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by collynzo2(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2013
Candour: Na only Malachi mention tithe? See other more detailed tithe passages

you meant num 18:21-32?
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by bcomputer101: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
SO STRANGE!
Isn't it strange how N500 seems like such a large amount when we give it as offering, but such a small amount when you go shopping?
Isn't it strange how 2hrs seem so long when you're at place of worship, and how short they seem when you're watching a good movie?
Isn't it strange that you can't find a
word to say when you're to make
supplication to God, but you have no trouble thinking of what to gist about with a friend?
Isn't it strange how difficult and boring it is to read one chapter of the Scriptures, but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a popular novel or magazine?
Isn't it strange how everyone wants front-row-tickets to concerts, film house or games, but they do whatever is possible to sit at the last row in the holy gathering?
Isn't it strange how everyone wants a place in Paradise, but they don't want to believe, do, or say anything to get there?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by CrimzP(m): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
[quote author=Candour]Na only Malachi mention tithe? See other more detailed tithe passages
Q

Read them up and see if you're being told the whole truth about tithel!v
Re: Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? by Christmasdon(m): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
Tithe is for God, as Tax is for government.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Father Chinenye John Oluoma Witches In Nigeria Presidents, Senators & Governors / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / David Ibiyeomie Celebrates His 54th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.