Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) (19102 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) / Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by esbjaygmailco(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2013
oga jona doesnt know how to give permission to carry on. this man mumu na grade 1
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by crispgg: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2013
I noticed in one of the pics that the president stood ON the coat of arms...Is this right? Even though its his seal of office, it still carries the Nigerian coat of arms. My assumption is that nobody is supposed to stand on such a symbol. I am aware that recently fans of an American football club took offence at Justin Bieber for standing on their teams seal. If its not allowed in an ordinary club, should it be done on a sovereign nations seal?

Please those who are versed in diplomatic and presidential protocol, can you educate and clarify?
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by IYANGBALI: 10:29am On Oct 02, 2013
iamdjizzy: Why one of dose guards with gun no do accidental discharge fire jonah sef
ol boy you wicked o
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 02, 2013
My respect to Gowon & Shonekan! real Elder-Statesmen. unlike some power-hungry ex-mili............i reserve my comments tongue
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by IYANGBALI: 10:33am On Oct 02, 2013
crispgg: I noticed in one of the pics that the president stood ON the coat of arms...Is this right? Even though its his seal of office, it still carries the Nigerian coat of arms. My assumption is that nobody is supposed to stand on such a symbol. I am aware that recently fans of an American football club took offence at Justin Bieber for standing on their teams seal. If its not allowed in an ordinary club, should it be done on a sovereign nations seal?

Please those who are versed in diplomatic and presidential protocol, can you educate and clarify?

you are very correct it is against protocol and the guys there were scared to tell him,however this country is a jungle and he is the king of the jungle so anything goes
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by dipznano: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2013
dionflex: FUNNY SHA. WAT IF DEM MISTAKE SHOOT JONAH MA GUY??

Yet anoda dumb fellow
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by taharqa: 10:35am On Oct 02, 2013
Okija_juju: That guy in Blue with Big Belle na soldier too abi Airforce?!

With that size of Belle ehn go fit still enter Jet fighter so?!
Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by Proydata: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2013
I beg what are we celebratin when all d sector in 9ija is cripple shame on our government,all we need nw is change of government nt change of security Jonathan must leave d govt house comin 2015
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by crispgg: 10:43am On Oct 02, 2013
IYA NGBALI: you are very correct it is against protocol and the guys there were scared to tell him,however this country is a jungle and he is the king of the jungle so anything goes

If you notice, you'll see that the way they placed his chair, he had no option but to stand on the seal. I think the blame should go to the protocol officers and the organisers. The seal should have been a foot away or so from him.
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by Btruth: 10:46am On Oct 02, 2013
God will give them good directions in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by gbishman: 10:46am On Oct 02, 2013
As a nation we should never show weakness, this is the second time GEJ is hosting this event inside ASO rock this is bad precedence. Pls revigorate hope in the Nigerian people pls. They need hope and more so need to know that the president is capable of protecting them in times of trouble. Long live the federal republic of nigeria
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by Gorrbachev: 10:51am On Oct 02, 2013
This ihejirika man is an awkward guy. See his hand shake. last time, he tried to high-five the President in front of press men.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-eSs7mG3wTjs/Uks4CwvoYPI/AAAAAAAAK4w/mQyuYjaSi2A/s1600/pp7.JPG[/img]
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by Tonylyte(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2013
I sure say, no presido 4 any africn cntry wey no get juju...else gej 4 don fear in d midst of dose arms.
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by successking: 11:00am On Oct 02, 2013
It's good to always see a day of freedom. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by roxell120(m): 11:10am On Oct 02, 2013
Larryfly: change of president is what we want. Guard no concern us
sorry ull be disappointed cos their wont be better options to choose from.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by rhames(m): 11:20am On Oct 02, 2013
Record breaking no parade year.
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by deebsman1(m): 11:21am On Oct 02, 2013
Shame on them. It now shows that aso villa is d only safe place in the whole of this Nigeria. SMH

1 Like

Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:32am On Oct 02, 2013
infoscope: It was really colourful, but was there no parade at the eagle square?
Eagle square ko, Chicken circle ni grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1461590/independence-day-fg-abandons-eagle
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by enigmang: 11:52am On Oct 02, 2013
gbishman: As a nation we should never show weakness, this is the second time GEJ is hosting this event inside ASO rock this is bad precedence. Pls revigorate hope in the Nigerian people pls. They need hope and more so need to know that the president is capable of protecting them in times of trouble. Long live the federal republic of nigeria

Truth is if it is held in Eagle square the same Nigerians will complain of Him wasting money...... besides i dont think it shows weakness, cos absolutely nothing will happen if it is held in eagle square..(except the fact that abuja will be on lock down) All the PDP conventions that have been holding there nothing has a happened.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by maximuz: 11:55am On Oct 02, 2013
IYA NGBALI: you are very correct it is against protocol and the guys there were scared to tell him,however this country is a jungle and he is the king of the jungle so anything goes

He is standin on top of d seal as sign to let yu knw dat d govt is ontop of its citizen(loot d pple)..govt dnt give a Bleep about its pple...see d military personnel, see deir stomaach like rickross own.... grin

He is standin on top of d seal as sign to let yu knw dat d govt is ontop of its citizen(loot d pple)..govt dnt give a Bleep about its pple...see d military personnel, see deir stomaach like rickross own....

