Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu (19071 Views)

Imo: SDP Candidate Decamps To PDP, Declares Support For Samdaddy Anyanwu / Imo People Tired Of APC, I’ll Defeat Uzodinma – PDP Candidate, Samdaddy Anyanwu / Imo West: Ex-Imo Commissioner, Meekam Dumps Ihedioha Over Onyereri's Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by mafasito: 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ahead of the 2023 Imo Governorship election, the Mbaise nation comprising Aboh, Ahiazu and Ezinihitte Mbaise LGAs have passed an implicit vote of confidence on the National Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Samuel Anyanwu (Samdaddy).

The kinsmen of former Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha, declared Senator Anyanwu as their sole candidate for the number one seat in the state.

A former Chairman of Ahiazu Mbaise Local Government Area, Chief Paul Ogbonna moved the motion for the confidence vote on behalf of Ahiazu Mbaise and was seconded by Mazi Bodwin Ohaeri, a former PDP Chairman of Ezinihitte Mbaise Local Government Area.

According to them, the resolution was to avoid Imo people of PDP extraction seeing Mbaise people as so greedy having taken the party’s governorship ticket for two consecutive times.

They added that with the confidence vote on Senator Anyanwu, the issue of where an average Mbaise person belongs to is never in doubt.

The vote of confidence was passed on Thursday at Ezihu Nguru Autonomous Community in Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of the state.

Confirming the confidence vote on Senator Anyanwu, a frontline politician, community builder and former Attorney General/Commissioner for Justice in the state, Barr Okey Aguwa (Okangaoziri) from Aboh Mbaise said that the decision followed verifiable records of achievement of the adoptee in Mbaise land when he represented Owerri Senatorial District at the Red Chambers.

Barr Aguwa maintained that in 2015 and 2019 respectively, the people of Mbaise nation supported their son and brother, Emeka Ihedioha, regretting however the mandate given to him was allowed to slip off his palm.

He told Mbaise people to rally round Senator Anyanwu having exhausted all necessary support for their son, expressing optimism that the candidature of the PDP National Secretary will guarantee easy victory for the party.

Responding, Senator Samuel Anyanwu thanked them for finding him worthy of the confidence vote, adding that 2023 remains a year the people of Imo state will be saved and recovered from insecurity, maladministration and starvation.

Anyanwu said that their unanimous decision will never be taken for granted, pointing out that the project would only be realized if those at the grassroots unite.

He said, “The people of our state have suffered so much untold hardship, starvation and penury under the APC administration. Good enough, we have a rare opportunity to escape from this orchestrated malady. The only thing we should do is to unite as a people to confront this ugly situation head long. With God on our side, we shall be victorious”

Anyanwu who described himself as a full-blooded Mbaise man, added that as a result of that, he attracted various constituency projects to Mbaise nation while at the Senate.

“To demonstrate my love for Mbaise nation, as a Senator, I attracted many constituency projects to the three Mbaise LGAs, gave our youths employment, facilitated all our children wanted within my reach. If I could do all these as a Senator, why won’t I do more to sustain the glaring image of Mbaise nation as your governor? No person is more Mbaise than me.”

He promised not to disappoint Mbaise people if elected governor, noting that the love demonstrated by them was an evidence that he would win the 2023 elections.

According to him, “I am a man that is loved across the three zones of the state. The people of Orlu and Okigwe zones have seen your son, Senator Samuel Anyanwu as one of the best to save and recover our state from its current situation. If by God’s grace, I become your governor; no one will ever in life by God’s grace hijack the mandate you would have bestowed on me in the 2023 election”

Anyanwu, the National Secretary of PDP therefore cautioned anyone scheming to whittle down the spirit of party members for selfish reasons to desist, adding that whenever leaders shy away from their responsibilities of supporting party to be viable, such persons should be seen as enemies indirectly working against the party.

While commending them for the hard decision taken ahead of the 2023 poll, Senator Anyanwu admonished them to resist all form of intimidation, harassment and molestation from any politician before, during and after the elections.

https://www.legit.ng/nigeria/1513141-imo-governorship-drama-mbaise-zone-dumps-ihedioha-endorses-samuel-anyanwu/

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by Xscape1993(m): 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2023
Any good move that will chase away the founder of agberos in Nigeria and the evil party from the corridor of power is highly appreciated and recommended.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by Resurrection212: 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2023
Please stop misleading people we mbaise never endorse anyone I'm calling all the mbaise daughter home and abroad to disregard this news.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by orohbiro(f): 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2023
If ihedioha is not pick hope should be coasting to victory

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by sukkot: 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
shocked
Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by Risingblue008(m): 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
We over hype these politicians,
Na we dey vote no be Dem
Or else na rig be ur plans if u believe in them,
Na we dey vote,na we get the right
Na we dey stand till results comes out,
And these men go dey one side dey use our head,
Really,
The white men go say "we deserve wetin we dey receive Soo

Vote wisely
Vote Peter obi
Vote labour party

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by visijo(m): 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
That awkward moment you pull out your phone to check the time but you have to do it again because you forgot to look at the clock �

8 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
Who do you think will emerge PDP gubernatorial flag bearer come 2023?

