Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi (13087 Views)

Why ASUU Has Not Called Off The Strike –ASUU President Nasir Fagge / ASUU Has Called Off D Strike...is It True ? / ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Jakeattah(m): 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
Has federal govt been fair to Nigerians?
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
ASUU which way? anyway ASUU strike is politically motivated.
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by b03liberty(m): 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
ITbomb: It is not about releasing money here and there.
It is time Nigeria should agree on something, put it on a paper and implement it.
All ASUU is saying is 'implement the Agreement you signed'. Finish.
N100bn for this and N30bn for that does not show seriousness and commitment to develop the education sector, it is a kangaroo arrangement just to solve immediate problem while waiting for another strike next year.
If it involve shutting down the school sysytem for a year or more, so that a blueprint for making our certificate worth its name, so be it
And by the way, who is obashit
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by sylve11: 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
ngdude: Lol

lmao grin grin grin cool
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Nikapetrelli(f): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
U suppose don know by nw,say ntin in dis world is fair,en fit favour u,but it won't favour ur neighbour
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by b03liberty(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Jakeattah: Has federal govt been fair to Nigerians?
Let obashit answer this!
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by free2ryhme: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lilblack2: I said it before that those so called lecturers of ours are lazy...if they cant find other ways of showing there agitations,they should all retire,keep deceiving us with ur indefinate leave,ASUU is doing help 2 STUDENTS instead it is killing our movement forward
your comment lacks meRit. You leave in a countRy where it is the seriousand educated people trhat begs the unserious and uneducated people with no value for education foR funding. must it be that way? U shld buRy ur head in shame
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Jessechinex: 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
Dis country nids voilence. Guys y dont take up arms nd do sumtin so dat dis useless pple shld knw dat we re nt playin. Afta nw dey cary cary ova give person so dat d person go get xtra yr plus dis strike own again. Guys lets tak laws into our hands ooo our future is in stake here ooo
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by ShobayoEmma(m): 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
when the fg entered into agreement with ASUU in 2009, there was no stipulated time for the total implementation of the deal. now fg has given sumtin for a start; i think it wil be an honourary thing for ASUU to resume also for a start and then ask d fg to giv them a particular time frame to meet all thier demands. through dis nigerians can now stand for thier course if fg then fails. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by tbagjames(m): 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
DonColz1: If only ASUU can put nigerian labour congress (NLC) to this strike matter, am very sure that jonathan will pay the money fast fast., he has the money, he is just giving it to those militants to be buying jet and yatch, instead of that money to be invested in things that can move the country forward, later he would say that nigeria has no money, that is rubbish.
do u know of any militant he bought a private jer or a yatch for?
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by striker9(m): 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
“He who opens a school door,closes a prison”

-Victor Hugo

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Nauttyprof(m): 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
I just wonder how people treat National issues or should I even say Educational matters lightly. This man made mention of negotiating with the government and not commanding but I differ on his view as since the time they've been negotiating with the government, it had not yielded any fruit, only for us to see recurrent strike on the same matter. I think now is the time that all be tabled and treated as they need to be settled once and for all, so as to help the Educational sector of Nigeria.

Day by day the standard keeps on dropping, facilities that should be available for science and technology-based courses in schools are lacking, the academic rooms are lacking while still faced with overpopulated classes, the lecturers aren't well motivated, hence they resolve in all sorts of things just to survive, from sales of handout, extortion, to extra practices or work, outside the academic environment at the expense of lecture period. It is until when education is seen as a priority that our government will get it right.

When the right thing is put in place, Government can begin to make demands in eradicating poor or wrong practices in the system.

