Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa - Nairaland / General (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa (30402 Views)

Nigerian Man Wins A Bet By Sleeping With His Girlfriend In The Open In A Club / Ex Oyo Governor's Daughter Got A Response From A Yoruba Boy / My Reaction When I Had A Response "Server Error" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by yemi2plus(m): 6:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
2ndOGA:
All I'm saying is, delete should be delete, all the posts and threads should be gone as well, but well, we can't force him, it's his site.
His site, our posts/threads
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by OmolodMilkman93(m): 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
continue

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
yemi2plus:

grin grin
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
ooseven:

I am glad you got that off your chest. Hope you feel better now. wink

Ogbeni abeg shift make i see front

2 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Idowuogbo(f): 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
yemi2plus:
Hanhan? Eyin omo naija! Deactivate ya account and waka na? He force u to post ni? Abi arthritis dey worry ur fingers ni? Modify and Gerrout mehn! Msteeew! Bounce! Zoooooooooola! Oshisko! angry

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
ooseven:

I am glad you got that off your chest. Hope you feel better now. wink

Ogbeni, abeg shift make i see front
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Davo93(m): 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
Finally, I implore all Nairalanders to kindly read this appreciation letter and thank everyone...

https://www.nairaland.com/1460217/open-appreciation-letter-mr-seun

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by collynzo2(m): 7:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
Seun: The implementation is not yet complete. We will continue working on it tomorrow.
The biggest self deceit is to think you can satisfy everyone, just do what you think is right, take the reasonable suggestions and forget the rest. People will ALWAYS complain, certainly!
Read every single word of this article and you will understand better. Thank me later for this link below
www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2013/04/02/something-to-consider-before-you-complain-about-facebooks-news-feed-updates/
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
ooseven:

Having a bad day? sad

You this Gay Nigga abeg leave me alone, + I cover my bumbum with the blood of Jesus

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by tunapa2009(m): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
papindinho: @Sleek Hoyeen how u dey o? And hope all is well sha as we no see u for OAU thread #no derailing aimed.
Please send me the link of that thread...
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
Seun is shooting himself in the foot with this step he is taking. He just doesn't know it yet.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
I'd like to know if you deactivate your account. Can the same username be used again or is it gone forever too?
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by collynzo2(m): 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
This perfectly covers everything that has happened in Nairaland for the past 2 days, Seun and others read and learn.
““If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses” – Henry Ford
It’s that wonderful time of year again when Facebook makes a big change and everyone complains about it for a few weeks before getting over it. Before you update your status to offer your two cents on how much the new News Feed sucks, here’s something to think about… When Facebook’s engineering team first released News Feed in September of 2006, they were excited to announce the new feature that would revolutionize the way you kept up to date with your friends and family. It made so much sense …
Why should you have to go through the effort of browsing profile to profile, when all you really wanted to see were your friends’ newest updates?
To their surprise, the new groundbreaking feature would be met with mass upheaval from Facebook’s user base, who felt betrayed as their privacy was forcefully invaded. At the time, Facebook had 9.4 million users. As the team watched the reactions come in promptly after releasing News Feed, the mood quickly changed from excitement to panic.
The very first reaction read, “Turn this shit off!” and only one in 100 messages about News Feed was positive. It was Facebook’s biggest crisis to date and would turn out to become one of the most defining moments in the social network’s history. Now, here’s where the story gets interesting… Ben Parr, a junior at Northwestern University in Illinois, responded to Facebook’s newest change by creating an anti-News Feed group. He named
the group, “Students Against Facebook News Feed ” to be clear of its purpose. “Very few of us want everyone automatically knowing what we update . . . news feed is just too creepy, too stalker- esque, and a feature that has to go.” he wrote. In less than 24 hours, it had reached almost 300,000 members. Three days later, it had 700,000 angry members (it now boasts a whopping 642 members by the way … people don’t like to be wrong publicly, I guess). 500 other similar groups quickly popped up as roughly ten percent of Facebook’s user base actively protested the News Feed … this
was a big deal and a clear resistance to the change. Here’s a TechCrunch article from September 9th, 2006 about users revolting against the initial News Feed release. Ironically, this incident proved the effectiveness of
the News Feed as a viral channel. These anti-News Feed groups were growing like a weed, thanks to their unprecedented exposure which was attributed to the very feature they were protesting!
It was because of this that Zuck knew people did in fact like the News Feed, regardless of what they were saying. The data showed that with the News Feed, people were spending more time on Facebook and were engaging in much more activity on the site. In August, the site’s page views were around 12 billion and by October (after News Feed was introduced), they were up to 22 billion – almost doubling in two months! Fast forward to today and think back … were you one of the hundreds of thousands of active News Feed protesters Now, think about where you spend almost all your time on Facebook today — could
you imagine it without the News Feed? It’s pretty incredible how drastically things change once adoption takes place, huh? To exemplify just how drastically things change and what I find most interesting about this whole story is how everyone initially said News Feed made them feel ‘stalkerish’ … Ironically, now it’s considered more ‘stalkerish’ to venture beyond the News Feed and peruse peoples’ Timelines.
As someone who has spent more time staring at pixels than they would have ever hoped to, I love the new News Feed design from a UI and UX perspective. What can you learn from this? Pay attention to what the data is telling you, more so than what the users are. User feedback is crucial to your success. However,
the best form of user feedback comes from what they show you through their actions, rather than what they tell you through their words. The easiest way to get someone to lie to you is by asking them how much they use Facebook. No one wants to admit that they use it every day, several times a day. I’ve had friends tell me they haven’t used it in a
while, only to see it open in their browser or catch them checking for new Facebook notifications on their phone first thing in the morning. The scary part is that sometimes I think people don’t even realize they are doing it … it’s become a subconscious behavior! Just remember, numbers don’t lie, so trust them (assuming you’re not fudging them, of course). Humans are reluctant to change Habits are extremely difficult to break. I’m not sure why we evolved to resist change when it seems to have been so essential to the survival of our species. Whatever the reason, it makes you realize how truly difficult it is to be a visionary leader and stand your ground when the world is telling you that you’re wrong. But, hey … that’s why those bold enough to execute on their vision and see it through, no matter what, have been the most handsomely rewarded throughout history.
www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2013/04/02/something-to-consider-before-you-complain-about-facebooks-news-feed-updates/
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
collynzo2: This perfectly covers everything that has happened in Nairaland for the past 2 days, Seun and others read and learn.

