Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? (8507 Views)

Any Hope For A Database Administrator In Nigeria / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Skywalker5(m): 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2009
iblack:

sky wats up can u link me up ? wats the name of the school ur in for ur msc am in d same shoes and i also wanna go back to scl thanks!

what ur email addy? let me know ur course,i can help u make the research here.let me av ur email so i can send u reply
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by iblack: 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2009
Sky-walker:

what ur email addy? let me know ur course,i can help u make the research here.let me av ur email so i can send u reply
sky wats up thanks for the reply heres the email addy (sixtyonekobo@yahoo.com)ill be expecting an acknoledgement asap thanks
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by iblack: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2009
iblack:

sky wats up thanks for the reply heres the email addy (sixtyonekobo@yahoo.com)ill be expecting an acknoledgement asap thanks
wats up sky just reminding incase uve fogotten heres the emaill again sixtyonekobo@yahoo.com
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by flaminhart(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2010
Yes there is and will always be hope for any graduate with even a pass. There are two ways to unlock your potentials.One quick way will be to get a relevant certification, this will help you get any job you want as long as the certification is relevant to your chosen field. Alternatively you can devote your time to learning a trade but either way you will make it. I believe in entrepreneurship but no matter how passionate you are about what you want to sell whether service or tangible goods, you need a bit of industry experience.

follow us on Facebook by clicking

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DexNova-Project-Management-School/293131876710

And on Twitter by clicking

http://twitter.com/dexnovapmschool
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by vinshyne: 8:41am On Jun 27, 2010
Dear NLdners
I need your candid advice here, i am a B.sc holder in Geology, 3rd class grade with 3 yrs post NYSC experience.I currently have a 2.5 yrs working experience in the construction/gas plant building Sector where I've worked as an administrator/logistics personnel contracted to chevron,my contract ends September this year. My challenges are; knowing that It might be difficult getting another job going by my class of degree, am thus opting for a fresh B.sc in UK or a pre-masters course before my masters or better any professional IT course.
My doubts are;
What best IT course can i do to build a further career in Geology or Administration (SAP,PMP or )
Consequent upon employment with your IT certifications will a 3rd class grade be a barrier??
Thanks
Anticipating your quick advices
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Superbrain(m): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2010
You have a degree in geology, three years working experience in construction in the oil and gas industry? Guy, go for a pre masters or pgd. You can also do the PMP or CAPM certifications along side. Project Management is essential in most organizations and your certification can give you a big boost. I also advice you take Safety courses at NISP as this is an advantage in the oil and gas sector. You did not state what you intend to study at the postgraduate level. Anyway, all the best.
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by oloritinu: 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2010
yes, just try to develop yourself in other areas such as IT
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by youngestpr(m): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2010
@bolaoni
Our stories are simillar, just that i am still at a lower stage, yet to go for NYSC and even thinking of deleting it.
I have decided to go into multimedia and also learn machining from a local industry. if i am able to acquire enough money from my multimedia stuff. i will use it to get a standard lathe machine for a start and move on from there.
Thats plan A.
Plan B is to go for my pgd and masters then look for lecturing jobs in some unpopular well paying institutions to gather funds.

@sky. what i av been able to discover is that when you av a degree of such like 3rd class, it will make u think wide if you want to and you will move at the speed of light in developing yourself in other areas.
I overcame the kind of fear you had, long time ago.
see u at the top
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by youngestpr(m): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2010
@bolaoni
Our stories are simillar, just that i am still at a lower stage, yet to go for NYSC and even thinking of deleting it.
I have decided to go into multimedia and also learn machining from a local industry. if i am able to acquire enough money from my multimedia stuff. i will use it to get a standard lathe machine for a start and move on from there.
Thats plan A.
Plan B is to go for my pgd and masters then look for lecturing jobs in some unpopular well paying institutions to gather funds.

@sky. what i av been able to discover is that when you av a degree of such like 3rd class, it will make u think wide if you want to and you will move at the speed of light in developing yourself in other areas.
I overcame the kind of fear you had, long time ago.
see u at the top
finished in mech engr.
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by flaminhart(m): 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2010
There is always hope for anyone who dares to hope, Obama did and today he is the president ofr the most powerful country in this world.dare to dream, dare to believe dare to achieve!!!

follow us on Facebook by clicking

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DexNova-Project-Management-School/293131876710

And on Twitter by clicking

http://twitter.com/dexnovapmschool
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by ellagold(m): 3:48pm On Jul 07, 2010
"Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great."

— John D. Rockefeller: Was an American industrialist and philanthropist

Hi forumites,

While many people believe they are entitled to live a great life,
top achievers I've met over the years know they
must take 100% responsibility for achieving the lifestyle,
relationships, financial freedom and opportunities they
experience in their lives.

This isn't always easy.
But one way to start making progress is to begin
responding differently to the events that occur in your life.

I challenge you to be courageous,what lies within you is far greater than you can ever imagine,
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by ahmedoo(m): 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2011
9ce thread
Re: Any Hope For lower grades In Nigeria? by Tosadel(f): 10:36am On May 11, 2013
Getting a job in Nigeria is not easy at all. Nevertheless, God's grace superceed whatever grade you graduated with. Just put ur trust in God. All is well.

While searching for a job, u might consider a 100% legal online job u cld do 2 make some money for urself b4 getting a job. I'm into it myself and it's kul. For details, check out my blog
www.tosadel..com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Importance Of Industrial Chemistry To Nigeria And The Entire World / Which Business Can I Start With 150k? / Www.joinpg.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.