Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians (7503 Views)

Justin Beiber Vs Michael Jackson / Top 10 Richest African Musicians / Sunny Ade Vs Ebenezer Obey: Who Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Rossikk(m): 11:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
peterphd: Don't insult the op.If you think any African artiste has achieved more than he has please present evidence for your claim.

You dont need evidence to show that Fela is much more loved and respected by Africans than Justin Bieber is, so in that respect Fela is greater than Bieber. Greatness starts from within. Charity begins at home, not outside. Just as Americans think Bieber is their greatest, so also is Fela OUR greatest. It is not the number of records you sell globally that determines your worth unless your god is money.. I'm sure the Spice Girls and even Vanilla Ice sold more records than Fela. But we know we can't mention these characters in the same breath as Fela Kuti.

There's been an award winning Broadway musical that's been on for the last two years titled FELA!. Hugely successful, the show has played on stage in the US, UK, Holland, Nigeria, etc...and has been seen by guests as diverse as Madonna, Will Smith, Beyonce, Wole Soyinka, Jay Z, Harry Belafonte, Spike Lee, and Michelle Obama.

That type of appreciation is worth more than all the money in the world.
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Abbeylincson(m): 11:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
Abbeylincson: Wetin Justin bieber or barbar they sing mtcheew
fall dead
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Temptee101(m): 11:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
OP, seek help asap...dats all
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by everyday: 11:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
This is not a fact.Its just a propaganda
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by pharmow: 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
adeaugustus:

Now this is nonsense! Bieber is better than 2face. 2face no get platinum album sef

If U cant value what U have, I wonder who is going to value it for U. Because he has one platinum album that was made possible by kids and teenagers, U are saying he is better than 2face. Is it not the same Bieber that was brought to limelight through overhyped youtube video, the same Bieber that is protege to Usher, the same Bieber that was walking nude on the street, the same Bieber that is going through phase of becoming mature in his life, the same Bieber that spat on his fan. U must be joking.
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mschew! OP gtfoh with this bull.
To everyone getting worked up slap yourselves lol this is obviously a troll thread.
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
2sureguy1: Kudos 2 Bieber.....I luv evrytin abt dis guy, cute & intelligent....Justin beat em all....u're reali a legend @ 19
You're GA.Y.. SIMPLE!!!
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by ceevin: 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
Nonsense
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Shalome(m): 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
Real men aint beliber....nigga you s a beliber,like seriously
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
pharmow:

If U cant value what U have, I wonder who is going to value it for U. Because he has one platinum album that was made possible by kids and teenagers, U are saying he is better than 2face. Is it not the same Bieber that was brought to limelight through overhyped youtube video, the same Bieber that is protege to Usher, the same Bieber that was walking nude on the street, the same Bieber that is going through phase of becoming mature in his life, the same Bieber that spat on his fan. U must be joking.
Am not joking, isn't 2face the popular guy that keeps impreginating every Linda and Bella? That apart. This argument is flawed based on the definition of greatness. Your definition of what it means to be great might be different from mine.
But talking of financial success in the music world, popularity, award and respect, 2face is way behind compared to JB. Read their profiles on wikipedia.
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by MrDirk: 11:26pm On Sep 29, 2013
adeaugustus:
Am not joking, isn't 2face the popular guy that keeps impreginating every Linda and Bella? That apart. This argument is flawed based on the definition of greatness. Your definition of what it means to be great might be different from mine.
But talking of financial success in the music world, popularity, award and respect, 2face is way behind compared to JB. Read their profiles on wikipedia.
Waidi how old are u?
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by steric58(m): 11:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
Guy make i talk tru u done take too much skunk today...imagin u aint even proud of ur country celebrites# one anti Nigeria detected make we trow dis guy to d den of lion yeye boi justin bieber know u id iota u sit down for 1 corner dey talk trash. Na pipu lik u go get money go dey buid industry for overseas nd u go dey talk sey naija no develop wen i..diot lyk u dey hype witty if u wan go yankee u beta start trekkin now
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by misterh(m): 11:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
God save u say dem don comot am for FP. The insults have been limited to 3 pages. You 4 hear am if to say e reach FP till tomoro grin
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
3 things are certain

