Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,244 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

"The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. (11671 Views)

The Murder Case- A short story / The Blame Switch - A Short Story / Life's Symphony: A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 10:19am On Sep 30, 2013
temhab: Following

My blood sister, you've done well ma. smiley
welcome on board.

adegwurulez: oga op, 2moro neva reach shey

LOL. . .Good Morning bros.. I done drop one of them naa. . . I go drop more later today.

I hope you like it.
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 10:20am On Sep 30, 2013
My Twin Sist @JOY

I caught you viewing wink

1 Like

Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by joywendy(f): 10:27am On Sep 30, 2013
E<R>F:
My people don't view and walk away ooh. Put something down, it's an amateur write up.

I'm someone lesser than an amateur in literature, this is my first write-up ever.

Please bear with me, with God and Time i will improve.

Your corrections, suggestions, encouragements, critics would be perfectly honoured with great delight. smiley
hehe I don catch u 2day! tongue nice story,so u can write Its cool.grin Is that d preface or what?
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 10:35am On Sep 30, 2013
joywendy: hehe I don catch u 2day! tongue nice story,so u can write Its cool.grin Is that d preface or what?

LOL... Na pre-plead grin

Thanks for commenting twin. .

1 Like

Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by joywendy(f): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2013
E<R>F:
My Twin Sist @JOY

I caught you viewing wink
lol yeah I was oh. Its kul tho. Bt no preface, n chapters. It kinda sound like nollywood movie bt still sha am following grin
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by joywendy(f): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2013
E<R>F:

LOL... Na pre-plead grin

Thanks for commenting twin. .
pre-plead! Lmao! Ulcm anytime smiley
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 10:46am On Sep 30, 2013
joywendy: lol yeah I was oh. Its kul tho. Bt no preface, n chapters. It kinda sound like nollywood movie bt still sha am following grin

It's a short story. It's not up to a novel, and it might not take up to 3days. . .

Just like "last fight. . ." grin
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by adegwurulez(m): 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
E<R>F:

LOL. . .Good Morning bros.. I done drop one of them naa. . . I go drop more later today.

I hope you like it.
like ke?? I love it grin
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 6:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Edafe sensed the worse, disobeying the Chief the second time would make about, a perfectly detrimental outcome. He was greatly distressed, as he was indecisive.

This was thesame man thought to be tormenting the great Chief, without physical contact or words: just with a gaze. He was without a family, had nobody to call his own. He made a vow not to have any relationship, until he accomplish his number one mission on earth.

Edafe looked at him with pity, he was about to die. A great cold caught him as he let out his spear towards the heart of Emiru.

Since he was a professional, there was no doubt about his marksmanship, he had been conversant with the spear right from his infant.

The spear went directly to Emiru's chest, spinning as it moves, hit a big button in the chest part of his suit, sliced it into two equal halve & diverted through a small angle towards the king.

The king "clinged backwards unto the wall with great shock, showing from his facial expression: eyes wide open in fear, and mouth agape" as the spear went with the speed of light towards him & pierced a space in the wall, few centimetres from the king's body.

The Palace was filled with intense astonishment telling from their facial expressions.

Five other guards including Edafe's assistant, 'who were disgusted at their leader's costly mistake' let go of their swords towards Edafe, who sat calmly wit folded arms on a chair opposite them- though a few meters away.

The swords this time went through different angles as they reached Emiru, but at their end point they drew a semi circle round the king. All where a minute-centimeters, not even up to an inch round the king's body.

There was a huge quietness all over the whole Palace, fear gripped even the strongest man, as everyone Was about taking to their heels at the slightest move.

The chief Warrior who rushed in almost immediately Edafe threw his sword towards Emiru, shook his head roughly in anger.

He was a heavily built young man, a near-giantlike structure. He was so dark in complexion that he was thought to be a son of Ozoigbon. He had powerful charms, and never lost a battle.

He had always envied lately the relationship between the King and Edafe. He was bitter, he thought he deserved better.

"'He who secures a kingdom, and he who secures the ruler of the kingdom', who deserved a better treatment?"