Like for Ihedioha
Share for Sam Daddy

24 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by NwaNimo1(m): 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by Taich(m): 10:11pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ihedioha spoke against the people's choice unprovoked. If PDP are to get anything in Imo, they need to dump him. He should have looked before he leaped.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by Oghene1st: 10:12pm On Jan 06, 2023
orohbiro:

If Atiku doesn't win the Presidency, Ihedioha won't win the PDP primary.

PDP primary is who spends the most. And if the above happens, Wike will make sure Ihedioha doesn't win if Wike stooge wins the governorship seat in Rivers.

Then, no Atiku who is selfish from time to spend on Ihedioha, no money in Sokoto to be spent on Ihedioha. And no PDP governor in South East- Ikpeazu and Ugwuanyi if their stooge win or loose to spend on Ihedioha.

The primary will then be an easy ride for the anti-Atiku PDP camp.

17 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by DispatcherLagos: 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2023
Endorse person wey Hope go beat even in his ward

6 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by drizslim(m): 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ihedioha has become a nuisance of late.. He deserves whatever he's getting

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2023
God Bless my Leader Senator Samuel Anyanwu aka Sam Daddy

2 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by owobokiri(m): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2023
The way Mbaise is going after this thing is frightening . It's supposed to be a mutual governorship campaign but these brothers are preparing as if we are going for another Biafra war!

We don't know what you guys want to do with this power again. Looks like we will end up with an Ikwerre or Ngwa kind of situation in Imo politics with Mbaise in power..

2 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by Freshprincelomo: 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2023
grin
Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by Jostoman: 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2023
What of sammummy?
Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by Chukkychukky(m): 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ihedioha is bad but samdaddy is worse, if u doubt me come to my comunity samday home town u will weep for us

7 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by IGBOSON1: 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2023
owobokiri:
The way Mbaise is going after this thing is frightening

Don’t be fooled bros! Uzodinma is the one pulling the strings behind the scene! He’d prefer Ihedioha, the person he stole his mandate, is eliminated from the contest because if he is, then there’d be no one else with the visibility and structure to challenge him!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by ilovenicloe(f): 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2023
Hahahahahah

When I said it some children of generator/mikano insulted me

Ihedioha would have been the governor of imo state until him out mouth for OBI matter.

Failure is his name now

20 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
orohbiro:

If PDP pick Ihedioha, it is a direct win for Hope OR any other party aside PDP.

Ihedioha can't smell that seat again. You are not even an Imolite to begin with.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2023
Did I just read "on behalf of Ahiazu Mbaise"... Loooooooooooooooooooooooool, be like say Mr. Paul Ogbonna, whoever he is wants to end his political career KPATAKPATA, as in you went outside to say you're endorsing Samdaddy on behalf of Ahiazu Mbaise.

After his gaffe against Peter Obi, every politician knows Imo indigenes are gradually rejecting Ihedioha, so the realignment have started already... Ihedioha, in trying to cozy up to Atiku shot himself in the foot.

He better be praying Atiku wins the presidential, cos the governorship race, as annoying as it might sound, is now Hope's to lose

5 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Don’t be fooled bros! Uzodinma is the one pulling the strings behind the scene! He’d prefer Ihedioha, the person he stole his mandate, is eliminated from the contest because if he is, then there’d be no one else with the visibility and structure to challenge him!

What is this one saying?

If PDP gives the ticket to Ihedioha, they have automatically lost the election to either Hope OR any other party.

Are you from Imo state?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by sukar886: 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2023
Nice one , since he is supporting atiku
Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by porthouse7(f): 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2023
Igbo to Igbo non of my business

2 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by owobokiri(m): 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
IGBOSON1:

You have a point there. Most likely the case..
Uzodimma is a very tough nut to crack.
People willfully underate Uzodimma but the fact is that that man approaches every political contest like a General in Hitlers army..., Ruthless, cunny, determined and crafty.

11 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by okeysoninv: 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2023
ihedioha will win Governorship election in imo. he should disregard this people.

1 Like

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by obimag(m): 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2023
Which Mbaise ? These guys are Political jobbers.

1 Like

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by christistruth01: 10:36pm On Jan 06, 2023
owobokiri:
The way Mbaise is going after this thing is frightening . It's supposed to be a mutual governorship campaign but these brothers are preparing as if we are going for another Biafra war!

We don't know what you guys want to do with this power again. Looks like we will end up with an Ikwerre or Ngwa kind of situation in Imo politics with Mbaise in power..

Please what is happening I used to think Ihedioha was their son

5 Likes

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by Ance4Liverpool: 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
Any body that will contest against hope uzodimmma is the nest governor of imo state
Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by indemnityy: 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
The owner of new radio stations in Imo, Ihedioha's brother too, is one of the people behind this nonsense, but they will all fall.

He established his radio stations solely aim to pull Ihedioha down, whenever you on any of his radio stations, what you hear is aspertion casting against his own brother Ihedioha. They are all wasting their time.

Mbaise people I know can never abandon their own.

The one he did on Facebook recently is still fresh in our mind.

Continue...

1 Like

Re: Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu by melonsgroup: 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
I almost sent 40k instead of 4k to someone just now,
Na Insurficient balance save me��

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan / Presidency Issues Disclaimer On Buhari's 2015 Chatham House Speech / Breaking News: Meet The 2 Wives Of Gov. Adeleke, Ngozi & Titi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.