1. Op is probably a teenager.
2. His post reeks of uncanny generalisation at it's peak.
3. Ignorance of what the word greatness really mean

Justin is a successful artists but him been greater in

- Talent (Africa has so many artists with outstanding talent my)
- Album sales (the no of copies of pirated Nigerian artists Cd's in alaba alone beats justins record)
- Reach and appeal (Justin appeals to mostly teenagers like you)
- Net worth ( the dude is just worth $130m)
- Amount of impact left in society. (Has his song influence policies and challenge any govt)
- Quality of music (Let's not go here)
- No of fans ( The population of Africa alone against his fan base do the maths)

Than all African artists combined is so baseless and unfounded.

Comparing a teen idol to seasoned professionals who one on one can even surpass him if not in album sales/Net worth but in terms of Talent, Amount of impact left in the society and Quality of music reeks of ignorance in gargantuan proportion.

#Matthew Briggs
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
why was my post hidden? undecided smh for some over sensitive mod self
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Bimpss(f): 11:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
Justin beiber has contributed nothing to the world other than torturing people with his redundant little children rhyme. He is a plague, and the reason why thousands of pre-teen girls will grow up being a mess. He is untalented, and unworthy of the 30 mins fame he is getting. I will forever despise the day usher discovered this little twåt.. To even compare this untalented fool to the G.O.A.T fela anikulapo kuti is insultive, talkless of actually saying he is greater than him. The op must have a very dysfunctional brain.

And that my friend is The Fact. cool
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by pharmow: 11:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhM2VlMP4Ic[/flash]

Sorry my people for this insult, let's use this baba video "observation no be crime" cool body
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by iamboody(m): 11:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
I tort its only enlightened people that are allowed to make front page. But this post is un call for, its not necessary, its boring, baseless, un educating and complex.
I don't even think I understood what the OP is trying to say, I will advice him to recap his story, be simple, plain and not mix things.
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Peterwizzy: 11:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
adeaugustus:
E-goat why do you want to know? Seems 2face beat and rubbish lyrics isn't allowing you to use your head.
E goat means electronic goat lol abeg no one better pass ,2face dey do afro pop mostly, dustin sorry justin dey do r&b mostly u can't. compare na
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Krisddon: 11:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
I wonder why i wouldn't see the articules i have taken so much time to type and post on Nairaland's general only to keep seeing such objective and non-logical posts as this here. I just posted an articule on Nairaland's polictics section. Please is there any other way of posting a thread here and to see it on the general forum other than selecting the section, clicking on creat new, then type the topic, the main body and then post? Or are the moderators being selective? Even the last one i posted on education section, i didn't see it on the general forum here. Can some please dictate where the problem could be from? Moderators please help!
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by iamboody(m): 11:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
Forget Africans going by your logic, then Justin is bigger than most world great artists as well, cos I don't know how many of them who can compete with him on social networks in terms of likes on Facebook or followers on twitter and instagram.
Do you even know who Fela is? This man fought against deadly military men, corrupt politicians, Police and the rest without fear, he fought for corruption like Mandela fought for Apartheid in South Africa. You sit there and compare him to baby bieber....you're not learned. How do you measure legendry please?

1 Like

Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 30, 2013
Peterwizzy:
E goat means electronic goat lol abeg no one better pass ,2face dey do afro pop mostly, dustin sorry justin dey do r&b mostly u can't. compare na
I know what E-goat means. You can't compare 2face and Justin Bieber, never! 50years from now 2face would never make half of the money that small boy has. 50 years from now, he can never be as popular as he is, if he continue singing is gbegudu, gbegudu song. I respect both of then in their niche, but saying 2face better pass Justin, is annoying.
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by shobroy(m): 12:22am On Sep 30, 2013
Tekzyflex: Who is Justina Biebari? Mtcheww!
na one shoe cobbler for mine town ooooo
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by daryoor(m): 12:25am On Sep 30, 2013
if bieber is greater than those mentioned. It also means eminem, backstreet boys, miley cyrus are also greater than them.

