Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? (8505 Views)

Any Hope For A Database Administrator In Nigeria / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by BK(m): 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2006
i seeeeeeee shocked shocked shocked

you made a very good point there, "MAKIN" thats some thing one have to think of becos of this Nigeria factor,
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by yobo(m): 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2006
Being a third class graduate doesnt mean there is no hope,in fact it signifies a lot of hope if you are prepard to take the challenge.It is only a defeat no a failure.I am myself a third class graduate and the future is very promising.I suggest you get yourself enrolled in one of these it training institutions to develop it skills.They pay good money for professionals.Take the challenge.
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by yeencar(m): 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2006
yes o, that is the good news. i must tell you 'he who is down need not fear to fall. stop making up excuses accept the fact that you had a third class and stop making rubbish excuses. are you trying to say that all that made 2.2 or 2.1 had money or slept with someone? go back to school obtain yiour masters and get professional you will be shocked those that will come looking for you.
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Neoteny(m): 3:54pm On Sep 16, 2006
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Hugoboi(m): 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2006
Thanx y'all for the encouragement.Y'all inspire me!!!
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by duttybarb(f): 12:46am On Sep 21, 2006
sammy 4 real u Bleep up, MAJOR. FYI(NO ONE HLPED GT A 2.I), I WORKED HARD. Bt God hlps a faithful heart. u go make am. get othr qualifications. take care. hugoboi 4 real? god blss u troops
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by saddik(m): 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2006
3rd class is what 75% of nigerian graduates come out wit, u must realize education in nigeria has a low standard, some ple settle thier way out of university wit a good degree, and when it comes to interview it what u say that matters most not ur class. developing other skills too is great, i had a 3rd class not becos i wasnt bright but cos my skool lost a total of 15credit load of my exam papers cry, they didnt give me a resit, instead they gave me a carry-over, i petitioned the HOD and all i got again was another purposely inflicted carryover embarassed, just because i had d guts to petition them, but its all good, cos God saves and im working in an IT firm and doin great, Bleep my Bsc. grin
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Hugoboi(m): 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2006
when it comes to interview it what u say that matters most not your class
hey man!! i beg to diagree wit u

but its all good, because God saves and im working in an IT firm and doin great, Bleep my Bsc
Good for you!!!
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by deb(m): 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2006
You need to work on your mind set.

The university is not meant for producing only employees.
If everybody wants to graduate to get a job who will create the job?

3rd class is no excuse. All you have to do is to get skilluful and find what valuable thing(s) you can add to the society.
my brother money will roll in.

Add more value to your self. Certificate is only a paper.

If you can become more resourcesful, you will be surprised at how much you can make for yourself per year.
You will even employ the 1st class  to help you fulfill your dream.

When you work for people you fulfill their dreams for them. Start  fulfilling your own dream. And if you dont have one
think deeply and generate your own dream idea. that is where you start. wink
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by jimmiebone(m): 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2006
seun i love those your lines, i hope all will reflect on what seun said. To sky i hope you will find the strength to carry on and pls discover what you enjoy doing best, develop on it and you will be surprise that you are a potential MD. God bless smiley wink cheesy
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2006
deb: You need to work on your mind set.

The university is not meant for producing only employees.
If everybody wants to graduate to get a job who will create the job?
Please tell them. See also: Searching For A Job? Look Inwards!

@jimmiebone: thanks!
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by eolutosin(m): 9:33am On Nov 08, 2006
Whether you would get a job or not depends on YOU. I have seen people that finished with third class that have been able to secure employment. It is all about your mindset. If you think you not get a job, I am happy to tell you that you would definitely not get any job.

Let me also warn you against the thought that you can only get job(s) if you know people. That will only take you away from getting a job. As long as you have that at the back of your mind, you would not do the things that would give you the job you want. So, like DEB said, work on your mind.
"As a man thinks in his heart, so is he"
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Ndipe(m): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2006
Blaming your classmates for your misery wont alleviate any of your problems. You have to be positive and have faith in God. He will direct your paths and lead you to your hearts desire.

Goodluck.
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by MikelX(m): 10:38am On Nov 13, 2006
Abeg make una no vex o. Person wen get Certificate of Attendance nko? I for like get work for Shell abi Chevron. I no want mobil o. Dem no de pay well.