He always asked himself, but consoled himself when he noted that: As the Ruler takes care of his guard so the kingdom care for their warriors. But he eyed the position of the Cheif guard dearly, as it would give him a better chance of fulfilling his ambition of ruling the kingdom.

This was a time to prove himself more worthier than Edafe, he was far to loyal for his liking.

"Yes, he said to himself, i will kill him" he said as he brought out the powerful charm he had collected the latter day from Ozoigbon, he told him the charm was "classless."

He tied it in his sword, and let it go. He was the town number one warrior, he had charms too. There can't be any mistakes.

The spear went directly towards the forehead of Emiru with a great force that might beat that of the speed of light, and pierced into Emiru's forehead.

It bursted out of the latter part of his cranium with a pop sound. The people traced the spear's origin simultaneously, when their gaze felled on Abikuku the great warrior, they smiled.

The were still smilling, when the same spear pierced coldly into Abikuku's neck.

Abikuku let out a great shout, and felled face wards. He layed cold- he was dead!

Another warrior who was about raising his spear, retrieved it quickly and placed it were it belongs sharply while looking around.

All eyes were fixed towards Emiru, who had an offending smile on. He stood up and approached the chief, wanting to tell him there was no cause for the troubles; he had come for a party parallel to what's going on.

The Chief being highly afraid, 'not understanding why Emiru was walking towards him,' was now moving sideways in fear.

He let out a great shout

"SEENND FOOR OOZOIGBON. . ." crackingly.

"I'm tired of running"

Efe told Ejiro who was breathing heavily.

"Not until we reach Ozoigbon-palace" Ejiro replied hurriedly.

"Palace or Shrine?" Efe said mockingly.

"You are on your own"
Ejiro ascertained trying hard not to fall prey to the almighty Ozoigbon.

They were the only persons not so carried away in the palace.

So they quickly set out to Ozoigbon-Palace as it was called.

1 Like

Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by konklushun(f): 6:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nyc story u've got here. Am sure d typos nd tense misplacement wld be taken care of wen u edit ur work. Anyways i came to mark attendance register
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by temhab(f): 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
hmm I'm enjoying it cool
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ejiro, who was a tall well-built broad-chested gentle- looking young had a 'thing' for the pretty maid Efe, who brought the cold-boiling water for the Chief.

He was a guard, and was from the Chief's clan. He had a positive feeling about the day's adventure. He loved adventures anyway.

He had took off and hid near a blockage in the palace, to have a clear view of the whole episode, when the Chief started 'dancing' amusingly. He was of a strong heart, but Emiru was not a match; he knew that.

He had 'First Class Honours' in gossiping, but that doesn't mean that he do not know his bounds.

Incase as this, he did mental calculation with himself, because that had no evidence since he spoke within himself.

Unlike Efe who takes any slip of a chance to gossip anywhere anytime! That's why he gave her a warning reply that quieted her.

"Baby chill, we are almost there" Ejiro advised. Efe would never reply that.

As they got closer, a thick darkness eloped them. The air around them seems to be at his freezing point as a thick cold engulfed. The road seems to be in a "V" shape, and as they approached they were stuck.

Efe clung on to Ejiro in great fear and anxiety, and Ejiro was like "Oh heavens, let the darkness/cold last forever."

"Who disturbs my peaceful tour?" a powerful voice thundered.

The sound vibrated the whole arena, the trees bend downwards in an attempt to hide from the angry Priest. There was a blackout, Efe fainted.

Light seems to force their way through space to the arena, as Ejiro tries in vain to look at the person that owns the voice. He turned randomly, looking around. Searching with his eyes for the invisible, as if he never knew the owner of the voice.

*TBC_Shortly*

1 Like

Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
konklushun: Nyc story u've got here. Am sure d typos nd tense misplacement wld be taken care of wen u edit ur work. Anyways i came to mark attendance register

Thanks dear.

You would be utmostly appreciated if you'd point out the errors visible to you ma...

I hope i'd be number1 on the list? wink

Thanks for commenting.
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 10:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
temhab: hmm I'm enjoying it cool

Awww.. Thanks.