Its funny u mistake popularity to greatness. These popstars are not taken seriously by any one except kids and teens that are yet to listen to content, rather the only get their excitment from catchy choruses and dancable beats.

If bieber is great, then keepin up with the kardarshians is also a great show, harry porter and 50 shades of grey are great books.
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by daryoor(m): 12:34am On Sep 30, 2013
Matthew briggs: 3 things are certain

1. Op is a kid or probably a teenager.
2. Op's post reeks of inferior complex, and uncanny generalisation at it's peak.
3. Ignorance of what the word greatness really mean

Justin is a successful artists but him been greater in

- Talent (Africa has so many artists with outstanding talent my)
- Album sales (the no of copies of pirated Nigerian artists Cd's in alaba alone beats justins record)
- Reach and appeal (Justin appeals to mostly teenagers like you)
- Net worth ( it like saying bill Gates is richer than all African billionaire combined)
- Amount of impact left in society. (Has his song influence policies and challenge any govt)
- Quality of music (Let's not go here)
- No of fans ( The population of Africa alone against his fan base do the maths)

Than all African artists combined is so baseless and unfounded.

Comparing a teen idol to seasoned professionals who one on one can even surpass him if not in album sales/Net worth but in terms of Talent, Amount of impact left in the society and Quality of music reeks of ignorance in gargantuan proportion.

#Matthew Briggs

Point of correction, Bill gates is richer than africas billionare combined

About Quality, justin bieber has a bigger production,better modern studios to work with and world class sound engineers. except if u tokin quality in terms of content.
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by jgatherer(m): 1:39am On Sep 30, 2013
...and I thought this was supposed to be in the jokes section...
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Elijah348(m): 2:35am On Sep 30, 2013
@ Op i told you to take just one pinch....or dnt you knw W££D can perfom wonders...
@Mod.... Hmmm hmmm *d@'s all*
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Elijah348(m): 2:38am On Sep 30, 2013

Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by Elijah348(m): 2:39am On Sep 30, 2013
daryoor:

Point of correction, Bill gates is richer than africas billionare combined

i dont totaly agree.. I will need some evidence...
Re: Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians by peterphd(m): 6:43am On Sep 30, 2013
Rossikk:

You dont need evidence to show that Fela is much more loved and respected by Africans than Justin Bieber is, so in that respect Fela is greater than Bieber. Greatness starts from within. Charity begins at home, not outside. Just as Americans think Bieber is their greatest, so also is Fela OUR greatest. It is not the number of records you sell globally that determines your worth unless your god is money.. I'm sure the Spice Girls and even Vanilla Ice sold more records than Fela. But we know we can't mention these characters in the same breath as Fela Kuti.

There's been an award winning Broadway musical that's been on for the last two years titled FELA!. Hugely successful, the show has played on stage in the US, UK, Holland, Nigeria, etc...and has been seen by guests as diverse as Madonna, Will Smith, Beyonce, Wole Soyinka, Jay Z, Harry Belafonte, Spike Lee, and Michelle Obama.

That type of appreciation is worth more than all the money in the world.

I love your answer but you must consider that Justin started as a kid ,barely 16 years old.You must also remember that bieber didn't attend any professional music school but fela did.
There's been no Broadway show for titled Michael Jackson or the Beetles but can you dare say fela is greater than any of them?This is not about charity begins at home.
PS: For all those saying he's singing lullabies and teen songs, I'd say bring a Nigerian teen as talented as he is who can produce two albums without you complaining about "nyash". Bieber is a legend as far as his age is concerned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interview With Nigerian Music Star, Flavour N’abania’s / Davido Ft. Sina Rambo – Overseas (VIDEO PREMIERE) / Download Latest Mixtape From Dj Flex On Notjustok ......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.