For now, all I just do is to smh...... n ask the question- when will Nigeria get it right?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by tomzman: 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
free2ryhme: your comment lacks meRit. You leave in a countRy where it is the seriousand educated people trhat begs the unserious and uneducated people with no value for education foR funding. must it be that way? U shld buRy ur head in shame
Abi! I wonder why people cannot sit down to think and reason before posting comments.
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Remmy488(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
Right from the very first day ASUU initiated that their plans, they have compromised the future of Nigerian students for their selfish interests, how can ASUU be agitating for 70yrs retirement age for its members in our Nigeria society whre there is high unemployment rate, how will those students who graduated with good grades n have the intension of lecturing be incorporated into the system is it when they are old and not useful? Another question is that how many of them can still think and act logically @ that age when several aging diseases such as Alzeimar, parkinson disease even sometimes stroke may have affected their reasoning faculties? ASUU to me is jus being selfish not considering the future of Nigerian youths which is @ stake. We know many of them don't even work all they do is to give out materials on the first day of their lectures and that will b the last time they would be seen for that semester/session. Greatest Nigeria youths, it's high time we opened our eyes to the realities of our societies rather than taking side in this faceoff btw FG/ASUU, am not supporting either of the parties involved in this faceoff cos they both are trading wt our futures.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
It is time Nigeria should agree on something, put it on a paper and implement it.
N100bn for this and N30bn for that does not show seriousness and commitment to develop the education sector, it is a kangaroo arrangement just to solve immediate problem while waiting for another strike next year.
If it involve shutting down the school sysytem for a year or more, so that a blueprint for making our certificate worth its name, so be it
shows hw serious u re
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by timwezzb(m): 1:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
The Strike "WILL SOON" be CALL OFF grin grin
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by lankyjay: 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
we are taking abt 2009 agreement isnt it? y must government wait frm den till nw before gvn out d said 100bn y dnt they source it the way dey just did now? dat shows d level of insincerity on d part of d government. for ASUN i think wot shld b done nids 2b done without political drive.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by EHoudini: 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
One solution only, no alternative: proscribe ASUU... Those filty lazy destiny killers!!!
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
timwezzb: The Strike "WILL SOON" be CALL OFF grin grin
SAYS WHO?
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
ASUU is nt being reasonable. We all knw dat increase in pay (allowance) does nt necessarily mean beta performance 4rm lecturers. Money is'nt d only motivating factor. Lastly l dnt believe in d so called ONCE AND FOR ALL SOLUTION.
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by kennegee: 1:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
Naija I dey hail o! Dis our country sef don tire me wella, a country where nothing seems 2 work but still our leaders are looting money on per seconds basis. Well, na God go judje all of them and their generations must pay 4 the sins they commit. May God help us!
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by 4C2215131: 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
If it involve shutting down the school sysytem for a year or more, to produce a blueprint for making our certificate worth its name, so be it

Are you for real? Careful what you wishh for,as you just might have it all and then some.
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by hypergig(m): 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
Both sides are insane..
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
EHoudini: One solution only, no alternative: proscribe ASUU... Those filty lazy destiny killers!!!
you got the bolded so wrong! the leaders are the original destiny killers! lemme give you an example the FG (our so-called leaders) have chased virtually over 80% of our brighest medical Doctors and other medical personnel out of the country , the academia is not left out in this systematic brainwashing operation orchestrated by our insensitive leaders and thier incurable primitive disposition. China, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brazil have since moved forward, but alas nigerian leaders are crawling behind not knowing what they are looking for. the most annoying fact is they way they passionately hold on to the past!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by alexleo(m): 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
npn: oga you're a slowpoke to be saying this, don't you know its when the ovation is loudest that bow out? ASUU have been on strike for 3months and you're here spitting rabbish. Do you even think at all? Read what you wrote again, see Its better you shut up your big mouth before rain "blessings" on you.

Stop causing high BP for yourself. ASUU is not hearing you. Truth is that FG has no choice than to honour the agreement they signed with them. Agreement is agreement. FG knows they cannot sack them because they don't have enough lecturers. How many proffessors and PHD holders do you have in Nigeria to meet up the standard required number of them needed, consdering the number of universities on ground? Even the private universities don't even have enough of them. You think hiring a lecturer is as easy as finding a clerk to work for you? These people(ASUU) knows this fact and that's why they are still on strike inspite of the no work no pay that has been on since august.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Dospix(m): 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
I am yet to see how all the strikes ASUU embarked in the past has in anyway benefited the Nigerian student. The earlier we come to realize that the groups sole responsibility is to further the individual course of their body the better for us.
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
gudluck don give u fufu chop @ obasi
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by ITbomb(m): 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
4C2215131:

Are you for real? Careful what you wishh for,as you just might have it all and then some.
I wish for the best for Nigerian Universities and students to be globally competitive and not acquiring paper certificates and to be retrained by would-be employers
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by ITbomb(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
Dospix: I am yet to see how all the strikes ASUU embarked in the past has in anyway benefited the Nigerian student. The earlier we come to realize that the groups sole responsibility is to further the individual course of their body the better for us.
That is why they must not call off this strike till the Agreement is fully implemented so that there will be no further strikes again.
If the Agreement is implemented, you will see more lecture rooms, well equipped labs and workshops, better hostels and well motivated and committed lecturers. Sure these will benefit Nigerian students
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by ukandi1(m): 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
ronalmagic10: Haha..am I the FTC? I can't believe this oo

I'm gonna do thanksgiving on Sunday...

@topic, all this news don tire me, jst call off d damn strike. I tried
lookin 4 job, but I couldn't fnd any. Na wa 4 naija...Yesterday media
chat confirmed it that Gej is a mistake, he has no business in aso rock
after 2015. I jst hope that ppl start reasoning wit their senses nd vote
dis man out

u lie big time. infact , u are talking trash..
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
nigeria students not nigerian students

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again / Group Moves Against Sexual Exploitation, To Install Queen Of Nigerian Institutio / Why Is 1+1 = 2,can Someone Prove 1+1=11?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.