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

*typing tho*

1 Like

Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mehn you are make a huge sense. Pls just continue.
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
I am inlove dear. cool those 2likes are mine you hear kiss
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 10:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I am inlove dear. cool those 2likes are mine you hear kiss

Oh baby, you are "flatterilally" killing me..

....Thanks for the "calling" likes wink
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
Damex333: Mehn you are make a huge sense. Pls just continue.
You very welcomed Sire.

Thanks alot for the comment. And i'd continue right away. . .
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
Gobe
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
My Oga Yemi. . .i caught you viewing...

I salute.
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 12:18am On Oct 01, 2013
As a guard, fear was an error. They were almost beyond fear, as they were always prepared to die.

Ejiro was strong-hearted and fearless but was taking aback absolutely when he saw his own rock-like Chief, who went helpless at the gaze of a mere young man.

The Chief was not just great at home, but among the greatest in Africa; his power extends to neighbouring towns and many kings were loyal to him.

But to see him seeking help in the presence of a young boy was a thing, that needs a two way thought.

"The Chief needs you urgently, Emiru torments him!" Ejiro shouted mindfully, trying best to stress the latter part of his statement; in an attempt to provoke him.

Ejiro was looking around to see if Ozoigbon would appear, but it was to no avail.

He was waiting for a reply and still looking about restlessly at least to get a glimpse off the great Ozoigbon, it was a thing of pride to see his latest appearance because he was hardly seen.

That was one a reasons' he had took the first bold step when the Chief requested the summon of Ozoigbon.

"Young man, don't tell me the things i know; i oversees this land and beyond" Ozoigbon thundered in disgust. He was a man of few words.

Ejiro felt like slapping the old man; what the hell was he talking about? He was mindful of his thoughts though.

"Yes he knew, but what was he waiting for before he show-up? A dead king or what?"

Ejiro reasoned deeply with contempt.

"The appointed time son" Ozoigbon thundered.

"Now go away from my presence" he added.

Ozoigbon read his thoughts.

"So what's next?" Ejiro told himself fearing the worst. For once he regretted his careless thoughts. He needed no re-thought about his next action as he turned around forgetting he came with a somebody.

He turned around with great force, released his right legs backwards into the air in attempt to take to his heels- but was stunned greatly by what he saw.

A stout man supposed to be in his 80's, who was on all black: a black cloth round his waist, 'though he was topless' but his body was still as black as someone with a black cloth.

He had many cowries on his neck, many necklace like figures dangling about his thick black neck- he had two golden rings fastened on his nostrils.

Some rumoured, he had a high rank both in earth & in hell (underworld); while some titled him as Lucifer himself.

His beards was lined downwards to his waist, he had a horn-like feature on his cranium.

His ears were straightly bent like that of a goblin, with a shinning staff held firm to his palm. He was bare footed. His eyes were so deep inwards that, Ejiro thought that half of his little finger would go through it.

He boosted dinning with lucifer himself. While it rumoured all over Africa that he was married to jezebel. Evil was written all over him!

Ejiro heard Ozoigbon had multiple appearances, but he never believed.

Now he had to be the rumour monger, because this was not the Ozoigbon he saw five years, when he gave the Chief a suprised visit.

Ejiro was still astonishly in wonderment when he felt his eyes were wearing out. He was passing out slowly, when he heard:

"Fear not Lad, shake up your wife and run away without looking back NOW!"

"Tell the Chief, I would be there at the appointed time"

It was an order from the great Ozoigbon.

Before he could think twice about the statement "Your wife" the so-called wife was meters away.

"Efe please wait" he cried.

Ozoigbon need not waste time to exchange words with mere powerless mortal.
He disappeared into the thin air.

He appeared in his demonaic shrine deeply in thought.

"That young man is no match for Ozoigbon" he said aloud.

He heard a loud strong laughter from the direction lucifer's wall -A wall that connects him and the dark world.

He wasn't really sure if the laughter was in affirmation of his words or the otherwise.

Whatever it was, he cared less.

*TBC*

Happy Independence To You All smiley.

This is also my birthmonth @Oct 11th smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
"He is just a Young man with little experience, i would kill him without preparation"
he told himself.

Indeed! He was more than the task. He partnered with Lucifer himself; he owns a high rank in the dark, and he've got his own territory there.