1 Like

Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by Super1759: 11:55am On Oct 02, 2013
why is Goodluck wearing a black attire on our independence day? Who is he mourning?
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2013
enigmang:

Truth is if it is held in Eagle square the same Nigerians will complain of Him wasting money...... besides i dont think it shows weakness, cos absolutely nothing will happen if it is held in eagle square..(except the fact that abuja will be on lock down) All the PDP conventions that have been holding there nothing has a happened.
More excuses cool
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by ismhab(m): 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
The man called Jonalooter is hidden inside vila, why are you afraid of eagle square?
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by CharlesPhc: 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
See them, fear, fear people. I remember my primary school days when a bully stopped me from going to school for days. When my mom found out cos I'll leave home in the morning and spend the whole day hiding in a Mechanic garage close to school, my mom beat the hell and the fear out of me. By evening the next day, the bully's mom was in our house to see who gave her son the black eyes with a stone.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by Ngwakwe: 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
The Absentees (Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Shonekon and Obasanjo) that suppose to grace the occasion but thought otherwise.

Super1759: why is Goodluck wearing a black attire on our independence day? Who is he mourning?
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
Charles, Phc:
See them, fear, fear people. I remember my primary school days when a bully stopped me from going to school for days. When my mom found out cos I'll leave home in the morning and spend the whole day hiding in a Mechanic garage close to school, my mom beat the hell and the fear out of me. By evening the next day, the bully's mom was in our house to see who gave her son the black eyes with a stone.
Help me tell pro-GEJ aktivist oo!
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by Arosa(m): 12:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
crispgg: I noticed in one of the pics that the president stood ON the coat of arms...Is this right? Even though its his seal of office, it still carries the Nigerian coat of arms. My assumption is that nobody is supposed to stand on such a symbol. I am aware that recently fans of an American football club took offence at Justin Bieber for standing on their teams seal. If its not allowed in an ordinary club, should it be done on a sovereign nations seal?

You see say even for America, president Obama stood on the "coat of arms"

Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by liyalla(m): 12:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
Is it just ma eyes or dat OBJ before Mark? Who be OBJ naaa to come stand for cake when saving leaders dey cut cake undecided and e dey still frown face on top

1 Like

Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by millionaireman: 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
dondumexx: The Federal Government on Tuesday marked the 53rd independence anniversary celebrations with a special presidential change of guard and signpost ceremony at the fore-court of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-w8eI-rdQfz0/Uks3CshtCjI/AAAAAAAAK38/dZa4u3q-l4E/s1600/pp4.JPG[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-M2vYYAPcaGQ/Uks3bcWgg3I/AAAAAAAAK4M/ybJYXWUvVoc/s1600/pp1.JPG[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-HwWjqwjkjDw/Uks3eOZu6iI/AAAAAAAAK4U/Oc3Xip_uhpk/s1600/pp2.JPG[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-jjOMfOlg2xc/Uks3Xiet0ZI/AAAAAAAAK4E/3S7tSdip3Kg/s1600/pp3.JPG[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-MSwJ6pq1DmA/Uks4BU1256I/AAAAAAAAK4o/vHG7GNXLMiI/s1600/pp5.JPG[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-NKS_eUErxok/Uks3nAigTGI/AAAAAAAAK4c/H1PmK6AT32k/s1600/pp6.JPG[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-eSs7mG3wTjs/Uks4CwvoYPI/AAAAAAAAK4w/mQyuYjaSi2A/s1600/pp7.JPG[/img]

http://dondumex..com/2013/10/pictures-from-presidential-change-of.html

Maulers and eaters since time immemorial. By pretending to be protecting Nigeria's integrity, they are in fact protecting their bank accounts.
If what they are calling Nigerians out again is just for another non sovereign national conference, we shall chase them to their homes soon.

Since the beginning of Nigeria we have had several national conferences, but because they were not sovereign, we still yearn for national conference today.
If they are organizing another useless talk in order to distract our attention, for them to have their ways, we must ensure the deceit hits the end of the road soon.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by Akpan107(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
May God bless the President!
Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by BrightCar: 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2013

I DONT KNOW WHY EVERYTHING SOME WILL FOOLISHLY CRITICIZE, WILL U BE MORE CATHOLIC THAN THE POPE? THE COAT OF ARM
WAS CONSCIOUSLY AND PURPOSELY DESIGNED THERE, ITS NOT A DECORATION. SEE THE POSITIONING OF THE COAT OF ARM RIGHT AT MR PRESIDENT'S SEAT, DO U EXPECT HIM TO JUMP OVER BECAUSE ITS SO SACRED?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Change Of Guards Parade In Abuja (Pictures) by InvertedHammer: 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
There is just something awkward about GEJ all the time

[img]http://4.bp..com/-w8eI-rdQfz0/Uks3CshtCjI/AAAAAAAAK38/dZa4u3q-l4E/s1600/pp4.JPG[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayelsa, Taraba Relax Lockdown Few Days To Easter / Kaduna State Speaker Declares Seats Of Defectors Vacant / Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.