Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

What Does The Bible Say About The Holy Communion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About The Holy Communion? (820 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About The Holy Communion? by nikkypearl(f): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
According to the book of 1corinthians 11 vs 24 -29..the bible state that' let every man examine himself 'before partaking of the bread and wine!basically,some churches dont take the communion anyhow,because they believe you must be truely santified and pure before partaking,but some churches like winners chapel take it for healing and no one is an exeptional.
The question now is,have you ever taken part in the holy comminion?what is your perspective about it?for me,i do take it for healing,and it work for me,share yours.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Holy Communion? by italo: 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
The question I think you should be asking yourself is "what is Holy Communion?" What it is to you will determine how you'll take it.

It seems like, to you, Holy Communion is just one of those herbal mixtures that the makers claim can heal any ailment...hence, you take it for healing.

Is that really what Holy Communion is?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Holy Communion? by nikkypearl(f): 6:30pm On Sep 29, 2013
That is why i really want to know more.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About The Holy Communion? by italo: 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
My dear sister. I will give you what the Catholic Church teaches about Holy Communion and who can receive it and how. I guess you are a Pentecostal so I hope you can exercise patience and open-mindedness.

www.catholic.com/tracts/who-can-receive-communion

Please let me know if you have any disagreement with the text. We can take it from there.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe On Ancestral Spirit? / A Challenge To All Christains. / How Often Do You Speak In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.