He is above all mortals, that's why he was hihgly revered both spiritual and physically.

He, and another were the two greatest priests in Africa; he even had affairs with Jezebel: Lucifer's wife.

Why would he be worried about a mere young man? He wondered.

Though the mortals are very powerful, they had the ability and authority to live like mortals; but there was a feature in them that zeroed their power, which is the great and mighty "Fear" He reasoned within himself.

It takes a true man to know his through worth.

Ozoigbon new Emiru was a mortal, but there was something wrong about the young man, he was not just a 'mere' mortal. And That shook him a bit.

The few months ago, he was almost disgraced & stripped of his supreme authority, by Emiru: when they had a show of power, he, Ozoigbon initiated.

He had ordered all the citizens that called on the God Emiru taught about, to be slaughtered in his shrine. He sent some of the village warriors, but they never returned until he teleported there to see the warriors dancing to a strange music.

He started a show of power immediately with Emiru, but when he was almost disgraced, he told him the battle had just begun; he took off.

Since then he had been staying low-key and playing the mute, when it had anything to do with the Lad. But it don't have to continue that way.

"Could he be a god?" he asked himself.

"Certainly Not. He was the same man, he ordered to be killed at birth because he foresaw him a bad seed.

Indeed he was and still a bad seed" Ozoigbon Lamented.

"You deserve death for all the troubles you gave this man" his conscience told him.

"You burnt to death his parents for bearing a so-called evil-seed.

What about his only sister, you threw her in that same boiling water for being sibling to an evil-seed" his conscience added.

"You even struck the guards because they didn't kill him, buh left him in the big tree to be eaten by vultures. How he survived meant nothing to you" his conscience struck him again.

Now Ozoigbon was profusely in sweaty. The pains given by his own conscience!

"What about when he returned Ten years ago, thereby preaching to the people to turn from their evil ways?

How you tormented him & his followers and finally throwing him in the same boiling pool you used in killing his sister, for him to die slowly?" Mr conscience asked rhetorically.

"Enough, i say enough" Ozoigbon shouted to one but himself, out of agony, the torment was much.

He stood up, shook himself and said to himself "I must see Lucifer."

Ozoigbon walked to the Lucifer's wall, and said gravelly

"he that lurks into the dark, it's Ozoigbon"

Immediately the wall shrinked gathering flesh and transformed into a very fair young man of Emiru's age group.

The young man was bright, but his clothes were black coloured.

He said "Ozoigbon, we thought you were dead"

Ozoigbon taking aback- replied in suprise, "by what authority did you made that statement, don't you know Ozoigbon-the-great?"

"And why did you laugh at my statement?" Ozoigbon added.

"He is not an ordinary mortal, he has free contact with the creator" the young man warned.

Ozoigbon let out a loud laugh and said "you are always known for your fear, Montu. You are a mortal like creature, you know.

I have eliminated uncountable soldiers of the Creator who were greater & more experienced than that young Lad, He is no big deal" Ozoigbon spat out.

"I need to see Lucifer," he said ending the conversation.

*TBC*
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by adegwurulez(m): 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
Chinua Achebe in the making
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by joywendy(f): 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
*grabs popcorn* front row seat.still waiting oh!! happy independence n new month!!
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by Tonia500(f): 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
*grabs popcorn and la-casera,goes to front seat* i am following immediately, to see the end of the king.well done.
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
Montu cleared the way, as he was the path that seperates earth & the dark world; then Ozoigbon took a step, and it was into the dark world.

The ground he placed his feet on, were made of the hard back of a tortoise compacted together.

The sky above was made up of fire and brimstone. The fire above brought about thick darkness instead of light; as there was no atom of light energy therein. The surrounding were made up of: tree-like figures were snakes of all sort twisting their head slowly as if making ready to spear someone- the road was inverted "V" shaped, as it widens outwards, contrary to the road to Ozoigbon-palace that goes thinner inwards.

Ozoigbon was transformed into his dark appearance; he became a tall chocolate skinned young man presumed to be in his late 40's. His attires transformed into a thick long black gown, rubbing the floor as if it was packing dirts. Little may wonder why Ozoigbon had deep eyes, that was for dark penetration- as darkness was their light contrary to earth. All sort of night visioned animals were scattered around, with the cats taking the lead.

