Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa (30339 Views)

Nigerian Man Wins A Bet By Sleeping With His Girlfriend In The Open In A Club / Ex Oyo Governor's Daughter Got A Response From A Yoruba Boy / My Reaction When I Had A Response "Server Error" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 9:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
Dear Nairaland Members,

A Nairaland member recently demanded that we should implement a feature that allows Nairaland members to deactivate their Nairaland accounts. I'm pleased to inform you that after noticing the number of people who are interested in the feature, we have decided to implement it.

This is not an easy feature to implement, however. Yes, creating a button is as easy as you think, but implementing it in a way that is robust and effective and that will not lead to community disintegration is not easy. Fortunately, unlike before, I have hired a programmer who can definitely get it done. I don't know how long it will take, but he should be able to start working on it first thing on Monday morning. We will implement in the same way that world class forums like Reddit have done it. We are 100% committed to making this happen. You've won!

We also hereby apologize for the rudeness of some of our moderators to the people who asked for this feature earlier. Please understand that Nairaland moderators are not staff. They are ordinary Nairaland members such as you who have volunteered to help in their spare time. They are independent agents just like you. The opinions they express on the forum are theirs and theirs alone. They do not represent me or speak for me unless I directly ask them to do so, and I didn't ask anyone to speak for me on this issue. I prefer to speak for myself most of the time.

However, I apologize for the inflammatory statements that some of them have made and I promise to expose them to some sensitivity training.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Afam4eva(m): 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
Great step!!!

But just to add. I think it's imperative that those who are deactivate their accounts are warned that once it's done there's no going back.

8 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by gbokukueba(m): 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
I see you are bowing to ' pressure'...
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by gbokukueba(m): 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
I see you are bowing to 'pressure'...

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Sicozone(m): 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
....good development,but can anyone explain why the thread has been deleted?

2 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by ZN2: 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
Those two options will be useful tools for trolls. Little wonder they're all over the place.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
We also hereby apologize for the rudeness of some of our moderators to the people who asked for these features earlier. Please understand that Nairaland moderators are not staff. They are ordinary Nairaland members such as you who have volunteered to help in their spare time. They are independent agents just like you. The opinions they express on the forum are theirs and theirs alone. They do not represent me or speak for me unless I directly ask them to do so, and I didn't ask anyone to speak for me on this issue. I prefer to speak for myself most of the time.
Just in case you missed this grin grin wink

There you have it people! You won cool

So Seun visits Reddit and NL is in a mess like this?? Nigerians need to start emulating good things.

4 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jeezyy(m): 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
The voice of the people is truely the voice God

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by ritababe(f): 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
I hope everybody is happy now,
especially dave

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Spambot: 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
Isoraaiiit!
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Sicozone(m): 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by deols(f): 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
I did not like the idea.

I hope that their posts/threads won't be missing after the deletion.

2 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by wman(m): 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
Please control/reprogram the antispambot also. It bans members unreasonably & makes Nairaland miserable for many.

2 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Cathaliya: 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
ebelebe....grin
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Idowuogbo(f): 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
Yayyyyy!!!

*drops machete*

Eyins boys, pammy dey ya o!

Ko si were! WE WON!!!!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
--
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Wolef7(m): 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
Nice one.
The users have a say..........
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2013

NIIICCEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Now I can troll to my heart's content.

4 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Idowuogbo(f): 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
--

3 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
Thanks BOSS!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Caracta(f): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
Lol @ "expose them to some sensitivity training".

Nice one Seun. Addressing this issue is a good idea.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by greedie1(f): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
mr seun.....you should have a long chat with your mods and i heard its kinda permanent? you should review that too. your mods need appropriate grooming on how to handle modship.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
Good one.

U know if u give us one mile, we will go twenty miles..

What of button to merge accounts and their statistics provided u can authenticate both grin

Dislike button nko?
A script to check topics as its been typed nko? So there wont be duplicate topics... instead, it will tell the op that a topic already exists or to create a fresh one... if they click on fresh one, moderator gets notified to check similarities
During post or member ban, please make we dey receive email with reasons o..

Lastly, we want Christianity section under religion.

More power

6 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by shachris01: 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
Seun, You are forgetting one. SEXKILLZ must go. Click like if you agree.

https://www.nairaland.com/1458977/sexkillz-must-go

#teamsexkillzmustgo

122 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by lifestyle1(m): 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
I salute your courage Sir, Will be happy if you can restore the voting system. cool

And to add, i will suggest that mobile number should be required when registering new account as this will discourage spammers.

7 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by psky: 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
--
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Afam4eva(m): 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
deols: I did not like the idea.

I hope that their posts/threads won't be missing after the deletion.
No, it won't. Their usernames will just be changed to something like "Guest".
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Urine: 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
--
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by krugar07(m): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
This post has been hidden
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by 735i(m): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
Thank you Seun

We didn't have to go this far to get your attention. You should have done this a long time ago
As for the issue with the MODs especially the same one everyone has been complaining about; You should do something about him "it" too

Idowuogbo: Yayyyyy!!!

*drops machete*

Eyins boys, pammy dey ya o!

Ko si were! WE WON!!!!!! grin

Abeg pour some pammy for my bucket..na bucket i go use drink tonite!!

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by texazzpete(m): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
gbokukueba: I see you are bowing to ' pressure'...

Typical crude Nigerian.
He's merely responding to user feedback cheesy

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? / Take This Personality Test / Communication Mast Falls In Jalingo, Kills 7 People After Heavy Storm (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.