It would have been better if all that came from your head and not a copy paste Job, if you dont like the Deactivation thing Chop chicken and Die, nobody is forcing you to deactivate your account, It all sums up to ones personal decision and not a bone in the neck that must be swallowed, so this your Ranting is meaningless, if you dont want it then dont use it, others who wants to will kindly do that without you Noticing.

**Oya abeg shift make i watch this Chinese film**
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by psky: 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
collynzo2: This perfectly covers everything that has happened in Nairaland for the past 2 days, Seun and others read and learn.

One question please, doesn't Facebook have a delete button? undecided
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by collynzo2(m): 7:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
psky:

One question please, doesn't Facebook have a delete button? undecided
People are asking for more...I am just pointing that he can't satisfy everyone. It goes beyond the delete button alone, I have nothing against that
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
collynzo2: People are asking for more...I am just pointing that he can't satisfy everyone. It goes beyond the delete button alone, I have nothing against that

Leave that Decision for Seun to take, No be ya papa get NL

3 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
ighoosagie: I wanna lend u some money. (my word ;my money)

Mr seun , also use this usual opportunity to get a feature of rearranging comments in order usefulness , it seems people who toll all day here on NL re mostly folks with irrelevant comments.

Whenever I "ighoosagie" scroll tru NL front pages , it's so disheartened to see :

1.This post has been hidden
2. End time .
3. Okada drop me here.
4.... (punctuations)
5. Space booked,
6 first 2 comment,
7, ASUU kwennu ,
Nd so on.

No need of hiding posts no more, just push them 2 the last page, as people get interested more on the front page. As they said (first impressions matter more). This would make every NL forumite strive as much as they could to write someone tangible more enough to make it to the top.

Define the jobs of your moderators for them, 1.Teach them 2 be firm but fair,
2. Teach them to oblige solely on NL ethics and stir them away from emotions when at work,
3. Teach them to be slow to speak,
4. Teach how to be friendly even when they re not friends,
5. Teach them to login as fellow members and not dictators,
6. Teach them to listen to all men, but adhere to only they feels it okay for them.
7.Teach them the rationality of human nature,
8. Teach them public relations,
9. Teach them to meekness,
10. Teach them all you can

Common sense is for common folks

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Repentance(m): 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
Thanks mr.seun. it shows that u have a listening ears and also it tells hw much we can achieve wen we cm together nd voice our desire be it unemployment or anything else!thanks once again
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by 735i(m): 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
***strolls into thread with popcorn***** shocked shocked shocked shocked Is this for real?
Make i go baff..i dey come.....i need to check this out myself...e fit be wash....
BTW, DAVO...please confirm that what i'm seeing is actually what we want.....
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Davo93(m): 9:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Repentance: Thanks mr.seun. it shows that u have a listening ears and also it tells hw much we can achieve wen we cm together nd voice our desire be it unemployment or anything else!thanks once again
United we stand;Divided we fall
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by LoveKing(m): 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
start paying your mods
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Olugbenger(m): 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
Viewing this topic: Godwin10( m), Lilnikee
(m), Ollyfad (f )

ollyfad?...see ya!
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by An0nimus: 11:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
This user's account has been deactivated.

you wish cool
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 2:27am On Oct 01, 2013
Bon voyage Subomi-luv kiss kiss. It has been fun while it lasted on Nairaland smiley
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 2:37am On Oct 01, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Bon voyage Subomi-luv kiss kiss. It has been fun while it lasted on Nairaland smiley

i love this

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 01, 2013
Cathaliya: ebelebe....grin
tua tua ,agape
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Cathaliya: 8:13am On Oct 01, 2013
me I want 'delete' button o...so when am tied of Nl, I can delete my existence from it.

Seun

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

Fisherman Catches Crab With Osama Bin Laden's Face / 18-Seater Bus Involved In Accident On Bida-Minna Road, People Dead (Graphic Pics / NATIONAL HERO: Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe Full Biography,life History And Heroic Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.