Ozoigbon walked heavily but firmly, smiling & frowning simultaneously like a confused madman who had trick lucifer himself; he was without his staff.

He had a shout: "Ozoigbon" , he turned around immediately because the shout was strange- filled with suprise and unbelief. He looked around as if searching for something, he stopped at once as he fixed his gaze on a point.

He lifted up his arm and moved his index finger as if writting some letters and immediately his staff appeared in his arm.

He held the staff, pointing it at the place he was looking and said calmly:

"reveal your true self geezer, it's Ozoigbon" and pointed his staff at appearing Cat.

The Cat transformed into a stiff ugly haggard looking old woman in her late 90's, she was motionless and static.

Ozoigbon touched the grosteque figure with his staff, and the old image transformed into a young Lad in black attires.

"Dolbasia, what is the meaning of this?" thundered Ozoigbon to the Lad angrily.

"Ozoigbon, i thought you were dead, i was just testing your meribian-zopher abilities to check my doubts" the young Lad retorted innocently.

Now Ozoigbon had had it to the brim. Enough was enough of all this death issues. The dark lurker, Dolbasia; the next might be death himself. He was confused. He stayed cool, trying not to show the worried feelings he was having.

"Take me to Lucifer" he managed to spit out.

"To Lucifer we go" it was from Dolbasia.

As smoke force themselves out through a thin pipe, so did Ozoigbon and Dolbasia evaporated out, through the thin exit pipe. The pipe was thinner than the edge of a broomstick in the real world(earth); it was the connection between the Dark World & the 'Evil Den' the residence of Lucifer the king of the dark.

They came into a large hall, which was a palace. The roof was made also of burning fire, the floor were filled with piercing thorns. The height of the hall was appalled, it was never ending except for the burning fire.

There were dark clothed bird like creatures flying around as if searching for something. The more appalled looking creatures were sitting on chairs made of thorns; the chairs were on top each other, as if the person on top was sitting on the head of him at the buttom.

Some less fortunate persons were walking on their head, some walked like animals with both hands.

At the middle of the hall, there were different group of human-bodied creatures. A group was made up of half-naked girls, there skin glints like the son. They had long hairs, with painted lips as Jezebel's. They were twisting their like snakes, each girl trying to out-do the other in the snake-like dance, each were facing the location of Lucifer, hoping to get his attention; amongst other groups.

There was a strange feature at the extreme end of the hall; there sat a huge throne made with golden coloured cobras.

On the throne was sat Royal-hood: Lucifer, with Jezebel his wife, in his front. They were glowing, as the whole arena around them, was illuminated!

Dolbasia walked along side Ozoigbon. As they walked on the thorny road towards Lucifer, Ozoigbon wondered at the quietness of the whole palace. Though numerous activies was in progress; there was no sound made.

"It had never been this way; this zone had been the most noisy of all- what was really going on?" he wondered.

Well whatever it was, it would be known soonest.

As they approached the throne, at about seven yards to the throne- Dolbasia bowed and with a pop sound: he was gone!

*TBC*

I yaff tried today baa?
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 8:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
adegwurulez: Chinua Achebe in the making

My right hand man don yarn... grin

Thank you sire.
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 8:06pm On Oct 01, 2013
joywendy: *grabs popcorn* front row seat.still waiting oh!! happy independence n new month!!

Yes ooh sister. . . Na you go Lead us today...!

1 Like

Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
Tonia500: *grabs popcorn and la-casera,goes to front seat* i am following immediately, to see the end of the king.well done.

High five Aunty.

Welcome on board.

The King? I don't think the King/Chief had a problem. . . .it's that black devil angry

Thanks ma'am
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by Becketh(f): 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
#following#
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by ERF: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
Becketh: #following#

Welcome on board ma'am..
Re: "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story. by adegwurulez(m): 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
nw dis is way beyond my expectation.... bliev me bro, u gat talent

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stranded / Write A Description: Describe Her Beauty. / Sneaker (short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.