Keep it ReaL
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 11:40am On Nov 24, 2006
You can get a second degree, and then, some professional qualifications, if you intend to work as an employee,

But then again, that isnt too necessary if you want to be ur own boss?
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by cedarfresh(m): 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2006
Hi sky,my heart goes out to you.Don't think that you're in the boat alone.I made the same grade too.Like the others have advised,love-vendor urself up a bit.I'm presently studying French and i'll be sitting for my diploma in french language this december.With that i have an egde since it is coming from a renowned centre"The alliance Francaise" in Enugu.Stay positive brother.We'll make it,believe me.
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by dominobaby(f): 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2006
A lot of peeps have spoken well. Its not the end of the world, where There's a will, There's a way. As long as you are willing, that's all that's needed. I was at a seminar tagged - the graduate and the skilled. One thing i got from the whole presentation was R and D- relevance and difference. You've got to bed value to yourself, irrespective of whatever grades you've got, so as to be different from all other graduates out there.
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by dominobaby(f): 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2006
A lot of peeps have spoken well. Its not the end of the world, where There's a will, There's a way. As long as you are willing, that's all that's needed. I was at a seminar tagged - the graduate and the skilled. One thing i got from the whole presentation was R and D- relevance and difference. You've got to bed value to yourself, irrespective of whatever grades you've got, so as to be different from all other graduates out there.
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by nyabinghi(m): 7:21pm On Jun 06, 2007
hi,

I love this write up. I had a third class from the Obafemi awolowo university computer engr. dept . i was damn too playful and never fathomed i could end up with such a grade though it has been tough but god will always make a pathway for our problemd to be routed. I am yet to reach the heights but i do get opportunities from time to time. Its good to come out with a good grade but the situation can't be helped. Some people do make a mockery of 3rd class holders tell me your grade and let me challenge you in critical reasoning or whatever.
I am not claiming and i don't wanna be mis-interpreted.
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2007
sadly Naija places undue emphasis on grades,but it's the same everywhere.
But we overdo ours.
There are many that have book knowledge and lack skills,in America such will be found out but in naija where people got degrees in computer science without seeing a computer,they are celebrated.

Only in naija can a girl with a degree in Igbo Igbo BK get a job in a bank while accounting and finance majors are driving okada
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Raf1(f): 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2007
You guys are talking of 3rd Class, me I had a Pass ! ( What? angry, is it my fault that I don't like maths?)
And I've been working for 4 years now, and I've changed jobs like 3 times.
So my brother, chill, your own will come, but do try and do some professional course, or get a second degree, it'll definitely improve your chances
P.S. join some professional organisation - ICAN, NIM, NIPR, etc
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:32am On Jun 15, 2007
You guys are talking of 3rd Class, me I had a Pass ! ( What? , is it my fault that I don't like maths?)
And I've been working for 4 years now, and I've changed jobs like 3 times.
So my brother, chill, your own will come, but do try and do some professional course, or get a second degree, it'll definitely improve your chances
P.S. join some professional organisation - ICAN, NIM, NIPR, etc

chei,my brother,you need a divine intervention!
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by debosky(m): 4:44am On Jun 15, 2007
mamaosisi she is a sister wink
at least she get job and dey change job, her situation is not too bad, thank God she didn't allow the depression of a pass to ruin her life

others should take note and not give up, develop yourself and don't let people put you down, you will face difficulty, but you can surmount it
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by gentlemong: 3:05am On Feb 14, 2009
Imade 3 class too. Truly, it helped me to discover potentials. Today, I run chains of business in Lagos. My friend, there are lots to do. Just take time and findm
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Skywalker5(m): 9:32am On Feb 14, 2009
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to my post. I am currently in the uk now doing my masters in computer Networking.i took your advice of doing professional courses and when i applied to the school.i was accepted due to my Certifications in  CCNA and diploma from NIIT
I did not give up and i did not do PGD.i was given a chance for masters straight.
I thank GOD for blessing me on this and this shows there is hope for anybody who does not give up

Thanks all and God Bless
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by ernal(m): 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2009
sky walker i would love if u can drop ur email,i have something to share.thanks.
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Skywalker5(m): 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2009
whats yours?dont know how i m going to send it privately to u here
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by ernal(m): 7:33pm On Feb 21, 2009
send me an email to greenwhitegreen at ymail dot cum,i will reply u using my private email when i get ur message,cheers!
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Skywalker5(m): 7:36pm On Feb 21, 2009
i got a mailer daemon
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by chilebabe(f): 12:09am On Feb 28, 2009
i just step into your shoes and am so confused, i feel maybe a mistake was made in my grades.
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by iblack: 11:28pm On May 28, 2009
sky wats up can u link me up ? wats the name of the school ur in for ur msc am in d same shoes and i also wanna go back to scl thanks!
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by ellagold(m): 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2009
a living dog is better than any dead lion ,there is suerly hope for anyone with that grade.life have thought me that all things are possible for those who blv.tony subair owner of hitv ,graduated with a third class and today he is doing well,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driving School In Ibadan / Importance Of Industrial Chemistry To Nigeria And The Entire World / Which Business Can I Start With 150k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.